PDA

View Full Version : Azure Guard Needs To Skill Up Their Optics

N0tClassic
03-17-2019, 03:30 PM
What is it with this Guild

I come back after a long hiatus and every time I have an interaction with a member of Azure Guard it's Negative

Behavior I have witnessed from this particular guild in just one week

1) Mass Powerlvling in all the Lowbie Dungeons (At Peak Population Times)

They will bring in 1 or 2 60s into the zone to grab every available mob and wipe them out, regardless if any groups are there of new untwinked players trying to group/lvl. They could give a shit whats camped. They just round everything up, obliterate it and clear out of the zone so they can plvl an alt. They will train, snipe mobs and have a total disregard of anyone else around them in the zone

2) Shady Trades

Will attempt to buy something from you and offer a lower amount of plat then what was auctioned/requested (thinking you'll auto confirm) and then feign ignorance and try to barter with you when you catch it (After already agreeing to the original deal)

3) Will Ask for a Port and Not Tip

Auctioning to port people is one thing. You take what you can get and it's hit and miss. If you ask someone for a port that's another situation entirely. You are requesting a service.

It's indicative of an overall mentality I keep seeing time and again from this group of people. Elitists that shit all over the everyday player base. I can understand one bad encounter. People have bad days. I understand every guild has their bad apples. Recruitment isn't a fool proof system.

But it's gotten so consistent with this guild to the point where I just say to myself "Yep, Azure Guard"

After reading this thread

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319315

"Yep, Azure Guard"

After getting my decked out cloth wearing mage insta gibbed by a training Velious Twinked AG multiple times

"Yep, Azure Guard"

After watching a lvl 60 AG stealth snipe my lvl 12 camped mobs multiple times

Yep, Azure Guard

Seeing an item in EC Tunnel being auctioned for Double, even Triple it's Value

"Yep, Azure Guard" (Or Boutik)

If someone is generally acting like a douchebag, 9 times out of 10 /who player all

"Yep, Azure Guard"

Maybe this guild needs to take a step back and evaluate the aggregate effect their behavior is having on the overall perception of the common player base? Treating people with disdain is not a very good guild relations strategy in my humble opinion.

Ironically the best player interactions I have had with high end guilds on this server so far have been with Aftermath.

hobart
03-17-2019, 09:44 PM
It's math. When 95% of the server is in either AG or AM, most of the assholes you run into will wear one of those two tags.

Foxplay
03-17-2019, 10:01 PM
(or Boutik)

I laughed

Pint
03-17-2019, 10:03 PM
as a member of AG all i have to say is fuck you

GiRaff3
03-17-2019, 10:04 PM
Please provide screenshots and/or names for your thread. Already see the ones in the linked threads.

Cecily
03-17-2019, 10:13 PM
Maybe it’s a branding issue. I’m pretty sure Electric Blue Garrison would focus test better.

DiogenesThaDogg
03-17-2019, 10:49 PM
also Azure Guard are fkn nerds

Heebs13
03-17-2019, 10:58 PM
Could you provide any specifics, random anon forum poster who has never posted before? Maybe screenshots, maybe conversations you had with any of these people? I'm assuming you talked to them?

I Felt Nostalgic
03-17-2019, 11:17 PM
I am not in a guild yet but I too would like proof in the form of screenshots or video please. I don't get paid enough to hunt ghosts.

d3r14k
03-17-2019, 11:30 PM
Very brave of a new forum account, zero post history fella to come strollin into forum town and start waving his finger guns.

The only thing you linked was a thread from a few weeks ago.

Heebs13
03-17-2019, 11:35 PM
I mean without even getting into specifics such as whether or not someone auctioning an item for more than you think it's worth is really RnF worthy, if you really want AG or any guild for that matter to take action against any of their members, you're going to want to contact officers of that guild and tell them exactly what happened and with whom so they can act accordingly. A vague RnF post isn't going really going to do a whole lot unless your goal is just to trash talk for the sake of trash talking.

DMN
03-17-2019, 11:41 PM
I hear they kick small animals and are lousy tippers, too. And don't ever get stuck behind one of them on the freeway.

Hotel
03-17-2019, 11:52 PM
Hey, remember that time they won their first Vulak after training everyone at zone in and didn't concede it.

AG are noobs who think they are 'elite raiders' because they can kill sleeper tomb golems, which is only due to the fact AM hasn't contested a klandicar in a year.

Every time this random cleric heebs posts I cringe. Great job on Lady M today mate.

Rygar
03-17-2019, 11:57 PM
When I write an in depth wiki guide for the Hole?

"Yep, Azure Guard"

When I drop bug reports that make zero impacts on P99 life?

"Yep, Azure Guard"

When I drop bug reports that nerf quality of life features?

"Yep, Azure Guard"

When I drop sexy man-on-man erotica?

"Yep, Azure Guard" (a slave to Sadiki's strong yet boy-like core)

branamil
03-18-2019, 12:00 AM
No wonder you like the hole so much.

Heebs13
03-18-2019, 12:07 AM
Hey, remember that time they won their first Vulak after training everyone at zone in and didn't concede it.

AG are noobs who think they are 'elite raiders' because they can kill sleeper tomb golems, which is only due to the fact AM hasn't contested a klandicar in a year.

Every time this random cleric heebs posts I cringe. Great job on Lady M today mate.

Don't worry, I cringe every time you post too. Make out later?

Foxplay
03-18-2019, 12:07 AM
Rygar can fill my hole with classic bug reports any day

I Felt Nostalgic
03-18-2019, 12:12 AM
Okay this got weird real quick and I'm getting kinda scared...

Mistle
03-18-2019, 12:18 AM
The AG with a shred of sanity are farming Ssra and VT on takp now.

The ones here, they are the ones taking the wrong drugs.

DiogenesThaDogg
03-18-2019, 12:36 AM
i literally just saw the guild leader slowly jaywalk across a busy street

Siberious
03-18-2019, 12:42 AM
Clicked for an epic RnF post, was disappointed.

Heebs13
03-18-2019, 12:45 AM
Clicked for an epic RnF post, was disappointed.

Maybe if we keep it going long enough, Wedar can share some more of his erotic roleplay to really spice things up.

Bones
03-18-2019, 02:51 AM

heh sounds like typical warmbody speak who thinks they are an "elite raider" because they log in on batphone and collect free loot that their 120 man zerg cheesed it for.

I Felt Nostalgic
03-18-2019, 02:53 AM
heh sounds like typical warmbody speak who thinks they are an "elite raider" because they log in on batphone and collect free loot that their 120 man zerg cheesed it for.

If that doesn't scream jealousy, I don't know what does. :D

Hotel
03-18-2019, 03:03 AM

Sorry your guild died. Enjoy seb!

Nommis
03-18-2019, 04:35 AM
/who aftermath lol
https://i.imgur.com/kc2tnb3.jpg

I Felt Nostalgic
03-18-2019, 04:45 AM
/who aftermath lol
https://i.imgur.com/kc2tnb3.jpg

Join 'em or go cry in your closet.

kotton05
03-18-2019, 07:13 AM
Azure Tards

Sloshed
03-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Azure Guard says "accidental"

aaezil
03-18-2019, 10:31 AM
i thought DB was the guild that trained everyone. Get your story straight, whiners!

Bardp1999
03-18-2019, 10:39 AM
Whoever has the wizard named "Nukehard" really needs to get some imagination. I mean...c'mon bro

DiogenesThaDogg
03-18-2019, 11:20 AM
Guys I don't like Aftermath. Once, one of them took a camp before I got to it.

Chardy
03-18-2019, 01:00 PM
Accidental!

Heebs13
03-18-2019, 01:19 PM
Accidental!

That's what my parents said. Fortunately they're Catholic.

Moerne
03-18-2019, 04:34 PM
Whoever has the wizard named "Nukehard" really needs to get some imagination. I mean...c'mon bro

(bold emphasis mine)

Go reread his class title. He's gotten me more than once when I'm looking for a TL.

Synthlol
03-18-2019, 05:07 PM

Oh no, we're well aware we're a bunch of noobs.

In fact, that's what makes it so funny when we win.

branamil
03-18-2019, 05:13 PM
Once whilst skipping to school with a basket full of petunias, and older azure guard student yanked down my knickers and the whole school laughed at me.

aaezil
03-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Imagine thinking/believing you’re “elite” in an emulation of a mmo that was beat 25 years ago

Bones
03-18-2019, 07:18 PM
Sorry your guild died. Enjoy seb!
what? lol. I was done raiding here before you even created a character.
Imagine thinking/believing you’re “elite” in an emulation of a mmo that was beat 25 years ago
thats really not even so bad, at least for the ones in AM that put in the work doing the big plays on pulls, they deserve some credit.
Whats bad is that the loudest ones on the forums talking shit about other guilds are usually the warmbodies who don't do anything but log in on batphone and hit auto attack and think they are badasses because the guild tag next to their name.
It must have been so hard apping and getting autoaccepted into the biggest zerg on the server that accepts nearly anyone.

Champion_Standing
03-18-2019, 09:25 PM

Disgusting, almost as bad as rogues with stab in their name.

Foxplay
03-18-2019, 09:26 PM
Disgusting, almost as bad as rogues with stab in their name.

Incoming Foxstab

RyoGTO
03-18-2019, 09:40 PM
OP is a scoundrel

DiogenesThaDogg
03-18-2019, 11:26 PM
thats really not even so bad

are you high, yes it is

Viscere
03-19-2019, 01:50 AM
"Yep, Azure Guard"

MilanderTruewield
03-19-2019, 08:17 AM
When I drop sexy man-on-man erotica?

"Yep, Azure Guard" (a slave to Sadiki's strong yet boy-like core)

Need moar plz.

xplit871
03-20-2019, 09:47 PM
Love when nerds make new accounts and come on here and try and bash people all while hiding behind some new anonymous account. Created March 2019....

xplit871
03-20-2019, 09:54 PM

Wow someones awful saltly........ whats wrong? not getting your fill lately?

Hotel
03-20-2019, 09:57 PM
Wow someones awful saltly........ whats wrong? not getting your fill lately?

Kinda annoyed some guilds are held to different standards than others but I'm feeling pretty satiated.

What guild are you in?

Bones
03-20-2019, 10:51 PM
Kinda annoyed some guilds are held to different standards than others but I'm feeling pretty satiated.

What guild are you in?
kinda annoyed when people like this tofat guy make a char in 2015, level up then get auto-accepted into the biggest zerg on server and develop a superiority complex the minute they get tagged and start talking down to everybody else well after all the content on the server had already been beaten by better guilds with far fewer numbers

seems to be a trend

Siberious
03-20-2019, 10:56 PM
I was hoping for more help in Skilling Up. Can we get more Skilling Up advice in this thread pls and ty.

Hotel
03-20-2019, 10:58 PM
kinda annoyed when people like this tofat guy make a char in 2015, level up then get auto-accepted into the biggest zerg on server and develop a superiority complex the minute they get tagged and start talking down to everybody else well after all the content on the server had already been beaten by better guilds with far fewer numbers

seems to be a trend

Superiority complex came after 100hours on coth mages.

Imagine posting on forums for a game you quit playing. Got to be on a list of most pathetic things.

Bones
03-20-2019, 11:13 PM
Superiority complex came after 100hours on coth mages.

Imagine posting on forums for a game you quit playing. Got to be on a list of most pathetic things.
I quit playing? tell me more
I already already listed the most pathetic thing, however. Imagine caring so much about being "the best" on a deadend server thats already been beaten by better players than yourself.
I been on this server 6 years longer than you have and still been banned less times than you. Aeezil was right

You sound just like folks from aftermath.

Good fit i’d say

Hotel
03-20-2019, 11:21 PM
I already already listed the most pathetic thing, however. Imagine caring so much about being "the best" on a deadend server thats already been beaten by better players than yourself.
I been on this server 6 years longer than you have and still been banned less times than you. Aeezil was right

I'm so happy you replied.

"Better players" what do you mean exactly? Explain to me the challenge of killing a mob in Everquest once it's in camp.

6 years is a long enough time to see Awakened die, twice. Sorry your guild(s) sucked.

Heebs13
03-21-2019, 12:10 AM

You're probably wasting your time. This guy is so dumb I can't tell if he thinks repeatedly calling me a cleric is an insult or if he honestly is too stupid to /who. I'm leaning towards the latter because he tried to bash me over a mob I wasn't even logged in for.

Littul Jonn
03-21-2019, 03:24 AM
You're probably wasting your time. This guy is so dumb I can't tell if he thinks repeatedly calling me a cleric is an insult or if he honestly is too stupid to /who. I'm leaning towards the latter because he tried to bash me over a mob I wasn't even logged in for.

Unfortunately, i think there's a lot of folks who post in RNF that don't know what's what in the game first hand. Most of the time there's minor grievances between folks in game but forum heros gotta get XP too.

Really, anyone posting negative stuff about AG as a whole is just salty that we dont team for as much stuff anymore or has had a bad experience with a single member of the guild. We're just bigger than every other guild on the server except AM now so just more of a chance to run into conflict with an AG member now a days.

If anyone wants the real truth, AG has grown to become a competitive guild on this server through our own "hard work" (quotes for whoever said it was hard or work in some earlier thread). Any guild could compete with AM if they wanted to. Just level two mages to 55, make 3 cleric bots to 40, then have avout 20 people who could login during a set time (doesnt have to be 16 hours of a window).

Nobody wants to do that, or farm idol camp, or do whatever the meta calls for so here we are. Success doesn't come over night, it took AG at least a year to get from we suck in Fear but sometimes win to we suck in ToV but sometimes win.

Stop crying about why there isnt a rotation and just play.

Bones
03-21-2019, 10:08 AM
I'm so happy you replied.

"Better players" what do you mean exactly? Explain to me the challenge of killing a mob in Everquest once it's in camp.

6 years is a long enough time to see Awakened die, twice. Sorry your guild(s) sucked.
yikes lol

I was never in awakened but ok. Even still I am well aware awakened was twice the guild TMO 2.0 will ever be, they pulled off anything AM does today with less than half the numbers. I keep looking for AM on the server firsts list but I cant find them. Your guild is a joke buddy and so are you.

Hotel
03-21-2019, 11:43 AM
yikes lol

I was never in awakened but ok. Even still I am well aware awakened was twice the guild TMO 2.0 will ever be, they pulled off anything AM does today with less than half the numbers. I keep looking for AM on the server firsts list but I cant find them. Your guild is a joke buddy and so are you.

Imagine thinking killing dragons in EQ takes skill. YIKES

Bones
03-21-2019, 07:28 PM
hehe you should have stopped at the "doesn't play but still posts on forums" rhetoric

N0tClassic
03-21-2019, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately, i think there's a lot of folks who post in RNF that don't know what's what in the game first hand. Most of the time there's minor grievances between folks in game but forum heros gotta get XP too.

Greetings

Thank you for your reply and your assumptions

I specifically stated "As a returning player" which indicates I have some experience playing the game. About 20 years on and off actually. Some of my characters on P99 are almost 10 years old now, having been created in 2009 when the server first launched. Several were max leveled and raid geared to that point of progression.

I remember the Pre-Kunark days when IB dominated the pixels (All 2 dragons of them) and Salty embarrassed himself in Fear with Fishbait trying to outplay them. TMO hadn't even rolled a single character here yet. Bregen D'Aerth were roleplaying noobs running around upper guk. Everything you're doing now to "compete", we created to adapt to the emerging raid circumstances at the time. Nothing your guild is doing is now is groundbreaking at all.

I only bothered with posting because I began to see a pattern of behavior that went from "What is it with this guild?" to just acknowledging it with "Yep, Azure Guard" because it became not the exception, but the norm.

My intent was to give AG a warning. That the behavior of their members might be having a negative effect on the perception of the server as a whole. (especially to new and returning players)

In a recent post players associated with your guild were acting like bullies and threatening to destroy a lvl 10 bard's "server reputation" for doing nothing more than buying an item from a vendor in WC.

Given those circumstances, you can obviously understand my wish to remain anonymous, considering the way you treat lvl 10 bards and where unconfirmed members of AG in this very thread have piped in with "As a member of Azure Guard Fuck You" for merely trying to warn you that your guild is breaking one of the biggest rules for any respectable raid guild on the server

1) Don't abuse the common everyday player community

I can see this corrosive attitude dripping from every member of AG that has posted in this thread and others. That's why I've given it almost a week. Not one post from an officer or anyone once saying they will do more to police their members. Instead demands of video and screenshots to be given to The Supreme Court so an army of EQ litigators can pour over the data to confirm you might actually have a problem within your ranks.

I referenced the previous thread because that poster provided logs for everyone to see and he was still attacked and trashed by AG all over the forums. That's the point. You're not engaging in any kind of self analysis.

I've only seen an effort to blow smoke up your collective asses, ignoring the problem, or dismissing it as jealousy of your "accomplishments", as if killing dragons somehow vindicates abuse of casual players. It doesn't.

I'm telling you as someone who is now a casual player you have members of your guild impeding the common leveling experience of the everyday player who doesn't want to wake up at 3AM to answer a batphone. You have alts that will zone into Kurns with a high lvl and pull every mob in the zone, depriving people in the zone who aren't twinked from even being able to kill a single mob (At Peak Playing Times)

I'll even give you a name (Bottomless - Iksar Necro) He brought in a lvl 60 who ran around the zone snaring everything and wiping it out while leaving nothing else up for anyone else to kill. They did not care if their behavior affected anyone else in the zone at all.

Note: I did not want to name any member specifically, but you demanded it. The information has now been provided.

Really, anyone posting negative stuff about AG as a whole is just salty that we dont team for as much stuff anymore or has had a bad experience with a single member of the guild. We're just bigger than every other guild on the server except AM now so just more of a chance to run into conflict with an AG member now a days.

Please see above

If anyone wants the real truth, AG has grown to become a competitive guild on this server through our own "hard work" (quotes for whoever said it was hard or work in some earlier thread). Any guild could compete with AM if they wanted to. Just level two mages to 55, make 3 cleric bots to 40, then have avout 20 people who could login during a set time (doesnt have to be 16 hours of a window).

There is no competition in Classic EQ. There is only reaction to mob spawns and Ego. The server has become entirely item effect focused to the point where mechanics are beyond abused to shave off precious seconds of time because there are no instanced zones in the game. It's like Wow consumables without the consumables. It's laughably broken. Like playing hopscotch with a pogostick for a pegleg.

Nobody wants to do that, or farm idol camp, or do whatever the meta calls for so here we are. Success doesn't come over night, it took AG at least a year to get from we suck in Fear but sometimes win to we suck in ToV but sometimes win.

There is no such thing as "success" in EQ. Nothing you do here has any effect in the real world which is the true measure of success. There are no EQ E sports that exist that I'm aware of.

Real success within the game is your Reputation. Nobody killing skeletons in a newbie zone cares what kind of gear you're wearing. They only care about how your behavior is affecting their ability to play the game.

You're bringing the "Raid Mentality" to the common leveling zones and that is a major mistake

ajohnymous
03-21-2019, 11:44 PM

Holy shit! A reasonable, down to earth response in RNF!?

(Reads name)

Ah, that makes sense. Top fucking bro.