PDA

View Full Version : Who will wake the first Green Sleeper

Demoraliser
09-13-2019, 10:29 PM
With all this talk of lists and camps. A greater question looms in the chilling future.
sleeper is back on the menu!

Daloon
09-14-2019, 12:56 AM
not it

indiscriminate_hater
09-14-2019, 01:23 AM
The better question is: who will be mad they didn’t get warder loot?

Izmael
09-14-2019, 01:51 AM
Mead on suicide watch

Worry
09-14-2019, 08:46 AM
Hopefully no one. I want a Tinkering Mask and am prepared to neckbeard it.

Danth
09-14-2019, 08:51 AM
I don't know what the guild name will be, but I'll bet a fair portion of the players present will be the same folks who woke it on Blue.

Danth

Chortles Snort|eS
09-14-2019, 01:56 PM
me think slEePer B harDer 2 KilL wiT aPProPriaTe timE LinE no?

loramin
09-14-2019, 02:11 PM

Yes, but that will probably only matter to a small degree.

It's true that Velious raiders this time won't have seven years of Kunark gear, but the very top raiders will still be close to BiS (and you don't need 100% BiS gear to wake the sleeper anyway). The day Velious drops I expect the server will be capable of waking the Sleeper; the keys will be what limits things.

Plus everyone will still have a million times more player knowledge: not just from live, but now from Blue also. When Velious first came out here lots of people had forgotten a ton about how it worked in the many years since it happened ... but now it's fresh in everyone's mind.

Because of all that I really don't see the average server gear level, even if will be lower, mattering much for the Sleeper's lifetime.

Endonde
09-14-2019, 02:41 PM

Not really, you can just farm HoT and get enough gear to wake the sleeper, Kunark gear for the most part is easily replaced in Velious.

Teppler
09-14-2019, 03:51 PM
The most important thing in business and in making deals is getting people to believe you. The economy is like a woman, of which also I have been with many. These guys have been forgotten but my name will be remembered. I think I'm a legendary mogul. I'm a legendary mojul. I've known about business for a long time. I know people have been spending money. That people have been buying things and selling things. I was very aware of that. Okay? For a long time. I knew that there were bank accounts and insurance. This is what makes me a mojul. What else makes me a mojul? Let me tell you a little about my childhood. I knew this guy Softspots. I knew everything he liked and loved just by looking in his eyes. This is what a mojul does. The most important thing with business is the velocity of money. In fact Guinness book of world record says it was the longest meeting. Landed hole in one, that was the first time I ever swang a golf club. That's how I made my first 1 million dollar bill. This chump didn't know what he was in for. It's a way that I get my employees to pay me. If you want to be good at business you have to be a demon. Can you really blame me for having no moral compass? I feel nothing. I just have a hunger for people's pain. It's also a sign of my power. Because the money that I have gets cut off by the excel spread sheet. Okay. There's an X. There's a multiplier because I have all my money concentrated in 100 million dollar bills. Do the numbers add up at the end of the day for the businesses that they started? I don't think so. I'm going to make so much money off that you're going to be calling me crazy. People say that I'm crazy, they say that I'm obscure. They're wrong. Capice? Did you just hear what I just told you? What I can do with a deal? What I can do with a conversation? What I can do with a contract? I have to do math all day, so you can stay alive. I'm going to follow you into the bathroom. I'm gonna hit you in the head with my beer glass just to see your skull crack. I'm gonna follow you home to find out where you live. Do you know what else I came up with? I came up with you. I came up with you. Because I'm God. Every person I kill becomes my slave in the after life. I'm gonna rough your soul up. You're gonna be waiting in my palace in heaven. Waiting to serve me the finest wines. After that I'm gonna come back. It's gonna be the death day. And you're gonna be sleeping forever. You're never going to have sleeping problems again. That's the only power a God can have. Lets get back to square one. Lets get back to economics, basic economics. Dude, the other day I made a fucking deal. I was fucking talking backwards. This guy couldn't stop buying. I had to physically restrain him from buying. He was fucking accepting ever single fucking thi.....

Ravager
09-14-2019, 05:59 PM
I don't know what the guild name will be, but I'll bet a fair portion of the players present will be the same folks who woke it on Blue.

Danth
The name will be <Ocean of Tears>. They'll make a gif shooting Detoxx the double, SoD bird with some of his rage tells peppering the animation.

Demoraliser
09-14-2019, 06:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/POf7tZy.gif

k9quaint
09-14-2019, 06:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/POf7tZy.gif

Glorious

Pint
09-14-2019, 11:01 PM

No

Sonderbeast
09-14-2019, 11:03 PM
that was a quick ban

area
09-15-2019, 02:52 AM
If the sleeper doesn't get woken, he gets rolled into Blue, right? :p

Mead
09-15-2019, 03:07 AM
Mead on suicide watch

Hibbs
09-15-2019, 03:09 AM
LOL

Arvan
09-15-2019, 09:55 AM
The most important thing in business and in making deals is getting people to believe you. The economy is like a woman, of which also I have been with many. These guys have been forgotten but my name will be remembered. I think I'm a legendary mogul. I'm a legendary mojul. I've known about business for a long time. I know people have been spending money. That people have been buying things and selling things. I was very aware of that. Okay? For a long time. I knew that there were bank accounts and insurance. This is what makes me a mojul. What else makes me a mojul? Let me tell you a little about my childhood. I knew this guy Softspots. I knew everything he liked and loved just by looking in his eyes. This is what a mojul does. The most important thing with business is the velocity of money. In fact Guinness book of world record says it was the longest meeting. Landed hole in one, that was the first time I ever swang a golf club. That's how I made my first 1 million dollar bill. This chump didn't know what he was in for. It's a way that I get my employees to pay me. If you want to be good at business you have to be a demon. Can you really blame me for having no moral compass? I feel nothing. I just have a hunger for people's pain. It's also a sign of my power. Because the money that I have gets cut off by the excel spread sheet. Okay. There's an X. There's a multiplier because I have all my money concentrated in 100 million dollar bills. Do the numbers add up at the end of the day for the businesses that they started? I don't think so. I'm going to make so much money off that you're going to be calling me crazy. People say that I'm crazy, they say that I'm obscure. They're wrong. Capice? Did you just hear what I just told you? What I can do with a deal? What I can do with a conversation? What I can do with a contract? I have to do math all day, so you can stay alive. I'm going to follow you into the bathroom. I'm gonna hit you in the head with my beer glass just to see your skull crack. I'm gonna follow you home to find out where you live. Do you know what else I came up with? I came up with you. I came up with you. Because I'm God. Every person I kill becomes my slave in the after life. I'm gonna rough your soul up. You're gonna be waiting in my palace in heaven. Waiting to serve me the finest wines. After that I'm gonna come back. It's gonna be the death day. And you're gonna be sleeping forever. You're never going to have sleeping problems again. That's the only power a God can have. Lets get back to square one. Lets get back to economics, basic economics. Dude, the other day I made a fucking deal. I was fucking talking backwards. This guy couldn't stop buying. I had to physically restrain him from buying. He was fucking accepting ever single fucking thi.....

stay off drugs, kids

Nuggie
09-15-2019, 10:36 AM
If the sleeper doesn't get woken, he gets rolled into Blue, right? :p

I like this idea.

Teppler
09-15-2019, 10:43 AM
stay off drugs, kids

Ty for acknowledging me.

Zekayy
09-15-2019, 01:32 PM

you cant actually kill the sleeper he quads for 6k

Wonkie
09-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Ty for acknowledging me.

Don't flatter yourself, you're not a sociopath. Just a garden-variety millennial narcissist.

Danth
09-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Might be able to using a modification of the same tactic as it was killed with on live. sleeper still has to refresh its melee attack/deathtouch so it has a finite rate at which it can kill people. Have some dozens of epic clerics doing nothing but rezzing people and simply throw hundreds of players at it for hours. With enough clerics you can rez people faster than sleeper can kill them. Given the level 60 cap here most likely several sets of such players would be necessary (to prevent overmuch exp/level loss), and it's questionable whether the zone could support the necessary number of people. It'd be fun to try. Blue--with its huge plethora of level 60 characters--would've been the ideal place to try it, unfortunately that opportunity has passed.

Danth

Legday
09-16-2019, 11:55 AM
3/4 warders are killable with 15 keyed players of the right class comp. Ventani is the only outlier and he is doable with 25? 5 keys drop per week (depending on which version of Sontalak is out in front of ToV) so assuming no earthquakes it could be awake within a couple of months if the keys are falling into the wrong hands. It only took about 6 months last time and that is when keys were being split between 2 guilds/alliances, to a degree.

But my guess is that the Kunark guild competition on green will either be more cordial than it was on blue or even a single dominant guild that has a more benevolent server image and the server ends up agreeing to leave the warders up.

Domo
09-16-2019, 12:48 PM
Waking the Sleepers is a douch move by douchbags.

*just my 2 cents"

Oldschoolplayer
09-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Limited sleeper time before the merge eh?

Videri
09-16-2019, 09:03 PM

The Sleeper will not be killed.

Teppler
09-16-2019, 09:07 PM
Don't flatter yourself, you're not a sociopath. Just a garden-variety millennial narcissist.

dont worry itll get better. much better - O in fact yur gonna grow physically to get taller and ur gonna get a few Os added to yr bank account as in yr gonna go from having 480 dollars to 4.8 mil dollars, and thats not a joke or exaggeration i know for a fact that yr life is gonna have a total reversal and its gonna stop being like a wes anderson film without humor /charm and start being a like a film about u, thats a FACT this isnt a joke. ppl r gonna start LOVING u bc they just, like, their entire happliness depends on ur attention falling on them liek rays of sunshine, this is actually going to happen to YOU i know it and its not a joke. Just kidding click here.

Wonkie
09-16-2019, 09:38 PM
dont worry itll get better. much better - O in fact yur gonna grow physically to get taller and ur gonna get a few Os added to yr bank account as in yr gonna go from having 480 dollars to 4.8 mil dollars, and thats not a joke or exaggeration i know for a fact that yr life is gonna have a total reversal and its gonna stop being like a wes anderson film without humor /charm and start being a like a film about u, thats a FACT this isnt a joke. ppl r gonna start LOVING u bc they just, like, their entire happliness depends on ur attention falling on them liek rays of sunshine, this is actually going to happen to YOU i know it and its not a joke. Just kidding click here.

k

Sonderbeast
09-16-2019, 10:03 PM

Sonderbeast
09-16-2019, 10:04 PM
Where do I click. How does this work. Help

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 12:30 AM
Where do I click. How does this work. Help

Just sign at the bottom and you'll be shipped off to a nice loot council guild that will only rewards best friends with warder loot.

Ghostly
09-17-2019, 07:21 AM
Just sign at the bottom and you'll be shipped off to a nice loot council guild that will only rewards best friends with warder loot.

That's gonna be a gratz me... did i stutter?

Ravager
09-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Not a bad system at all if you are capable of being and having a friend. It's the ones who can't that get butthurt.

imsorryGMs
09-19-2019, 08:22 AM
you cant actually kill the sleeper he quads for 6k

Doesn't mean you can't zerg him down

jacobar
09-19-2019, 05:36 PM
Doesn't mean you can't zerg him down

sleeper has almost been killed before on the actual original.eq the first time it was released and original devs were mad/bad so they reset him, so to say that it is entirely impossible is just wrong.

Danth
09-19-2019, 05:53 PM
sleeper has almost been killed before on the actual original.eq the first time it was released and original devs were mad/bad so they reset him, so to say that it is entirely impossible is just wrong.

He was killed: After the fiasco you describe the same folks went in a second time and completed the kill. As was expected it dropped nothing and corpse poofed in 30 seconds. They were level 65 but the same tactics could potentially work with a level 60 cap provided the zone could support the required (large) number of players. The bigger stumbling block on P99 is that the top end guilds inevitably despise each other and would rather take a dump in their own sandbox just to screw the other guys. Getting 'em to work together on anything seems a daunting prospect at best.

Danth

toasteroven
09-21-2019, 01:14 AM
Why would you want guilds working together if they don't need to? There's no content in the game where you need more than 60 to 70 people. The more competition, the better

kjs86z
09-21-2019, 10:00 AM
Hopefully whichever group of neckbeards gets the ST key dragons on lockdown first just runs in there and wakey wakey eggs n bac-y that bitch immediately just to rustle the entire rest of the server.

I'll be watching from blue with a fresh box o' popcorn. See you in hell.

Mead
09-21-2019, 10:27 AM
Hopefully whichever group of neckbeards gets the ST key dragons on lockdown first just runs in there and wakey wakey eggs n bac-y that bitch immediately just to rustle the entire rest of the server.

I'll be watching from ST with a fresh box o' popcorn. See you in hell.

derpcake2
09-23-2019, 04:52 PM
Green is going to provide massive entertainment.

Can't wait to not play.

Sonark
09-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Green is going to provide massive entertainment.

Can't wait to not play.Fact

shuklak
09-24-2019, 04:33 AM
This is all just pandering to a desperate media and all its slaves.

Be above the influence.

Be high.