PDA

View Full Version : So how many legacy items will be created?

Sellers53
09-16-2019, 02:27 PM
* May 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop

So that gives roughly 7 months or around 210 days. I'm figuring on Guise dropping about 8 times a day. So that's going to be 1,680 DE Masks on server. Seems like enough for anyone that will want one.

What's your call on other legacy items for which I know much less about the drop rates?

Legidias
09-16-2019, 02:30 PM
You're way too optimistic of that drop rate. Id think its closer to 4-5 a day. Given that supposedly 3k people will play it, its only like 1/4 the population

Jibartik
09-16-2019, 02:38 PM
If you divide the days by the mobs spawn time and provide 3 minuets per encounter to kill it.

That is 48 spawns a day.

That is approximately 10,176 kills in 7 months.

At a 25% drop rate that is around 2,544 Guise drops, or manastone drops in total.

Giving players something like 1 month to get into permafarming these items Id say that gives us about 2,000 manastones and 2,000 guise drops.

So yeah, there we go!

Id say more than half of the guise's dont make it to blue (players will quit by then) and something like the same or 1/3rd of that number, of the manastones will also rot away on those accounts as well.

Maybe even more than half and more than a third to the majority of those will rot away on unactive accounts by any server transfer IMO

Legidias
09-16-2019, 02:58 PM
You're forgetting that the mob itself doesn't always spawn. Maybe a ~10% chance of spawn?

a_gnome_collector
09-16-2019, 03:07 PM
You're forgetting that the mob itself doesn't always spawn. Maybe a ~10% chance of spawn?

lol

Jibartik
09-16-2019, 03:33 PM
lol dammit

Your right, ok 1 in 6 would be a conservative spawn rate Id wager, so that puts us here?:

333 guises

333 manastones

If it is 10% (which in my expereince is a little low for those spawns) it'd be 200 of each. But I think 10% spawn rate is too conservative for those two.

YIKES that's some serious competition! 8O

skorge
09-16-2019, 04:08 PM
lol dammit

Your right, ok 1 in 6 would be a conservative spawn rate Id wager, so that puts us here?:

333 guises

333 manastones

If it is 10% (which in my expereince is a little low for those spawns) it'd be 200 of each. But I think 10% spawn rate is too conservative for those two.

YIKES that's some serious competition! 8O

it is...i would say an average around 3-5 day would drop...that's a rough number and is a big difference being 3-5 but that's ballpark...i would camp the guise way back in 1999 and camped the manastone here on Red.

soronil
09-16-2019, 04:18 PM
Just a slightly unrelated question...

Do you guys think it will be more heavily camped 1 month in, 3 months in, 6 months in? What's the best point on the timeline for a filthy casual to keep a toon parked there and log in a few times a day looking for a short / empty list

Zeboim
09-16-2019, 04:22 PM
I imagine it will be camped pretty solid from the moment that they start dropping. Best chance is going to be 3am on a Wednesday or something, with a big pot of coffee and willing to stay there until noon.

Guise... I don't know about Guise. I feel like towards the end it probably won't be that hard. A lot of it is going to depend on the number of people on the server, and perhaps more importantly how many people
a) Know about the Guise (Those few crazies coming in stone cold that have never played EQ much)
b) how many people actually care about getting it (Lots of Dark Elves out there in Classic), Bards and Rogues (There won't be many rogues, but lots of bards)
c) How many people want to bother with it for their alts and
d)How many people will be spooked by a multi-hour camp.

I don't think we'll hit the point of them rotting so that poopsockers are sneaking level 1 alts in to loot them, but I think most people that actually want one and can invest a night in getting it will get it.

Jibartik
09-16-2019, 04:27 PM
Yeah its hard to speculate, if you're a casual player and you want one of these, I would suggest picking a week where you can avoid all responsibility for as many days straight as it may take to get one.

If you find out that it takes longer than a week of straight gaming to obtain one then god help the players that achieved this lol I will withdraw my application in that scenario

But 6 days? Id do 6 days :P

dwarf_cleric420
09-16-2019, 04:35 PM
Just a slightly unrelated question...

Do you guys think it will be more heavily camped 1 month in, 3 months in, 6 months in? What's the best point on the timeline for a filthy casual to keep a toon parked there and log in a few times a day looking for a short / empty list

It will be camped around the clock from the time the first pH dies (1 week in, maybe less) until it is removed, with extremely little to no chance of hoping on to find the camp open. Lower guk numbers will be 40+ during prime time and won't drop below high teens overnight, with those two camps in particular being camped overnight. If u want a guise or manastone you will most likely have to set aside a 12-16 hour chunk of time (longer the first few months) to move up the list by either people leaving (sleep, work, etc) or the item dropping.

dwarf_cleric420
09-16-2019, 04:48 PM
I have to say I'm very glad to see the "one time loot rule" being in effect for the Manastone since it's not lore. If u want multiple Manastones you'll have to buy them or level another character to "appropriate level".

Domo
09-16-2019, 05:02 PM
2 Green servers who get merge half year later would be the best solution
(I know it wont happen, just saying)

Aaramis
09-18-2019, 05:31 PM
I'm not too fussed about the Guise or Manastone, but would love, love, love full rubicite. It was the one thing I never obtained.

Not sure how feasible that is, though.

Jibartik
09-18-2019, 05:58 PM
I'm not too fussed about the Guise or Manastone, but would love, love, love full rubicite. It was the one thing I never obtained.

Not sure how feasible that is, though.

lol nobody even talking about this

or lustrous russet

Cryosilk Robe lost its luster because they let you craft that graphic in velious (terrible terrible mistake on the teams part I hate the person that decided to do that)

CT is where I hopefully do a lot of leveling because that zone is so rad, especially when people are hunting for that rubi plate!!

A red darkelf shaman sounds pretty attractive to me :( I CANT DECIDE WHAT TO PLAY