PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying the rooted Dragons after a month?

Oleris
05-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Yes/No?

What would you like changed if you voted no.

Oleris
05-01-2019, 10:21 PM
My personal Opinion: I like the changes as I feel like I'm actually playing the game and utilizing my gear instead of trying to secondary a dragon. I feel that the difficulty for some dragons are overtuned and could use some changes.

There seems to be very little competition when the windows are during week day mornings or week day nights because not everyone can crawl for an hour or two. If the dragons were spawning during the weekend, I believe more of the server would be attempting them.

Oleris
05-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Balance Changes I'd suggest

1) Change the leash mechanics slightly with guards. It should be easier to pull out a guard before an engage instead of relying on elder bead spam.

2)More Quakes would allow multiple guilds to crawl. It sucks spending two hours to crawl to a dragon only to watch the other guild follow you to that dragon and kill it in front of your eyes.

3) Resist changes (next patch in timeline) to make spell casters better DPS to help burn down guards.

4) Changes to vyemm/eashen. Eashen is hard when multiple guards are contesting with the guards and mini drakes. Vyemm might need to be slightly changed.

5) Perhaps allow some dragons to be pulled out a bit for better positioning (not far)

What do you guys think?

DromalPhrenia
05-01-2019, 11:19 PM
The good: I can participate more, game does not consist of waiting for pull teams to do their thing, my guild is fun and I get to spend more time raiding with them.

The bad: Windows suck, I can't crawl at work the way I could login to kill at-entrance dragons at work without endangering my guild. My RA and DKP suffer.

aaezil
05-01-2019, 11:21 PM
Tldr:

Everquest is too hard

Kayso2
05-01-2019, 11:53 PM
I like the changes as I feel like I'm actually playing the game and utilizing my gear instead of trying to secondary a dragon

The good: I can participate more, game does not consist of waiting for pull teams to do their thing

I'll also add that it makes EQs more fun. Plenty of mobs for everyone to spread out.

I think tuning ToV dragons is a bit premature, but I would like to see more weekend prime time earthquakes as well as changes to KT, Statue/AoW, and Dain that make them take as long as a rooted ToV dragons.

Daloon
05-01-2019, 11:53 PM
I love it :)

Wonkie
05-01-2019, 11:57 PM
it's gonna be funny when AM tires of clearing trash and Kittens replaces them as server bully

tick tock

rezzie
05-02-2019, 12:27 AM
it's gonna be funny when AM tires of clearing trash and Kittens replaces them as server bully

Flurry loot going for more DKP than NToV dragon loot. We've been doing it wrong all this time.

m00r5tuD
05-02-2019, 01:51 AM
i hate it but i'm too addicted to quit it sucks

Brocode
05-02-2019, 06:19 AM
Make it harder the longer it stays up :cool: and remove or lower variance

Zal22
05-02-2019, 07:10 AM
There seems to be very little competition when the windows are during week day mornings or week day nights because not everyone can crawl for an hour or two. If the dragons were spawning during the weekend, I believe more of the server would be attempting them.

This is pathetic. Take a break! How deep does this addiction run?

Molitoth
05-02-2019, 07:56 AM

People who get off on "competition" need to leave Aftermath's automatic loot conveyor and come join an underdog guild.

The wins are much more enjoyable, the losses hurt a lot less.

Jonabis
05-02-2019, 08:35 AM
Wanting competition translates to, needing opposing entities to deny pixels. They dont wasn't less wins and more struggle. They want more people to take lunch money from and laugh at. This is the type of culture you must embrace to be a top dog on p99.

Molitoth
05-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Wanting competition translates to: needing opposing entities to deny pixels. They want more people to take lunch money from and laugh at. This is the type of culture you must embrace to be a top dog on p99.

Haha, yup.

Oleris
05-02-2019, 12:07 PM
No one else has any suggestions for changes?

aaezil
05-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Rooted dragons are nice but competition is still basically herp derp we threw 100 warm bodies at a dragon at 3 am while normal human beings are asleep

Ripqozko
05-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Rooted dragons are nice but competition is still basically herp derp we threw 100 warm bodies at a dragon at 3 am while normal human beings are asleep

Not sure why anyone thought rooted dragons would stop people from raiding at 3am, rooted dragons probably made it worse for other guilds.

Heebs13
05-02-2019, 12:26 PM
rooted dragons probably made it worse for other guilds.

On the one hand, more time investment so it's harder for smaller guilds to get an off-hours dragon. On the other hand, we've seen Vulak, Vyemm, and even Dozekar go to non-AM guilds more in the last month than in the 3 months before it.

No system is going to be perfect, but based on current results vs old results, the current system seems to be better. Even if the share of mobs going to the top guild remained completely unchanged, at least clearing to dragons and fighting them in their lair is less fucking boring than waiting for them to be delivered to the zoneline on a silver plate.

Ripqozko
05-02-2019, 12:33 PM
On the one hand, more time investment so it's harder for smaller guilds to get an off-hours dragon. On the other hand, we've seen Vulak, Vyemm, and even Dozekar go to non-AM guilds more in the last month than in the 3 months before it.

No system is going to be perfect, but based on current results vs old results, the current system seems to be better. Even if the share of mobs going to the top guild remained completely unchanged, at least clearing to dragons and fighting them in their lair is less fucking boring than waiting for them to be delivered to the zoneline on a silver plate.

That’s true I’m not against rooted for the record I like, they may get a odd doze/vyemm/vulak but they are losing the meat of tov where they use to compete.

pogs4ever
05-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Remove pet tracking.

Heebs13
05-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Balance Changes I'd suggest

1) Change the leash mechanics slightly with guards. It should be easier to pull out a guard before an engage instead of relying on elder bead spam.

2)More Quakes would allow multiple guilds to crawl. It sucks spending two hours to crawl to a dragon only to watch the other guild follow you to that dragon and kill it in front of your eyes.

3) Resist changes (next patch in timeline) to make spell casters better DPS to help burn down guards.

4) Changes to vyemm/eashen. Eashen is hard when multiple guards are contesting with the guards and mini drakes. Vyemm might need to be slightly changed.

5) Perhaps allow some dragons to be pulled out a bit for better positioning (not far)

What do you guys think?

1) Agreed. Content shouldn't be gated behind "do you have a 300k item that no longer drops?"

2) Agreed. Quakes are way more fun than repops.

3) This will help, but currently wizards can help burn down adds with their lures and your other classes with nukes still have other ways to help with an add - druids and shamans have their heals, necros and mages their pet dps, I guess enchanters get boned because mezzes aren't much of a thing in ToV? I dunno. Someone who plays one of these classes will have to speak up about how they feel on adds, cause both of the characters I play are very well suited for adds so I can't speak on this as well as someone else might.

4) Vyemm is brutal, that's for sure. It seems off. Doesn't he hit harder than he did on live? Maybe that should be changed if so. It seems like the encounter is designed for NOT CH chain but then his melee is so hard you need a CH chain. This means your only option is to put the clerics somewhere out of LoS which I don't think the developers intended clerics to be getting CotHed to a protruding rock halfway up a wall.

As for Eashen, one of the hardest things about it seems to be location. If you aren't the guild who gets the Aary steps pull spot, you're stuck trying to pull to a very dangerous spot unless you take the time to split and clear wyverns first, which probably would take too long.

5) I actually disagree here. I think with other changes we can still have the thrill of fighting the dragons in their lair.

Heebs13
05-02-2019, 12:41 PM
Remove pet tracking.

Yeah I agree with this. CT amnounces to the entire zone when he spawns. I don't see why other bosses couldn't do that too. Pet tracking is stupid.

Erati
05-02-2019, 12:59 PM
they are losing the meat of tov

You can keep your Koi Sea Dragon Meat, casuals will feast on Fay 😎

Linksfather
05-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Thank God for weekDAY raiding again.

branamil
05-02-2019, 01:15 PM
If you were new to this server you would think it's psychotic. So you CAN coth but CAN'T pull dragons in Temple of Veeshan, but you CAN'T coth and CAN pull dragons to the zoneline in Veeshan's Peak? okay.flv

Oleris
05-02-2019, 01:19 PM
If you were new to this server you would think it's psychotic. So you CAN coth but CAN'T pull dragons in Temple of Veeshan, but you CAN'T coth and CAN pull dragons to the zoneline in Veeshan's Peak? okay.flv

If we had to crawl in VP, torpor would be 10k.

DromalPhrenia
05-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Don't (some) dragons ROAM in VP? Forcing people to crawl would be cruel as hell. I'm surprised Verant didn't do the same thing in ToV

Erati
05-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Don't (some) dragons ROAM in VP? Forcing people to crawl would be cruel as hell. I'm surprised Verant didn't do the same thing in ToV

Except thats how you did VP on Live...you kill SW Hosh then crawl up...

Teppler
05-02-2019, 02:47 PM
These changes in TOV are exactly what I was waiting for to get involved in the raid scene. I'm having a lot of fun.

I'm not sure any changes will be necessary. The game just changed. Allow time for guilds to adjust. I suspect after a while that core/ps will get big enough and possibly given enough time, another group will band together and challenge on targets.

Not_Mikeo
05-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Yeah I agree with this. CT amnounces to the entire zone when he spawns. I don't see why other bosses couldn't do that too. Pet tracking is stupid.

Sevalak Shout, "Whomp Whomp!"

Champion_Standing
05-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Save it for next winter kid.

FatBalloon
05-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Concessions:

1) Concessions should last 24 hours from the time the mob spawns.
2) Concessions made during an attempt/fail should last 24 hours from the concession time.
3) Multiple concessions should stack. 2x Concession = 48 hours on single spawn or 1 death + 24 hours on second spawn or 2 spawns.

Not_Mikeo
05-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Concessions:

1) Concessions should last 24 hours from the time the mob spawns.
2) Concessions made during an attempt/fail should last 24 hours from the concession time.
3) Multiple concessions should stack. 2x Concession = 48 hours on single spawn or 1 death + 24 hours on second spawn or 2 spawns.

Should probably look up the definition of the word concession. Then next time follow the rules and you won't have to concede.

I'm sorry that AM feels like the server owes them an instant vyemm kill on a mob that AM broke the rules for and had to concede so that AM can park up at vulak and kill it. It must truly be painful based on all of the 'discussion' on the topic.

FatBalloon
05-03-2019, 05:32 PM
Should probably look up the definition of the word concession. Then next time follow the rules and you won't have to concede.

I'm sorry that AM feels like the server owes them an instant Vyemm kill on a mob that AM broke the rules for and had to concede so that AM can park up at vulak and kill it. It must truly be painful based on all of the 'discussion' on the topic.

Looked up the definition of concede. Having a hard time seeing anything in the definition that contradicts my request. Specifically, I'm not seeing anything about permanency as a requirement for a "concession".

We killed Vyemm like two weeks ago while the rest of the server sat up at Vulak waiting for us to do it. That's the funny thing about this server, so many people get upset at AM for doing stuff they do too. Yet, we're the ones that finished the job. We COTH'd up to Vulak right before their Vyemm attempt and all of the other guilds just quit.

The best part of all this is that the guild who demanded the Vyemm concession is refusing to kill the mob they asked for concession on. (It wasn't any of the guilds who are currently attempting).

So many people hate on us, but the reality of the situation is that we're far less petty and ridiculous than most. But I'm guessing you'll just keep on hating......

aaezil
05-03-2019, 07:01 PM
Haha aftermath stops getting the free loot conveyor belt and theres instantly whining and pleads for rule changes.

Definitely not in a petty guild there bud!

rezzie
05-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Haha aftermath stops getting the free loot conveyor belt and theres instantly whining and pleads for rule changes.

Yikes. Loot has dried up. (http://aftermath99.org/eqdkp/index.php/Items/?)

Happy with the current rule set. Since dragons were rooted AM is getting a higher proportion of mobs than before.

Where are all the people that were begging for the dragons to be rooted? Isn't this what people wanted?

aaezil
05-03-2019, 07:07 PM
So you get the majority of mobs and still on here whining about dragons? Def not in a petty guild, thats for sure.

rezzie
05-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Where did I whine about dragons? I'm enjoying the rooted dragons.

branamil
05-03-2019, 07:08 PM
It's a good change cause we get flurry loot now which is actually better than the junk that all of West drops and half of north

tylercanuck
05-03-2019, 07:10 PM
So you get the majority of mobs and still on here whining about dragons? Def not in a petty guild, thats for sure.

Good grief. Your trolling is uninspiring.

DromalPhrenia
05-03-2019, 07:13 PM
i like the new system, i liked the old system, everquest is good

nietsmmar
05-08-2019, 04:53 PM
i like the new system, i liked the old system, everquest is good

Muggens
05-08-2019, 05:23 PM
dont like it as it all takes too long of a time now :p

Hibbs
05-10-2019, 11:53 PM
Seen more content in NToV then I ever though I would. Plus have a Lord Vyemm kill under my belt which is pretty sweet. Praise the rooting of 2019!

Kesselring
05-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Seen more content in NToV then I ever though I would. Plus have a Lord Vyemm kill under my belt which is pretty sweet. Praise the rooting of 2019!

Hardest dragon in ToV as well. Huge accomplishment gratz! (no not being sarcastic here)

Oleris
05-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Well, crawling is definitely better on a quake. That was fun last night besides getting trained 4 times.

rezzie
05-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Successfully went from max ally to max KoS with CoV in a single crawl.

Baylan295
05-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Successfully went from max ally to max KoS with CoV in a single crawl.

This is why I end up playing my shitbag inherited cleric instead of Baylan.

feniin
05-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Well, crawling is definitely better on a quake. That was fun last night besides getting trained 4 times.

I think the ping-ponging AG Flurry Drake was the best part.

CodyF86
05-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Aye we ended up killing it for them so we could engage Loi immiedetely, we didn't want it coming back on us mid-fight. Unless there was more than one ping ponging flurry lol.

CodyF86
05-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Koi*

CodyF86
05-12-2019, 03:54 PM
And since we basically had aggro on it because they kept running it right over us with it aeing.

kaizersoze
05-12-2019, 08:17 PM
dont like it as it all takes too long of a time now :p

heaven forbid a raid feels epic and gratifying as you slaughter swathes of enemies rathan than masturbating while you stare at a wall and a small pull group does all the work.