PDA

View Full Version : Server assholes

aaezil
04-07-2019, 08:36 AM
“As usual, we encourage guilds to work together on raid target selections. Leapfrogging, while technically not against the rules, is still an asshole move.”

Oh so you mean every single time i’m after a raid mob and theres 200 aftermath in zone as well? Got it... assholes.

Viscere
04-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Inb4 bann for bashing staff.

Jayzeus
04-07-2019, 08:40 AM
New changes just happened and AM already breaking them before they even in ToV eh? Amazing stuff aaezil.

aaezil
04-07-2019, 08:44 AM
New changes just happened and AM already breaking them before they even in ToV eh? Amazing stuff aaezil.

Been leapfrogged by this guild for five years idiot

Jayzeus
04-07-2019, 08:48 AM
Been leapfrogged by this guild for five years idiot

Ah yes, mad cuz bad

aaezil
04-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Ah yes, mad cuz bad

Ok mr nobody!

Jayzeus
04-07-2019, 08:51 AM
Your forum prowess is unmatched.

topgun1027
04-07-2019, 09:46 AM

Where are these changes ? Looked didn't see anything posted.

Jayzeus
04-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Where are these changes ? Looked didn't see anything posted.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321978

DetroitVelvetSmooth
04-07-2019, 11:58 AM
why is everyone calling tmo aftermath sry been gone a while

Daloon
04-07-2019, 12:13 PM
It's a competitive server, so if you don't like it, try Coirnav.

ajohnymous
04-07-2019, 12:49 PM

Fuck off Dannyl your own guild doesn’t even like you.

Barcelona
04-07-2019, 12:54 PM
Being a filthy sinner, I heard this on my Sunday morning, and thought of all the scummy hardcore raiders, i.e. TMO/Aftermath, AG etc

They have become callous ... greedy to practice every kind of impurity.

Ephesians 4:19 ESV (The Bible - English Standard Version)

Carry on

ghimmhala
04-08-2019, 03:08 AM

Salt

ajohnymous
04-08-2019, 03:23 AM
Salt

I mean they don’t, his nickname is Dannyl the Douche.

Dirkus
04-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Sorry you didn't get ToV loot.

ReadOnly
04-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Honestly, that's on the guides at this point. They specifically call out that leap frogging is allowed. Of course people are going to do it. Binding at raid mobs is an asshole move too but guess what, they banned it. Who knew that actually banning asshole moves was a good idea??

aaezil
04-08-2019, 11:58 AM

Cute. I didnt say it was an asshole movs though, Rogean diid!

Run along now

Chardy
04-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Aftermath and Kittens teamed up to split twins and trips to avoid leapfrogging and perpetual wiping.

AG trained AM with flurries during a botched Koi attempt.

Kittens got more Ntov kills than AG.

AG did get AoW with 135 man zerg! Welcome to the AoW club!

OP is a salty cunt.

meh.

Rizzle
04-08-2019, 12:55 PM
Anyone who thinks AG isn't as much of a zerg as AM is delusional

DromalPhrenia
04-08-2019, 04:30 PM
It was fun coming to an agreement with Kittens and cheering on their kill before moving on to ours, A+ would do again

A very smart person from a guild that shall remain unnamed jumped to tell everyone he could that AM leapfrogged Kittens, which would probably come as a big surprise to Kittens :p

beargryllz
04-08-2019, 06:06 PM

I would buy a plane ticket, fly across the country, saw my own legs off, and crawl across the floor to drink Dannyl's spilled bongwater

You know nothing, nerd

imsorryGMs
04-08-2019, 06:37 PM
I would buy a plane ticket, fly across the country, saw my own legs off, and crawl across the floor to drink Dannyl's spilled bongwater

You know nothing, nerd

Danny once told me that he's pretty much above smoking weed and only eats edibles.

xplit871
04-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Aftermath and Kittens teamed up to split twins and trips to avoid leapfrogging and perpetual wiping.

OP is a salty cunt.

meh.

107 isnt quite 135 but I guess your math skills might be slightly off.

Fifield
04-08-2019, 07:21 PM
regardless killing solo AoW is a nice feat, good job AG

planarity
04-08-2019, 07:31 PM

OP is a salty cunt.

meh.

Well, the day started out with AM leapfrogging Core for doze. I'm not going out of my way to complain about it because it's apparently within the rules, but let's not pretend AM didn't leapfrog.

Mead
04-08-2019, 08:44 PM
filed under I should get some sun

Endonde
04-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Well, the day started out with AM leapfrogging Core for doze. I'm not going out of my way to complain about it because it's apparently within the rules, but let's not pretend AM didn't leapfrog.

Now friend lets be honest with each other, what do you expect to happen? Do we turn every dragon into an FTE race of trash pulls? First guild to pull a drake gets to lay claim to a dragon?

In a non earthquake setting if a dragon pops and no other dragons are up how do we expect 2 guilds to race each other to that dragon without some form of leapfrogging?

Vianna
04-08-2019, 09:02 PM

Leapfrog ? You killed 2 mobs in HoT. AM cleared 3 and Doze. Get better at the game.

planarity
04-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Leapfrog ? You killed 2 mobs in HoT. AM cleared 3 and Doze. Get better at the game.

Yes, leapfrog.

Look, no need to get defensive. leapfrogging is gonna happen with these rules, let's just not pretend AM doesn't do it. That was the post I was responding to.

You guys had like 3x the numbers we did. You used that advantage well. What was your personal role, Vianna? Were you leading the raid?

Nexii
04-08-2019, 10:40 PM
AM's play on Doze was a risky one, we essentially gave up a guaranteed Statue+AOW for it (as we were already in Kael). On a quake leapfrogging comes with a big opportunity cost.

On a natural repop, less so. But I doubt guilds are going to want to clear NTOV trash all day. Something is going to shake out, same with POG. No one will want to clear 4-8 hours of trash to potentially get nothing

Daloon
04-08-2019, 10:46 PM
It's not leapfrogging when 397 people are zoning into ToV at roughly the same time, rushing for targets minutes into an earthquake, sorry.

397 people...same zone... repop...

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Don't get me started on Tunare agreements. I don't stick around on P99 to rotate mobs or be disqualified from next weeks' elf pixels. This server has and always will be about competition and the server should play itself out instead of trying to solve temporary issues that attrition would quickly solve.

Daloon
04-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Well, the day started out with AM leapfrogging Core
Coulda sworn it started with your monks trying to pull KT despite our entire raid force at zone in ready for the pull. :eek:

Wonkie
04-08-2019, 11:28 PM
This server has and always will be about competition

Actually, it's a PVE server. it's not about competition at all.

DromalPhrenia
04-08-2019, 11:38 PM
Actually, it's a PVE server. it's not about competition at all.

Finite resources means it absolutely is about competition.

Instanced MMOs are not about competition, although some people will still want bragging rights for server-firsts or whatever. But if you and I want the same loot at the same time, we have to compete for it in some way, shape or form.

Wonkie
04-08-2019, 11:41 PM
Finite resources means it absolutely is about competition.

Instanced MMOs are not about competition, although some people will still want bragging rights for server-firsts or whatever. But if you and I want the same loot at the same time, we have to compete for it in some way, shape or form.

it just seems like a weird dickwaving contest invented by awful nerds who are too scared to actually compete against other players via PvP

DromalPhrenia
04-08-2019, 11:55 PM
it just seems like a weird dickwaving contest invented by awful nerds who are too scared to actually compete against other players via PvP

i dont enjoy EQ pvp. but then i also don't care much about competition in PVE either, I just want to kill dragons with my friends and hopefully get good dragon pixels

Wonkie
04-09-2019, 12:02 AM
i dont enjoy EQ pvp. but then i also don't care much about competition in PVE either, I just want to kill dragons with my friends and hopefully get good dragon pixels

PvE just means competing with the computer. Go play Mario for that.

Francois
04-09-2019, 04:35 AM
Coulda sworn it started with your monks trying to pull KT despite our entire raid force at zone in ready for the pull. :eek:

You have a video to show us Danny?

I was the first Core in the zone. I stood at 4 way. We were ready to pull if we got the numbers. We didn't, so we didn't pull. What exactly did you have an issue with?

I have some video of it, but all it shows is AM exploiting pathing to kite guards.

Sadiki
04-09-2019, 04:49 AM
This server has and always will be about competition
People still think this counts as competition? And that EQ is a game suited to competition? Versus, say, one of the hundreds of other actually competitive and skill based games?

Lordy lord.

Pint
04-09-2019, 08:34 AM
People still think this counts as competition? And that EQ is a game suited to competition? Versus, say, one of the hundreds of other actually competitive and skill based games?

Lordy lord.

i always assume the ppl rabid about competition on this box are wearing helmets and eating crayons irl, which tbf fits the player base of the box pretty well

Detoxx
04-09-2019, 09:00 AM
We had a raid force ready to pull KT and you were ready to leapfrog and pull KT as soon as you could muster more than 7 people. That is the definition of leapfrogging. If you think it wont happen with these rule sets by every single guild that competes, you're blind.

I take for example what happened last night. As soon as AM formed up to start clearing for vyemm and vulak 100 core and AG logged in. Not before we started, after. Again, leapfrogging. You'll do it, well do it and just wait until mobs spawn alone...there is literally no other way to compete on mobs aside from leapfrogging.

LazyHydras
04-09-2019, 09:03 AM
I like turtles.

Aadill
04-09-2019, 09:04 AM
I'm concerned we haven't seen a consider red post for a while.

tombombadilo21
04-09-2019, 09:16 AM
I take for example what happened last night. As soon as AM formed up to start clearing for vyemm and vulak 100 core and AG logged in. Not before we started, after. Again, leapfrogging.

Ahhhh, so both of the dragons belong to you if you start clearing towards one. Now we all understand. This should make things easier.

Francois
04-09-2019, 09:26 AM
We had a raid force ready to pull KT and you were ready to leapfrog and pull KT as soon as you could muster more than 7 people. That is the definition of leapfrogging. If you think it wont happen with these rule sets by every single guild that competes, you're blind.

I take for example what happened last night. As soon as AM formed up to start clearing for vyemm and vulak 100 core and AG logged in. Not before we started, after. Again, leapfrogging. You'll do it, well do it and just wait until mobs spawn alone...there is literally no other way to compete on mobs aside from leapfrogging.

Maybe we just have different definitions of leapfrogging?

Mine is that you clear to a mob and someone comes in at the last moment, runs past your raid and engages the target. As in what happened at Doze.

Yours seems to be quite a bit more broad.

Logging in and moving to Vulak while you move to Vyemm can be seen as leapfrogging if you consider them to be one target. I understand how you can feel that way, but I consider them separate.

Scouting to see if KT would be possible and abandoning it when another guild is already there in force...I don't know how you can justify calling that leapfrogging.

It wouldn't kill anyone to take responsibility for the bad decisions they make. Instead of admitting mistakes, people are choosing to accuse others for the very things they're guilty of. For example, someone says "AM is a zerg" then right away someone says something like...

"Detoxx Today at 12:47 PM
pretty funny considering ag had what 130? last repop. we aint the only zerg in town".

DromalPhrenia
04-09-2019, 09:40 AM
I used to think "Zerg" was a dumb insult because the Zerg were cool, but then SC2 happened and now I don't want to be reminded of zergs. I propose we switch to "orks"

Detoxx
04-09-2019, 10:51 AM

Mine is that you clear to a mob and someone comes in at the last moment, runs past your raid and engages the target. As in what happened at Doze.

Logging in and moving to Vulak while you move to Vyemm can be seen as leapfrogging if you consider them to be one target. I understand how you can feel that way, but I consider them separate.

Scouting to see if KT would be possible and abandoning it when another guild is already there in force...I don't know how you can justify calling that leapfrogging.

It wouldn't kill anyone to take responsibility for the bad decisions they make. Instead of admitting mistakes, people are choosing to accuse others for the very things they're guilty of. For example, someone says "AM is a zerg" then right away someone says something like...

pretty funny considering ag had what 130? last repop. we aint the only zerg in town".

Never once denied. I'm simply pointing out you arent above it as you've shown at Tunare yesterday which, sniping a 6 hour clear, is a whole different level than someone who killed 2 trash mobs. I'm simply pointing out every guild will do it, including yours.

Molitoth
04-09-2019, 10:56 AM

:D:D:D

Vianna
04-09-2019, 10:56 AM

What mob were you clearing to last night ? A Vulak that you couldn't fight ? You and your guild made no attempts to clear to or kill the roadblock to Vulak. You simply sat and waited until another guild did so you could "leapfrog" to Vulak. Your guild even went so far as to try to trivialize the Vulak fight by racing to clear his guards before the opposing force killed Vyemm. Francois is a leapfrogger. Confirmed.

Vianna
04-09-2019, 10:58 AM
You have a video to show us Danny?

I was the first Core in the zone. I stood at 4 way. We were ready to pull if we got the numbers. We didn't, so we didn't pull. What exactly did you have an issue with?

I have some video of it, but all it shows is AM exploiting pathing to kite guards.

Should have told your pullers then. They were making a sprint to his room.

DromalPhrenia
04-09-2019, 11:00 AM
I threatened to destroy Franswa, and he implored me to do so. So instead I will let him live, and suffer. That's what you get for being able to be a gnome bard when I can't.

Also you can be a gnome bard and sometimes you choose not to be and WTF who even does that, god I hate you so much!

Pint
04-09-2019, 03:38 PM

Too soon

feniin
04-09-2019, 03:40 PM
I feel like AM is mostly good people that are saddled with assholes like Dannyl and Vianna. Nexii seems chill AF.

Hotel
04-09-2019, 03:54 PM
I feel like AM is mostly good people that are saddled with assholes like Dannyl and Vianna. Nexii seems chill AF.

Our members are just free to be who they are with minimal consequences so we have a diverse range of behavior.

Like everyone knows Danny is an asshole, but he's our asshole.

DromalPhrenia
04-09-2019, 04:23 PM
AM is full of mean people actually, they're all deranged and cruel. They bid DKP on loot I want and then make fraps videos of them destroying it.

Fifield
04-09-2019, 05:01 PM
I remember getting into ToV , clearing fesh or kreizenn's guards i cant remember, once we had the guards dead Rampage aggro'd vulak pulling the dragon in for them.

Totally sniped it from under us, sucked, but guess what? Thats competitive EQ. Win and Lose.

Leapfrogs gonna happen. This has been happening for a very very long time your just now getting a taste of it as a raid. As long as the engage is clean, and all adds are kept under control and not trained on the guild getting leapfrogged. I dont see a problem with it, but then again, maybe im the asshole =D

Endonde
04-09-2019, 05:08 PM
I remember getting into ToV , clearing fesh or kreizenn's guards i cant remember, once we had the guards dead Rampage aggro'd vulak pulling the dragon in for them.

Totally sniped it from under us, sucked, but guess what? Thats competitive EQ. Win and Lose.

Leapfrogs gonna happen. This has been happening for a very very long time your just now getting a taste of it as a raid. As long as the engage is clean, and all adds are kept under control and not trained on the guild getting leapfrogged. I dont see a problem with it, but then again, maybe im the asshole =D

It was Kreizenn, and you guys took like 2-3 hours to clear from Aary to Kreizenn so we killed other dragons knowing that you guys werent close to killing Kreizenn. Then when you got close we just pulled Kreizenn up to Trips.

Not sure I would consider that leap frogging since both guilds were on opposite sides of the dragon, was just Rampage pullers being a lot better than Forsaken's and not needing an hour to split mobs. The salt that came from that was hilarious though.

Uuruk
04-09-2019, 05:10 PM
Imagine still crying over pixels in 2019 on a mob you have killed god knows how many times.

Francois
04-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Should have told your pullers then. They were making a sprint to his room.

Our puller had a pet under KT long before AM's team was there. You must have got spooked by a monk running around.

Francois
04-09-2019, 05:29 PM
I thought you guys would like this video if you're feeling any anger towards me.

You get to see me die and you get to hear Falamin ramble.

https://youtu.be/HzI4dz0TZ4k

Vianna
04-09-2019, 05:35 PM
I thought you guys would like this video if you're feeling any anger towards me.

I don't think anyone is angry at you. Your definition of Leapfrog is just funny. It seems invented just for when things go against you.

Endonde
04-09-2019, 05:35 PM

Can you sing me a song instead?

Vianna
04-09-2019, 05:37 PM
It was Kreizenn, and you guys took like 2-3 hours to clear from Aary to Kreizenn so we killed other dragons knowing that you guys werent close to killing Kreizenn. Then when you got close we just pulled Kreizenn up to Trips.

Not sure I would consider that leap frogging since both guilds were on opposite sides of the dragon, was just Rampage pullers being a lot better than Forsaken's and not needing an hour to split mobs. The salt that came from that was hilarious though.

Rampage had good pullers but Fifield wasn't in Forsaken then. He was in Taken. And using Vulak to pull the other Dragons didn't take skill. It took throwing a jav at Vulak and hitting FD

Fifield
04-09-2019, 05:43 PM
Rampage had good pullers but Fifield wasn't in Forsaken then. He was in Taken. And using Vulak to pull the other Dragons didn't take skill. It took throwing a jav at Vulak and hitting FD

Meh regardless of what kind of skill it took, it was clever and it won them the dragon.

Its just an example, i guess its not the exact same as a leapfrog, but its the same end result, someone killed the dragon after you cleared to it.

Its going to take coordination and multiple chains on different tanks to engage these dragons with multiple mobs up. Whichever guild can do it the best will win the dragon. regardless of who clears.

It will be fun , I am really going to miss dragon pulling, it was a fun era, but this new era you feel like your playing EQ more then the version of p99eq we played before.

Francois
04-09-2019, 06:05 PM
I don't think anyone is angry at you. Your definition of Leapfrog is just funny. It seems invented just for when things go against you.

I can see your case for Vulak/Vyemm being one unit. I disagree with it, but that doesn't really matter because I no longer feel that I nor anyone else owes AM the courtesy, we now know it won't be extended to us.

As for KT. Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/T5Jjk7JVc2w

I know that it would have been convenient if it was Core that leapfrogged first.

Sometimes the guild you're a part of makes mistakes or does something they might regret. It's OK to acknowledge those mistakes instead of trying to pass the blame.

Oleris
04-09-2019, 06:08 PM
I can see your case for Vulak/Vyemm being one unit. I disagree with it, but that doesn't really matter because I no longer feel that I nor anyone else owes AM the courtesy, we now know it won't be extended to us.

As for KT. Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/T5Jjk7JVc2w

I know that it would have been convenient if it was Core that leapfrogged first.

Sometimes the guild you're a part of makes mistakes or does something they might regret. It's OK to acknowledge those mistakes instead of trying to pass the blame.

Here's my fraps

https://youtu.be/6n3pFFPSlW4

DromalPhrenia
04-09-2019, 06:19 PM

I saw you weren't in gnome form and I turned it off. Get fucked. GET. FUCKED. FRANZ. WAH.

Francois
04-09-2019, 06:32 PM
I saw you weren't in gnome form and I turned it off. Get fucked. GET. FUCKED. FRANZ. WAH.

I'm really confused. I was a gnome. Check again.

https://youtu.be/DGUngoxVf6I

Daloon
04-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Here's my fraps

https://youtu.be/6n3pFFPSlW4

What exactly is this suppose to show that we dont already know? We know you guys were running up. We were also in zone in masse long before you.

Daloon
04-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Meant to quote Franswas vid

Endonde
04-09-2019, 06:42 PM
What exactly is this suppose to show that we dont already know? We know you guys were running up. We were also in zone in masse long before you.

Put down the edibles, and use some critical thinking I have faith in you to solve this one.

Daloon
04-09-2019, 07:14 PM
Put down the edibles, and use some critical thinking I have faith in you to solve this one.
Continue to stay irrelevant

Mistle
04-09-2019, 07:32 PM
It's "en masse" you dolt.

DromalPhrenia
04-09-2019, 08:15 PM
I'm really confused. I was a gnome. Check again.

https://youtu.be/DGUngoxVf6I

wat in th world??? :eek:

i rescind my "GET. FUCKED." for now. We shall see if it returns.

Daloon
04-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Teach your guild the diff between your/you're before trying to throw shade.

Pyrrhica
04-09-2019, 08:57 PM
"Relevant"

LMAO

Phenyo
04-09-2019, 09:05 PM

Only post worth reading. The game is not a hand holding happy feel good pixels for all communism simulator, there are winners and losers. If you don't want to be the latter it's time to harden up a bit.

Kazik
04-10-2019, 04:05 AM

That dude too stoned to put a sentence together? I love it.

ZiggyTheMuss
04-10-2019, 04:53 PM

LOOOOOOOL!

Make sure you know what things mean and how they are spelled before parroting things you heard grown-ups say you fucking retard.

Zekayy
04-11-2019, 07:23 PM
“As usual, we encourage guilds to work together on raid target selections. Leapfrogging, while technically not against the rules, is still an asshole move.”

Oh so you mean every single time i’m after a raid mob and theres 200 aftermath in zone as well? Got it... assholes.

why are you upset? theres nothing in the rules that says 200 people kill a dragon

kotton05
04-11-2019, 07:55 PM
why are you upset? theres nothing in the rules that says 200 people kill a dragon

Well this is the land of unwritten rules. I’d like you to prove this.

Jauna
04-11-2019, 11:55 PM
Why the fuck do some threads make more sense if you read them backwards?