PDA

View Full Version : Green forum section?

Fifield
08-08-2019, 03:01 PM
we gonna get a green forum section before launch at all?

should probably remove red server and red forums while were at it :fire:

Bondrake
08-08-2019, 03:09 PM
Why would you remove red server and forums?

Jibartik
08-08-2019, 03:13 PM
I dont think our community is big enough to need 3 sections, but I also know our community is petulant enough to demand that the community they are not a part of shutup at all times, so it may be necessary.

Id like it to be split between PVE section of the forms and PVP maybe but those are my worthless copper pieces

But I feel like PVP/PVE.. those are like, the major culture groups in classic EQ elf simmulation.

jolanar
08-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Combine the velious bugs with the normal bug forums at this point while you are at it.

loramin
08-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Combine the velious bugs with the normal bug forums at this point while you are at it.

Yeah this one baffles me too. The staff wants it this way: neither you nor I are the first person to mention it, and even if no one mentioned it I'm sure they're competent enough to see the redundancy for themselves. But they choose to keep them around anyway, and I don't get why.

The only thing I can think of is that our old vBulletin software for the forum will delete all the Velious bugs if they get rid of those forums, and there's still some bugs that haven't been resolved yet, so they can't do so. But if that were the case you'd think they could at least rename them (to something like "Velious Bugs Archive"), add a sticky to the top saying "this is just for historical purposes, don't post here", lock the forum so only admins can post in it, move the forum to the very end of the list, etc.

Nuggie
08-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Kunark beta forums disappeared after a few months. Kind of surprised Velious lasted so long.

@Fifi's topic: even if we don't get -all- separate forums, we could use a general/guild section. Someone mentioned in another thread that 1 RnF is enough for the whole forums. I agree with that.

Dulu
08-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Can we get a Green aka Teams PVP section please?

Swish2
08-08-2019, 09:03 PM
Project 1999 > General Community > Server Chat

It'll be here too, surely?

Indecisive
08-08-2019, 11:50 PM
Can we get a Green aka Teams PVP section please?

Yeah, Red's so fun it has a population in the double digits. Clearly a new PvP server is in order.

Fifield
08-08-2019, 11:52 PM
the deleting red forums was just a joke to red players,

would love to see a section on the forums for green though

Dulu
08-09-2019, 12:45 AM
Yeah, Red's so fun it has a population in the double digits. Clearly a new PvP server is in order.

Red has an awful rule set for many reasons.

#1 - FFA PvP doesn't work
#2 - Level restricted PvP doesn't work
#3 - Resists are out of whack.
#4 - Glitchers/Exploiters run wild
#5 - Low pop, due to above, breeds even lower pop

A team based server with a good ruleset, and some moderation, like I've proposed in other threads, would revitalize this game.

Swish2
08-09-2019, 02:06 AM
Red has an awful rule set for many reasons.

#1 - FFA PvP doesn't work
#2 - Level restricted PvP doesn't work
#3 - Resists are out of whack.
#4 - Glitchers/Exploiters run wild
#5 - Low pop, due to above, breeds even lower pop

A team based server with a good ruleset, and some moderation, like I've proposed in other threads, would revitalize this game.

FFA pvp works fine, and sorry you couldn't kill that guy 20 levels lower - what did he do to you? <3

aaezil
08-09-2019, 03:02 AM
Annoucement image doesnt confirm or deny a new server or anything maybe people are jumping the gun a bit here

Mblake81
08-09-2019, 05:07 AM
Part of the appeal was anyone I talking to on the forums or seen on youtube I could find in game.

...gonna go splitting things up cause MMO tards wanna min/max and get guises. I say never roll them into blue, erase them when the server is at the end.

Don't care about green server, green players, green guilds, green drama.

Bondrake
08-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Whats up with these weirdo neck beards that keep wanting a new PvP server. Clearly the first one is striving with a large player base... Definitely need a second PvP server.

Pogi
08-09-2019, 12:13 PM
Whats up with these weirdo neck beards that keep wanting a new PvP server. Clearly the first one is striving with a large player base... Definitely need a second PvP server.

^^^ This...

Swish2
08-11-2019, 02:28 AM

^^^ This...

https://i.imgur.com/3Ew6kpk.png

jolanar
08-11-2019, 08:57 AM
Team pvp is only worth a damn when it's strictly enforced. Otherwise it just turns into a FFA pvp server where the guy you are trying to kill is getting healed by someone you can't attack.

elwing
08-11-2019, 09:18 AM
You can reuse red forum section, it's free...

Mblake81
08-11-2019, 01:14 PM
hmm (https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/most-unique-mmorpgs.127829/page-2#post-6189159)

Halfcell
08-11-2019, 02:38 PM
I love watching these red trolls derail literally every thread about green with a comment about it being teams. People correcting them, like they didn't already know it wont be, people arguing about what new rules would make it ok. I love the commitment from these red guys, bravo.

Still ain't gonna happen, but cheers to the effort.

Hrothgar
08-11-2019, 08:34 PM
+1 to green only RnF

Swish2
08-11-2019, 09:47 PM
literally every thread

https://i.imgur.com/T33AgVK.gif

Nexii
08-11-2019, 10:14 PM
Most red server players would rather the red forums were wiped. It's full of trolls and unmoderated (so I hear, I don't really read it)

Chortles Snort|eS
08-12-2019, 11:51 AM
me tHink MaNY AngEr iN here!!

go gReEN!

Daldaen
08-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Perhaps the Velious bugs forums are still up because Rogean and Nilbog never actually released Velious.

We are just unknowing participants in a 3 year Velious beta. In October, when green is supposed to launch they will turn off the server and when it comes back up the everyones character will be reset to the last database backup from the end of P99 Kunark. Velious will be then be unlocked with all the correct bug fixes.

This way no one will able to exploit unclassic bugs to get their 2 hour Vilefang spawns or bind in ToV or faction in Wakening Lands for CoV, etc. So many nerds acquired so many pixels due to so many bugs. Those pixels cannot stand for the integrity of the server.

I’m also hoping they release the Trilogy client and ban the use of the Titanium client when they do this. Titanium removes way too much immersion from a server designed around accuracy. It also makes the game so much easier due to how many more options and hotkeys it provides you.

Then the race to wake the real sleeper will begin.

Bardp1999
08-12-2019, 06:34 PM
If we are making more forum sections please consider adding a Role Play forum

Swish2
08-12-2019, 07:24 PM
So many nerds acquired so many pixels due to so many bugs. Those pixels cannot stand for the integrity of the server.

What's amusing about this is Dalpal went off to play on the Deybreak servers and heralds it as something spectacular, when there's more bugs and things that aren't true to the timelines (and the UI) than there ever were here even in the earliest days.

"integrity of the server" though :o

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 03:31 PM
Still waiting

zodium
09-17-2019, 03:35 PM
the manastoner lounge

honeybee12874
09-17-2019, 04:15 PM
Hey, look guys! The thread asking about a Green forum section is now in the Green forum section!

We did it!

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 04:17 PM
Yay tribes!

This always ends well!

:D

loramin
09-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Hey, look guys! The thread asking about a Green forum section is now in the Green forum section!

We did it!

Thank you forum moderators! Y'all get even less love than the in-game GMs, but we forum addicts still very much appreciate you volunteering to help!

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 04:58 PM
One more section for me to check after having already checked it and all the other sections of the forums 9 times in the last 1 minuet?

CHECK! :D

Hurray for more posts about EQ!

zodium
09-18-2019, 03:22 AM
the manastoner lounge

disappointed we didn't go with this name

Vx36
09-19-2019, 01:39 PM
One more section for me to check after having already checked it and all the other sections of the forums 9 times in the last 1 minute.Truth