PDA

View Full Version : Raid loots, how GMs distribute it

Salty
02-20-2010, 07:40 PM
After passing out the warnings for forum attacks on the staff as is implicitly warned about in the server and forum rules; I'm closing the large amount of garbage that has managed to accumulate from both sandy-vagina'd parties.

Both of said parties have come to an agreement for the future. And it better stand.

I got carried away trolling Secrets, my bad brew. But ANYWAY~

Since Aeolwind locked the other thread and the community has absolutely no idea how raid bosses are handled, lets have this discussion right now.

Both parties come to agreement in the future over a boss target? What happens if they don't?

We need these questions answered and not expect weird things to happen after every single boss spawn/death, which has most certainly been the case.

Trans got free loot for basically showing up in Fear. This is a problem. Fighting over raid targets and the drama that surrounds it is part of the Everquest experience.

Lets be adults and not leave it up to a case by case basis. We need a blanket rule that we all can follow while COMPETING with each other. There NEEDS to be competition and the rule needs to allow for that to take place.

IB had the force inside Fear. They had more than 15 and were clearing the zone. Boss should be theirs, should it not be?

Trans got free loot for showing up after the fact.

This is why we are confused and stifling the discussion on the forums by locking a pretty damn epic thread just makes me sad panda. Threads like that is what drives forum traffic, it's what the people crave.

http://www.gamerdna.com/gallery/data/500/sad_panda_2.jpg

Kaleadar
02-20-2010, 07:58 PM
http://www.foszor.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/borat-thumbs-up.jpg

Brad_mo123
02-20-2010, 07:59 PM
I say we play a game. Lets see how many posts about the bs that happened can be locked, ressurect the post here, GOGO!

anthony210
02-20-2010, 08:05 PM
The GMs are getting way too involved in raiding on this server. The rule they put down says anyone with a raid force of more than 15 has rights to the raid encounter.

Is this really hard to understand? Do we really require GM involvement in every dispute?

Why can the GM staff just say sorry I am not getting involved unless someone specifically KSed a mob or trained your raid, and even then keep the involvement minimal. Do not give out free loot, just warn or suspend the players that trained.

GMs on this server are straying VERY far away from how GMs acted on live. Which is good and bad. Bad in the case of raiding...

Secrets
02-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Personally, I believe no GM intervention at all would be the best option, but i'm not living in a perfect world here.

My theory is: If people don't want to cooperate, let them not cooperate and cause drama within themselves, instead of bringing it to the administration and having them take the blame for childish behavior.

Yam
02-20-2010, 08:08 PM
If this were like Rallos Zek.....

Brad_mo123
02-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Personally, I believe no GM intervention at all would be the best option, but i'm not living in a perfect world here.

My theory is: If people don't want to cooperate, let them not cooperate and cause drama within themselves, instead of bringing it to the administration and having them take the blame for childish behavior.

Wow! Secrets, <3. Are you single? Seriously think im in love now. lol :)

Origin
02-20-2010, 08:23 PM
You people are in the process of destroying a server that had A+ potential. Please set some rules and settle this bullshit down so we can actually enjoy Kunark when it comes out.

Goobles
02-20-2010, 08:37 PM
You people are in the process of destroying a server that had A+ potential. Please set some rules and settle this bullshit down so we can actually enjoy Kunark when it comes out.

Vouch.

Rogean
02-20-2010, 08:48 PM
You are misinformed.

nilbog
02-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Why did you post this under Server chat, when's its obviously a rants and flames candidate? Moving this for you.

Why does the title read GMs distribute loots? Does this mean that you had a GM summoning items and handing them out? Where's the petition about this.. ? I don't think it occurred. The title line is in error and if so, you are making the staff look bad for no reason.

I wasn't involved in this particular incident, but if you post assuming everyone that reads them intimately know the details, it's not true. Seems like more of an attempt to bitch than get your questions answered.

the community has absolutely no idea how raid bosses are handled,http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2670 until you hear something different.

Both parties come to agreement in the future over a boss target? What happens if they don't?
Are you part of either party? Were you involved in this? I ENCOURAGE parties to work things out themselves. Please do.

IB had the force inside Fear. They had more than 15 and were clearing the zone. Boss should be theirs, should it not be?Sounds like a question for a petition, if you are directly asking the GMs. I don't look to Server Chat to answer questions by the players.

Trans got free loot for showing up after the fact.This is one of those examples. Are you saying that a GM summoned loot and gave it to people? Please provide some type of evidence for such a hard accusation, and place it in my inbox. Otherwise, I consider this flaming my staff.

Threads like that is what drives forum traffic, it's what the people crave.

Hm. Not everyone. I don't crave it whatsoever. I get messages from people that don't appreciate it. So, if you want to complain about the staff, complain to me personally.