PDA

View Full Version : KC sucks, change my mind.

LazyHydras
03-22-2019, 09:26 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/2woidk.jpg

indiscriminate_hater
03-22-2019, 09:32 AM
You’re not entitled to a non sucky experience, you misogynist

d3r14k
03-22-2019, 10:22 AM
I like KC and have never understood the poor rep it gets. It can be the wild west of FTE when crowded and no one seems to care about camps, but even still...

The layout is cool, it is a castle! It has dog men, undead, a raid boss, end game loots (T Staff), and secret passageways.

I rate it a perfect score, 5/7. Would visit KC again.

solleks
03-22-2019, 11:36 AM
Barbara bush conceived lil bush jr on a tight rope strung between the two towers

Cecily
03-22-2019, 11:43 AM
I legitimately enjoy watching trains kill people so... kinda my favorite zone.

Champion_Standing
03-22-2019, 11:48 AM
It's definitely the most likely place to see a 50+ warrior sitting in the corner between pulls.

LazyHydras
03-22-2019, 12:08 PM
It's definitely the most likely place to see a 50+ warrior sitting in the corner between pulls.

Ouch. right in the fee-fees.

branamil
03-22-2019, 12:19 PM
Most likely the place where a bard fresh out of swarming tries this whole group thing and has defense skill (11) and insists on twisting AoE fear, nillipus March of the wee, and psalm of cooling

kotton05
03-22-2019, 01:10 PM
You suck , change my mind

LazyHydras
03-22-2019, 01:14 PM
You suck , change my mind

Can't believe this. . . betrayed . . . by another member of the master race! :eek:

kjs86z
03-22-2019, 01:55 PM
KC does suck...

...the exception being low pop times when you can pull all of LCY / warlord / hands / jail with 1 good group.

enjchanter
03-22-2019, 01:55 PM
I just genuinely find this zone boring to fight in and the scenary is meh.

Also as stated above it can be a wild west for FTE so your puller has to go into Super Sayin Puller Mode and start chain pulling like hes never pulled before

smellis
03-22-2019, 05:28 PM
high hopes for kc is the wrong idea. high hopes for goofing off in kc is the best option.

Mead
03-22-2019, 05:49 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2woidk.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4DOs2ahFQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhtUo5r2Aec

take your pick bud

Fammaden
03-22-2019, 06:04 PM
KC is fine, the amount of people clogging it at primetime sucks, and if you stay there XP'ing past dinging level 54 then you suck.

fastboy21
03-22-2019, 06:10 PM
KC is fine, the amount of people clogging it at primetime sucks, and if you stay there XP'ing past dinging level 54 then you suck.

I level'd my necro and chanter to 60 in KC. It was some of the fastest exp in the game solo (if you know what you are doing).

Fammaden
03-22-2019, 06:13 PM
Sure, I'm talking about LFG pick up group play in this regard.

DMN
03-22-2019, 06:14 PM
Back in the day we called it, quite aptly, karnor's clusterfuck.

Bardp1999
03-22-2019, 09:32 PM
KC would be awesome if my group could have the entire zone to ourselves and all the ass idiots were locked out. There is a reason its the most popular zone in the game - relatively speaking its super safe, its easy to get to, and it has nice monsters/loot.

Jimjam
03-23-2019, 01:44 AM
Sure, I'm talking about LFG pick up group play in this regard.

It's not so bad if you're the puller.

The biggest problem I found in KC is high level monks single pulling the level 40 skeleton warlord PHs and staying in camp until each pull dies.

Pull a few spectral knights or protectors, bodyguards or hands... Something that actually summons and gives half decent XP!

Ennewi
03-23-2019, 05:15 AM
The more players think KC sucks, the less they will resort to leveling there and the less it will suck. The problem has to do with spawns and camps being so close together. In zones like Seb and The Hole, pullers don't cross paths as often, if at all, because the usual camps are more spaced out and there are plenty of mobs in between. But that's half the fun of KC, having VS or Verix suddenly loose, creating a train of death throughout the zone, or having a rooted mob one floor up beat on you in basement, or having to secure aggro on each pull to prevent stealing. On top of that, there is the occasional cleric or two who announces rezzes in ooc and porters from time to time as well, though less now since ejacs aren't necessary anymore.

Karnor's Castle is a zone of inevitable, mostly contentious interactions because of it's design and lack of real estate. Narrow corridors and spiral staircases make it easy to tag a mob out of three or four without being noticed. Karnor's would be less of a FFA if it were larger, more spread out like City of Mist, or if the range of camp levels differed more greatly from floor to floor, like in Unrest.

But forgetting the big money drops in Karnor's, a lot of Kunark armor drops there on the regular, armor pieces with clicky effects that are still great one expansion later. And all of them vender for quite a bit. Given how popular/overpopulated the zone is, it doesn't take anyone lfg long to get to camp for invite. In other zones they may need a coth or the enchanter to meet them at entrance, etc. Classic EQ is a game that inconveniences its players, so it's only natural that they would seek out and cling to any area that offers some, however marginal it may be.

Fewest
03-28-2019, 04:40 PM
I like this the more people says it sucks the less crowded it will be. The only comparison I can make is the Hole-- In my opinion the xp is about the same--however the drops in KC are much better. I am not talking about T-Staffs I am talking about vendor trash--Karnok Cloak vendor 89p, flayed skin vendors for about 15p, All the armor that drops Helm of Rile, Elder Sprite Gaunts, Cobalt Boots vendor for about 400p. It's fairly short to FV for banking not as close as the hole. Easy to get to and easy to get a group...unlike the hole.

Mytral
03-28-2019, 05:05 PM
Karnor's Castle is a lot like California. It's not the location per se, it's the people in it that makes it such a shit hole.

LazyHydras
03-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Karnor's Castle is a lot like California. It's not the location per se, it's the people in it that makes it such a shit hole.

Having moved to New York from Los Angeles. . . .

This.

shuklak
03-29-2019, 07:34 AM
Kc is popular the same way mcdonalds is popular.

Great fries.

Troxx
04-01-2019, 03:40 PM

I recently hit 60 in a series of kickass basement duo/trios. Why? Because the alternative is sitting in seb lfg for 4+ hours not able to do anything productive. In KC I could at least solo for xp while and did so frequently on both my paladin and my warrior before that. When grouping opportunities were present in seb, chardok, DN, SG, etc I always took them but I’m not going to sit around with my thumb up my ass lfg when I’ve only got an hour or two to play.

You see higher level people lfg in KC because that’s where the groups are. It got better with the chardok revamp but cash camps in seb operate with the minimum necessary to not dilute the loot.

EQ is a social game.