PDA

View Full Version : Green, /list and guising your alts

Izmael
09-14-2019, 05:53 AM
How is this going to work? Can you camp the mob on a /list camp, then when it's your turn and you finally get your item, can you log in your level 1 twink your dragged / ressed there and loot the guise?

What about your other alts? Are you forever banned from the camp or can simply get added to the end of the list again, with the same character, to camp the guise for your other alt?

I think these questions will inevitably surface very quickly after launch, so might as well make it clear for everyone now.

Side note: /list on Blue would be nice, if it works well on Green. Think of Scout and similar places...

Danth
09-14-2019, 08:14 AM
Clarification/confirmation would be nice but the way the post was worded it suggests you'd need to do the camp on the character you want to loot the item on, especially given P99 players' cultural tendency to want to put their alternate characters on different accounts. I don't see how an automated system could tell that a different character on a different account is the same person.

Danth

Demoraliser
09-14-2019, 08:16 AM
If you have to stay ONLINE. you'll have to find someone to kill the mob for you if your alt cant solo it themselves. They also need to be of appropriate level and have it be their turn for loot. As well as not afk.

There is mention of one per player. But that is probably a character or harsher account limitation.

I say no clarification because it only leads to people crying salty tears which are used to fuel the CSR team.
Make us figure it out by playing, shit's classic.

Izmael
09-14-2019, 09:09 AM
This doesn't compute. The guise is nodrop and some classes have little use for it. Not to mention all dark elves. So sooner or later someone will kill the mob and the guise will drop but they won't want to loot it.
Now what, it must rot, even though there are people standing around who want it? Sounds wrong.

Paging @rogean @nilbog for clarification!

Danth
09-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Definitely need some clarification there; Nilbog's forum post indicated such description will indeed be forthcoming. Simplest implementation would be if nobody's on the list then said corpse simply opens to everyone as normal. If someone IS on the list then by definition there's someone standing there waiting to loot said item.

Danth

Jibartik
09-14-2019, 09:36 AM
It would be a bit of a bummer if you could only get a mask for your main basically. Its not very everquest to not be able to use your main to get items yourself by getting em to the camp, killing the mob on your own, and then looting the no drop treasure with your alt.

But, that said, it would reduce the chance that I'd have a mask on every single level 1 class by the time green got transferred to blue, so i guess it helps reduce the amount of darkelfs running around.

So to that end I guess its a good idea.

I dont want to main a druid though and I may if there is a chance that I will only have the time to level up 1 character guise farm status, so great job, you increased the number of druids on the server with this solution! :p

Idk, whatever they chose I'm fine with, but I think the list should just be a server side GUI and players must follow it under threat of ban if they knowingly skip anyone.

Dolalin
09-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Again, people presuming they are super geniuses and declaring the mechanic broken because they can think up a few edge cases.

Calm the fuck down.

1) You aren't that smart
2) The devs aren't idiots

Jibartik
09-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Again, people presuming they are super geniuses and declaring the mechanic broken because they can think up a few edge cases.

Calm the fuck down.

1) You aren't that smart

3) wow but you sure are.

This is serverchat not RNF

aaezil
09-14-2019, 10:01 AM
Did you even read the dev post about it? You need to be lvl appropriate and be online and in the zone / near the camp to get on the list.

Your lvl 1 alt not logged in doesnt quality for any of that.

Jibartik
09-14-2019, 10:03 AM
Definitely need some clarification there; Nilbog's forum post indicated such description will indeed be forthcoming. Simplest implementation would be if nobody's on the list then said corpse simply opens to everyone as normal. If someone IS on the list then by definition there's someone standing there waiting to loot said item.

Danth

Say there are 3 players in lower guk waiting on the evil eye to spawn and they are on the list (as player 1 2 and 3 in that order) out of curiosity how would one solve this issue:

player 1 kills mob loots item, name is removed from list.

player 2 waits for mob to spawn, is level appropriate, but not capable of killing it and just stands there.

Player 3 gets impatient and kills the mob, player 2 gets to loot the item?

:thinking emoji:

Edit: I guess a engage timer? That'll do it. Move to resolved!

Dolalin
09-14-2019, 10:10 AM
I think they'll come out with a very sane implementation, and this thread will be a completely forgotten waste of everyone's time.

Jibartik
09-14-2019, 10:16 AM
Everyone else see's the irony in this guy's post right?

skorge
09-14-2019, 10:27 AM
it just sounds more simple and easier for the devs to have whoever kill the assassin actually be the same one to loot the guise...otherwise, everyone and their grandma will run level 5 toons there and camp them and the guise will be perma camped for several months.

plus this will create fewer guises on the server = them being more respectable...

Videri
09-14-2019, 10:28 AM
I think Nilbog and Rogean may have answered some of your questions already.

Lists
We would like players to have their fair shot at obtaining limited time items, and to that end we are devising a system for a server-kept 'list' of players in line to loot said item. Upon entering a zone or camp area, you will be able to enter a command to add yourself to the list for this item. While your name is on that list you must remain in the zone or camp vicinity until your name reaches the top (You'll have a limited time to re-enter the zone or area in case of disconnection). Once your name is up, and the item drops, you will automatically be granted exclusive permission to loot that item from the corpse. We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on. We believe this should closely mimic how the majority of camps were handled in classic Everquest, and is the best solution to mechanically enforce it. More details about this system will be announced prior to launch.

I want to address a few misconceptions I've seen about the Lists.

The items will still be going to those that put the time in. This is not a "Casual" mechanism. This is a "Fair playing field for those that can put the time in". You will need to be the appropriate level that we pre-determine to add to the list. You need to stay ONLINE and in the zone or near the camp. You need to pass AFK Check Mechanisms. You can only loot it once. Etc. This system is purely to prevent the same people or group of people from holding the camp for days or weeks at a time and stocking up the items for themself and their friends/guildies.

Videri
09-14-2019, 10:33 AM
I think Nilbog and Rogean may have answered some of your questions already.

(1)
Can you camp the mob on a /list camp, then when it's your turn and you finally get your item, can you log in your level 1 twink your dragged / ressed there and loot the guise?

Looks like a no.

While your name is on that list you must remain in the zone or camp vicinity until your name reaches the top (You'll have a limited time to re-enter the zone or area in case of disconnection). Once your name is up, and the item drops, you will automatically be granted exclusive permission to loot that item from the corpse.

You will need to be the appropriate level that we pre-determine to add to the list. You need to stay ONLINE and in the zone or near the camp. You need to pass AFK Check Mechanisms. You can only loot it once. Etc.

(2)
What about your other alts? Are you forever banned from the camp or can simply get added to the end of the list again, with the same character, to camp the guise for your other alt?

If the list implementation is based on name, you'll have to camp it on that alt, which means being level-appropriate.

Furthermore:

More details about this system will be announced prior to launch.

Jibartik
09-14-2019, 10:33 AM
these few posts really make me feel like the spirit of this rule or whatever it is, is to make the server more classic, meaning it is likely going to make alting a guise a lot harder, and I am totally down for that.

If after green99 it still feels unique to have a guise, that'd be a real feat.

Coridan
09-14-2019, 11:09 AM
Say there are 3 players in lower guk waiting on the evil eye to spawn and they are on the list (as player 1 2 and 3 in that order) out of curiosity how would one solve this issue:

player 1 kills mob loots item, name is removed from list.

player 2 waits for mob to spawn, is level appropriate, but not capable of killing it and just stands there.

Player 3 gets impatient and kills the mob, player 2 gets to loot the item?

:thinking emoji:

Edit: I guess a engage timer? That'll do it. Move to resolved!

It's called, don't be a jerk, help player 2 out, group up with him so he can secure the kill and your turn can come faster

El-Hefe
09-14-2019, 11:15 AM

Calm the fuck down.

1) You aren't that smart

Hahaha, this is the correct response. The second the devs announced the list rule the very first thing forum questers did was come up with potential ways it could be circumvented.

The server is ten years in the making, you really think the developers haven’t had time to anticipate neckbeard fuckery and devise ways to combat it? Really?

Jibartik
09-14-2019, 11:36 AM
https://i.imgur.com/XB2w28j.png

Cen
09-14-2019, 01:09 PM
Guys, if i main a ranger, would you let me join your group to slaughter bad boy frogs? We will end this madness and all join our cult of dark brothers. I wont hurt your xp too much

Canelek
09-14-2019, 10:41 PM
Oh, I did not see the 'appropriate level' bit. Cool beans.