PDA

View Full Version : What yall making on greeeeeen?

vetia
09-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Title says it all. I'm dying to know.

Sonderbeast
09-11-2019, 07:53 PM
Wizards were pretty powerful in classic so probably a wizard harry

Jimjam
09-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Patchwork armour; tailored bags. Maybe even tailored whips.

vetia
09-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Patchwork armour; tailored bags. Maybe even tailored whips.

Ah didn't think of my Q that way. I am also down for that. I too want to take up tailoring as I never took up an armor making tradeskill before. But I also wanna know class thoughts!

Spacebar
09-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Been waiting on somebody to make a poll cause I'm too lazy to do it. Enchanter for me.

Demoraliser
09-11-2019, 08:12 PM
An Ogre Warrior

Cen
09-11-2019, 08:24 PM
I don't know! Here is my delimma. I play everything, but what I have and what I haven't done and what I want varies.

I played Everquest until Luclin in classic. I was a DE Necro and Woodelf Ranger, and a short beastlord stint.

When I started Blue a few years ago, I went Bard, and made a bunch of stuff but ultimately ended up with a Bard and a Wizard as my highest. I also had a ton of alts but followed one strict rule: I played a Ranger and Necro in classic,so on blue I wouldn't make those.

After a few years now, its become a 180! I feel like I have way more time and experience and I surpassed all my old characters playtimes, so I can come back to Ranger and Necro, and I feel like I might for green.. but I also had this urge to one day make a Dark Elf Shadowknight, and I always wanted one at the tail end of my live play, but when I came to P99 I was turned off of SK because they are in the current day seen as a really weak class. Also, I feel gimpy if I went DE, which is what I would want.

I feel like this is what I want to do with green:

I want a Human Ranger and I really want a guise. DE is a great race, and I like human rangers, but I think I dont have the pull to fight for a Guise given its popularity coming soon.

I want an Iksar Necro. Maybe a DE SK, and maybe some kind of Cleric. Possibly an enchanter.

Its one of those 5 classes, which would be very fresh for me, and fun.. but whats most fun will be most hated by the community as a groupmate ;P which is SK and Ranger.

aaezil
09-11-2019, 08:33 PM
Thinks sk is weak, plays ranger. . .

DromalPhrenia
09-11-2019, 08:46 PM
im forming an all-hybrid permagroup

vetia
09-11-2019, 08:48 PM
I don't know! Here is my delimma. I play everything, but what I have and what I haven't done and what I want varies.

I played Everquest until Luclin in classic. I was a DE Necro and Woodelf Ranger, and a short beastlord stint.

When I started Blue a few years ago, I went Bard, and made a bunch of stuff but ultimately ended up with a Bard and a Wizard as my highest. I also had a ton of alts but followed one strict rule: I played a Ranger and Necro in classic,so on blue I wouldn't make those.

After a few years now, its become a 180! I feel like I have way more time and experience and I surpassed all my old characters playtimes, so I can come back to Ranger and Necro, and I feel like I might for green.. but I also had this urge to one day make a Dark Elf Shadowknight, and I always wanted one at the tail end of my live play, but when I came to P99 I was turned off of SK because they are in the current day seen as a really weak class. Also, I feel gimpy if I went DE, which is what I would want.

I feel like this is what I want to do with green:

I want a Human Ranger and I really want a guise. DE is a great race, and I like human rangers, but I think I dont have the pull to fight for a Guise given its popularity coming soon.

I want an Iksar Necro. Maybe a DE SK, and maybe some kind of Cleric. Possibly an enchanter.

Its one of those 5 classes, which would be very fresh for me, and fun.. but whats most fun will be most hated by the community as a groupmate ;P which is SK and Ranger.

Loving the long think out!! This is what I am craving. I think the hybrid melees are awesome and I am always excited to have them in groups!!! Any tankish player who can stop my paper-like enchanters from dying with some utility spells/abilities is fantastic in my book. If the healer has to heal you more so what.

I also feel like my brain is exploding with possibilities and I have an alt addiction and have played basically everything on live (until PoK or so) but shaman, druid, pally and ranger to the 20s-30s, but I want to finally just make ONE CHARACTER and see them through til the bitter end. I keep entertaining so many ideas but if I am going to commit to the one character then I think it needs to be my fav class: enchanter, which I love for the challenge and the requirement of total immersion, solo-able but also group oriented. But this time with a more challenging race (DE) and commit to going all in..... I have pretty much always started on fay so starting on the main continent will be nice. Other ideas I am entertaining on are eru wizard (ports! quadding!), human or gnome warrior, ranger (but the exp penalty - oof) or bard, or druid (ports!), or DE cleric.... see what I mean about alt addiction.. lol.... but I think I will need to make a deal with myself that those are for AFTER achieving 50 or something.... lord help me.

If you make DE hope to see you out in the dark forest :)

vetia
09-11-2019, 08:49 PM

hahaha love it

Chortles Snort|eS
09-11-2019, 09:16 PM

siGn mE daF uP

slowpoke68
09-11-2019, 09:41 PM
I'm leaning Warrior because I always said if I got a chance to play on a fresh server with no gear and twinks i would play Warrior. With that being said, a wizard or shaman might not be bad either.

One way or another I have not been this excited about the launch of a game since maybe Age of Conan? Hopefully green launch goes better than that lol.

Jibartik
09-11-2019, 10:19 PM
dark elf monk full golden plate armor? I mean.. sounds pretty attractive.

dark elf paladin full orange blazing plate? oh man.

dark elf ranger full green plate? hhhnnnggg

dark elf shaman full silver plate armor??

I cant decide.

Vexenu
09-11-2019, 10:21 PM
I was thinking Monk because that's probably the ultimate hard mode choice on a fresh EQ server. But now I'm also considering a Paladin or Warrior. Maybe even Wizard as a dark horse option. The decision may go all the way down to the character creation screen.

On the plus side, we will probably see fewer Mages and Necros on Green than we would otherwise with the recent pet window change, as that will scare away a lot of people just looking for an easy plat farming character to start out with. So we'll have a more balanced class distribution for sure.

Cen
09-11-2019, 10:26 PM

I cant decide.

You forgot the Dark elf paladin can eventually wear a blue robe and have a flaming sword.

Issar
09-11-2019, 10:58 PM

I'm in. It's like getting bonus quarters in an arcade game.

kabouter
09-12-2019, 12:02 AM
Necro or Enchanter.

I'm in the Australian time zone, getting groups can be difficult, so I want a class that can solo well. Leaning towards the enchanter since I've never played one.

Just hope they aren't going back to the classic UI with the stone texture, then I might pass on green all together.

Jibartik
09-12-2019, 09:20 AM
HARD MODE SERVER :)

The rewards are manastones and guises ;)

Update to my class choice: Was thinking of going Bertoxx Necro. But it seem like its just giving myself weaknesses by choice.

I cant do like 2/3rds of the amazing quests in that area..

I cant use like 2/3rds of the amazing newbie quest items in that area..

BUT the guild hall is soooo cool.

Which is worth nothing.

BUT ITS REAL TO ME DAMMIT

Im thinking gnome necro and really spending some time at the zoo watching the animals and taking it slow on green.

Jibartik
09-12-2019, 09:29 AM
I was definitely going to do druid but then I practiced too much with one on blue and am over it lol

GreldorEQ
09-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Here's the thing about druids - you can explore the classic world in a way no one else can. With ports, heals, invis, root, gate, tracking and sneak (halfling) you can quest, adventure and tradeskill like no other class.

It's a hard thing to ignore: you can fight for a handful of class-appropriate camps in your general area, or you can literally find blues to kill anywhere in the world with a quick port and a fast run.

I love the druid class from 1-max level. What I dislike, is a druid at max level - once you arrive at the point where you are severely limited on end-game solo/group adventures due to the weakness of your spells.

I am currently trying to decide how I will cast my green lot, the druid I know and love, a non-iksar necro (meh), or some other class that produces the solo power I desire. Finding the balance between the freedom to explore and the ability to down targets is the biggest challenge for me.

I don't have the patience to negotiate the terms of engagement on a few select camps, for that reason, I will most likely be a bored lvl 50 druid after a few months : P

Evia
09-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Rogue again most likely. Maybe a necro since it's the only class I haven't played to at least 30.

ineubis
09-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Rogue.

Never played one. They're not an FD class, but have great survivability with hide/sneak etc. Group dependent but groups want them. DPS and CR dragging is the only responsibility.

Jibartik
09-12-2019, 10:05 AM

I cant decide.

Wait I'm an idiot, all of those classes/races in RED plate armor :cool:

Jibartik
09-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Here's the thing about druids - you can explore the classic world in a way no one else can. With ports, heals, invis, root, gate, tracking and sneak (halfling) you can quest, adventure and tradeskill like no other class.

It's a hard thing to ignore: you can fight for a handful of class-appropriate camps in your general area, or you can literally find blues to kill anywhere in the world with a quick port and a fast run.

I love the druid class from 1-max level. What I dislike, is a druid at max level - once you arrive at the point where you are severely limited on end-game solo/group adventures due to the weakness of your spells.

I am currently trying to decide how I will cast my green lot, the druid I know and love, a non-iksar necro (meh), or some other class that produces the solo power I desire. Finding the balance between the freedom to explore and the ability to down targets is the biggest challenge for me.

I don't have the patience to negotiate the terms of engagement on a few select camps, for that reason, I will most likely be a bored lvl 50 druid after a few months : P

Yeah this is 100% accurate IMO

I think the druid is just so great for classic everquest, there is really so much to do in the outdoor zones, and they are really fun places to hang out while everyone is hunting lions and wisps and stuff.

The indoor zones are my favorite part of eq overall, but the outdoor ones in classic are just such an awesome experience that druids happen to be able to excel at partaking in, being able to just hop around to every single one of them.

Not to mention a dark elf druid is an awesome doll to play with and brush its hair and talk to and stuff like a creep.

And they do well in CT and MM it being an outdoor zone, so you can enjoy some good classic spots, not that MM hasnt been overdone like on a level that I hopefully wont be exping there on green lol although I have never farmed a Gem encrusted rod and I will need one if I do a druid so there's that..

Vx36
09-12-2019, 01:39 PM
I really want to roll necro but I don't know how much I want a non iksar necro. Honestly I just want to play iksar anything but I guess I'll settle for something that goes good with my wife's druid.

Prinny24
09-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Human or Troll Shadowknight

Coridan
09-21-2019, 02:50 PM
Dark Elf Shadowknight

GnomeCaptain
09-21-2019, 06:44 PM
I have an Enchanter and SK on Blue.

It can be tough to play my SK because he feels not nearly as strong as my Enchanter.

Both are high responsibility classes, and the constant stress of Charm breaking gets old.

I've been wanting to play Bard, I might do that. Still have the responsibility of CC but without the Charm-pet stress.

That or roll a damage-oriented class.

And if I do that it will probably be a Wizard or Necromancer.
Gnome, of course.

Barring those, a Human Druid.

And any of my non-Necro will worship Quellious or perhaps Karana, like my Enchanter.

fugazi
09-22-2019, 05:16 AM
Everyone will post anything but druid, necro or mage, but we'll know everyone will be rolling a druid, necro or mage come launch.

Master Roshi
09-22-2019, 07:01 AM
iksar beastlord, o wait..

Aaramis
09-22-2019, 08:14 AM
Bard for me I think.

I love melee with utility, as well as the ability to solo as well as be wanted in groups - so Bard it is.
There's just something about running at mach 1 across the Karanas.

Jibartik
09-22-2019, 09:17 AM
A Warrior.

:D

Jimjam
09-22-2019, 10:52 AM
I'm thinking bard, especially now considering aoe looks like it is going to initially be implemented in a highly bugged/nerfed format (max 4 targets).

The biggest question is which deity.

Soothsayer
09-22-2019, 04:15 PM
Gnome warrior. I'll be worshiping Rallos Zek for maximum badassery.