PDA

View Full Version : My plans for the next earthquake

jazzman_so_fresh
03-22-2019, 11:03 PM
When everyone runs to help their guild, this is what I intend to do:

- go to WL and kill a couple goos / geos. Enjoy the silence and freedom of killing whichever mob I want without a zerg guild group complaining a random hallway mob is 'theirs'.

- Go to WW and kill some brontos / mastadons. People have been killing only these, and they respawn as wyverns, so there are none left.

- Go to DN and fear kite *a few* spiders. I can't believe people think all the spiders in this zone is one camp, and I can't kill four at a time.

- Go to seb and actually group without guild leaders complaining I could be disqualifying an fte race. For real? I can't group in one of two 57+ zones for 16 hours every third day??

d3r14k
03-22-2019, 11:14 PM
- Go to DN and fear kite *a few* spiders. I can't believe people think all the spiders in this zone is one camp, and I can't kill four at a time.

This one bugs me too. I remember the first time I went in zone and ran in past the dude sitting at ent. I thought I was far enough in and giving him space when I'm met with twenty obscene tells about how I'm trying to move in on his camp.

"I got FRAPS, bruh, will petition, suck my pee pee" kind of tells.

Not wanting to cause any trouble, I move in much farther and start in on another spider.

"What the FUCK, bruuuuh? I warned you the first time! Pee pee sucking to commence shortly!"

So at this point I think this guy is just 100% retarded until I tell a friend what's going on and he explains everything up to the wide doors is all considered one camp. Who in the hell decided this? The guy at ent wasn't even clearing half of his "camp", he just wanted to flex on a Dragon Necropolis noob who didn't know any better. Technically, he was in the right, but camp lines in this zone just feel dumb.

Anyway, good rant list, OP.

Tethler
03-22-2019, 11:20 PM
The Seb one really irritates me

aaezil
03-22-2019, 11:20 PM
Wow you could make a lot more plat than that if you didnt follow that terrible plan

jazzman_so_fresh
03-22-2019, 11:50 PM
Wow you could make a lot more plat than that if you didnt follow that terrible plan

Yeah, but I have no desire to rush to ancient Cyclopse or camp a vp key piece

Pint
03-22-2019, 11:53 PM
You do you gurl

aaezil
03-22-2019, 11:59 PM
Also if you want a server with nobody there to take your mobs from you red always open and always dead lol

loramin
03-23-2019, 11:15 AM
Technically, he was in the right, but camp lines in this zone just feel dumb.

No, technically he was in the wrong. By the server rules a camp is one spawn point, or possibly a very few close spawn points, so there's no way any GM would have ever considered all those mobs ä camp", especially not for one person. And on top of that, you absolutely have to be holding down every mob if you want to keep any camp on this server.

That guy was just a greedy loser who lied and yelled at you to protect mobs he couldn't kill.

jazzman_so_fresh
03-23-2019, 11:30 AM
And is it worth involving a GM and listening to his bullshit? That's part of the problem.

Danth
03-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Go to DN and fear kite *a few* spiders. I can't believe people think all the spiders in this zone is one camp, and I can't kill four at a time.

Hard to find anything up. Zone's overrun with Bards taking all the spiders, and constructs won't spawn because they're all parked down in the tunnels someplace. Ratmen are usually left alone although they're not much fun to duo. Last time the wife and I went there we couldn't spawn a single construct, and when we found a spot with three spiders up a Bard came by and took two of them while we were fighting the first. Went out and fought WW dragons instead.

Danth

Cecily
03-23-2019, 12:03 PM
For me, I'm gonna read it about it like 3 days later after 3 days of going to bed at a reasonable hour and casually reading books on science.

d3r14k
03-23-2019, 12:28 PM
For me, I'm gonna read it about it like 3 days later after 3 days of going to bed at a reasonable hour and casually reading books on science.

Nerd! Deepening your knowledge and expanding your mind!? NERRRRRD!

J/K. You're making good life choices, unlike the lot of us.

jazzman_so_fresh
03-23-2019, 10:23 PM
FYI, <Paradigm Shift> just /guildremove'd me for this post. No mentioning of jerking off like the guild leaders do, just a harmless vent.

Lesson to be learned... Really vet your guild before you spend a year with them.

jazzman_so_fresh
03-23-2019, 10:24 PM
Error guild officers... Not leader.

Champion_Standing
03-23-2019, 11:40 PM
Well now you can go to seb whenever you want.

Diabolic2442
03-23-2019, 11:42 PM
Well now you can go to seb whenever you want.

+1 sounds like they did you a favor.

jazzman_so_fresh
03-23-2019, 11:47 PM
Would be very funny to get a Juggs group going during a Trak window and be like, ummm this is *our* camp!

d3r14k
03-23-2019, 11:52 PM
Really not even sure what you said in the OP that references PS at all. Nor is your character in the signature and tied to your forum account, if someone cared to look you up that way. Only thing I would think is that you peeved leaders by that last bullet point in your OP, but you'd have to have pretty thin skin to get worked up enough to boot a member over that. Sorry man, that sucks.

I'm lucky that Kittens leadership is so cool, they could easily tie me to the electric guildremove chair for some of the dumb shit I say in here if they wanted to.

jazzman_so_fresh
03-23-2019, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I was "shooting the shit" about Seb in discord too. Just things like, "if I run fraps while grouping to prove I didn't cheat during Trak (ie not participate in raid), or if I removed my guild tag, can I exp there?"

Anyway, I'm going to start my own guild, and it's gonna have Blackjack. And hookers!

I think that's what I'll call it... <Blackjack and Hookers>. Sounds much more enjoyable than death and taxes.

Goodest
03-23-2019, 11:58 PM
OP sorry you feel this way, about the PS leader ship there where more issue behind these events that took place. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors gratz on 59.

Hotel
03-24-2019, 12:18 AM
OP sorry you feel this way, about the PS leader ship there where more issue behind these events that took place. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors gratz on 59.

59 is a big level, congrats!

Wonkie
03-24-2019, 12:19 AM

how bout you tell us instead of being passive aggressive

jazzman_so_fresh
03-24-2019, 12:19 AM
59 is a big level, congrats!
Shame on this game for making you feel inadequate for not being 60. They should make the cap 57 so that 56 don't sound so bad.!

jazzman_so_fresh
03-24-2019, 12:22 AM
how bout you tell us instead of being passive aggressive

I'll take a guess... I'm the first person to say that socking for 10 hours isn't worth the wasted hours of your life. I firmly believe that, but I should have kept it to myself. It's kind of like your friend moving to a new house, he's lifting heavy furniture and I'm there saying "dude, why you struggling? Your new place isn't even that nice". That's the last thing they want to hear. Puts you in the radar in the eyes of the officers.

I realize that now, but would have been nice to have a chance to correct the behavior.

Hotel
03-24-2019, 12:28 AM
I'll take a guess... I'm the first person to say that socking for 10 hours isn't worth the wasted hours of your life. I firmly believe that, but I should have kept it to myself. It's kind of like your friend moving to a new house, he's lifting heavy furniture and I'm there saying "dude, why you struggling? Your new place isn't even that nice". That's the last thing they want to hear. Puts you in the radar in the eyes of the officers.

I realize that now, but would have been nice to have a chance to correct the behavior.

Why do you want to be in a raiding guild if you think socking raid mobs is a waste of life?

+1 for ps kicking you

Wonkie
03-24-2019, 12:33 AM
Why do you want to be in a raiding guild if you think socking raid mobs is a waste of life?

+1 for ps kicking you

they did op a favor in this regard, that's true

this is a bad place

jazzman_so_fresh
03-24-2019, 12:45 AM

Because I like doing vindi, klandi, VSR, Talendor, and the planes (when I have time)

Champion_Standing
03-24-2019, 02:19 AM

Sounds like a terrible guild full of terrible people, leaving was the right choice.

kekeshi
03-24-2019, 03:45 AM
Panoram

From what I can tell you weren't booted for your 5% raid attendance and selfishly complaining about loot you couldn't afford. It wasn't that you constantly polluted guild chat and discord with Dawn Believers-esque chat that annoyed the shit out of everyone. It wasn't that your a newb and refused to take advice provided to you by patient and knowledgeable guild members. It wasn't that you complained daily about raiding despite joining a raiding guild that doesn't require you to raid or participate in any way shape or form.

I'm sure all those things came into consideration when the call was made upstairs, but from what I have seen none of those are behavior traits that alone earn you the boot from PS.

You were booted for scheming in open channels on ways in which you could circumvent raid rules. To the PS members that actually put in time and want to see the guild succeed by playing the right way that's a hard line you don't cross. You earned it big boy.

Instead of blaming others for your predicament and complaining daily to anyone that will listen try taking stock of what you want out of this game. Go join a guild that mirrors your objectives that by your own admission don't seem to be a whole hell of a lot.

PS was a bad fit for you and so is RnF.

jazzman_so_fresh
03-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Sounds like a terrible guild full of terrible people, leaving was the right choice.

Never lump several qualities into one statement. Here's my breakdown of the guild:
Raid performance: 10/10
Non raiding activities: 3/10
Guild amenities: 9/10 (pom coths, cleric bots, idols etc)
Leadership: 7/10.
One particular leader: 2/10.
Raiding hours: 8/10
Green text conversations: 5/10
Target selection: 10/10
How well the guild gets to know you: 5/19.

Kesselring
03-24-2019, 07:40 AM
This one bugs me too. I remember the first time I went in zone and ran in past the dude sitting at ent. I thought I was far enough in and giving him space when I'm met with twenty obscene tells about how I'm trying to move in on his camp.

"I got FRAPS, bruh, will petition, suck my pee pee" kind of tells.

Not wanting to cause any trouble, I move in much farther and start in on another spider.

"What the FUCK, bruuuuh? I warned you the first time! Pee pee sucking to commence shortly!"

So at this point I think this guy is just 100% retarded until I tell a friend what's going on and he explains everything up to the wide doors is all considered one camp. Who in the hell decided this? The guy at ent wasn't even clearing half of his "camp", he just wanted to flex on a Dragon Necropolis noob who didn't know any better. Technically, he was in the right, but camp lines in this zone just feel dumb.

Im not gonna go find the source but the lead GM said its ok to grab mobs off someones bard kite if they have more than 4 mobs.

jazzman_so_fresh
03-24-2019, 07:54 AM
Im not gonna go find the source but the lead GM said its ok to grab mobs off someones bard kite if they have more than 4 mobs.

Is that worth listening to them bitch though?

Funny story: a bard and two others come to velks. I suggest we share mobs (I swarm the ones in the back). They say no, because there are three of them (PL'ing, mind you). Well I didn't want to hear more crap, so I just stood by .. as the bard died while collecting mobs. Well, I wasn't going to let those mobs go to waste. The best part was they came back while the swarm hp was down to 20%, and saw what I had done.

Champion_Standing
03-24-2019, 10:43 AM
Never lump several qualities into one statement. Here's my breakdown of the guild:
Raid performance: 10/10
Non raiding activities: 3/10
Guild amenities: 9/10 (pom coths, cleric bots, idols etc)
Leadership: 7/10.
One particular leader: 2/10.
Raiding hours: 8/10
Green text conversations: 5/10
Target selection: 10/10
How well the guild gets to know you: 5/19.

Oh so now your gonna be a butt kisser to get back in huh?

jazzman_so_fresh
03-24-2019, 11:29 AM
Nope. If you want someone to believe your grievances, you have to put it in perspective. Saying "guild X is full of morons" won't go anywhere because others will say, "that's not true, I've enjoyed grouping with X". But if you say "guild X has nice people, good raiding force, but the way they deal with Y is messed up", then people may start to see them in a different light.

Wallicker
03-24-2019, 02:39 PM
I wonder how they would rate you on a similar scale?

Wallicker
03-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Panoram:
Raid performance: ?/10
Non raid activities: ?/10
Player amenities: ?/10 (tracking, ToD recording, idol farmings, Ports, coths, FTE, etc.)
Leadership: ?/10
Helping other guildies: ?/10
Raiding hours: ?/10
Green text conversation: ?/10
Guild representation: ?/10
How well you get to know others in your guild: ?/10
Panoram average score: ?/10

Cmon someone fill it out make this RnF juicy!

jazzman_so_fresh
03-24-2019, 03:25 PM
Oh not that good in that, I'm sure someone who rates better than me would have been given an easier time. I've done FTE team twice, tracking Gore once. No idols, but I do hop on guild bots and port people, or bring bots to park. Leadership is low, but raid performance ain't that bad (crowd control at Kael, disspells at the right time).

My overall performance would be a 5/10. Let others put their.$0.05 in, but I bet some would say 7, some would say 3.

Wallicker
03-24-2019, 03:30 PM
Hey man 5/10 for semi casual ain’t bad!

jazzman_so_fresh
03-24-2019, 03:44 PM
Hey man 5/10 for semi casual ain’t bad!

Depends on how you want to look at it. When I'm *at the raid*, I'm attentive. I don't afk-bard. Always pumping mana song (not just cantana, but spamming cassindra too). I make sure resist songs are sung in HoT when the mob aoe's. I ask the melees if they are str or haste maxed to sing the right song.

Out of the raid, I don't do much. I haven't even bought wort pots yet (though my MR is 105 unbuffed).

bodenn
03-25-2019, 12:16 AM
I hear Dawn Believers is recruiting.

Castigate
03-25-2019, 06:53 PM
You are aware that you can legally pull mobs directly from a bard kite if they are swarming more than 4 right?
That ruling was made a long time ago when bards entirely monopolized OT.
Any bard claiming swarm camp on ANYTHING is flat out lying.

jacobi
03-26-2019, 08:54 AM
I used to be in PS before they got a dkp system. Raided regularly with them for about 7 months and never received any raid target loot. Sensed something was rotten in Denmark and left. Wasn't worth hanging around for that Jiga-exploitation.

kjs86z
03-26-2019, 09:17 AM
This thread is going well.

maskedmelon
03-26-2019, 02:09 PM
No, technically he was in the wrong. By the server rules a camp is one spawn point, or possibly a very few close spawn points, so there's no way any GM would have ever considered all those mobs ä camp", especially not for one person. And on top of that, you absolutely have to be holding down every mob if you want to keep any camp on this server.

That guy was just a greedy loser who lied and yelled at you to protect mobs he couldn't kill.

solid poast. loaramin is 100% correct. :cool:

Tricket
03-27-2019, 04:22 PM
the lead GM said its ok to grab mobs off someones bard kite if they have more than 4 mobs.

You are aware that you can legally pull mobs directly from a bard kite if they are swarming more than 4 right?

I keep hearing this in game too, but no one is able to show me a citation.
Pls can someone show me where this is eluded to in the rules?
I can understand since songs only hit 25 mobs max, that any more than that is unjustified zone disruption.
But if the limit is 25, why would 4 mobs be the restriction? we are not druids and wizards restricted to 4 mobs at a time.
I am open to the idea if there is proof, but until it is shown I will do my best to keep my swarm mine.

Champion_Standing
03-27-2019, 04:30 PM
I keep hearing this in game too, but no one is able to show me a citation.
Pls can someone show me where this is eluded to in the rules?
I can understand since songs only hit 25 mobs max, that any more than that is unjustified zone disruption.
But if the limit is 25, why would 4 mobs be the restriction? we are not druids and wizards restricted to 4 mobs at a time.
I am open to the idea if there is proof, but until it is shown I will do my best to keep my swarm mine.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rulings for a list of a lot of random shit

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1176824&postcount=29

That's the specific post you're talking about. I'd be glad to have someone petition me for taking 4 mobs when they are killing 20. They'd basically be admitting to the staff that they're trying to monopolize the entire zone and push other players out. Great way to get their attitudes checked.

bigjeff100
03-27-2019, 04:33 PM
Last time i was in DN killing spiders.. Some jackass bard and friends zoned in, agro'd all the spiders and kept running.. I am too afraid to leave the zone in.. So i have no idea where they ran to with all that agro.. But damn dudes, really??

loramin
03-27-2019, 04:40 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Rulings for a list of a lot of random shit

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1176824&postcount=29

That's the specific post you're talking about. I'd be glad to have someone petition me for taking 4 mobs when they are killing 20. They'd basically be admitting to the staff that they're trying to monopolize the entire zone and push other players out. Great way to get their attitudes checked.

While all that's true (and I'm glad to see people are using the Rulings page), keep in mind that ...

their rulings are not always precedent-setting, and the fact that Sirken made one call five years ago does not guarantee anything now
when Sirken made that call we didn't have the 25 mob per swarm limit, so he made it for a very different environment
the staff would always prefer you not be the aggressor, even when defending yourself, because it makes it harder for them to to tell who is in the right when they show up
the staff can always punish both parties if they feel like it and if both are acting poorly

In other words, the golden rule of "don't be a dick" still applies, and if it were me I'd tread carefully on taking mobs from others (even mob #5+) until the actual server rules page is updated to say its ok.

loramin
03-27-2019, 04:45 PM
P.S. By "tread carefully" I don't necessarily mean I wouldn't do it, but just that I'd try to exhaust other options first, and do as much as possible to cover my ass by being polite and trying to work with the Bard before I resorted to taking mobs.

Tricket
03-27-2019, 04:46 PM
I would like to distinguish a modern and legitimate 25-mob pull from the aforementioned rule because the ruling post suggests its application to quote "bards round[ing] up a hundred mobs" in 2013. I am not sure when the 25-mob restriction was implemented, but even if we continue under the assumption it was before this post.
A bard who simply has 25 or less mobs should not fall within this category, and thus should not have their swarm subject to mob theft.

Additionally, the rule also clearly places a contingency (condition) which must be met before a player can utilize it without breach. As per the ruling post, only in an instance where a player "... can not find a mob because some one is kiting more than 4 of them..." will they be permitted "to peel one off."
In many zones, OT, DL, FV, and other hot-swarm zones, 25 mobs will not sufficiently rob a non-swarming player from finding mobs to kill. Therefore they are not permitted to steal mobs from a kiting bard in this instance either.

So while seemingly zone specific (as I can respect some dungeons having under 25 mobs in a given safe area), I do not see a hard-line rule which gives players permission to pull away from a bard as long as the bard has more than 4 mobs in their swarm. Especially outdoors, where a majority of bards swarm.

Debate me, I am always open to statutory (p99 forum rule) interpretation! (for fun. Please bards, I already had to dig your shit-one-song-weaving reputation out of the dirt. Don't ruin exp grouping for me too. Be kind and let others play too)

rictus204
03-27-2019, 05:09 PM
just fearbomb that swarm over and over till the pesky bard gives up!

Champion_Standing
03-27-2019, 05:12 PM
I was more referring to the OP in regards to taking 4 mobs when someone has 20. I'd definitely suggest talking to the person first but if they are being unreasonable I seriously doubt you'd get in trouble for taking a quad out of the repops. If you just show up and start snaring shit people are kiting that's probably not gonna work out.

rictus204
03-27-2019, 05:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JXvhwlC.gif

bigjeff100
03-27-2019, 05:18 PM
Can't stop watching that gif.

Foxplay
03-27-2019, 05:47 PM
That gif is bard tears incarnate /claps

Wallicker
03-27-2019, 05:51 PM
That’s bard on bard crime!

indiscriminate_hater
03-27-2019, 06:22 PM
I'm always super courteous to people who feel the need to peel a mob off my kite. In fact I zone out so they have plenty to work with

loramin
03-27-2019, 06:48 PM
I was more referring to the OP in regards to taking 4 mobs when someone has 20. I'd definitely suggest talking to the person first but if they are being unreasonable I seriously doubt you'd get in trouble for taking a quad out of the repops. If you just show up and start snaring shit people are kiting that's probably not gonna work out.

Yeah, my apologies, I should have clarified that I was trying to providing context for others (not you) who weren't as aware (and might take what you wrote too far as a result). I wasn't trying to suggest that you lacked said context (it was just that me quoting you that made it seem that way).

Bardp1999
03-27-2019, 06:48 PM
I'm always super courteous to people who feel the need to peel a mob off my kite. In fact I zone out so they have plenty to work with

I peel of Bard kites every single time I have a chance. 4 mobs shit bird, that's all your allowed to kite w/o being open to snipe shots.

shuklak
03-28-2019, 08:23 AM
Stealing kited mobs is as classic as 2 yaks on a ranger.

Oleris
03-30-2019, 11:31 AM
So, what did you do OP?

Tecmos Deception
03-30-2019, 01:54 PM
Pee pee sucking to commence shortly!"

Pee pees will be liberally sucked, in good measure!

Ravager
03-30-2019, 05:57 PM
Next earthquake I'll be grilling beef and sipping beer on my front porch.

jazzman_so_fresh
03-30-2019, 07:56 PM
So, what did you do OP?

Saw the quake message at 1:30am... Went to sleep peacefully!

aaezil
03-30-2019, 09:52 PM
So, what did you do OP?

Us employed people were asleep!

Troxx
03-31-2019, 12:56 AM
I was asleep when the quake hit.

Had I known it happened ... I would have stayed asleep.

Chardy
04-01-2019, 12:12 AM
Us employed people were asleep!

Late Friday night quakes are probably THE best for the gainfully employed/socially functional. Wrapped up a successful week at the office, followed by more than a few well deserved pints at the pub with friends, followed by a successful quake. The best part, though, was being able to sleep in on my Saturday morning.

I mean, I'm glad that through equal opportunity hiring laws, you have a job working at Dunkin Donuts on Saturday mornings. No need to rub it in and make the rest of us with real jobs feel bad! You big bully! :(