PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Poopsocks Required

NegaStoat
04-26-2019, 01:44 AM
Green in October, 2019. So. What exactly is anyone's loot REALLY worth on blue server now?

derpcake2
04-26-2019, 01:47 AM
Red has been dead for several years, doesn't prevent some people from clinging to their pixels.

The illness is severe, don't underestimate it.

Jauna
04-26-2019, 01:51 AM
"fresh" people to p99 might head to green
but once people spend time away from their pixels and realize how slow new vanilla really is or how clogged the exp highway is going to be they will come back
then the hardcore of the hardcore will stay on green and blahblahblah

go make a new alt right now with zero twinking, no dap, no drop transfering a couple of gems or even a suit of banded armor. its not fun as you might think you do is, but it aint

Fifield
04-26-2019, 01:54 AM
Which guild will be the first guild to declare they are going to green?

Jauna
04-26-2019, 01:54 AM
oh fuck and the lines for epics

Daloon
04-26-2019, 02:08 AM
oh fuck and the lines for epics
Lines for epics.. discontinued items.. VP key, just to merge back with Blue in 2 years? Sounds like a headache but we need more information first.

Jauna
04-26-2019, 02:09 AM
well unless the devs decide to nuke blue. i recall them saying they will never reset p99 but they never said anything about downright blasting the fuck out of it so people will play green to truely really ultraly re-re-relive the classic experience.

I mean can you imagine trying to police two different servers?

Supreme
04-26-2019, 02:15 AM
I will play Green. P99 was great when it first opened. Granted there were only 150-200 people during Prime Time but still it was a lot of fun.

Not_Mikeo
04-26-2019, 02:27 AM
It's going to be disgusting. Imagine all the scumbag fuckery that currently goes on on blue, now cram it into two less continents with people needing mana stones and guises to justify their shit existences.

Lazie1
04-26-2019, 02:46 AM
So all the casual players get locked out of pixels all over again ? Interesting.

I Felt Nostalgic
04-26-2019, 03:25 AM
Please let me sock good shit with you guys since I missed all the cool shit in the past.

Fifield
04-26-2019, 03:33 AM
needing mana stones and guises to justify their shit existences.

woah eeeasy buddy

DMN
04-26-2019, 04:01 AM
Put those cookies back, motherfucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7nhVkwfdw

Jauna
04-26-2019, 04:05 AM
I can see it now, if the green/blue merge after greens velious will happen there will be loot right selling for blue currency, either in shout or in backroom discords.

Hope you been attacking high priority targets and saving scales, epics and whatnot on blue so you can get a guise on green which will probably merged into blue.

holy shit what if people are selling ntov lootrights to people so they can have lootrights on green and since server merging will cause naming and renaming issues someone can make a level 1 on green the same name they looted the stuff on blue and the blue will get flagged for a rename and bam free loot

Jauna
04-26-2019, 04:16 AM
Take the current spergitude of the current playerbase.
Pond and GY fighting over canyon mobs and then a super twink warrior moves into canyon causing even more fights
people forgetting on how small solb really is
highkeep goblin waitlists
a 6 man group at every south karana spire, and every treant
i dont even wanna think about crushbone and blackburrow
40+ people in CoM and no raids going on
people spamming "book not up" when casually raiding hate and the book is actually not up
people
leapfrog
You think there are going to be people in runnyeye WILLINGLY?!

While I might be the only Doomposter about this so far.. whew its ganna be a total shitshow.

Regards, an old bertox player

Swish2
04-26-2019, 05:30 AM
"My platinum stash is more important than your enjoyment"

Jauna
04-26-2019, 05:52 AM
"My platinum stash is more important than your enjoyment"

Well yeah. Right now I feel like I am between two armies of people and the incoming gunfight will be offers.

I mean.. 100k blue plat for a guise lootright on green is not that farfetched. Well.. unless inner circle cartels form to either:
1.) sacrificial lamb train the group while another moves in claiming its classic, while trainer is punished the other group can stay
2.) shady passing of camp to friends/guilds only (current idol status)
3.) an entire guild working together to get the fuck in there at level 25-30 with a raid force to plant the seeds of perma campedness. I can see a guild banding together to buy some combine magic weaps for dps or even mages summoning magic weapons to get this going

You all forget that this server sees 500-1000 people regularly and those vanilla zones are not meant for a mass amount of people

Champion_Standing
04-26-2019, 06:15 AM
RnF gonna be great

Champion_Standing
04-26-2019, 06:35 AM
I can see it now, if the green/blue merge after greens velious will happen there will be loot right selling for blue currency, either in shout or in backroom discords.

The merge seems more like their alternative in place if they ever decide to wipe green and start a new progression server up. I wouldn't get too excited about it. The staff probably won't be in too big of a rush to get another one going after the endless stream of petitions coming from the blue raid scene and the green server. You're in for a real long game if you plan on stashing manastones to sell back on blue.

Fammaden
04-26-2019, 06:57 AM
Pond and GY fighting over canyon mobs and then a super twink warrior moves into canyon causing even more fights
people spamming "book not up" when casually raiding hate and the book is actually not up
people
leapfrog

While I might be the only Doomposter about this so far.. whew its ganna be a total shitshow.

When everyone's in shit tier gear for the first eight months I welcome a slower meta.

People are used to chain pulling the entire first floor of unrest with your drive by HB/Naltrons/POTG and half the group wearing hundreds of +HP/Mana at level 17. When you're in cloth and rawhide you'll need time to deal with pops and actually med and recover. Overpopulation MAY but a thing but so will undergearing. Highkeep gobs being three camps again could be a thing.

I think high value solo camps are going to be a shitshow no matter what, but if you're just looking to dick around in pick up groups or with your guildies then the experience you describe is classic and also somewhat beneficial without all the gear we've gotten used to.

DromalPhrenia
04-26-2019, 09:25 AM
Not every class is gear dependent

Jimjam
04-26-2019, 09:50 AM
I might roll a wizard. Laugh at rogues with their tarnished spears.

PieOats
04-26-2019, 10:27 AM
its not fun as you might think you do is, but it aint

classic Jaunaian. fresh, inervative, linguistic adaptation.

keep poasting, pal.

Wonkie
04-26-2019, 10:37 AM
people
leapfrog

so you're saying it's gonna be classic? :p

Danth
04-26-2019, 11:43 AM
Lines for epics.. discontinued items.. VP key, just to merge back with Blue in 2 years? Sounds like a headache but we need more information first.

I had thoughts about that awhile ago. Having already done that stuff either on Live or on P1999 already, I think it's best to skip such things on P99-redo. Get by with ordinary, easily-available equipment, skip the long camps, and simply enjoy the game for its own sake. Even the probable overcrowding will present a new sort of challenge. We didn't have that when P99 originally opened.

Danth

7thGate
04-26-2019, 12:56 PM
"fresh" people to p99 might head to green
but once people spend time away from their pixels and realize how slow new vanilla really is or how clogged the exp highway is going to be they will come back
then the hardcore of the hardcore will stay on green and blahblahblah

go make a new alt right now with zero twinking, no dap, no drop transfering a couple of gems or even a suit of banded armor. its not fun as you might think you do is, but it aint

It's actually pretty fun. I mean, I did the whole trip from 1 to 50 that way on a rogue. I walked everywhere, took boats, saw the sights. Some grouping with twink groups, since there isn't sufficient population inside ALS at low levels to continually form up guild groups, but also plenty of all guild raids on Najena, Befallen, Permafrost. Half my 40's was basically guild groups crawling Kedge.

No Iksar Berserker Club or Blackened Alloy does shift things from the current ALS leveling meta, but not by enormous amounts. The racial blacksmithing also comes in later, right? That's a moderately big change too. Overall though, I'm pretty sure I'll feel at home starting out on green.

aaezil
04-26-2019, 02:24 PM
people
leapfrog

mad and/or bad at everquest

Ennewi
04-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Imagine earthquakes happening simultaneously on both servers.

gutterbrain
04-26-2019, 03:50 PM
How long until we can figure out how to train permafrost indefinitely for fte footrace pulls on Vox?

Or will it be a COTH piggy back into her lair every time a guild starts to clear ice giants?

Oleris
04-26-2019, 04:13 PM
How long until we can figure out how to train permafrost indefinitely for fte footrace pulls on Vox?

Or will it be a COTH piggy back into her lair every time a guild starts to clear ice giants?

no coth until kunark.

branamil
04-26-2019, 04:35 PM
It's kinda cool people can get a shot at unique items that dont drop anymore

On the other hand I dont want to argue with unemployed people for 3 weeks to get a spot in the camp

ZiggyTheMuss
04-26-2019, 04:50 PM
On the other hand I dont want to argue with unemployed people for 3 weeks to get a spot in the camp

Unfortunately, thats exactly what will happen. I don't think any of us casuals will get a shot at any of that stuff. I'm ok with it really. A guise would be fun for fashion quest of course, I could give 2 shits about a manastone.

rezzie
04-26-2019, 04:57 PM
Just make them drop again on blue. If the retired items are going to be merged back to blue anyway, might as well just have em drop again.

Thugnuts
04-26-2019, 07:21 PM
It's going to be disgusting. Imagine all the scumbag fuckery that currently goes on on blue, now cram it into two less continents with people needing mana stones and guises to justify their shit existences.

Based and EQ pilled.

kaizersoze
04-26-2019, 09:51 PM
Unpopular opinion, leave all the discontinued items out of green entirely. No mana stones. No guises. Especially if it will merge.

DMN
04-26-2019, 10:30 PM
One idea might be to make guise/manastone common drop and make the mana stone no drop.

DMN
04-26-2019, 10:34 PM
And once the manastones are removed from the game, remove the no drop tag.

Nexii
04-26-2019, 10:42 PM
Unpopular opinion, leave all the discontinued items out of green entirely. No mana stones. No guises. Especially if it will merge.

I agree with this. IMO the devs would have rather those items never existed, but didn't want to punish players who had farmed them.

Jauna
04-26-2019, 11:30 PM
as bad as some things will be, lots of NOT CLASSIC stuff being suggested

Wonkie
04-26-2019, 11:37 PM
as bad as some things will be, lots of NOT CLASSIC stuff being suggested

gawrsh jauna, guess we gotta stay on blue with you and all your smelly alts

jk ima do it classic:cool:

k9quaint
04-26-2019, 11:45 PM
Make it green, but starting at Luclin.
Revenge for every lawyerquest petition filed in the last 10 years. :D

Jimjam
04-27-2019, 02:22 AM
Make it invite only...

shuklak
04-27-2019, 07:27 AM
Put in banestrikes too

kempoguy80
04-27-2019, 07:54 AM
Make it so the first 100 people that log in get 1 of every pre nerfed item

derpcake2
04-27-2019, 08:09 AM
surprise wipe the server after 3 weeks

Swish2
04-27-2019, 08:34 AM
Well yeah. Right now I feel like I am between two armies of people and the incoming gunfight will be offers.

I mean.. 100k blue plat for a guise lootright on green is not that farfetched.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but cross-server trading has been banned.

Nukehard
04-27-2019, 02:12 PM
Hoop to loot 2020

Fammaden
04-28-2019, 03:04 PM
I agree with this. IMO the devs would have rather those items never existed, but didn't want to punish players who had farmed them.

Absolutely. The removal of the items was an implicit admission by the original team that they never should have existed, and if they had it to do over they wouldn't have been introduced. P99 has a chance here to make the right decision from day one, but I suspect their vision is still to mimic the original timeline exactly again, manastones and all.

shuklak
04-28-2019, 04:41 PM
Absolutely. The removal of the items was an implicit admission by the original team that they never should have existed, and if they had it to do over they wouldn't have been introduced. P99 has a chance here to make the right decision from day one, but I suspect their vision is still to mimic the original timeline exactly again, manastones and all.those items add an allure to the game.

Did a dev really think mana stone was a mistake or did they actually just make it a sought after limited time prize that would make people crazy?

Its not line the early devs were clueless like eqlive today.

Those items were well thought out "oops."

Danth
04-28-2019, 04:55 PM
those items add an allure to the game.

Did a dev really think mana stone was a mistake or did they actually just make it a sought after limited time prize that would make people crazy?

Its not line the early devs were clueless like eqlive today.

Those items were well thought out "oops."

They thought manastone was a mistake. They said so themselves. Feel free to scour the internet for the relevant quotes if you want. Some other removed items, like rubicite, wasn't necessarily viewed as a mistake. Rubicite was removed because it was seen as placeholder equipment to begin with, coupled with a bit of laziness in the form of simply cut-and-paste replacing its positions in the CT drop tables with Ravenscale. Again the quotes are out there, somewhere, if you want to spend an afternoon searching. I don't feel like it because in the end it doesn't matter enough. What happened, happened.

No, the early devs weren't clueless like the modern devs. They were a heck of a lot more clueless. The game's success was nothing more than a happy accident that the company could neither understand nor replicate.

-----------------------------------------

Insofar as any of that pertains to P99, project management has always been adamant that it wants to create the entire 1999-2001 timeline, for good or ill. That's an extremist mindset, but I figure it'd take an extremist--an outright fanatic, even--to spend this kind of time working on something like this. I wouldn't take their same approach, but I never would have made this at all.

Danth