PDA

View Full Version : blue/green rules

DRAGONBAIT
09-19-2019, 03:02 AM
From someone who has never played an everquest blue server, what thing do i need to learn? im speaking about exp camps, items etc. Can i get to solo rathe mts giants eventho im killing slow if i "took" the camp? do u need to share if theres a full grp? how does all those things go now that i wont be able to compete for stuff?

thanks in advance

Videri
09-19-2019, 03:22 AM
Well, so, in indoor zones, there are "camps" consisting of multiple mobs. However, in outdoor zones, each player is allowed to claim only one spawn point. The remaining mobs are FTE. So, keep a fast-casting spell memmed to aggro a mob first. Also, make sure to be aware of whether someone else has engaged a mob.

For Hill Giants, you pretty much sit at a spawn point and keep it dead, and then try to pull what you can in between.

I believe we are allowed to med up before killing a mob, which someone told me while I was camping the OOT AC.

As for me, I've played to 54 on Blue and I don't think I've had any serious arguments or had anyone explode on me with regard to FTE on a mob. However...I have not yet raided on Blue, and perhaps that is where the emotions hit the fan.

Above all, be diplomatic and 99% of people will respect you. That's been my experience.

Other than that, it's the same Norrath as Red. You probably know all the camps and items you would want. Obviously resists are not AS important, but I still feel uncomfortable without some strong MR and an instant clicky. Mobs do root and dispel you sometimes, after all.

Will I see you on Green?

aaezil
09-19-2019, 04:30 AM
Imagine playing a MMO with the MM part!

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder
09-19-2019, 04:31 AM
Dont worry if you do something deemed against any rules people will tell you im sure :D

The SPICE on old EQ servers was rife. Feuds over not donating for a rez, sow etc ran comically deep. Breaches of ettiquette were brutually punished with passive agressive /ooc wars :D

Mostly joking.

Legidias
09-19-2019, 08:21 AM
While most people will let you med up, often people will say 30 sec is their 'limit' of waiting on XXX mob or else you're not keeping camp cleared.

Izmael
09-19-2019, 10:08 AM
1. Don't be toxic
2. If you're unsure if doing something is a good idea, ask around first
3. ...
4. Profit !@#$

loramin
09-19-2019, 11:54 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp Rules

As far as we know, they will be the same on Green (modulo /list of course).

Jibartik
09-19-2019, 12:03 PM
If we can get the population just right.

We can each sit on a spawn point and finally rid norrath of every foul beast once and for all.

Videri
09-19-2019, 03:22 PM
If we can get the population just right.

We can each sit on a spawn point and finally rid norrath of every foul beast once and for all.

lol

DRAGONBAIT
09-19-2019, 04:15 PM
Will I see you on Green?

Definetly yes, im eager for some classic feel on a fresh world, live tlps just doesnt make it. But im not sure how i will handle the blue experience, being and old time tallon zek player and then coming to red some years ago, never ever experienced the blue thing. Back in the day my neighbour was a monk on a pve server on a top spanish guild called Odisea, i remember watching a shit ton of trains during raids and all kind of shit over camps, always argued with him why he wouldnt just play tallon zek with me

Jibartik
09-19-2019, 04:46 PM
Definetly yes, im eager for some classic feel on a fresh world, live tlps just doesnt make it. But im not sure how i will handle the blue experience, being and old time tallon zek player and then coming to red some years ago, never ever experienced the blue thing. Back in the day my neighbour was a monk on a pve server on a top spanish guild called Odisea, i remember watching a shit ton of trains during raids and all kind of shit over camps, always argued with him why he wouldnt just play tallon zek with me

Pick the most PVE class you can think of so you are encouraged to not see red so easily.

Dont play a FD class, or you'll be banned in like 6 months coming from red99.

DRAGONBAIT
09-19-2019, 04:53 PM
Pick the most PVE class you can think of so you are encouraged to not see red so easily.

Dont play a FD class, or you'll be banned in like 6 months coming from red99.

hehe nah im not the kind of player who trains, never will be, i play red cos i like to play games on its hardest difficult mode, ive been doing it on every single player game too so. i also like the idea of gearing my character towards fighting other players, thats it

on another note, dont tell me people dont train shit on blue :p at least they did back in the day on live