Kayso2
05-03-2019, 12:57 AM
100%

Vianna
05-03-2019, 01:19 AM
Pity reply

rezzie
05-03-2019, 01:20 AM
Too many spectators on our AoW kill tonight so we'll be unable to enter everyone's responder DKP sadly. Our system is optimised for low number kills.

Wonkie
05-03-2019, 01:34 AM
Too many spectators on our AoW kill tonight so we'll be unable to enter everyone's responder DKP sadly. Our system is optimised for low number kills.

AM so bad they don't even get participation trophies anymore

solleks
05-03-2019, 07:24 AM
Same with FQ post counts

DromalPhrenia
05-03-2019, 08:56 AM
AM so bad they don't even get participation trophies anymore

just imagine how bad everyone else is :eek: :(

kotton05
05-03-2019, 10:48 AM
DKP is basically credits you get from attending. What you get from spending DKP is the participation trophy ya moran.

indiscriminate_hater
05-03-2019, 10:55 AM
so what's the actual trophy?

Bardp1999
05-03-2019, 11:03 AM
“Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams,” has been an aphorism used by those who believe that the events on 9/11 were a false flag operation. It is also used pejoratively by those who believe that several steel-framed buildings fell in on themselves in Manhattan that day, due primarily to intense heat from fires, defying all historical precedence for structures of that magnitude and level of engineering.

It can be difficult to take a firm stance on either side of the argument when talking about an event that was so tragic and insidious. But no matter where one stands in their perspective of Sept. 11, 2001, it helps to keep an open mind and always question the narrative that we are fed, which is so often controlled by an underlying agenda.

Wonkie
05-03-2019, 12:08 PM
DKP is basically credits you get from attending. What you get from spending DKP is the participation trophy ya moran.

cant believe we're handing out bis just for showing up smh millenials

Bardp1999
05-03-2019, 12:51 PM
cant believe we're handing out bis just for showing up smh millenials

I will always be better geared than you

Jimjam
05-03-2019, 01:25 PM
so what's the actual trophy?

To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their denied pixels!

Illsiff
05-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Having been in PS for loot council and DKP. I couldn't agree more. PS used to be so sharing.

DinoTriz2
05-03-2019, 04:53 PM
I don't earn DKP because I'm entitled to it.

I voted for Obama. I paid my dues as an apologetic white cis male.

The future is female because I'm a good person.

Danth
05-03-2019, 05:53 PM
DKP isn't a participation trophy. It's something far worse, for a game: It's a damned wage. Anyone who joins a guild that uses such a system has turned his game into a really crappy job that pays company scrip. Yuck. At the very least you guys ought to form a union and gain yourselves some rights, like a universal DKP currency that transfers from one guild to the next. You guys settle for residing in what amounts to gilded age-style company towns. Yuck.

Danth

Wonkie
05-03-2019, 09:11 PM
DKP isn't a participation trophy. It's something far worse, for a game: It's a damned wage. Anyone who joins a guild that uses such a system has turned his game into a really crappy job that pays company scrip. Yuck. At the very least you guys ought to form a union and gain yourselves some rights, like a universal DKP currency that transfers from one guild to the next. You guys settle for residing in what amounts to gilded age-style company towns. Yuck.

Danth

this guy is way smarter than me

good post :)

DMN
05-03-2019, 09:16 PM
DKP isn't a participation trophy. It's something far worse, for a game: It's a damned wage.
Danth

What's wrong with earning a wage?

DromalPhrenia
05-03-2019, 09:20 PM
DKP is like getting paid for something you already enjoy doing

loramin
05-03-2019, 09:25 PM

Danth

I see DKP as channeling selfishness for the greater good. It's organizational sure, but not corporate.

Consider an obvious example: a Shaman has no reason to go to Plane of Sky once they get their FD ring. But other classes want haste belts and such, and they want Shaman to help.

Without DKP they wouldn't, but by having DKP the Shaman's selfish desires can lead to him helping his guildmates get Sky loot. Nifty.

The real question of "is it a participation trophy" is simple: did you do more than just participate to get it?

Cecily
05-03-2019, 09:45 PM
I see DKP as channeling selfishness for the greater good. It's organizational sure, but not corporate.

Consider an obvious example: a Shaman has no reason to go to Plane of Sky once they get their FD ring. But other classes want haste belts and such, and they want Shaman to help.

Without DKP they wouldn't, but by having DKP the Shaman's selfish desires can lead to him helping his guildmates get Sky loot. Nifty.

The real question of "is it a participation trophy" is simple: did you do more than just participate to get it?

TMO had a neat merit / DKP hybrid. DKP was literally participation trophies 1:1 and not spent. Before the FE merger ruined the loot council, I'm pretty sure it was a mostly objective system with some subjective wiggle room. Got something recently? Screw off loot whore. Haven't gotten something recently but a guy with >300 raids has objectively "earned" it more. It created a pretty good hierarchy based off both seniority and participation. Try hards could climb the ranks pretty quick, but old heads had an advantage just because they've been around longer.

tl;dr: DKP and merit both suck. Anyone who plays this game for virtual dollars or lets other people subjectively decide when they are worthy of an upgrade isn't lifeing to their full potential. Chat rooms are very 1990s. You should stop playing this one.

DromalPhrenia
05-04-2019, 12:08 AM
didnt you quit

Wonkie
05-04-2019, 12:12 AM

that's a trick question!