PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Green Speculation Thread

Lojik
09-13-2019, 01:43 PM
So we finally got the big announcement! Green is coming (Blue 2.0.) in late October, legacy items with lists, accurate timeline and patch updates, and reintegration into blue at the end.

The goal of this thread is to have a centralized place for people to ask questions and potentially get speculative answers from other members of the community (maybe a guide or dev if they feel like it?)

Here's my questions: Which zones are we likely to see as their super classic version upon release? For example will we get paineel? Or will we only a necro hut in tox forest? How about the first released version of splitpaw?

Jibartik
09-13-2019, 02:22 PM
It will be discord permadeath server.

Atmas
09-13-2019, 02:23 PM
I'm probably not playing Green but I wonder:

If people can create duplicate names on Green because they have the account with that name on blue what happens when the servers are merged? Also what happens if someone filled all the character slots on blue and the servers merged?

If the Sleeper is never awoken on Green what happens when Green is merged into Blue?

Cen
09-13-2019, 02:24 PM
The price of a manastone on blue just went below a Stein of moggok lol

Crede
09-13-2019, 02:27 PM
Blue gonna be so lame after the merger just dark elves running around everywhere. Reminds me of the illusion campsites on live where your whole group was a DE if you wanted it. Wish they’d nerf these novelty items from day 1. Or give a limited timeline with no csr support and watch the neckbeards go nuts over it.

Jibartik
09-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Blue gonna be so lame after the merger just dark elves running around everywhere.

That's like saying that currently everyone is running around with a hologresh elder eye pet following them around right now.

Canelek
09-13-2019, 02:30 PM
Love the list idea.

For the timeline, I am curious if exploits (duping, pathing exploits, etc.) are patched out at the beginning, or if it'll be a cheating shitshow until said patches arrive.

Cen
09-13-2019, 02:33 PM
Blue gonna be so lame after the merger just dark elves running around everywhere. Reminds me of the illusion campsites on live where your whole group was a DE if you wanted it. Wish they’d nerf these novelty items from day 1. Or give a limited timeline with no csr support and watch the neckbeards go nuts over it.

I always hoped that Dark elves would rule the world. Now they can. Now *we* can. :)

Canelek
09-13-2019, 02:35 PM
And regarding lists, will it be like scout roll, where character level is irrelevant? It would suck to have a list hundreds deep of level 1 characters that simply have to be ushered in via invis/IVU/etc and loot a mob that is getting killed by other people on the list out of reflex.

I'm sure the project team has considered this and has a plan. 10 years of live experiment have exposed what some people will do to be Daddy Elfbux. :)

Daldaen
09-13-2019, 02:48 PM
I’m wondering if they are going to go classic experience and nerf SoulFire/Reaper of the dead to be only Paladin/SK clickable on Green. The way P99 has used them for the past 9 years is probably more destructive than Ivandyr’s Hoops.

ineubis
09-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Sorry if I'm being thick, but what does "merge into blue and start over" mean?

Vexenu
09-13-2019, 03:02 PM
I’m wondering if they are going to go classic experience and nerf SoulFire/Reaper of the dead to be only Paladin/SK clickable on Green. The way P99 has used them for the past 9 years is probably more destructive than Ivandyr’s Hoops.

Yes, please. Pretty please.

Also the list thing is probably the best way to deal with the Manastone and guise camps, but as was pointed out, this will simply result in the totally unclassic result of basically everyone on the server possessing both items. I almost wish they were both simply removed from Green entirely, limited as rewards to semi-frequent GM events or, (most un-classic but pro-fun idea) put on the loot table of random mobs in random zones as SUPER rare drops. So that you could conceivably loot a guise by killing a willow wisp in WC or a Qeynos guard in QH, etc... But make the drop rate so absurdly small that at most only 5-10% of the server would realistically be able to get one before they are removed. This would preserve the rarity and mystique of these items while giving everyone an equally low chance of obtaining one. I mean, guises and manastones are cool - but they're just kind of dumb if almost everyone has one. Then it's no longer a special cool thing. Entire groups of dark Elves clicking their Manastones in unison. Ugh.

Videri
09-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Sorry if I'm being thick, but what does "merge into blue and start over" mean?

All characters on Green will be copied to Blue; then Green will be wiped and restarted from the beginning of the timeline again. Does that answer your question?

That way, if you want to keep playing your Green char, you just log into Blue and it's still there to play forever. But if your body is ready for another'nother classic experience, there's a fresh server for you to reroll on.

Videri
09-13-2019, 03:23 PM
If the Sleeper is never awoken on Green what happens when Green is merged into Blue?

Well, remember, "merging" just means copying the characters. There's no reason to believe that anything else (including the status of certain crystal dragon mobs) will be copied over.

ineubis
09-13-2019, 03:25 PM
All characters on Green will be copied to Blue; then Green will be wiped and restarted from the beginning of the timeline again. Does that answer your question?

Definitely does. Thank you!

soronil
09-13-2019, 04:42 PM
Here's my questions: Which zones are we likely to see as their super classic version upon release? For example will we get paineel? Or will we only a necro hut in tox forest? How about the first released version of splitpaw?

For splitpaw, they did not have the data to recreate it as it was on live, so we probably will have the revamped version.

For paineel, good question. Easy enough to disable paineel, but do they have the data to recreate the necro hut with all the needed npcs (i guess they could theoretically just copy them from paineel and paste them in toxx? )
Looks like nilbog was researching this at some point, presumably to get it ready for green:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1062134&postcount=1

"Part of my ongoing recreation of p99 is content being accurate even if it has passed on our current timeline. If/when specifics are available, the content is fixed for later. In the event we open another server from the beginning, it behooves us to create on/off switches for those times."

That's in 2013 and they were already making fixes that would never apply to blue but would apply to green... Pretty impressive. Who knows if he ever found the data to add this though.

What is clear though, that even after blue was past something occuring on the timeline, they were still making legacy changes and flagging them for the eventual green, so there will certainly be some suprises.

Jibartik
09-13-2019, 04:51 PM
* January 2020: Plane of Fear
* April 2020: Plane of Hate
* May 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop
* August 2020: Plane of Sky
* November 2020: Ruins of Kunark
* April 2021: Epics
* July 2021: Scars of Velious
* The above list is not exhaustive; each month will have unlocks of patches from March 1999 to December 2001.

I dont see paineel on this list! Many aspiring clerics would like to know about some of these quests 8)

soronil
09-13-2019, 04:52 PM
* January 2020: Plane of Fear
* April 2020: Plane of Hate
* May 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop
* August 2020: Plane of Sky
* November 2020: Ruins of Kunark
* April 2021: Epics
* July 2021: Scars of Velious
* The above list is not exhaustive; each month will have unlocks of patches from March 1999 to December 2001.

I dont see paineel on this list!

* The above list is not exhaustive

Jibartik
09-13-2019, 04:55 PM
doh

Lojik
09-13-2019, 06:06 PM
What will be the equilibrium price of bone chips after a day? A week? A month? Not many high level buyers but great for leveling in kaladim.

What will be peak pop on opening weekend? I estimate1200

Coridan
09-13-2019, 06:21 PM
That means March/April is Bloody Kithicor. Hopefully right around spring break :)

Canelek
09-13-2019, 10:50 PM
What will be the equilibrium price of bone chips after a day? A week? A month? Not many high level buyers but great for leveling in kaladim.

What will be peak pop on opening weekend? I estimate1200

I dunno. Seems like we will get a lot of former players in for the opener. Whether they decide to stick around is a different thing... I'll go higher at 1800. I'd bet elfbux, but I am on the lower end of the economy. :)

aaezil
09-13-2019, 10:57 PM

Wah wah wah baby want his bottle?

ScribinTheScribe
09-14-2019, 12:20 AM
DO WE HAVE TO LOOK AT SPELLBOOK TO MEDITATE LIKE WE DID IN 1999?!?!?!

Jibartik
09-14-2019, 01:36 AM
Will newbie guards be farmable? or will the be the roided out ones we have now? :thinking emoji:

Keza
09-14-2019, 03:31 AM

Why would you ask a philosophical question regarding the intelligence of EQ players less than an hour after you posted this?

Does anyone think that if all the global total man hours spent playing eq were instead put into curing cancer or something then there would be no more cancer 10 years ago?

I legit want to know your thought pattern. If there is one.

Jibartik
09-14-2019, 09:22 AM

https://www.nbcnews.com/sciencemain/gamers-solve-molecular-puzzle-baffled-scientists-6C10402813

:o

loramin
09-14-2019, 10:51 AM

https://i.imgur.com/oljrz5X.png

Sillyturtle
09-15-2019, 05:51 AM
I dunno. Seems like we will get a lot of former players in for the opener. Whether they decide to stick around is a different thing... I'll go higher at 1800. I'd bet elfbux, but I am on the lower end of the economy. :)

I think a lot of people from Daybreak TLP servers are going to come.

I predict numbers over 4000.

Canelek
09-15-2019, 06:26 AM
I think a lot of people from Daybreak TLP servers are going to come.

I predict numbers over 4000.

That would be bananas, but you may be right. I’m hoping some old pals from FoH will return. We tend to run into each other every decade or so.

loramin
09-15-2019, 11:33 AM

Mods: how is this allowed outside RnF?

Rants and Flames
Any rant or flame against a player or guild should be contained inside of the Rants and Flames forum of the respective Blue or Red server forums. Do not bash a guild or a player outside of Rants and Flames.

Sonderbeast
09-15-2019, 11:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/oljrz5X.png

Mods help loramin bash

loramin
09-15-2019, 11:42 AM
That's a fair point (although I didn't introduce RnF into a non-RnF forum, I just insulted the person who did so). Still, if I have to eat a suspension to get a little civility restored to the non-RnF forums I will happily take one for the team :)

Of course the mods have other options too, like PMing both of us and saying "knock off the bashing of your fellow players outside of RnF: if you do it again you will eat a permanent ban". I'm really less concerned about how specifically they get punitive. I just want people to keep RnF in RnF.

Sonderbeast
09-15-2019, 11:45 AM
If I have to eat a suspension to get a little civility restored to the non-RnF forums I will happily take one for the team :)

But look the mods have other options too, like PMing both of us and saying "knock off the bashing of your fellow players outside of RnF: if you do it again you will eat a permanent ban" or something. I'm less about the punitive aspect and more about trying to get people to keep RnF in RnF.

Art thou by inference indicating mine incivility? Pah, thou hath offended mine sentiments, away with thee and thine barbaric ursine headwear!

loramin
09-15-2019, 11:46 AM
Thou incivility belongs in RnF ... along with all thou brethrens' incivility ;)

Sonderbeast
09-15-2019, 11:47 AM
New hair who dis? Anyone hear about that UBI? P cool stuff might vote yang.

Dolalin
09-15-2019, 12:04 PM
Thou incivility belongs in RnF ... along with all thou brethrens' incivility ;)

Thine

Jibartik
09-15-2019, 12:09 PM
This a role play thread?

"Hail"

Sonderbeast
09-15-2019, 12:11 PM
Thine

He's European or something, give him a break he has a cute hat.

Jibartik
09-15-2019, 12:12 PM
He's European or something, give him a break he has a cute hat.

Euridopeans.

They think they're so smart.

Not like us dark elves, we're just smart.

Lojik
09-15-2019, 03:16 PM
Are we getting nerfed or prenerfed seafuries? Was that a timeline nerf or just not enough evidence to keep sweet cash drops?

Daldaen
09-15-2019, 05:21 PM
Will they put the Blue Sleeper back to sleep as they launch green and wait how long it takes nerds to notice warders are up?

Quizlop
09-15-2019, 05:30 PM
Are hybrids going to have nerfed Mana pools? Lasted a few months into kunark.

Jimjam
09-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Are we getting nerfed or prenerfed seafuries? Was that a timeline nerf or just not enough evidence to keep sweet cash drops?

Apparently there was compelling evidence that the drops here were way above classic. There was detailed evidence for what the proper rate should have been.

As such green should have blue's current drop rate from day 1. My recent visit pegs that as 6 cash loots in 13 kills. Still pretty good.

Lojik
09-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Hmmm... What zones going to produce the first RNF drama post? QH with gnollfangs/diseased pelts/pzyjin? Lfay with sisters? Or will people hold it together longer?

Also wonder if there's going to be a guild port function of some kind? Probably lots of ppl in blue going to join guildies.

Lojik
09-19-2019, 11:13 PM
Hmmm... What zones going to produce the first RNF drama post? QH with gnollfangs/diseased pelts/pzyjin? Lfay with sisters? Or will people hold it together longer?

Also wonder if there's going to be a guild port function of some kind? Probably lots of ppl in blue going to join guildies.

Also wonder: What's CSR gonna be like for the first few days? Responding to reports of KSing level 1 skeletons? Or is it just gonna be FFA for the most part.

Jibartik
09-20-2019, 12:18 AM
Also wonder: What's CSR gonna be like for the first few days? Responding to reports of KSing level 1 skeletons? Or is it just gonna be FFA for the most part.

We're gonna need a bigger green rnf