PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Charm on Fleeing Mobs

Aksiom2k
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
In sebilis, at Guardian camp, my group is beating down some Dar Knights. It gets down to about 3-5% and starts fleeing toward Disco 1. In an attempt to reign the mob in and bring it back to the group I start singing Solon's Bewitching Bravura and it lands on the fleeing dar knight but the dar knight keeps fleeing and wont react to pet commands. So of course my newly acquired pet proceeds to agro everything on the way to Disco 1 during the duration of the charm and wipes my group.

Bugged? Working as intended?

DoucLangur
04-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Sounds like a fun way to pull a huge train ^^

Blingx
04-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I have no evidence other than my own experience, however I remember having the same idea, with the same outcome, in a different zone(of course) on Live long ago.
This happened both as a chanter and a bard.

Charm a fleeing mob, mob keeps fleeing. Although, even if the mobs hp ticked above the "Flee" threshold then you would still have to break charm first before it would come back. iirc~

Daldaen
04-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Yea I camp out for a minute let the mob regen to full and log back in. Did this several times yesterday with Dinus at Raptors in TD.

jjgerman
10-05-2011, 03:36 PM
mobs should not flee when charmed, and yea they are currently on red 99

nilbog
01-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Charm a fleeing mob, mob keeps fleeing.

This is the way it should work.

The question I have is:
Although, even if the mobs hp ticked above the "Flee" threshold then you would still have to break charm first before it would come back. Should they stop fleeing once non-flee hp threshold is reached?

mobs should not flee when charmed, and yea they are currently on red 99

Not in my experience. Charmed a puma, attacked a desert madman. Puma fought until death.