PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Guise of the Coercer Will No Longer Drop

Valakut
03-23-2019, 10:19 AM
First orc scalps quit dropping off WC orcs. This used to be a staple for shit bag monks in their mid to high teens to farm in order to afford their first fbss...

Then orc scalps quest xp gets nerfed. I think this one makes a lot of sense because the most toxic people on the server only relied on this method once bard swarming got nerfed down to 25 mobs...

Currently server staff encourage the permacamp of Vopuk Shralok. Does anybody remember the last time they took a group from oasis to high pass to farm orcs? Probably sometime pre kunark..

The only thing left to do to make high pass completely irrelevant for new players on a time locked classic server would be to remove the Guise of the Coercer from the game.

Tuurin
03-23-2019, 10:44 AM
Filed under drugs

Rygar
03-23-2019, 11:02 AM
It's cute when people think nerfs are staff decisions to make custom content, and not based on classic evidence.

Bardp1999
03-23-2019, 01:23 PM
The disgusting part of this post is that OP is very angry that his guild is not the one farming the Shiney Brass Idols at the moment, you care nothing for sanctity of High Pass, you care only for false Idols of your own.

Quizlop
03-23-2019, 01:36 PM
It's cute when people think nerfs are staff decisions to make custom content, and not based on classic evidence.

*Excluding the 25 PBAE limit.

Wonkie
03-23-2019, 01:45 PM
The disgusting part of this post is that OP is very angry that his guild is not the one farming the Shiney Brass Idols at the moment, you care nothing for sanctity of High Pass, you care only for false Idols of your own.

idol guy should be an FTE mob. competition is awesome

aaezil
03-23-2019, 01:59 PM
Am getting their free idols by “camping” raid drops. Get good and compete for things you cant raid without (lol pathetic)

indiscriminate_hater
03-23-2019, 02:05 PM
filed under bad and mad

baakss
03-23-2019, 02:37 PM

*Excluding Lifetap on raid bosses

jolanar
03-23-2019, 03:54 PM

Well, except all those times when they are making decisions to nerf things.

Legidias
03-23-2019, 04:10 PM
Good thing guise doesn't drop and its a quest reward

eadric
03-23-2019, 06:22 PM

/ponders seafury cyclops nerf :p

Rygar
03-23-2019, 10:22 PM
PBAoE was stated it was to emulate actual possibilities at the time (consistently). Was not a thing to be able to get 120+ PBAoE pulls every 22 mins like clockwork. It's a bit controversial because some could argue they did do a 100 pull in classic, but it wasn't really as consistent as the PBAoE you saw on this box.

/ponders seafury cyclops nerf :p

I don't know enough about this one to tell you the truth, but I could tell you I would be shocked if they knew the drop rates to be high and just decided on a whim to reduce it for sake of economy / CSR issues.

Quizlop
03-24-2019, 04:32 AM
PBAoE was stated it was to emulate actual possibilities at the time (consistently). Was not a thing to be able to get 120+ PBAoE pulls every 22 mins like clockwork. It's a bit controversial because some could argue they did do a 100 pull in classic, but it wasn't really as consistent as the PBAoE you saw on this box.

I don't think there's any real evidence to suggest that 25 mobs is a reasonable limit for classic capabilities. And if we're going to be emulating classic network restrictions, why not have a 5 minute load screen when you log in?

You also have to consider the Ivandyr's Hoop nerf. 100% non-classic nerf.

Rygar
03-24-2019, 11:18 AM
I agree to 25 being on the low end, would encourage staff to revise to 50 and see if it becomes a viable strategy for grouping.

They debated stimulating load times and disconnects early in server history but was decided against.

I think the ivandyr hoop nerf was a bit of an odd response to the problem, 3 -5 sec cast time would be better.

Better yet, remove item recharging. Not a well known feature by the masses in classic and just ruins immersion.

In the end, no one can do things 100% consistent and please everyone. By and large they've done the best job recreating classic EQ of any server to date. I say to them: great job!

loramin
03-24-2019, 11:52 AM
This conversation seems like a perfect opportunity to interject my latest wiki page: http://wiki.project1999.com/Project_1999

For various reasons the staff has had to make sacrifices to their goal of a perfect re-implementation of classic EverQuest. Generally speaking these sacrifices come from three limitations which are outside their control: technical, legal, and support.

In this case, Guises could be eliminated, despite being classic, for the "support" reason: if dealing with the insane amount of petitions generated by them would be too much for the staff, they totally could disable them.

I'm not saying that will happen, and if I were a betting man I wouldn't even bet on it happening, but if it did happen it would fit with their previous pattern of non-classic changes.