PDA

View Full Version : Official Green Server Thread - October 2019

Evia
04-26-2019, 05:58 AM
With the official announcement of a new p99 experience coming October 2019 we should have a place to discuss it!

What will happen to blue/red?
What class/race will you play this time around?

Been awaiting this announcement for years and I cannot contain my excitement!

DinoTriz2
04-26-2019, 06:01 AM
They didn't say "Green" though.

Fammaden
04-26-2019, 06:30 AM
So the official expansion release timeline for vanilla up to Luclin launch is just under three years. (Launch 3/16/99, Kunark 4/24/00, Velious 12/5/00, Luclin 12/4/01.)

Why merge? After the full timeline just leave green running and launch a second green. There's a lot of concerns about selling green loot rights with blue currency, if we knew that green will not merge into blue this might be lessened since the future value of blue plat would be in question.

After the second three year cycle you can decide what to do (merge second green into first green and start green2 over?). If this means the people sitting on millions of plat on blue are increasingly marginalized and the place becomes a ghost town, so be it. If population is low on green and many people prefer to stay on blue, then maybe merging into blue makes more sense for starting green over and over.

Its hard to know what effect on populations this will have, so I'm not sure its imperative that there needs to be an ultimate plan for the fate of green toons immediately on launch. Some people would shriek about this uncertainty, but overall anyone inclined to play green will do it regardless of any plan for the green server once July of 2021 rolls around.

JickFromTholuxe
04-26-2019, 06:31 AM
a new p99 experience coming October 2019

I'm out of the loop. Where was that mentioned by a P99 dev/GM?

I've heard rumors of a "green" server, but thought it was all wishful thinking.

Fammaden
04-26-2019, 06:39 AM
Check announcements, its confirmed. (There's going to be about 100 posts like this today of people who didn't check that before posting.)

LHK
04-26-2019, 07:06 AM
I think I will make that troll shaman i have been wanting to make for the better part of 4 years once green comes out : ) Very excited! Only 6 months to get all my affairs in order so I can disappear for a few months of crazy grindin' :P

azeth
04-26-2019, 07:27 AM
I'm out of the loop. Where was that mentioned by a P99 dev/GM?

I've heard rumors of a "green" server, but thought it was all wishful thinking.

The home page

maskedmelon
04-26-2019, 08:02 AM
I'm just happy to see everyone adopted the language I coined and it's carried through to launch.

good thread.

Pilgrimzero
04-26-2019, 08:08 AM
Do I continue the tradition of making a Dark Elf as my main or do I be different with a Dwarf Fighter or Cleric? Hmm fresh start.

Flank
04-26-2019, 08:26 AM
*Wipes dust from armor*

Haven't played in probably a year or so, what is this new server? How will it differ from Blue?

Not sure what it is, but looking forward to it!

Champion_Standing
04-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Why do you get to make the official thread?

Indecisive
04-26-2019, 08:51 AM
*Wipes dust from armor*

Haven't played in probably a year or so, what is this new server? How will it differ from Blue?

Not sure what it is, but looking forward to it!

Probably a pipe dream, but hoping it starts without the hybrid exp penalty.

Fammaden
04-26-2019, 08:55 AM
I'm fully assuming hybrid penalty will be in place.

azeth
04-26-2019, 09:04 AM
meta strat -

roll a halfling cleric

eqgmrdbz
04-26-2019, 09:18 AM
Haven't played is so long and I happen to catch this message, would love to start fresh on a new server, fresh EQ is always best EQ.

Erati
04-26-2019, 09:30 AM
Wheres Loramin? :(

Jimjam
04-26-2019, 09:41 AM
Wheres Loramin? :(

Drawing up rotation agreement plans.

Rygar
04-26-2019, 09:44 AM
On live, when they needed to reset Test server or did character transfer, they stripped everyone of their items / currency and you transferred or reset naked.

Casters kept spells in their spell book, so interestingly enough this allowed mages to transfer with their epic. Even when players questioned if the epic should be removed from book they said it would remain due to it being such a hard quest.

I think they should do the same for Green Server.

Clazxiss
04-26-2019, 09:57 AM
For the green server, I recommend Tallon or Vallon Zek PvP rules for the first six months to a year! If we get that Good vs. Evil PvP spirit going, I guarantee the amount of loot right selling and shenanigans will be lowered substantially.

Meiva
04-26-2019, 10:10 AM
On live, when they needed to reset Test server or did character transfer, they stripped everyone of their items / currency and you transferred or reset naked.

Casters kept spells in their spell book, so interestingly enough this allowed mages to transfer with their epic. Even when players questioned if the epic should be removed from book they said it would remain due to it being such a hard quest.

No. Just no. No man. No. Why? No.

*vomits*

Clazxiss
04-26-2019, 10:14 AM

I remember when the test server was wiped. To this day it boggles me that people called that place a home to play on. Before you logged in, I remember the warning I had to read that anything on that server can drastically without notice. The last wipe of characters I remember had people pleading with the guides not to do it.

They knew what they were getting into and still leveled up and called that place home.

PieOats
04-26-2019, 10:14 AM
*pats Meiva on ththe back*

it'll be alright, lad. don't you worry.

*winks and walks off*

Yasi
04-26-2019, 10:32 AM
Every1 thinks they announced green, while obviously, the News refers to Luclin Expansion (wizard spire+druid ring = port to Nexus!)

Kassel
04-26-2019, 10:48 AM
And away we go....

d3r14k
04-26-2019, 10:56 AM
Every1 thinks they announced green, while obviously, the News refers to Luclin Expansion (wizard spire+druid ring = port to Nexus!)

This would be the ultimate troll. Or maybe the announcement refers to something minor like all the patches being done.

I don't think staff would do that, but it'd be hilarious if they did.

Emerald_keep
04-26-2019, 11:22 AM
https://imgur.com/L8TVVeq

Vigilance
04-26-2019, 11:35 AM
Pretty excited to play this.

Also a little amused to see how fast it takes someone to hit level 50. Would it even take a week? Two weeks?

Oleris
04-26-2019, 12:02 PM
Pretty excited to play this.

Also a little amused to see how fast it takes someone to hit level 50. Would it even take a week? Two weeks?

Prob could take a bard like 3 days if they really wanted to.

Crede
04-26-2019, 01:04 PM
How long before pet doing >50% dmg and you still getting full xp was nerfed? Mage to 50 seems like the obvious first choice here.

Ghostly
04-26-2019, 01:23 PM
How's about that timing right before Rogean will be at that Comic Con Museum this weekend for the Everquest 20 Year celebration?

indiscriminate_hater
04-26-2019, 01:40 PM
Forming 24/7 guise and manastone camping cartel, get at me in PM

fadetree
04-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Check announcements, its confirmed. (There's going to be about 100 posts like this today of people who didn't check that before posting.)

Check what? I still don't see it. What announcements section do you mean?

never mind - it's named strangely but it looks legit to me.

Fifield
04-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Dark elf necro for sure.

Erati
04-26-2019, 04:42 PM
Dark elf should not be avail as a race until Guise is removed

baakss
04-26-2019, 08:10 PM
How late in the timeline were guise and manastone removed?

Fifield
04-26-2019, 08:13 PM
Green's population gonna be massive, specially if they allow blue/green playable at same time.

ZiggyTheMuss
04-26-2019, 08:21 PM
They didn't say "Green" though.

Yeah what if they are releasing Luclin!? EVEN BETTER!!!!

Fifield
04-26-2019, 09:10 PM
Anyone who's played classic before knows that classic eq doesn't offer a ton to do besides things like guk. Kunark really opens up eq. Going to be fun

immaterial
04-26-2019, 11:22 PM
Why merge? After the full timeline just leave green running and launch a second green. There's a lot of concerns about selling green loot rights with blue currency, if we knew that green will not merge into blue this might be lessened since the future value of blue plat would be in question.

i'm confused about how this is supposed to work. why would anyone who has access to meaningful loot on green give a shit about stuff on blue? only the poop-sockiest of the tryhards are going to have any of the cool stuff on green, and those are the same people who already have everything on blue.

mgb65202
04-27-2019, 01:05 AM
What is the best class for start on Green?
There wont be any gear to make twinks.
I like to group, but maybe starting as a tank would be too hard?

Expediency
04-27-2019, 01:06 AM
I did not find p99 until 2015, I will certainly be down for the green launch. However they decide to manage the merge in 2021 wont change my excitement level for it.

jolanar
04-27-2019, 07:47 AM
Going to be an incredibly massive shitshow without pick zones. Having like 3 to 4k players all in classic only... LOL that's gonna be a no from me dog. Might be playable once Kunark comes out.

Swish2
04-27-2019, 08:30 AM
Going to be an incredibly massive shitshow without pick zones. Having like 3 to 4k players all in classic only... LOL that's gonna be a no from me dog. Might be playable once Kunark comes out.

Day 1 on any new live server back in the day was chaos...

https://i.imgur.com/GyaUGaT.gif

Mewse
04-27-2019, 08:42 AM
I did not find p99 until 2015, I will certainly be down for the green launch. However they decide to manage the merge in 2021 wont change my excitement level for it.

They wouldn't merge until 2022 after all the patches are released. Sometime before then Pantheon will have launched, and what happens to green characters won't be much of an issue for most. Gonna have a lot of fun up until that time, though! Can't wait to swing a rusty sword and feel twinked in bronze.

Ivory
04-27-2019, 10:10 AM
Woop woop!!!!! Oh what should I be?

Rogue for all the early game $$$ ?
Wizard for the epic wizard RP?
Ranger for the great bowventures?

-thinks-

Vaildez
04-27-2019, 10:52 AM
I can't even imagine the starting areas on Day 1.... There will literally be nothing to kill.

Ivory
04-27-2019, 10:57 AM
I can't even imagine the starting areas on Day 1.... There will literally be nothing to kill.

That's the fun! Back in the day, a strategy for the first few days of start up was to run mail quests for money + exp until you could get past the newbie army insta-killing anything that spawned.

FatherSioux
04-27-2019, 11:23 AM
What is the best class for start on Green?
There wont be any gear to make twinks.
I like to group, but maybe starting as a tank would be too hard?

Tanks are always in demand. Bard or monk are probably the least hear dependent. All classes are viable though.

Jimjam
04-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Mage or enchanter, lvl up than go back and do melee

Farm on Mage to fund iksar monk if you want to be lame. Enchanter if you want to hit 60 and farm before rerolling to monk.

mgb64029
04-27-2019, 01:30 PM
Farm on Mage to fund iksar monk if you want to be lame. Enchanter if you want to hit 60 and farm before rerolling to monk.

There won't be any iksar initially on Green right?, it will start at classic, at least I hope it does.

Keza
04-27-2019, 01:47 PM
There won't be any iksar initially on Green right?, it will start at classic, at least I hope it does.

Nope. Iksar are Kunark. Bit of a shame of course since they are the master race, but it will slightly help deviate the races since the necros won't be able to minmax.

I mean aside from all the ogres. Oh god the ogres.

Imagine wanting to play a social MMO but not wanting any other players on the game. Oh wait you could play any MMO since 2004.

Jimjam
04-27-2019, 04:43 PM

That's right!

I guarantee plenty will be building trust funds in the first few months in anticipation for Kunark/iksar.

Fifield
04-28-2019, 01:16 AM
So who is going to lead the tmo 2.0 on green and wants another applicant

Pyrrhica
04-28-2019, 01:31 AM

Absolutely. Hundreds of people fighting over bats and orcs in the newbie yards. KSing skellies over coveted Cracked Staffs. Get ready!

aaezil
04-28-2019, 01:31 AM
So who is going to lead the tmo 2.0 on green and wants another applicant

Ever considered moving out if your parents basement and working on a career?

Coridan
04-28-2019, 12:09 PM
I'm going to roll a Dark Elf SK and try to go 1-50 Nektulos -> Lavastorm -> Najena -> SolA/B

Fifield
04-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Ever considered moving out if your parents basement and working on a career?

why would I ever do that when she knows how to make my pancakes exactly the way i like them

Fifield
04-28-2019, 04:06 PM
I wonder if they will allow you to be logged into blue at the same time as green? Sounds cool on paper but that might be more negatives than positives

Larkverdin
04-28-2019, 11:30 PM
I think I'll give a DE necro a go this time if we go through Luclin/PoP. If it stays Velious only, I'm not giving up my WE druid. 6 months never seemed so long.

hillgiantchamp
04-29-2019, 12:35 AM
if you really want to do it right roll a dark elf ranger for lustrious russet armor and scimitar of the mistwalker... screw farming classic gear with a 50 chanter and skip needing a manastone that camp will make you hate this game even if you have the camp the drop rate is so low. de mask will be common mult will drop every day making it duable. Then make the chanter to farm kunark after your ranger is geared

Voland
05-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Haven't played is so long and I happen to catch this message, would love to start fresh on a new server, fresh EQ is always best EQ.

It sure is!
My original fresh EQ was Morden Rasp server - it was amazing to see 100+ people in Gfay, competing for each wasp and orc pawn :)

Llandris
05-02-2019, 06:31 PM

Who knew it was going to be as big as it was? Was I the only nerd who bought a PC just to play this game?

Uuruk
05-02-2019, 07:40 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211293

Any day now

ScottBerta
05-03-2019, 01:23 AM
Great please leave blue... lower prices and more camps to have. See ya!!

Evia
05-04-2019, 07:52 AM
I'm having a tough time deciding if I want to play a Rogue again on green or try a totally different class? I've been considering a Warrior, Monk and Necro...

I suppose it depends on if the characters created on Green get recycled to blue or not. If they do then there is probably no sense in having two rogues.

Aalderon Crystafire
05-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Who knew it was going to be as big as it was? Was I the only nerd who bought a PC just to play this game?

You're not cool unless you were playing EQ in Glide :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOWLElJCi60

Delfofthebla
07-03-2019, 05:51 PM
I think I'll give a DE necro a go this time if we go through Luclin/PoP. If it stays Velious only, I'm not giving up my WE druid. 6 months never seemed so long.

It took them how many years to do Kunark and Velious? Are we even 100% done with those yet? I feel like there's still stuff missing.

There isn't a flying chance in hell that we're getting luclin. Especially since most people viewed that expansion as the one that pushed EQ in the wrong direction.

Jibartik
07-03-2019, 06:32 PM
I am not leaving this barrel until green99 is out!

https://i.imgur.com/dlHiSEp.png

Jibartik
07-03-2019, 06:43 PM
if you really want to do it right roll a dark elf ranger for lustrious russet armor and scimitar of the mistwalker...

lol if someone manages to do this I will have sex with screenshots I print of their character. :o

Thulghor
07-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Ok that would be pimp.

Jibartik
07-03-2019, 07:08 PM
I personally think I will never get Lustrous russet, the guise/stone will be easy compared to the LR... I think it'd be easier to trade a manastone for each peace of LR you want that drops during the raids lol

If you think competitive raiding is fun now, imagine trying to get those 50 hp gloves on your pre kunark shaman eh? While half the raid is wearing at least 1 leather armor.

+5 wis brownish plate boots to separate you from all the black fur ones? Ugh.

LR would be so amazing, but I think the odds of obtaining it are so low that idk I dont even want to day dream about it.

I also dont think I will get a mistwalker. :( However if I roll a class that can use it, I really really really hope that you get to pass it around and to summon and buff a pet, with the rest of everyone else that can use it on your raid, for that 100 dog raid force action that nilbog will please please please put into green99 progression :)

Dugface
07-03-2019, 07:28 PM
I always felt that Misty seemed to have more starting mobs than places like GFay. Maybe because it's just smaller and actually possible to see further than a tree away with no fog around.

Thulghor
07-03-2019, 07:46 PM
Oh man. Glide and 3dfx.

I should dust off the old Dell Dimension XPS T450 Pentium 3 comp in my closet. I upgraded that bad boy to a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, an Aureal A3D sound card, a bad ass 10/100 Intel NIC, a "state of the art" US Robotics 56k V92 modem, a 40 gig hard drive, and 768 megs of SDRAM back in the day. It was still in use up to 2005. I should load Windows 98SE on it and see if P99 would melt it into a puddle. Probably wouldn't even install. I think it has a copy of Windows XP Home on it right now.

Evia
07-03-2019, 10:23 PM
I personally think I will never get Lustrous russet, the guise/stone will be easy compared to the LR... I think it'd be easier to trade a manastone for each peace of LR you want that drops during the raids lol

If you think competitive raiding is fun now, imagine trying to get those 50 hp gloves on your pre kunark shaman eh? While half the raid is wearing at least 1 leather armor.

+5 wis brownish plate boots to separate you from all the black fur ones? Ugh.

LR would be so amazing, but I think the odds of obtaining it are so low that idk I dont even want to day dream about it.

I also dont think I will get a mistwalker. :( However if I roll a class that can use it, I really really really hope that you get to pass it around and to summon and buff a pet, with the rest of everyone else that can use it on your raid, for that 100 dog raid force action that nilbog will please please please put into green99 progression :)

I didn’t realize rogues could use the LR armor!

.....new p99 green goals

Jibartik
07-03-2019, 10:25 PM
I didn’t realize rogues could use the LR armor!

.....new p99 green goals

lol I want some so bad but its like, you literally have to compete against more than half the servers classes for it hahaha

Id also love the planar caster robe but alas, velious ruined that graphic by making it an easy to obtain twink robe :mad: :o

Jibartik
07-03-2019, 10:28 PM
oh yea reminder my hype is so 100 I cant stop posting ss's here's one more

https://i.imgur.com/BocJ3YA.png

Transient
07-04-2019, 10:47 AM
We've come full circle. I'm having nostalgia about old days on P99. The days Scimitar of Mistwalker was removed was a major day for butthurt. IB vs. Trans was the original battle of the poopsock. Manastone was basically a requirement to raid planes at that time. I used to wake up at 7AM on a Saturday, pickup coffee and breakfast, and be dialed in for an 8AM Fear raid.

ScottBerta
07-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Staying on blue... Spent so long attaining what I have seems strange to then jump to a new server to spend thousands of hours to get what I already spent thousands of hours to get. I do wish good luck to all the greenies though!

Evia
07-04-2019, 01:32 PM
Staying on blue... Spent so long attaining what I have seems strange to then jump to a new server to spend thousands of hours to get what I already spent thousands of hours to get. I do wish good luck to all the greenies though!

Why not both? I'm not going to make more than one character on green. I have had enough grinding...one is enough to get that nostalgic fresh start feeling again.

Jibartik
07-04-2019, 01:49 PM
We've come full circle. I'm having nostalgia about old days on P99. The days Scimitar of Mistwalker was removed was a major day for butthurt. IB vs. Trans was the original battle of the poopsock. Manastone was basically a requirement to raid planes at that time. I used to wake up at 7AM on a Saturday, pickup coffee and breakfast, and be dialed in for an 8AM Fear raid.

Hopefully the competition gets this heated on green. :o:o:o

TBH I feel like being the best of green, all the way through velious, would be much harder and rewarding than being the best on blue! (shamelessly shilling for the neckbeards to feel the need to compete on green)

Lets make it culturally acceptable here that the top green raiders are less casual scum than the top blue raiders and are the true best players of everquest (even the hero's from the past, you need to log back in and defend your honor on green! Pyro! Tiggles! idk whoever you people are idk Im a filthy casual)

Fifield
07-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Just think if you could go back to the P99 team when they released blue and say to them, hey in 10 years your server is still going to be going strong and you'll release a 2nd server then.

If only they knew the beast they created

Jimjam
07-05-2019, 02:02 AM
Just think if you could go back to the P99 team when they released blue and say to them, hey in 10 years your server is still going to be going strong and you'll release a 2nd server then.

If only they knew the beast they created

Hasn't this always been the plan, regards of how popular the server may or may not have been?

Wenai
07-06-2019, 08:07 AM
Nope. Iksar are Kunark. Bit of a shame of course since they are the master race, but it will slightly help deviate the races since the necros won't be able to minmax.

I mean aside from all the ogres. Oh god the ogres.

Imagine wanting to play a social MMO but not wanting any other players on the game. Oh wait you could play any MMO since 2004.

It was actually really funny the first time around on Blue.

All of the Warriors were Human and Barbarian that got to 50 early.
All of the Shamans were Barbarian or Troll that got to 50 early.
I don't think there was a Shadowknight who got to level 50 very quickly.

Zeldak (server first level 50 Ogre) was a Shaman who got to 50 like weeks after the initial rush of 50s. Ogres were very underrepresented at the Blue launch and it was kind of confusing.

EDIT: I just wanted to add some other thoughts.

The launch of blue was incredible, and honestly the people that were playing were (for the most part) awesome people. Everyone was pretty good at letting people experience things and get loot.

I played a Cleric launch day up until about level 33. Realized I hated not being able to solo well, so I quit that character and re-rolled a Shaman. I then leveled a Shaman from 1-34. Yet I was able to approach the EE camp and take over the camp less than 40 minutes later. Zeldak and I each got 1 Manastone, and passed the camp off to the next person.

No one was perma-camping it. I mean Penoy was bound at the EE camp and killed it whenever he died or gated, but people really just kind of let people get it. It was the same story for Rubicite Breastplate, or any Rubicite piece. People were really good at just handing it off to one another.

I fully expect Green to be very greedy and the overall experience to be slightly tainted compared to my experiences on Blue 10 years ago. The overall attitude of people on the server has changed dramatically.

That being said, I still think Green will be a ton of fun, and I think people are crazy for deciding to stick to Blue. Content is done for the timeline. Everything that is there is gonna be there forever. Why not have fun and experience the timeline in the frenzy that will be Green?

Jimjam
07-06-2019, 08:26 AM
There needs to be a custom scripted quest where if a character has been logged as looting 2 or more manastones tried to loot another then Mithaniel Marr unveils himself and no Rez DTs the looter.

If they have been logged as looting 4+ you get no rez DTed and corpse rotted.

Evia
07-06-2019, 09:12 AM
There needs to be a custom scripted quest where if a character has been logged as looting 2 or more manastones tried to loot another then Mithaniel Marr unveils himself and no Rez DTs the looter.

Not classic

...but I like it. Keeps immersion strong and the server clean

d3r14k
07-06-2019, 09:35 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Q50t2Pt.gif

Nuggie
07-06-2019, 11:42 AM
@Wenai

You just reminded me. I had just got my necro high enough to solo EE and the stone was taken out. I was really bummed, since the point in making him was to farm gear for the cleric I would later make.... Which was now going to be stoneless

Jify
07-06-2019, 01:44 PM
I think Doug may need to make an appearance...

Wenai
07-06-2019, 08:52 PM
I think Doug may need to make an appearance...

Yessssss. You sure you don't want Jify to turn in Greater Lightstones and get your exp rolled back because Aeolwind accidentally made the quest give 10x more exp than it was supposed to? (At least I think that was Jify)

Seungkyu
07-11-2019, 06:25 AM
@Wenai Thanks for that story down nostalgia lane. I expect a ton of min/max ogres this time around and people being toxic over loot.

The cool thing is there are still people like you around to continue the legacy. Specifically, I'm asking you to farm me a manastone.

Ketchi
07-12-2019, 04:57 AM
I may have missed this, but will Green mean that Blue is shutting down? I would hate to start playing now just to have to start over again in a few months

Evia
07-12-2019, 05:23 AM
I may have missed this, but will Green mean that Blue is shutting down? I would hate to start playing now just to have to start over again in a few months

No blue wont shut down because of green.

Ketchi
07-12-2019, 05:32 AM
Thank you

Khaleesi
07-22-2019, 01:20 PM
Ten years(plus pre release development and conceptual time) of a project in the making, casually informed that it's releasing in several months via an unprofessionally titled thread by Rogean that contains a teaser graphic and no actual details?
Where is the official release thread that the advertisement on the Project 1999 home page should be pointing to?

The thread would contains answer to such things as :

What is the actual plan, purpose and vision of the server?
Will there be any mechanics changes? Including a server wipe - if so, what exactly?
Different restrictions/less restrictions?
Expecting to follow the timeline to the exact dates?
Lessons learned from Blue?

Testing?
Velious(an expansion) had plenty of months of testing and yet Green(an entire server) is announced quite suddenly with no mention of whether it's being tested, was tested.
Is it still needing testing, how do people sign up?
Assuming we have roughly two thousand people elbowing each other to get in simultaneously, you'd want to make sure things work first. Which leads onto ..

Will there be early access or a staggered rollout?
If yes to the above, what dates, times and how is it deployed - whom gets in first?

Are there character creation limits to slow down the name reserving, Alt creation and general character spam that affects login servers and newbie areas?
One character creation per hour would solve the above

.....The launch of blue was incredible, and honestly the people that were playing were (for the most part) awesome people. Everyone was pretty good at letting people experience things and get loot.
You're about to witness an event more wanton than Walmart at 6am on the day after Christmas in Baltimore.

...in the frenzy that will be Green?

Oh "frenzy" is putting it mildly.

Khaleesi
07-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Ten years(plus pre release development and conceptual time) of a project in the making, casually informed that it's releasing in several months via an unprofessionally titled thread by Rogean that contains a teaser graphic and no actual details?
Where is the official release thread that the advertisement on the Project 1999 home page should be pointing to?

The thread would contains answer to such things as :

Will there be any mechanics changes? Including a server wipe - if so, what exactly?

Testing?
Velious(an expansion) had plenty of months of testing and yet Green(an entire server) is announced quite suddenly with no mention of whether it's being tested, was tested.
Assuming we have roughly two thousand people elbowing each other to get in simultaneously, you'd want to make sure things work first. Which leads onto ..

If yes to the above, what dates, times and how is it deployed - whom gets in first?

Are there character creation limits to slow down the name reserving, Alt creation and general character spam that affects login servers and newbie areas?
One character creation per hour would solve the above

You're about to witness an event more wanton than Walmart at 6am on the day after Christmas in Baltimore.

Let's quote myself and add :

What in the world is happening with Raid rules?
Complete FFA
Rotation
PVP enabled in certain zones
FTE

--

Will people still not be allowed to be in zone with a contested mob past an invisible line?
How many trackers allowed? When, where?

And most importantly above all else.. is someone going to finally give Wedar his due and actually make sure the Hole zone is done properly this time?

loramin
07-22-2019, 02:04 PM
Testing?

Green has been tested, heavily, for about a decade: it's called Blue (aka the "Beta Green" server) ... or at least its content has.

The "hoops" that Rogean has to jump through to release a new server have also been tested (eg. in addition to Blue and Red he brought up a whole separate Velious test server before Velious was released), so really I doubt there's much need for testing on any level.

Basically, for ten years everything the P99 team has been doing has pretty much been just building towards Green.

Khaleesi
07-22-2019, 02:08 PM
Green has been tested, or at least its content has.

Content only aside, it's been tested on Blue, not Green.
If you're suggesting they'll merely copy across the server, they can't because it's not pre Kunark.
And if you then think they can fire up only a pre Kunark era version of Blue, wrong again because it's mechanics are different.

It's not like they can simply 'turn off' the expansions and call it a day.

What are the odds they just happen to have a Classic era build waiting in the wings that's all fixed and ready to roll that they said nothing about until five months before it's meant to launch?
And outside of content, there's far more to it than that.

Anyways, that's the one of the lesser concerns. The other aspects are glaring and not addressed, especially about Rygarr.

Llandris
07-22-2019, 02:26 PM
From what sir nilbog has told me, content is preset to "switch on" so to say once we reach that point in the timeline. Every single patch is ready to go and will be available once that expansion or timeline related content is reached. Vanilla will truly be vanilla with no QoL options available as it was in 2009. NPCs will be as they were (or as close as possible) to what it was in 1999. What do you think they have been doing for 10 years? ;)

Edit - Oh, and I'm sure there will be more detailed information once we get closer and Rogean feels its ready. It's a teaser, and clearly it teased you

Nuggie
07-22-2019, 02:34 PM
It did. Need Green forums, mate. The amount of green on blue is big.

Jibartik
07-22-2019, 04:35 PM
From what sir nilbog has told me, content is preset to "switch on" so to say once we reach that point in the timeline. Every single patch is ready to go and will be available once that expansion or timeline related content is reached. Vanilla will truly be vanilla with no QoL options available as it was in 2009. NPCs will be as they were (or as close as possible) to what it was in 1999. What do you think they have been doing for 10 years? ;)

Edit - Oh, and I'm sure there will be more detailed information once we get closer and Rogean feels its ready. It's a teaser, and clearly it teased you

https://i.imgur.com/083Bv1v.gif?1

pink grapefruit
07-22-2019, 04:37 PM

have they decided what the pvp teams will be for green yet?

Videri
07-22-2019, 05:26 PM

It's not unprofessional. It is a teaser. Everyone else here is also waiting for future announcements with more details.

I think you've been around long enough to know the answer to this. The whole point of P99 is to recreate, blow-by-blow, the timeline of original Everquest from launch to the end of Velious. Blue server has been the testing ground for that. Green99 will start as similar to launch-era retail Everquest as possible, and each patch will adjust the server over time until the final patch of Velious. The patches are already laid down in order with proper timing. When they make a patch on Blue, they include timing/era details so it will become part of Green at the right time.

What happens at the end of the timeline is also not officially announced. One idea that has been around a long time is that Green would merge into Blue. Players have raised concerns about the effect this would have on both Blue (influx of new chars) and Green (people will play on Green just so they can have a new manastone/guise char on Blue, etc). Again, we are all just waiting for the announcements.

I'm sure there will still be bugs to work out and ever-more-classic changes to implement. But the greatest part of the work is already done.

Will there be any mechanics changes?

no

Including a server wipe - if so, what exactly?

There will never be a wipe. Devs have said it over and over for years.

Same restrictions. Hybrid exp penalties. Everything as classic as possible. No custom changes.

Yes, as we all know, that's part of the vision.

You mean with regard to camp and raid rules? It's reasonable to guess that the same camp rules will be in place. With regard to raids, it's hard to guess until we see how the population of Green turns out. We'll see.

Testing?

You and I and everyone here have been doing the testing for 10 years. Already done! :D

Just wait for subsequent announcements.

In closing, have some respect for Rogean and the staff.

loramin
07-22-2019, 06:53 PM
Content only aside, it's been tested on Blue, not Green.
If you're suggesting they'll merely copy across the server, they can't because it's not pre Kunark.
And if you then think they can fire up only a pre Kunark era version of Blue, wrong again because it's mechanics are different.

It's not like they can simply 'turn off' the expansions and call it a day.

What are the odds they just happen to have a Classic era build waiting in the wings that's all fixed and ready to roll that they said nothing about until five months before it's meant to launch?
And outside of content, there's far more to it than that.

Others have mostly answered this, but just the one thing you're maybe missing is that Blue doesn't need to "fire up only a pre Kunark era version", because it already had that version.

Although it was before your (and also my) time, the server originally started with vanilla, and the staff slowly added content on top (as Llandris mentioned, doing so carefully, in a way that could easily be "played forward" later). The reason Kunark took seven years here is that the staff was still fixing issues in Vanilla when it was first released, then they had fix everything in Kunark (which has multiple "eras"), and then they had to make Velious. Then it took almost four years after that for them to both fix everything and build the multiple Velious "eras".

If you join late like we did (me in Kunark, you in Velious I'm guessing) it looks like they jumped ahead, but really they've been building everything from Vanilla to Velious, brick by brick, the whole time.

Nuggie
07-22-2019, 08:24 PM
Videri in with a homerun.

fastboy21
07-22-2019, 09:08 PM

Sounds like fun to me. Nobody is forcing you to play during the "frenzy" early days of the server or at all for that matter.

I can't help but think you sound horribly ungrateful in your comments in this thread. Nilbog/Rogean and long time staff have been more than professional considering that the difficulties and headaches and risks that p99 has been for them.

For those of us who have been here since the beginning I consider Rogean/Nilbog to be the reason for the success of p99 --- pretty much anybody else at the helm would have blown it by now or walked away.

It is also totally free. How much fun for free have we been having for a decade as a consequence of these "unprofessional" behaving people? Sorry, if you didn't mean to come off that way --- but its hard to read your comments without me getting that meaning out of them.

TheBlob
07-25-2019, 09:15 AM
I have a question that is more about the logistics of having green and blue (and red) up at the same time:

Do you guys think we will need two EQ folders to play both servers? The way I understand, patches modify files in the folder so a specific EQ folder corresponds to a specific point in time of EQ. How will that work with simultaneous green/blue?

Nuggie
07-25-2019, 04:12 PM
I think the preplanned patches will change server-side code. Therefore you won't need 2 folders.

urbanbo
07-25-2019, 04:55 PM
Green has been tested, heavily, for about a decade: it's called Blue (aka the "Beta Green" server) ... or at least its content has.

The "hoops" that Rogean has to jump through to release a new server have also been tested (eg. in addition to Blue and Red he brought up a whole separate Velious test server before Velious was released), so really I doubt there's much need for testing on any level.

Basically, for ten years everything the P99 team has been doing has pretty much been just building towards Green.

What if Daybreak were to step in at this point and request that 10 years of work for their next TLP?

Whyt
07-25-2019, 05:09 PM

you take that back!

Harbogast
07-26-2019, 11:49 PM
If you undo all the changes that Daldaen proposed then I will play on green. This includes such things as buff timers not showing (thanks Dald), nerfed autostand on spell-cast (thanks Dald), having to equip PoM flowers to cast them (thanks Dald), and essentially every other change that made the game less enjoyable. (thanks, Daldaen)

Bellringer
07-27-2019, 12:32 AM
If you undo all the changes that Daldaen proposed then I will play on green. This includes such things as buff timers not showing (thanks Dald), nerfed autostand on spell-cast (thanks Dald), having to equip PoM flowers to cast them (thanks Dald), and essentially every other change that made the game less enjoyable. (thanks, Daldaen)

https://i.imgur.com/MNd0Ue2.gif

Videri
07-29-2019, 05:26 AM

What trivial complaints. Your body is not ready for Green. /bye

Also, Daldaen is a champion.

Demoraliser
09-17-2019, 01:37 PM
My body is ready for Green. :D

Evia
09-17-2019, 01:57 PM
I was 100% going Rogue on Green until I saw that eventually green chars will move onto blue. No sense in having two rogues...so now I'm struggling at choosing a new main for Green...
Despite playing a highly group oriented class in the Rogue I'm actually terrible at socialising and maintaining a crew of friends in online games, so a solo artist sounds like a good class choice such as an Enchanter or Necro. However, I would love to break that habit by forcing me to play another group oriented class like a Warrior or Cleric.

Decisions....

loramin
What if Daybreak were to step in at this point and request that 10 years of work for their next TLP?

They would have no legal claim to it. Quick backstory on copyright (with the obligatory warning that I'm not a layer) ...

When you write anything (a book, a line of computer code ... anything that involves creative effort on some level, so not like phone book entries or something like that, but just about everything else), you own a copyright to what you wrote. You get that copyright automatically, the moment you write something. Whenever you see the © symbol and the author's name/date, that's not technically necessary: it's just the author adding a little more "legal strength" (should the copyright ever get tested in court). Fundamentally they already own the copyright without that symbol.

So back in '99-'01 the original EQ devs wrote the server code for EverQuest, and because they signed a contract with Verant before they wrote it, Verant (later SOE) owned the copyright on that source code. But, as far as anyone knows, that code has since been lost to time: not even SOE or Daybreak have it today.

Because it was lost, the devs here never even had a chance to look at it. What they did was reverse engineer it (ie. they figured out how the old code must have worked, and wrote their own, completely original, code). Because they wrote original code, they, not Daybreak, owns the copyright on that code.

So why did the P99 people enter that agreement with Daybreak then? Two reasons. First, there's the copyright on the client.

For legal reasons P99 is very careful never to tell anyone how to get the Titanium client, and the reason is they don't own the copyright on that. No one has ever reverse-engineered and re-created an open EQ client (it's theoretically possible, but man that'd be a big project). Plus, the client doesn't just have code: it has graphic models, which are also protected by copyright. Even if programmers re-invented the code behind them, we'd need 100% new (unclassic) models if we wanted a completely legal and Daybreak-independent P99 client. Thus, all of us players are in theory infringing on Daybreak's IP when we "pirate" the Titanium client.

Now again, P99 stays away from that, but in a sense they're encouraging copyright violation, so it's not 100% black and white in their favor. Sure Daybreak isn't even selling that client anymore (in fact, they never really sold it originally either), and there are these things known as "fair use rights", so we players might be protected ... but when it comes to IP laws who is right isn't all that matters. "Do you have enough money to to sustain a lawsuit long enough to prove that you are right" is also a huge factor, and Daybreak can almost certainly outspend R&N on lawyers, so regardless of who would "win" in such a fight ... R&N would lose.

On top of that, Daybreak still owns the trademarks on terms like EverQuest and Firiona Vie. Without getting into details, trademarks work differently than copyright, and there's plenty of "gray area" there for a vicious corporation to out-lawyer R&N if they wanted.

Long story short, R&N definitely won with the Daybreak agreement (and so did Daybreak). Daybreak definitely has some legal leverage to hold over R&N's head. But when it comes to the P99 server code specifically, that's R&N's, and no one can touch it.

mgb64029
It's more than a month away, I wonder how many people will be at server launch?

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 02:47 PM
We should all pool our money together and buy advertisements on youtube and facebook and reddit and stuff haha

Videri
09-17-2019, 06:33 PM
I was 100% going Rogue on Green until I saw that eventually green chars will move onto blue. No sense in having two rogues...so now I'm struggling at choosing a new main for Green...
Despite playing a highly group oriented class in the Rogue I'm actually terrible at socialising and maintaining a crew of friends in online games, so a solo artist sounds like a good class choice such as an Enchanter or Necro. However, I would love to break that habit by forcing me to play another group oriented class like a Warrior or Cleric.

Decisions....

It might not be entirely crazy to play a rogue, since it will be a different experience from playing one on Blue. That said, I feel the same as you. I don't think I'm going to play a wizard since I have Seaglass at 54 on Blue.

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 06:59 PM
It might not be entirely crazy to play a rogue, since it will be a different experience from playing one on Blue. That said, I feel the same as you. I don't think I'm going to play a wizard since I have Seaglass at 54 on Blue.

I am going to wait and play druid or wizard on purple 99 since they are so great at PVP and focus on Pve classes for green 8) Ive never done a wizard before so i am pretty excited to play one in 2025

Rogean
09-17-2019, 07:14 PM
I have a question that is more about the logistics of having green and blue (and red) up at the same time:

Do you guys think we will need two EQ folders to play both servers? The way I understand, patches modify files in the folder so a specific EQ folder corresponds to a specific point in time of EQ. How will that work with simultaneous green/blue?

You do not need two separate folders. Our era system is built into the client files when necessary. For example, the spells file contains multiple versions of the same spell. When the client logs into the server, the DLL receives information from the server on which era should be applied, and the DLL then loads the correct spells for that era.

Rogean
09-17-2019, 07:17 PM

Without going into any details regarding our agreement (because I can't), I'll speak very generically here.

It wouldn't make much sense for one to enter into any sort of contract of protection if said contract could be rescinded without breach.

:)

Chortles Snort|eS
09-17-2019, 07:43 PM
Brads oBvS gonna plAy grEeN

Uh duHH

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 08:25 PM
Has brad ever played p99 Rogean?

You ever contact him and go to his house and have a lan party with him and his panthion team for the weekend or something?

I would be legit confused as to why brad wouldnt at least roll a character to see what has happened to his game after letting it run for 10+ years.

But then again he's a lunatic so it also wouldn't surprise me if he thought he was too busy to lol (spoiler brad, you're not)

Rogean
09-17-2019, 08:55 PM
Has brad ever played p99 Rogean?

You ever contact him and go to his house and have a lan party with him and his panthion team for the weekend or something?

I would be legit confused as to why brad wouldnt at least roll a character to see what has happened to his game after letting it run for 10+ years.

But then again he's a lunatic so it also wouldn't surprise me if he thought he was too busy to lol (spoiler brad, you're not)

Brad hasn't played, but many of the Pantheon devs have. They communicated with us quite a bit early on in Pantheon development. I've seen Brad a number of times, first at the SOE Conventions, then during the 20th Celebration earlier this year (They had Brad and me up on one of the panels together).

Videri
09-17-2019, 08:58 PM
You do not need two separate folders. Our era system is built into the client files when necessary. For example, the spells file contains multiple versions of the same spell. When the client logs into the server, the DLL receives information from the server on which era should be applied, and the DLL then loads the correct spells for that era.

Whoa. The staff really is smarter than the rest of us.

Muggens
09-17-2019, 09:05 PM
Brad hasn't played, but many of the Pantheon devs have. They communicated with us quite a bit early on in Pantheon development. I've seen Brad a number of times, first at the SOE Conventions, then during the 20th Celebration earlier this year (They had Brad and me up on one of the panels together).

Much love to you and Brad! Is it possible to view a video recording of this 20th Celebration panel somewhere? <3

Rogean
09-17-2019, 09:12 PM
Much love to you and Brad! Is it possible to view a video recording of this 20th Celebration panel somewhere? <3

I haven't seen one if there is.

Oleris
09-17-2019, 09:19 PM
I haven't seen one if there is.

The evercast guy should have the panel recorded. Not sure if he has released the panel yet.

might be it audio only: https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/8/e/b/8eb8c45d01b5bdcc/Ep_10_-_Panel_Discussion_with_Brad_McQuaid.mp3?c_id=46214 243&cs_id=46214243&expiration=1568775407&hwt=f32844c51cd18eee1655a63f976eeb91

Rogean
09-17-2019, 09:28 PM
might be it audio only: https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/8/e/b/8eb8c45d01b5bdcc/Ep_10_-_Panel_Discussion_with_Brad_McQuaid.mp3?c_id=46214 243&cs_id=46214243&expiration=1568775407&hwt=f32844c51cd18eee1655a63f976eeb91

That's one of the panels, or it might have been the introduction at the beginning of the day. Not the panel I was on though. This one is being lead by Holly. The one I was on was lead by Linda Carlson (Brasse the Dwarf).

Chortles Snort|eS
09-17-2019, 11:11 PM
can i have ur autograph?

Oleris
09-17-2019, 11:36 PM
can i have ur autograph?

SoRrY yOu DoN't HaVe 1

https://i.imgur.com/gYprLYU.jpg

Jibartik
09-17-2019, 11:40 PM
That's one of the panels, or it might have been the introduction at the beginning of the day. Not the panel I was on though. This one is being lead by Holly. The one I was on was lead by Linda Carlson (Brasse the Dwarf).

The pannel was at comicon right? I was trying to find it around then to see if I could see it live but never could, was wondering how it went? Did you get to talk to a bunch of people about how awesome this EMU is and like tell them how cool we are and stuff? And also be like "see I run a better game I'm smarter than you all"

Rogean
09-18-2019, 01:18 AM
SoRrY yOu DoN't HaVe 1

img

I completely forgot I did that o.O

zinkowarlo
10-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Will there be no red/green server?

I understand that the population on red is minimal, but a new server would bring back a lot of old time players who don't enjoy the simple PVE setup - but also do not want to be backseat to everyone on red who has/had a decade to get a leg up.

Personally, playing SZ the team idea was a great memory for me, but I also played a bit of RZ and that item looting was a blast as well. Many other options and I honestly don't remember all the rules of the other pvp servers.

An additional thought to this is server population on green. It is going to be insane, at least for a few months. Rolling out the new red server too would surly split up the pop some. Would the be a reason to not release red/green/purple? I'm sure having 2-4k in noob zones when considering original EQ with lack of zone choice would be plenty! What happens if we see 8k? Is 'purple' a contingency plan if green has 'too much' success?

Chortles Snort|eS
10-06-2019, 11:14 AM
This has already been addressed several times in the last few weeks. There are plans for the PVP Community. We are not announcing or addressing them until after Green launches. It would be ridiculous to think that we'd shift our focus away from that at this time, or start talking about it prematurely and confuse the players coming for Green.

bwe
10-06-2019, 11:36 AM
/guildwar

Khaleesi
10-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Others have mostly answered this, but just the one thing you're maybe missing is that Blue doesn't need to "fire up only a pre Kunark era version", because it already had that version.

Although it was before your (and also my) time, the server originally started with vanilla, and the staff slowly added content on top (as Llandris mentioned, doing so carefully, in a way that could easily be "played forward" later). The reason Kunark took seven years here is that the staff was still fixing issues in Vanilla when it was first released, then they had fix everything in Kunark (which has multiple "eras"), and then they had to make Velious. Then it took almost four years after that for them to both fix everything and build the multiple Velious "eras".

If you join late like we did (me in Kunark, you in Velious I'm guessing) it looks like they jumped ahead, but really they've been building everything from Vanilla to Velious, brick by brick, the whole time.

Was going back through this thread and realized I had missed quite a few kind responses from yourselves.

Not sure about where you got the idea of my characters being post Kunkark/Velious as they are far from that.
It's precisely why I was dubious at best about how it would all work and now after reading the actual details, even more dubious.

Brick by brick is pointless when the foundations and the bricks are lined with unclassic changes and concepts.

I could stomach it :

If the carebear list system was not implemented.

and

If the Green > Blue forced migration did not let you take across an items that are nerfed, blocked, banned, removed etc. on Blue.
It's bad enough we're injecting more characters into Blue, with items that..hell I can't even finish this sentence. The more I try to reconcile this, the more I cannot even contemplate what the flying fu** they are possibly thinking.

Everyone I know and that we discuss Green with, as soon as they find out that not only are characters being pushed back into Blue, though they can take items with them, there's either a quick 'wtf?' or a long awkward silence, in which you can tell they're thinking 'wtf?'
It's the number one reason why Blue players won't bother with Green.

It's simple, green should be the real live classic EverQuest

No silly systems
No custom content
Patch release match the time line of release

You said yourselves, blue is like a test server and for me that is in the same vein as Basilisk is for SWG EMU. It should be 100% independent of whatever Green does.

What happened to ...

#nochanges
#classic

El-Hefe
10-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Think of Green like seasonal play and Blue is the permanent shard all the toons get dumped in and then never played again when the next season starts. Recycling Green at the end of the timeline is important for keeping Green feeling classic as possible and not dumb as fuck like Blue currently is after existing for ten years. However, people would complain if their seasonal toons poofed after the season was over, so sticking them on Blue seems like the best option.

Jibartik
10-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Blue is like the p99 Plane of Knowledge.

Danth
10-06-2019, 01:30 PM
The more I try to reconcile this, the more I cannot even contemplate what the flying fu** they are possibly thinking.

Seems obvious enough to me. The folks who run P99 want to reconcile their longstanding promises to never delete people's characters with the existence of the recycle server that resets every X often.

Danth

El-Hefe
10-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Blue is like the p99 Plane of Knowledge.

I'd say it's more like the Plane of Tranquility, just high level toons porting from one raid encounter to another. With very little else.

Danth
10-06-2019, 01:42 PM
I'd say it's more like the Plane of Tranquility, just high level toons porting from one raid encounter to another. With very little else.

Only for people who choose to live inside that particular little bubble. I don't play that way, for one. I think of temple veeshan as a jail of sorts that people effectively lock themselves inside.

Danth

zinkowarlo
10-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Excuse me that I didn't think it would be ridiculous to have multiple thoughts or plans at one time. Must have missed the other threads, thanks.

loramin
10-07-2019, 11:18 AM
If the carebear list system was not implemented.

Great, so you're willing to pay out of pocket for a 24/7 support system, with both paid GMs and (since you can't pay them with free playtime) paid guides? Awesome! ;)

Ok, not trying to be an ass, but hopefully you got my point: for our 100% volunteer support team /list is by far the most classic option. If you don't believe me, go read how GMs actually handled camp disputes on live: http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_Era_Customer_Service_Guidelines (hint, they basically did /list, but relied on paid humans to enforce it).

It's bad enough we're injecting more characters into Blue, with items that..hell I can't even finish this sentence. The more I try to reconcile this, the more I cannot even contemplate what the flying fu** they are possibly thinking.

I think the boogeyman you're imagining is a whole lot worse than reality.

Blue already has a million high level characters. Blue already has mana orbs and guises and such. Neither of those two facts has stopped me from having a blast for the past five years, and nothing about Green will change either one.

If anything Green will actually help what you're worried about. It's not the number of characters that makes a server feel busy, it's the number of players, and most players who play on Green won't be playing on Blue at the same time (and if they do they'll likely be off alone in a corner soloing). Blue will feel far less crowded when Green comes out.

No silly systems
No custom content
Patch release match the time line of release

You just described Green (again, /list isn't "silly", it's classic).

You said yourselves, blue is like a test server and for me that is in the same vein as Basilisk is for SWG EMU. It should be 100% independent of whatever Green does.

What happened to ...

#nochanges
#classic

#nochanges/#classic is Green, and the devs have been very clear about that for a very long time.

Blue has always been unclassic (or at least, imperfect classic), and it always will be. Once the devs have finished realizing their decade-long ambition to re-create real classic, I think it's selfish for anyone to say "you just spent a decade re-creating The Vision, and now have an almost perfect re-creation of it ... but you're not allowed to even try and expand a little on that 'Vision' you just spent a decade remaking ... on the old beta server, which has no reason to even exist now that the perfect Vision server is done".

Look, I have a toon on Basilisk just like I have a toon here (SWG was a great game ... although I haven't played him in forever). I wasn't even aware of any transfer policies one way or another there, and on both servers it literally does not matter to me if some players I will almost certainly never even interact with have some item I can't get that doesn't really matter (eg. a Guise).

It does suck to see someone with a BFG, elder beads, or mana orb, but you can still get all that if you really want. And again, Green will help with that: if you were bitter about your Blue character never getting a mana orb, Green increases their chances of acquiring one (not just five years from now, but even now the prices are likely lower as a result of Green's announcement). On the other hand, if it ruins your fun that some guy will be able to solo his cleric by mana orbing somewhere (in old world zones only) on Blue, in five years, because of Green ... why?

What I care about is having fun playing an old game (EQ or SWG). We're about to have two ways to do that here now: that's great for everyone, all around.

Fammaden
10-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Anxiously awaiting news of a beta test.

Lojik
10-07-2019, 11:40 AM
Anxiously awaiting news of a beta test.

You mean...blue?

Fammaden
10-07-2019, 11:41 AM
You mean...blue?

I mean:

Beta Server
We intend to hold a brief Public Beta as soon as the hardware is in place for the Green server.

Deathrydar
10-07-2019, 11:46 AM
One of the devs said in Discord on Saturday that the parts came in for the beta server, Rogean just needs to set it it up.

loramin
10-07-2019, 12:16 PM
One of the devs said in Discord on Saturday that the parts came in for the beta server, Rogean just needs to set it it up.

https://i.imgur.com/zdIlkQth.jpg

Don't forget to donate foks!