PDA

View Full Version : Green Server UI Restrictions?

dekova
09-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Rogean recently announced that all custom UIs will be disabled on green (along with the pet window). I currently use qqUI which is based off of a Velious UI, I'm assuming I won't be able to do that on green.

With an eye towards prepping for the new server, I started up a new character with the default UI. Looking at it, I'm wondering what restrictions will be in place. Will I be able to use multiple chat windows? Can I modify the xml to display spell names on the buff bar? I suspect that modifying the hotkey window to display inventory items is right out.

Rather than discussing what we would like to see, I'm hoping for some insight into what will most likely be allowed. Does anyone have some insight to share?

soronil
09-11-2019, 09:49 AM
No one knows for sure. Why not just wait? I think you're over doing your prep. Just log in day 1 and play with your UI while you're sitting there wacking decaying skeletons with a club, or anxiously anticipating the meditate skill.

If you try to get everything perfect now you will surely be disappointed when some of your assumptions turn out wrong.

Imo This is not really the way to "relive classic EverQuest"

Jibartik
09-11-2019, 10:04 AM
To move some of these windows around it seems like I gotta like, scale them across my monitor to get them where I want them lol

Bondrake
09-11-2019, 10:07 AM
To move some of these windows around it seems like I gotta like, scale them across my monitor to get them where I want them lol

UGLY

Fammaden
09-11-2019, 10:24 AM
We don't even know if we will get that transparent full screen Velious UI with the adjustable windows at launch, or if they are going to force us into the old stone texture viewport UI from the original days.

If they do revert to the full classic UI the question is how its going to scale with modern resolutions.

Jibartik
09-11-2019, 10:32 AM
https://i.imgur.com/AifPZTn.png

No mana, this classic? haha this game lol

Fammaden
09-11-2019, 10:49 AM
Isn't there a different character window, that looks like the inventory. Char window should show your name and three bars right? I haven't loaded this thing since the old days been exclusively using Duxa here.

Danth
09-11-2019, 12:24 PM

They made it work that way because that's how the Velious UI worked. Movable windows were a kind of new idea and it was not a mature implementation. No direct mana value is also classic. Six hotbuttons 'till Velious opens are specifically mentioned in the recent patch notes.

--------------------------------

It seems likely (though not absolutely certain) we'll be able to use multiple chat windows. At numerous times in the past the server staff has indicated that they're not willing to disable that particular feature because it'd make their own duties too cumbersome. Non-classic item links have been left active all these years for the same reason and I would not be shocked to see them on 'green' too.

------------------------------

Note that the "Velious UI" P99 has isn't actually the Velious UI, just a custom UI designed to resemble the Velious-era interface as much as possible. There are numerous detail differences such as the equipment screen and spellbook, but its a pretty decent re-creation given the need to work on the Titanium client. I don't think the Titanium client allows for a practical implementation of the pre-expansion periscope-window UI; at least in ten years here nobody's made a good one and I've never seen an automatic way of setting the viewport properly either.

Danth

Fammaden
09-11-2019, 01:24 PM
I don't think the Titanium client allows for a practical implementation of the pre-expansion periscope-window UI; at least in ten years here nobody's made a good one and I've never seen an automatic way of setting the viewport properly either.

Good to know.

Chortles Snort|eS
09-11-2019, 01:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/yh71kil.png

zaneosak
09-11-2019, 03:33 PM
This is my main question as well. Although it doesnt necessarily need to be answered since we will all be level 1 and fighting for blues in lvl 1 zones anyways so UI hardly matters right away. I'd almost be beautifully annoyed if we got the original that was posted above my post. Hilarious.

Danth
09-11-2019, 03:39 PM
This is my main question as well. Although it doesnt necessarily need to be answered since we will all be level 1 and fighting for blues in lvl 1 zones anyways so UI hardly matters right away. I'd almost be beautifully annoyed if we got the original that was posted above my post. Hilarious.

People were freaking out about a pet window....imagine if they couldn't see whilst meditating and only had 5 spells per spellbook page. The gobbling might set new records.

Barring better information, and based on the recent patch notes, green will use the "Velious UI" presently included in the patch download. Gives you the option to try it yourself.

Danth

Sillyturtle
09-11-2019, 07:28 PM
We can’t even use a UI? That’s going overboard I love DuxaUi what the hell rogean taking away our UI is just overboard