PDA

View Full Version : Porting Ruins the Game

Yiblaan
03-15-2019, 08:02 PM
Porting ruins the game and makes it too small. People are always shouting and spamming popular zones begging to port you.

Can you please stop spamming /ooc? Can you please stop being vultures and stealing people's ports too? Can we just take the ship or use your firepots bind spot?

People complain the game is hard, but they get all the ports and buffs anywhere they want. Y'all have it too easy these days...

I want to see people taking ships more often and be immersed in their pixelated surroundings

HotCarlSagan
03-15-2019, 08:04 PM
I love taking the boat and having my client crash on zone in, then not having a GM answer when I petition for help

Yiblaan
03-15-2019, 08:04 PM
I love taking the boat and having my client crash on zone in, then not having a GM answer when I petition for help

That's what we call Classic.

Also get rid of the Linking, NOT CLASSIC

America
03-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Porting ruins the game and makes it too small. People are always shouting and spamming popular zones begging to port you.

Can you please stop spamming /ooc? Can you please stop being vultures and stealing people's ports too? Can we just take the ship or use your firepots bind spot?

People complain the game is hard, but they get all the ports and buffs anywhere they want. Y'all have it too easy these days...

I want to see people taking ships more often and be immersed in their pixelated surroundings

Are you still fat?

DMN
03-15-2019, 08:55 PM
BOAT!

Cecily
03-15-2019, 09:00 PM
Wizards / Druids not classic.

Signed.

Pint
03-15-2019, 09:58 PM
reset all druids and wizards so everyone who didnt get to experience p99 before port classes could port can experience it

Thugnuts
03-15-2019, 10:08 PM
/ooc Hai baby! Me so porty! Me so PORTY! Me port you lawng tyme! You party?? Me succor succor, me port you too much! <Dial a Port>

beargryllz
03-15-2019, 10:18 PM
Boat if true

Tethler
03-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Take the boat your damn self. That's what poor people do.

d3r14k
03-15-2019, 10:42 PM
/ooc Hai baby! Me so porty! Me so PORTY! Me port you lawng tyme! You party?? Me succor succor, me port you too much! <Dial a Port>

This made me laugh way harder than it had any right to. Well done.

As a druid, this thread is blasphemy and I vote we crucify OP.

aaezil
03-15-2019, 10:52 PM
Whiney forum posts ruin the game

Yiblaan
03-16-2019, 01:13 AM
Whiney forum posts ruin the game

You know this is Rants and Flames right? If you are not a fan of whiny bitching and... ya know rants--I implore you, stop viewing RNF!

Wonkie
03-16-2019, 01:55 AM
BOAT!

Foxplay
03-16-2019, 02:08 AM
If only Everquest allowed you to zone into and out of the Ocean zones by swimming....

mcoy
03-16-2019, 02:16 AM
I take the OoT and TD boats all the time. You never know if there's someone killing cyclopes (I googled plural cyclops) or raptors that needs a rez!

-Mcoy

Muggens
03-16-2019, 08:41 AM

Good stuff, lets make a <2 Live Crew> supplier of pervy ports

Zal22
03-16-2019, 11:06 AM
OP has a sick obsession with DAP and porting classes in general and has created many of the same type of thread.

Slightly off topic i rolled a druid for the first time and it is the most fun. I dont go anon because i like to say no. I like to port where the fuck i want, then port back to wherever the fuck i want! Buff newbies when i want! Bind/gate and bank wherever the fuck i want. Druids are amazing if you decide not to be a port whore.

TL;DR - Play a druid and do what the fuck you want!

Champion_Standing
03-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Agreed, group ports should be moved up to lvl 55 for wizards and druids.

Irulan
03-16-2019, 12:13 PM
You should play wow. No port spam in Barrens chat.

Yiblaan
03-16-2019, 01:07 PM
You should play wow. No port spam in Barrens chat.

I am waiting for Classic WoW this summer and some good ol fashioned Barrens Chat

America
03-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Are you still fat?

turbosilk
03-19-2019, 07:17 AM
Sorry but it's OT hammers MQ that needs nerfed.

Troxx
03-19-2019, 09:50 AM
It’d be fun if they had a special event weekend where there was a 500% xp bonus ... but with a catch!

A) porting of any type is disabled (to include self ports, succors, evacs, gates, potions and hammer proc)
B) binding yourself for the duration of the event was disabled
C) the xp bonus only applies to specific zones and it rotates every 12 hours to a new set of zones
D) these zones, when they flip, are on opposite sides of the world requiring run time and boat use
E) zones with bonuses are not announced

It’d be super cool and totally fun.

P99Druid
03-19-2019, 10:12 AM
Sorry but it's OT hammers MQ that needs nerfed.

You can't MQ this hammer. You must do the quest yourself. How do you propose to nerf it? Charming a mob to get amiable faction is classic, and the quest requiring amiable faction is as well. You can buy a click of someone's strings to bypass the faction by charming it, but that is also classic.

Danth
03-19-2019, 11:57 AM
You can't MQ this hammer. You must do the quest yourself. How do you propose to nerf it? Charming a mob to get amiable faction is classic, and the quest requiring amiable faction is as well. You can buy a click of someone's strings to bypass the faction by charming it, but that is also classic.

Heck, old forums from the era have posts by charm classes more or less bragging how easy it was for them to get the thing. Even puppet strings get mentioned from time to time. This method of obtaining strings is certainly more known on P99 than it was back then, but it existed and was used during the era.

Realistically, easy access to melee gating also reduces staff workload for obvious reasons so I wouldn't expect to see it go anywhere.

Danth

Kalamurv
03-19-2019, 04:52 PM
I remember on live getting LOIO group invites while I was in ec or wherever.....and groups would actually wait while I ran / boated there. Remove ports and let me know how many people will sit around today while you run there and it takes you over an hour