PDA

View Full Version : PvP on Blue/Green

walfreyydo
09-12-2019, 02:11 PM
I was curious if it would be possible to have PvP on blue by having two guilds be in permanent guildwar towards each other. (some digging seems to indicate the answer is no, guildwar disabled (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277626) despite pretty overwhelming playerbase support (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166527))

Basically the idea here is two guilds are created, one for light races, one for dark races, the guilds guildwar each other and stay that way permanently.

I am unsure of the mechanics of guildwar and how PvP flags are handled in that case (is it like book of discord where no buffs or heals are allowed from non-booked players, only guildies?).

It seems like this is the key to having the best of both worlds on one server. It would also be primarily team-based, which is by and large where EQ PvP shines. Furthermore, this could eliminate some of the lawyerquesting as disputes on PvP servers were usually handled through PvP. Ultimately this solves the issue of people who want to PvP (of which there are many on P99) have the option to do so. I would like to make a plea to the devs to consider implementing /guildwar sometime in the future. It is classic, afterall.

If the devs simply do not want to implement this, an alternative would be to form two guilds composed only of players who have handed in their books of discord, which could be doable.

Thoughts?

Worry
09-12-2019, 06:35 PM
One of my buddies in-game always wants to start a PVP guild on Blue, I told him he should do it and there'd probably be lots of interested folks but he never did.

The idea of two warring pvp guilds on a blue server is interesting though, I think it would be a fun mini-game gimmick-characters much like Auld for a portion of the server.

turbosilk
09-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Join Red

Jibartik
09-12-2019, 08:18 PM
I cant imagine if guildwar worked that there wouldn't 2 pvp guilds on blue99 that drop whatever they're doing and fight to the death whenever they encounter each other for the last many years.

iirc the feature does not work on p99

I wonder what this game would be like today, if the only places you could PVP in classic everquest was in all raid zones and the pvp in those zones was mandatory all the way back to the introduction of the planes. I wonder if it would have made end game raiding much more interesting 20 years later than it is, not that it isnt, but I'd just like to know what p99 raiding is like in that timeline.

Chortles Snort|eS
09-12-2019, 11:03 PM
ImAgiNe enD gaEm zoneS conveRted intO ConTesTed pVp zoNeS by -+4 lvlS

walfreyydo
09-13-2019, 08:26 AM
I cant imagine if guildwar worked that there wouldn't 2 pvp guilds on blue99 that drop whatever they're doing and fight to the death whenever they encounter each other for the last many years

This is exactly the vision of what I was thinking as well.

I wonder if it could still be possible even without /guildwar through having players turn in book of discord and join opposing guilds, as a workaround?

Bbeta
09-13-2019, 09:08 AM
I have been wanting to start a pvp guild so bad but I'm super busy and having fun working with Aftermath.

I think there would definitely be interest

GreldorEQ
09-13-2019, 09:13 AM
I'd love to see all you nutbags beat the piss out of each other - that sounds like a perfect storm for a CSG nToV resurgence!

kotton05
09-13-2019, 09:22 AM
Guildwar doesn’t work here and blue isnt tuned right so pvp will be stupid because of insta clicks.

Lol at 2019 threads about pvp on blue

Bbeta
09-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Did you really laugh out loud?

Demoraliser
09-13-2019, 12:16 PM
Meet me in EC by A Shady Swashbuckler at 20:00 GMT, unless you're scared.

a_gnome_collector
09-13-2019, 12:23 PM
Guildwar doesn’t work here and blue isnt tuned right so pvp will be stupid because of insta clicks.

Lol at 2019 threads about pvp on blue

Also just a guess, from knowing EQ mechanics. Seems like this would probably need to be toggled with two guilds in the same zone?

/commands rarely seem to have impact cross-zones. Many of them exist in the present zone/chat channel where the person is using them.

My guess is this was for lining two guilds up in EC/WC/Arena and letting them duke it out.

Would pay to see AM vs Riot guild war;)

kotton05
09-13-2019, 08:05 PM
Just get turned red by a gm or priest of discord bro

Canelek
09-13-2019, 10:53 PM
Luckily, there is a server catering to the unfortunate afterthought known as EQ PVP. No mental issues at all there. Very macho.

Worry
09-14-2019, 02:20 PM
Luckily, there is a server catering to the unfortunate afterthought known as EQ PVP. No mental issues at all there. Very macho.

Red is dead.

2 PVP guilds on Blue is better, could also do PVE anytime there isn't PVP.