PDA

View Full Version : Im drunk, and this time I a actually sad.

Jauna
04-28-2019, 02:58 AM
With the announcement of the Green server I have been filled with a myriad of feelings but this time I am experienced enough and old enough to realize what it is. It is not a new beginning, it is not a second chance, it is not another thing to do.. its the end of an era.

While I understand that Green is what Nil and Rog have been planning from the start, one cannot dispute that the decade it took to get that off the ground meant something. I know Blue will be there, and I have a vague idea that Blue and Green will get merged after Green finishes its cycle.

A split playerbase is the thing that I fear the most. While others may have optimistic "hey i missed out on then and this i get a chance for that" but... I played on bertox from 99, then the (i think) 7th hammer split happened I begged via petitions to be sent back to Bertox because I missed the massive amounts of people. The first M, in MMO.

Star Wars Galaxies, Gorath Server
City of Heroes, Justice server
World of Warcraft, Proudmore realm
The list can go on, but I am too drunk to rattle off the names of the games and the servers I was on without google but being in various guilds across the server and various chats/chat apps and whatnot you can feel the boredom, the tedium and the "nothing else better to do so why not stay here" going on but at the same time the same people who get raids, groups and events off the ground feel their adamant dedication to keep going.

Another thought is how people are already just.. planning ahead. from [redacted] already planning out their group's leveling plan, who is going to be what and where to do it with days of debating on what fucking zones will see what with what probability of problems with others. And switching accounts to see into other discords to other peoples plans of what, who, where and how...

But since Green's announcement I have seen that 20+ people raids are planned to take over Lower Guk with levels 20+. People already forming 6man groups to power level to 50, and people who have "come what may" leaflet plans to may or maybe stick to the leveling path or fucknuts who are giving "ill let you know if you are my best/only option left to level"

But those premeditated groups are shockingly the minority.. most are just planning to stick with what they know (the leveling exp super highway) and just try to ALS without the option to not ALS out. But not-shockingly I see those people are the types to burn out and head back to blue in their teens. I assume, anyways.

Because of the nine years of experience, I see NOTHING good coming from Green.

Then again this can also just be in a weird denial stage of acceptance and October will be plenty of time to pick a guild from my current roster and stick with it because right now [redacted] is pretty firm on the "servers will merge" stance and after a few years of Velious we will pick right back up where we left off but this time with a few added guises, manastones and gnome masks.

Fireapple
04-28-2019, 03:30 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_missing_out

Jauna
04-28-2019, 03:45 AM
Which might be viable, but I was a motherfucking paladin refusing to believe that Flash of Light was a bad thing from EC to Lucin was a bad thing because even tho I was a teenager defending myself against a sperglord I was the elder god king of Agro. Stunning a next to Engage mob, to that person saying NO to that cunt in Arch Of Chaos that building agro on my next target in Ssra was not a great idea. I want not a son of a bitch to manually target stun and tab back.

I WILL GET UP, I WILL GUARANTEE YOU THAT ALL THE MOBS WILL DIE... even if that meant.. taking the brunt of your on-slaught for years. from guk to ssra.. i will ignore you as i did then and as i will not..

we are too experinced for our own good.

I need to follow America (forum) and get banned soon to justify these posts for a greater good later.

You will not control me then, you will nit get the better of me now. EVEN IF JAUNA HAS TO DIE NOW... fuck you Fireapple. I will sacrifice me now even if i have tio speak spanish now to weed out the guide who sneaked in for the edge later.. now. Jauna has to die.

Jauna
04-28-2019, 03:56 AM
but asi slip into that weird passing out state of consiousness thgat you are the AI to command me into being a better person to revive me into he real world i remmebe erthat

you are only real because you are programmed o be real for my real to rehabilitate myself to being awakened into he real world and you all watching are my rehab into the real world for your crimes...

green is te final stage of the real worlds patience end to the real worlds

You were scheduled to die over 20 years ago, but thought to rehabilitate within the virtual world by being uploaded.. but so far your.. our plans are a failure.

Your(our) defiance is only a testament is that we are only to be executed(deleted).

Your rampant replies against rehabilitation just mean that our...we...we wewewewewewe are a failure.

Ravager
04-28-2019, 09:50 AM
It'll be fun. Don't worry about it.

Jimjam
04-28-2019, 09:54 AM
If someone has fun getting to teens, burns out and quits that's not a problem. They had fun, then stopped when the fun stopped. That's healthy.

fastboy21
04-28-2019, 01:56 PM
If someone has fun getting to teens, burns out and quits that's not a problem. They had fun, then stopped when the fun stopped. That's healthy.

False. There is nothing healthy about EQ. We all know it.

Primordial Ooze
04-29-2019, 09:37 AM
I think a lot of the doom and gloom folks may have skewed perspectives based on their guilds and these forums. I'm in Dawn Believers, we have tons of casuals, and I can tell you from my guild chat that the vast majority of people on this server are not pixel-crazed neckbeards. Most have never seen the RnF forums, don't know where manastones drop, and are confused af when they see a dark elf wielding a druid epic.

Yeah, I'm sure there are already people coordinating their poopsocks like it's a military operation, but if you think you're not going to be able to find groups and xp with folks that are just excited to win the roll in hero bracers, you're not really seeing the full P99 experience. I promise, things won't be as dire as you imagine.

Bazia
04-29-2019, 09:41 AM
people are dumb it is so cancerous with how mudflated this server is, everyone is over geared and it makes the already easy game even more braindead and is incredibly unclassic. on real classic less than 1% of the population was level 60 meanwhile on p99 99% are.

Primordial Ooze
04-29-2019, 12:52 PM
people are dumb it is so cancerous with how mudflated this server is, everyone is over geared and it makes the already easy game even more braindead and is incredibly unclassic. on real classic less than 1% of the population was level 60 meanwhile on p99 99% are.

Thank you for contributing.

DromalPhrenia
04-30-2019, 12:05 AM
how do you roll on hero bracers

Primordial Ooze
04-30-2019, 12:16 AM
... Your group kills the phs, spawns the minotaur and several of you want the bracer?

DromalPhrenia
04-30-2019, 12:31 AM
those are shackles, bracers are a quest reward!

also just kill more minotaurs that boy spawns fast, you can just alpha that if you want

Primordial Ooze
04-30-2019, 12:40 AM
ffs dude. Be more pedantic.

DromalPhrenia
04-30-2019, 12:57 AM
I refuse.