PDA

View Full Version : Green Server (sorry if this has been asked a million times)

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder
09-16-2019, 05:41 AM
I just came back to EQ after 15 years approx. Hated the way EQ is now and came here (and its awesome). I started on blue and saw that green is coming out in a just over a month.

Do people think Blue will become a ghost town as soon as green is out? I kind of wanted to do grouping and be on a server with a (fairly) healthy population.

Videri
09-16-2019, 05:48 AM
No. Blue has been around for ten years. There are a lot of players who don't want to start over. Some players are strongly attached to the work they've put into their characters (and their guildmates' characters) and are not that inspired by the thought of a fresh start.

There have been some doomsayers, but they don't understand.

Also, the staff recently stated they will allow players to play a character on Blue while playing a character on Green (as has long been the case between Red and Blue). Therefore, people don't even need to choose between the two servers.

We should expect Blue to take a significant population decrease, but the exact extent of it is hard to predict. Also...that might be a good thing, considering the bottlenecked high-level scene. Another question to ask (to which no one has the answer) is how many high-level versus low-level players will remain on Blue. Will we see the higher levels thin out, or will we see the lower levels dry up? It is hard to predict.

I think a lot of players are really excited about Green, and I am too. But we should remember: just because Green seems overwhelmingly enticing to you doesn't mean it seems that way to others.

I play with <Castle> which includes a lot of players on their first character, a lot of casual/new players, and probably a lot of alts. Several of my guildmates that aren't even level 60 yet have said they don't want to give up their level 40 mage or whatever. I would have thought they'd drop it in a heartbeat to start on a fresh server. So...you might be surprised how many people are playing Blue. Especially if you wait a month or so for the launch period rush to die down.

I'll be there, though. And so will <Castle>. Send me a message if you're looking for a good group of people to play with.

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder
09-16-2019, 05:51 AM
I guess i'll see how it goes. Thanks.

I cant say i fancy waiting 4 weeks+ to start playing so i'll continue and reassess.

Ravager
09-16-2019, 08:32 AM
Classic will be packed and it will be hard to find things to do. There will be a lot of waiting around lfg at zonelines. When blue was pre-kunark here, everything was permanently camped and that was with half the active population we have now. Blue will be fine, people will play it for something to do while waiting for their green group.

Jimjam
09-16-2019, 08:46 AM
Which newbie zones have the fastest respawn timers?

I know live has an awesome mechanic for paineel; each spawner pops 3 mobs at once, but won't do another wave of spawns until all 3 are slain. Sadly that isn't implemented here (i've been unable to find in era evidence) and besides which, paineel wasn't added till later in vanilla anyway.

HedleyKow
09-16-2019, 08:58 AM
Which newbie zones have the fastest respawn timers?

I know live has an awesome mechanic for paineel; each spawner pops 3 mobs at once, but won't do another wave of spawns until all 3 are slain. Sadly that isn't implemented here (i've been unable to find in era evidence) and besides which, paineel wasn't added till later in vanilla anyway.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Zone_Spawn_Timers

Jimjam
09-16-2019, 09:17 AM
Wow! What a great resource!

There must be some spawns on even faster cycles within newbie zones? Not unlike the couriers within loio...?

I guess the trick is in finding them!

Vidar
09-18-2019, 10:23 AM
Quick Question: If Paineel wasnt in game at launch where did erudite necros start?

Gustoo
09-18-2019, 10:25 AM
Jimjam in old days there was weird spawn mechanics in queynos like static spots but still 6 min timer.

Gunna be fun. Enjoy seeing people in every zone vs ghost town

The game wasn't meant to be a solo quest speed rush to Max level. On live it was hard for a player to get to level 9 for his first spells as a hybrid. Oh glory

Jibartik
09-18-2019, 10:33 AM
Wow! What a great resource!

There must be some spawns on even faster cycles within newbie zones? Not unlike the couriers within loio...?

I guess the trick is in finding them!

I am just learning how to do Pzyjn but the wiki says during night her placeholders spawn precisely 3 minuets after one is killed, though I have not seemed to been able to reproduce this behavior, Ive only spent a small amount of time out there.

honeybee12874
09-18-2019, 12:07 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Zone_Spawn_Timers

*GASP* How is it I've never seen this Wiki page before!!

loramin
09-18-2019, 12:08 PM
*GASP* How is it I've never seen this Wiki page before!!

Well, in all fairness you don't need to see it: the zone respawn time should also be listed on every zone's page.

soronil
09-18-2019, 12:25 PM
I am just learning how to do Pzyjn but the wiki says during night her placeholders spawn precisely 3 minuets after one is killed, though I have not seemed to been able to reproduce this behavior, Ive only spent a small amount of time out there.

She's got 5 spots. This post is from 2010, looks like something about her changed in 2014 but who knows exactly what. I suspect there is still 5 spots, and either 3 min or 6 min spawn timer.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3070

See you on the hill in a couple of months=)

honeybee12874
09-18-2019, 12:29 PM
Well, in all fairness you don't need to see it: the zone respawn time should also be listed on every zone's page.

Loramin, you are so thorough. LOL :D

Jibartik
09-18-2019, 01:37 PM
She's got 5 spots. This post is from 2010, looks like something about her changed in 2014 but who knows exactly what. I suspect there is still 5 spots, and either 3 min or 6 min spawn timer.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3070

See you on the hill in a couple of months=)

Is it a random time, between 3-6 mins you think?

I have a feeling on green there will be a player made list of 5 people holding down each spawn point and I am fine with that :D

loramin
09-18-2019, 02:28 PM
Loramin, you have an unhealthy obsession with talking about the wiki (and just talking, period, in this forum). LOL :D

FTFY, and you're not wrong ... :D