PDA

View Full Version : A very interesting interaction with a cleric.....

Darkwar
04-04-2019, 02:03 AM
Interesting story ahead

So me (lvl 42 wizzard) and my lvl 34 Enchanter buddy are camping dwarf quads in Butcherblock, when he pulls aggro from them accidentally by sitting close to their pathing, resulting in his death.

I send a tell to a lvl 58 cleric I saw earlier that day advertising 96% rezzes. He's pretty friendly at first and we conclude the service we requested from him. That's when interesting things start happening. Afterwards I ask if he'd like a port, to which he responded he'd like to go to skyfire. This Wizard is my first EQ character ever, but I had heard from my friend that got me into this game that the Skyfire wizard port location is terribly dangerous. As a show of goodwill I figured I may be able to outrun the mobs there since my same friend helped me get some Jboots, so I invised him and ported us. Long story short I manage to zone but die to a DOT and I later find out that the cleric also died.

I go and ask my friend from earlier who has a 51 druid if he can assist us with a safer druid port. He hops on gives us superior camo and a port. After we port in the Cleric from earlier goes linkdead so I figured he was just done with us and asked my same druid buddy if he can give me a rez on his cleric alt. After getting that sorted out I noticed that cleric who went linkdead is online again, so i asked him if he needed anymore assistance. After a few more interacting with him he starts to go on about how getting a cleric killed for a rez is either AFK exp farm or 1K platinum. I apologize and tell him that 1K platinum is most of my total savings at this point, but also as a show of good faith I'm willing to come to a compromise. I then state I was surprised Skyfire was where he wanted to go. He then claims that Skyfire was where I requested a rez. I tell him no, that port was the first time I'd ever been to Skyfire. He then apparently gets quite mad and says that he has the logs and is going to post it to faps, whatever that is becuase I've never heard of it. After that he is completely unresponsive to conversation.

I've got an edited version of the logs with all the miscellaneous tells from others deleted in the attachments for anyone who's interested.

aaezil
04-04-2019, 02:08 AM
Maybe he meant steamfont not skyfire? (Both are port to SF for short)

Darkwar
04-04-2019, 02:12 AM
That's true I hadn't considered that they have the same abbreviation, but I know that's not what he wanted, because he specifically stated "Invis and skyfire?" XD

indiscriminate_hater
04-04-2019, 02:30 AM
lol @ him trying to extort money from a 42 wizard

branamil
04-04-2019, 02:34 AM
[Thu Apr 04 00:22:11 2019] Srewop -> Skelrothar: seriously tho,i lost a week of exp. not good for me at all

Clerics can rez themselves... either extremely bad , or scam artist

DMN
04-04-2019, 06:45 AM
[Thu Apr 04 00:22:11 2019] Srewop -> Skelrothar: seriously tho,i lost a week of exp. not good for me at all

Clerics can rez themselves... either extremely bad , or scam artist

Maybe he is ultra casual.

shuklak
04-04-2019, 06:54 AM
To think this was a number of people's "gaming experience".

Quite fucking insane if you're at all reasonable.

Primordial Ooze
04-04-2019, 08:09 AM
I smell a RMT cleric account.
Seriously who asks for a wizzie sf port from a 44 wiz? Even if he was planning to DA his way thru he had to know that'd probably get his porter killed. You don't owe him shit.

zanderklocke
04-04-2019, 09:37 AM
[Thu Apr 04 00:57:16 2019] Srewop -> Skelrothar: i never went to BB. u asked for rez in SF. i have faps and am posting it

Mead
04-04-2019, 09:47 AM
I'm running faps as we speak

azeth
04-04-2019, 09:57 AM
In dudes defense, SF means Skyfire to me. I never see people abbreviate Steamfont to SF, they typically say Steam.

Mead
04-04-2019, 10:00 AM
In dudes defense, SF means Skyfire to me. I never see people abbreviate Steamfont to SF, they typically say Steam.

[Thu Apr 04 00:13:16 2019] Srewop -> Skelrothar: inviz n skyfire?

Mead
04-04-2019, 10:03 AM
cleric was on drugs and a dumbass

the common p99er

would have told him to go eat a bag of dicks and not created this thread

DMN
04-04-2019, 10:24 AM
cleric was on drugs and a dumbass

the common p99er

would have told him to go eat a bag of dicks and not created this thread

He got "faps" though.

Wonkie
04-04-2019, 10:25 AM
the game is less fun if you know every little thing about everything

azeth
04-04-2019, 10:29 AM

Thats the cleric /telling the OP. The cleric clearly interpreted SF as Skyfire, right.

bigjeff100
04-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Awww man.. Asgard too?! Noooooooooooooo!!!!

Fammaden
04-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Maybe he meant steamfont not skyfire? (Both are port to SF for short)

There's no wizard port to steamfont.

Jimjam
04-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Any idiot can level a cleric into the 50s, we shouldn't judge him so harshly because he got confused and then outraged.

tyrant49333
04-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Cleric confirmed Siryado alt

ReadOnly
04-04-2019, 01:43 PM
Wow, lot to unpack here.

Srewop, the 58 cleric, actually dropped his <Asgard> guild during this exchange to join <Dial a Rez>.
Srewop -> OP: "i never went to BB. u asked for rez in SF."
He literally was just in BB rezzing OPs friend, then asked for a "invis and Skyfire" port.
Srewop claimed a death and a 96% rez is a week's worth of XP. Also, that it's a "thing" to AFK powerlevel him if he dies, or give him 1kpp.
He also claims he was finding a necro to summon his corpse in SF. A corpse summon... In Skyfire...

kjs86z
04-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Cleric not up

Nirgon
04-04-2019, 03:07 PM
I love the skyfire wizard portal

LazyHydras
04-04-2019, 03:13 PM
Cleric confirmed Siryado alt

Yadont go there, buddy.

LazyHydras
04-04-2019, 03:21 PM
Cleric not up

Book not up.

24kanthony
04-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Sometimes I offer wizards a hefty tip to port me to skyfire. I won't even need to go there, but I offer them the money just to see if they'll do it.

Nibblewitz
04-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Tishan's Relocation is the only reason I carry a ring of shadows.

I Felt Nostalgic
04-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Man... I'm starting to think a large portion of the P99 community is on some kind of medication and when they neglect to take their meds they go all crazy and do stupid shit.

applesauce25r624
04-04-2019, 09:04 PM
lol @ paying 1k or whatever

stiff him

Brentcy
04-04-2019, 10:30 PM
That makes me laugh because I guessed who it was before I even saw his name. Saw him advertising in EC a while ago that he would come to you and rez, so when I died on my ranger in WL I shot him a tell. He couldn't understand that you need the WL tooth to port in, and then got angry at me when I wouldn't help him get it on my naked ranger. He was level 57 at the time...

bodenn
04-05-2019, 12:27 AM
sounds like the cleric bought a toon.

LazyHydras
04-05-2019, 09:44 AM
sounds like the cleric bought a toon.

RMT detected.

24kanthony
04-05-2019, 09:54 AM
I tried to get a res from this same cleric in skyshrine but after explaining that he should have CoV faction to do so, he wasn't sure about his faction status or getting to SS from CS and I decided it was probably better to find another cleric.

Troxx
04-05-2019, 09:58 AM
Smells like RMT

bigjeff100
04-05-2019, 10:15 AM
Hahaaaa i like where this thread is goin! BAN HAMMMMMAAAAAH!!

Tuurin
04-05-2019, 11:17 AM
On a side note- of all the things to "invest" RMT in, on a timelocked emu server, a "rez for hire" cleric has to be one of the dumber ideas I could imagine.

Anyways, carry on outing this hapless adventurer.

Moerne
04-05-2019, 12:01 PM
On a side note- of all the things to "invest" RMT in, on a timelocked emu server, a "rez for hire" cleric has to be one of the dumber ideas I could imagine.

Anyways, carry on outing this hapless adventurer.

It's actually not a bad choice if you are buying a toon. Clicking a rez stick doesn't require any skill or knowledge of how to play the class. However, I'm more inclined to wonder if he isn't just plain delusional. He straight up hallucinated that request for a rez in skyfire.

momotion
04-05-2019, 12:02 PM
I did that on my cleric to refund part of my epic when I was in dial in port on my Druid , they left me join on clr and got a lot of tells asking for Rez,but it not as good as porting , but it was different for sure , never tried dial a rez

LazyHydras
04-05-2019, 12:05 PM
It's actually not a bad choice if you are buying a toon. Clicking a rez stick doesn't require any skill or knowledge of how to play the class. However, I'm more inclined to wonder if he isn't just plain delusional. He straight up hallucinated that request for a rez in skyfire.

People with mental illness and/or drug addictions playing Everquest? Say it ain't so.

Tuurin
04-05-2019, 12:29 PM

IDK- I think the entirety of this thread demonstrates at least a general knowledge of the game is required to be a rezbot for hire. I just don't know what the purpose could possibly be to do so. To generate plat on a game that you clearly don't even play? Who the fuck doesn't know about Velious port keys in 2019? Who doesn't understand (Skyshrine) faction? Or doesn't even know how rezzes work (takes a week to make up for a death on a cleric???).

/shrug I guess I just don't understand the concept of RMT anything on a timelocked FTP Emu. Of all the crazy shit to spend money on, that's up there for me in terms of /boggle

Mead
04-05-2019, 12:52 PM
IDK- I think the entirety of this thread demonstrates at least a general knowledge of the game is required to be a rezbot for hire. I just don't know what the purpose could possibly be to do so. To generate plat on a game that you clearly don't even play? Who the fuck doesn't know about Velious port keys in 2019? Who doesn't understand (Skyshrine) faction? Or doesn't even know how rezzes work (takes a week to make up for a death on a cleric???).

/shrug I guess I just don't understand the concept of RMT anything on a timelocked FTP Emu. Of all the crazy shit to spend money on, that's up there for me in terms of /boggle

I don't agree. The fact that this is a very stable server and not going anywhere makes it a great choice for buying an account. Your investment will be safe in that respect. The real problem is you're probably going to get banned and lose that investment.

weaseal
04-05-2019, 01:02 PM
I got to 60 before I ever set foot in Velious. So it's plausible this guy is not an RMTer

Madbad
04-05-2019, 01:15 PM
My experiences with Srewop have been 100% positive.

I Felt Nostalgic
04-05-2019, 01:24 PM
My experiences with Srewop have been 100% positive.

I have a feeling the account is passed around between different people or the guy has serious mental issues. Most of the time the guy is super helpful and awesome. The only time I had a problem with him was on his alt Paladin Rewopam in Kurn's Tower when I accidentally aggro'd a mob when I opened the door and he flipped out and started cussing at me and telling me he was going to ruin my reputation on the server.

Primordial Ooze
04-05-2019, 02:01 PM
I have a feeling the account is passed around between different people or the guy has serious mental issues. Most of the time the guy is super helpful and awesome. The only time I had a problem with him was on his alt Paladin Rewopam in Kurn's Tower when I accidentally aggro'd a mob when I opened the door and he flipped out and started cussing at me and telling me he was going to ruin my reputation on the server.

Right, but someone upthread was saying he very recently left his guild, about the time he started acting up. So I doubt it's being "passed around" anymore, if it was. Maybe some old timer who never made endgame had access to account and just went rogue with it.

Still feels like RMT tho.

I Felt Nostalgic
04-05-2019, 02:08 PM
Right, but someone upthread was saying he very recently left his guild, about the time he started acting up. So I doubt it's being "passed around" anymore, if it was. Maybe some old timer who never made endgame had access to account and just went rogue with it.

Still feels like RMT tho.

The guild thing is a concern and if the account was RMT'd, I hope they get the ban hammer and feel bad about wasting money.

Aadill
04-05-2019, 02:36 PM
The guild thing is a concern and if the account was RMT'd, I hope they get the ban hammer and feel bad about wasting money.

Judging by the story so far I'd venture to guess he would just be angry that someone would deny him the account he paid for even though it's against the rules.

Jimjam
04-05-2019, 02:57 PM
CSR please post updates regarding this issue.

I would love to see this chap demand a refund from ROGuesEAN.

bigjeff100
04-05-2019, 03:05 PM
Wish i was more involved with raiding and my guild so i could have a clue about who this cat is...

Phenyo
04-05-2019, 03:30 PM
filed under sir yado

Jimjam
04-05-2019, 03:57 PM
filed under sir yado

Perhaps this is the silent partner to whom Siryado refered in his 10k/ear thread?

LazyHydras
04-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Yadont say?

Emerald_keep
04-05-2019, 09:09 PM
This guy's playing by his own rules, not his fault you didn't read the manual.

Mead
04-05-2019, 11:21 PM
This guy's playing by his own rules, not his fault you didn't read the manual.

Does the manual state you aren't to read or think?

I Felt Nostalgic
04-11-2019, 10:31 PM
I have only seen the guy online once since this thread was created. If he lurks here, I would love for him to chime in with his two copper.

Mead
04-11-2019, 10:44 PM
I have only seen the guy online once since this thread was created. If he lurks here, I would love for him to chime in with his two copper.

It's very rare to see 100% agreement in RnF on anything. There isn't much he can say except he's sorry and that his salts were off that day.

I Felt Nostalgic
04-11-2019, 11:04 PM
It's very rare to see 100% agreement in RnF on anything. There isn't much he can say except he's sorry and that his salts were off that day.

Maybe but I'd still like to hear his side of the story. ;)

Computer Man
04-12-2019, 05:03 AM
Using a cleric to make money on this server isn't going to make you rich :/

waffel
04-13-2019, 02:36 PM
This is the post I like. Easy to understand and read, good drama, and doesn’t involve nerds arguing over end game raid rules.

Primordial Ooze
04-13-2019, 03:31 PM
This is the post I like. Easy to understand and read, good drama, and doesn’t involve nerds arguing over end game raid rules.

I was thinking the same. I almost commented on it. This guy came here for the first time and described a crappy situation and was met with.... Commiseration and support? Not one person insulting him using weird inside jokes? It's almost wholesome!

Panmyman
05-30-2019, 01:59 PM
to be clear, I am SREWOP, my only alts are a 54 monk and a 19 druid and a 56 troll warrior. a name resembling mine is not mine

Panmyman
05-30-2019, 02:03 PM
I AM SREWOP, I have had this acct sence the beginning. and I should have been clearer in original mgs, Dial-A-Rez rules state, if ub get rezer killed, you have to replace the exp or pay 1 k for a afk pull to replace the exp lost. this RMT talk is a joke. who would buy a toon on a private server, also I don't use epic for rez, I use the 96% spell cus rez sick is shorter

DMN
05-30-2019, 02:21 PM
I AM SREWOP, I have had this acct sence the beginning. and I should have been clearer in original mgs, Dial-A-Rez rules state, if ub get rezer killed, you have to replace the exp or pay 1 k for a afk pull to replace the exp lost. this RMT talk is a joke. who would buy a toon on a private server, also I don't use epic for rez, I use the 96% spell cus rez sick is shorter

According to the story laid out, though, you didn't die trying to rez someone. You died porting into a death trap.

d3r14k
05-30-2019, 02:26 PM
Dial-A-Rez rules state, if ub get rezer killed, you have to replace the exp or pay 1 k for a afk pull to replace the exp lost.

Whar kind of horse shit is this? Who agrees to this? Who made this rule up? Do you offer a disclaimer to every person you rez?

"Hey, just so you know, this rez will cost you 100pp, but if I die it's an extra 1,000pp."

I have so many questions. Ther has to be something I'm not understanding here.

mcoy
05-30-2019, 04:00 PM

Is this true? I cast that spell over a thousand times before getting a stick and never heard / noticed (when self rezzing) a difference. Then again, I was just sitting medding anyway so I didn't pay close attention.

-Mcoy

stebbins99
05-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Is this true? I cast that spell over a thousand times before getting a stick and never heard / noticed (when self rezzing) a difference. Then again, I was just sitting medding anyway so I didn't pay close attention.

-Mcoy

Anyone out there willing to commit suicide twice so that we can test this out (click stick rez sickness timer vs casted sickness)? Must admit that I'm curious!

GinnasP99
05-30-2019, 09:41 PM
Why wouldn't you just hammer and be like 45 seconds from skyfire?

sence

NM

Ghostly
05-31-2019, 07:51 AM
Dial-A-Rez rules state, if ub get rezer killed, you have to replace the exp or pay 1 k for a afk pull to replace the exp lost. r

What in the actual hell is this? LOL

Fammaden
05-31-2019, 07:58 AM
Having a guild rule for people outside the guild to follow makes perfect sense. Otherwise what could you do, have a policy where the corpse needs to be pulled to a safe spot first?

Grimlust666
05-31-2019, 08:41 AM
to be clear, I am SREWOP, my only alts are a 54 monk and a 19 druid and a 56 troll warrior. a name resembling mine is not mine

IMO you've ruined your reputation in my eyes. Extorting level 40's because you're an idiot and got yourself killed is revolting. 1kp or afk farm my hairy ass.

Troxx
05-31-2019, 09:30 AM
So ...

-the cleric agrees to rez in butcherblock
-cleric wants a port after to a specific destination
-this destination is risky, but is precisely where the cleric requests
-precautions are taken (invis prior to port)
-cleric dies after getting ported to where he asked to go
-cleric is sad/mad/bad and demands 1k or an afk pull to make up the 4% xp lost

I do believe either roflcopters or lollerblades are in order. This real question is which one it should be ....

dudette
05-31-2019, 11:28 AM
Retard. Stopped reading @:

[Wed Apr 03 23:57:55 2019] Stand close to and right click on the Player to consider and inspect him. Use the /toggleinspect command to enable or disable right-click inspecting.

Tethler
06-01-2019, 03:52 AM

1k to replace 4% xp loss? (hint: you can rez your own corpse)

Hibbs
06-01-2019, 05:33 AM
yikes

grinsly
06-01-2019, 12:45 PM
What did I walk into...