PDA

View Full Version : All Characters Missing On Login

Dru
03-23-2019, 10:58 AM
Can anyone tell me what's going on with this?

I used to play back in the day before the EQ Emu/Forum accounts were merged, and I had to link them again on the account page since the password wasn't working.

Noticed all my characters are missing?

Not sure where to post this on the forums.

:(

elwing
03-23-2019, 11:00 AM
Are you sure you selected the correct server? The connect last server sometimes act wonky when the server list change on my side...

loramin
03-23-2019, 11:10 AM
Are you sure you selected the correct server?

Cen
03-23-2019, 11:54 AM
Also you have to load in the latest patch files which just,changed recently

elwing
03-23-2019, 12:35 PM
You get an error message in the char names wheb you do that error...I think...

aaezil
03-23-2019, 12:54 PM
The message in the char screen literally tells you what to do to fix it, instead of reading it and following the directions in game you made a post here. Lol!

Dru
03-23-2019, 03:07 PM
Just filed a petition, the proper place to resolve server/sync/eq emu issues, but really just lovely responses thanks

loramin
03-23-2019, 03:30 PM
Just filed a petition, the proper place to resolve server/sync/eq emu issues, but really just lovely responses thanks

As someone who was once in your shoes after logging into the wrong account (and left an embarrassing post here where it took a few kind people to make me understand what had happened), I'd be willing to bet $20 IRL that the problem is on your end and the staff won't be able to help.

Either you logged into the wrong server, or the wrong account, or you didn't patch, or you patched some other server's files after patching, or something strange like that. Maybe you even gave the account to a friend and they deleted all your chars ... but I promise, the server does not just lose peoples' characters. In the half-decade I've played here I've never once heard of that ever happening: if you are on the correct account/server with a properly patched client and no one deleted your characters, they will be there.

fastboy21
03-23-2019, 04:09 PM
As someone who was once in your shoes after logging into the wrong account (and left an embarrassing post here where it took a few kind people to make me understand what had happened), I'd be willing to bet $20 IRL that the problem is on your end and the staff won't be able to help.

Either you logged into the wrong server, or the wrong account, or you didn't patch, or you patched some other server's files after patching, or something strange like that. Maybe you even gave the account to a friend and they deleted all your chars ... but I promise, the server does not just lose peoples' characters. In the half-decade I've played here I've never once heard of that ever happening: if you are on the correct account/server with a properly patched client and no one deleted your characters, they will be there.

You forgot the other option:

His wife deleted his chars.

eadric
03-23-2019, 05:38 PM
You forgot the other, option:

His wife deleted his chars.

You forgot the other, other option:

His ex-wife deleted his chars.

Dru
03-23-2019, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your embarrassing post. Almost as embarrassing as your rude assumptions that others are as absentminded as you.

Looking forward to talking to Rogean since obviously this is not a place for anyone with server admin experience.

aaezil
03-23-2019, 10:35 PM
Lol this guy

Dru
03-23-2019, 11:13 PM
"Have extreme short term memory." - just a heads up but this doesnt mean anything really

Champion_Standing
03-23-2019, 11:38 PM
Turn your computer off and on again

Darkatar
03-24-2019, 12:34 AM
Looking forward to talking to Rogean

rude assumptions

Dru
03-24-2019, 10:19 AM
Thanks. Agree with your quote as well... boxers ruined eq, ao, ark.. etc.

If someone needs to be that spazztic making tons of chars and playing them all, they should be playing starcraft not role-playing games.

loramin
03-24-2019, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear about your embarrassing post. Almost as embarrassing as your rude assumptions that others are as absentminded as you.

Looking forward to talking to Rogean since obviously this is not a place for anyone with server admin experience.

For the record, while I'm not a "server admin" by trade, I am a programmer who has worked at a lot of start-ups (and thus has done a lot of sysadmin work). Quite honestly, I'm probably the closest you'll get to talking with a "server admin".

I tried to help you in this thread, but now that you've shown the kind of person you are ... well ...

https://i.imgur.com/aH0L1iG.jpg

Tuurin
03-24-2019, 01:32 PM

What's the hotline # for Rogean again? I keep misplacing it...

Meiva
03-24-2019, 04:59 PM

Well.. this is an embarrassing post if I've ever seen one. Cringe

d3r14k
03-24-2019, 07:24 PM
The backfire threads are usually in RNF. Well done OP for not even making it to page 3 before turning on the good people of these forums like a RABID DOG.

fastboy21
03-24-2019, 08:06 PM
The backfire threads are usually in RNF. Well done OP for not even making it to page 3 before turning on the good people of these forums like a RABID DOG.

If he didn't like the treatment he got from the nice folks in this thread wait till those animals in the RNF get a hold of him...

Dru
03-25-2019, 02:27 AM
Still blatant and consitent trolling

Dru
03-25-2019, 02:28 AM
*consistent

Jimjam
03-25-2019, 02:41 AM
Hi Dru, good to have you back, buddy!

I hope you manage to resolve your issue promptly. I understand you are very dedicated to your character and sympathise with the great amount of work which would go into devising a new one. Hopefully it won't come to that and the old account data isn't lost.

Don't let the time wasters troll you; just double check you got your install and log in right to be sure. I look forward to seeing you in game and engaging in a little RP action!

Dru
03-25-2019, 10:34 AM
Rp is always fun unless im playing my troll worshipping cazic thule lol

Dru
03-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Or wait was it innoruuk? Ah man im really hoping this gets resolved asap. Been years, so hard to remember everything

DMN
03-25-2019, 11:21 AM
If you don't reconsider your contribution, I'll give your living room drapes a taste o' me broad sword.

Dru
03-25-2019, 11:59 AM
Guess who's back and better than ever,

It isn't the Hess truck

Jimjam
03-25-2019, 12:50 PM
Guess who's back and better than ever,Lhancelot?

If not, then I guess you, Dru.

Tuurin
03-25-2019, 04:20 PM
Guess who's back and better than ever,

It isn't the Hess truck

So when should Loramin be expecting that “you were right, my bad bro” pm?

bigjeff100
03-25-2019, 04:37 PM
So when should Loramin be expecting that “you were right, my bad bro” pm?

Yeah man. I'm personally a little bummed out by your thread... A few good folks tried to assist, and you lit them up as being trolls or toxic. Now you have set the scene for toxicity... You singlehandedly turned your own thread toxic.

Also- Report your fix for others.. Help somebody who might be in your same shoes.. Turn your thread around!

drdrakes
03-25-2019, 05:48 PM
I'm having the same problem, what was the final OP?

Dru
03-26-2019, 08:57 AM
nah aeezil's message was douchey. Loramin continued the douchiness. "turning on people like a rabid wolf"..? i mean come on my messages were pretty sedate.

The issue was with the account linking. Changed my eq emu password, forum password, and linked them but it linked to a new account it created?

Make sure when you are linking your accounts you do it to the sub account under loginservers not the overall eq-emu account name.

It just created a new loginserver account under some eq emu account i dont know of now.

SO, Solution: Login to EQ Emu. Go to Login Server accounts. SMS Verification, then password change directly on that account. Use that account name/password to login. Don't use forum account. Don't use forum account linking. Don't use Eq Emu account. Use the sub-account via eq emu.

This is what fixed it for me. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Dru
03-26-2019, 08:59 AM
Also, Shoutout to Guide Llandris for giving me a heads up about the account name. Thanks man. p99 staff is awesome.

Champion_Standing
03-26-2019, 09:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your embarrassing post.

baakss
03-26-2019, 10:48 AM
Lol

Evia
03-26-2019, 03:59 PM
This Dru guy is quite the character!

bigjeff100
03-26-2019, 04:21 PM
Not feelin Dru.....

Dru
03-26-2019, 08:58 PM
And 4 more toxic/troll posts. Fortunately the peeps actually playing are cool. Seems like half the forum goers are trash.

baakss
03-26-2019, 09:11 PM
And 4 more toxic/troll posts. Fortunately the peeps actually playing are cool. Seems like half the forum goers are trash.

Have you considered red?

Dru
03-26-2019, 09:13 PM
The message in the char screen literally tells you what to do to fix it, instead of reading it and following the directions in game you made a post here. Lol!

You are actually a complete piece of shit.

loramin
03-26-2019, 09:51 PM
Fun story time!

I got a PM just now from Dru, with a subject of "Thanks so much". I honestly thought to myself "Wow, maybe this guy isn't so bad after all. I mean, we all get heated and passionate in the forums and say things that are harsher than we really mean, and now this guy has realized it, but instead of trying to get credit for a public apology he's giving me a private one! Good for him!"

Then I read the actual message ... :(:eek:!

Yep so the server did lose my characters and the staff did help.

Thanks, your first post wasnt bad, but you jumped on the scumbag train of idiocy along with these other detrimental fools incapable of empathy or consideration faster than a drop of a hat.

Type of person i am? What because im upset over losing thousands of hours of hard work? And because you twats talk to me like I'm literally fucking retarded?

Aeezils post, just the douchiest shitlord message ive ever read but instead you pieces of shit attack the guy just scared about losing his characters.

Man just fuck you

Now, I actually kind of agree that Aeezil is at least one of the douchiest shitlord posters here (<3 U Aeezil!), but still that's quite a message. Keep in mind that the terribly mean and cruel post which he was responding to was:

For the record, while I'm not a "server admin" by trade, I am a programmer who has worked at a lot of start-ups (and thus has done a lot of sysadmin work). Quite honestly, I'm probably the closest you'll get to talking with a "server admin".

I tried to help you in this thread, but now that you've shown the kind of person you are ... well ...

*Image of Willie Wonka saying "The suspense is terrible, I hope it will last*"

For that truly awful post this guy felt the need to PM me a personal fuck you ... three days after the fact. Watch out everyone who has posted more recently!

I want to make a joke or insult or something, but at this point it's just watching a mentally ill person off their meds. As someone who has also been there, I have nothing but sympathy for Dru ... but not so much that I could resist posting this gem ;)

fastboy21
03-26-2019, 09:53 PM
You are actually a complete piece of shit.

This guy just can't stop himself...:eek:

Darkatar
03-28-2019, 12:38 AM
Either you logged into the wrong server, or the wrong account, or you didn't patch, or you patched some other server's files after patching, or something strange like that.

Almost as embarrassing as your rude assumptions that others are as absentminded

Yep so the server did lose my characters and the staff did help.

Also, Shoutout to Guide Llandris for giving me a heads up about the account name.

The issue was with the account
The issue was with the account

https://i.imgur.com/Xe3S24E.gif

aaezil
03-28-2019, 01:09 AM
op is an idiot... where’s my pm?

Domisk
03-28-2019, 01:20 AM
Just gonna leave this here for others that can't find it.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144198

I hope this helps if ya come across the same problem.

I Felt Nostalgic
03-28-2019, 02:02 AM
Fun story time!

I got a PM just now from Dru, with a subject of "Thanks so much". I honestly thought to myself "Wow, maybe this guy isn't so bad after all. I mean, we all get heated and passionate in the forums and say things that are harsher than we really mean, and now this guy has realized it, but instead of trying to get credit for a public apology he's giving me a private one! Good for him!"

Then I read the actual message ... :(:eek:!

Now, I actually kind of agree that Aeezil is at least one of the douchiest shitlord posters here (<3 U Aeezil!), but still that's quite a message. Keep in mind that the terribly mean and cruel post which he was responding to was:

For that truly awful post this guy felt the need to PM me a personal fuck you ... three days after the fact. Watch out everyone who has posted more recently!

I want to make a joke or insult or something, but at this point it's just watching a mentally ill person off their meds. As someone who has also been there, I have nothing but sympathy for Dru ... but not so much that I could resist posting this gem ;)

Need me to gather the lizard squad and enslave this shitlord like he's a froglok?

d3r14k
03-28-2019, 10:33 AM
A+ ousting post, Loramin. I can only hope Llandris said to him when assisting:

"Your account details have been reset. Your new account name is 'Rude' and the password is 'Assumptions'. You would normally be prompted to change this info when you log back in, but I have decided this is your permanent login info because you are a shitbird. Have a nice day."

But I know he didn't, because Llandris is professional and courteous and helpful and all the things I am not.

Also... mods, please move to RNF.

Champion_Standing
03-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Classic thread, 5 stars

bigjeff100
03-28-2019, 10:43 AM
Wow.. Dru buddy.. How did you come out of nowhere, and quickly rise to the top of most scummy crazy people on the forums? I mean on one hand, good for you? On another hand, the hell is going on with you?

azeth
03-28-2019, 01:48 PM
Dru instant forum legend

Rufus1
03-29-2019, 10:33 AM
Characters not up

loramin
04-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Since I made his previous PM public, I feel obligated to share that I was pleasantly surprised to receive another PM from Dru, because this time it actually was an apology.

All's well that ends well :)

Maschenny
04-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Happy ending

Evia
04-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Ah man is that it? I had popcorn ready and was awaiting more classic Dru style hospitality in action!

Dru
04-02-2019, 05:41 PM
To save anyone actually looking for a solution, that has a similar problem, the wasted time and calories reading the intolerable filth and garbage written by these fucking morons:

The solution is to sign in directly to your eq emu account, then go under login server accounts on the left hand side.

The problem arises from the auto-linking feature done from the P99 forum account.

Just use your eq-emu login servers account. Everything is still there. Just change the password directly to that account under that menu tab.

Dru
04-02-2019, 05:42 PM
There are also a lot of other great servers available, such as Rise of Zek. A classic, Rallos-Zek style pvp server experience actually approaching the classic experience more than p99.

Lordgordon
04-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Shut up idiot

aaezil
04-02-2019, 06:14 PM
hey a condescending self important guy on p99 forums i think he fits right in really

DMN
04-02-2019, 06:15 PM
5 star thread, baby. Would read on the shitter again.

Muggens
04-02-2019, 07:31 PM
hey a condescending self important guy on p99 forums i think he fits right in really

:D

Tuurin
04-02-2019, 07:42 PM
To save anyone actually looking for a solution, that has a similar problem, the wasted time and calories reading the intolerable filth and garbage written by these fucking morons:

The solution is to sign in directly to your eq emu account, then go under login server accounts on the left hand side.

The problem arises from the auto-linking feature done from the P99 forum account.

Just use your eq-emu login servers account. Everything is still there. Just change the password directly to that account under that menu tab.

I run a database at work, and there is one dumbass VP that about every six months forgets his password and then sends me a toxic email about how shitty the system is and that he needs me to “fix” his account. So I reset his password and don’t hear from him for another six months.

Man that guy is a fucking moron.

baakss
04-02-2019, 07:57 PM

Why do we need your solution posted when we can just text Rogean or Nilbog? :confused:

Dru
04-03-2019, 06:30 AM

Dru
04-03-2019, 06:31 AM
There are also a lot of other great servers available, such as Rise of Zek. A classic, Rallos-Zek style pvp server experience actually approaching the classic experience more than p99.

d3r14k
04-03-2019, 07:35 AM
Good thing you self quoted there, otherwise I would have been confused.

OP, one thing I think you're still not clear on: Including the broad stroke of calling everyone "fucking morons" while you yourself made a very simple, avoidable mistake is what's bringing your posts to autistic levels of hypocrisy. Doubling down here is not doing you much justice.

Dru
04-03-2019, 07:42 AM

d3r14k
04-03-2019, 08:00 AM
Good thing you self quoted there, otherwise I would have been confused.

OP, one thing I think you're still not clear on: Including the broad stroke of calling everyone "fucking morons" while you yourself made a very simple, avoidable mistake is what's bringing your posts to autistic levels of hypocrisy. Doubling down here is not doing you much justice.

Dru
04-03-2019, 08:03 AM

bigjeff100
04-03-2019, 10:22 AM
Jesus dude. You're a real gem, you know that Dru?

Darkatar
04-03-2019, 11:43 AM
The solution is to learn to spell.
Shoutout to Guide Llandris for giving me a heads up about the account name.

The problem arises from an inability to read.

just created a new loginserver account under some eq emu account i dont know of now.

Just use your eq-emu login servers account. Everything is still there.

Ruhtar
04-03-2019, 01:01 PM
"Look I already told you, I deal with the goddamn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people, can't you understand that? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!"

azeth
04-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Was anyone surprised to discover Dru is a red server player?

kjs86z
04-03-2019, 02:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qUiytLYRc

d3r14k
04-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Dru will now stop posting here -- He isn't smart enough to realize his thread was moved to RNF.

Calling it now.

Tuurin
04-03-2019, 03:47 PM
Probably forgot how to log in :D

ZiggyTheMuss
04-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Holy shit OP is retarded AF. You guys break him too now? Apparently only able to quote himself at this point. Weird!

Smyd
04-04-2019, 04:36 AM
Probably forgot how to log in :D

hahahahaha

Vianna
04-04-2019, 04:47 AM
nah aeezil's message was douchey. Loramin continued the douchiness. "turning on people like a rabid wolf"..? i mean come on my messages were pretty sedate.

The issue was with the account linking. Changed my eq emu password, forum password, and linked them but it linked to a new account it created?

Make sure when you are linking your accounts you do it to the sub account under loginservers not the overall eq-emu account name.

It just created a new loginserver account under some eq emu account i dont know of now.

SO, Solution: Login to EQ Emu. Go to Login Server accounts. SMS Verification, then password change directly on that account. Use that account name/password to login. Don't use forum account. Don't use forum account linking. Don't use Eq Emu account. Use the sub-account via eq emu.

This is what fixed it for me. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

So it was your fault like they said.

Dru
04-04-2019, 06:37 AM

bigjeff100
04-04-2019, 10:34 AM
Dru will now stop posting here -- He isn't smart enough to realize his thread was moved to RNF.

Calling it now.

Nope, he's still loitering around the thread. Scumbag Dru.

kjs86z
04-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Maybe Dru is actually a prototype for the next generation of AI-assisted forum bots?

d3r14k
04-04-2019, 11:01 AM
Nope, he's still loitering around the thread. Scumbag Dru.

Hoping that this would bait him into posting something else for our entertainment other than his repeat quote.

My plan did not come to fruition.

ama84
04-05-2019, 11:59 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/909/525/70a.png

Madbad
04-05-2019, 01:25 PM

So your solution was to read the fucking instructions?