PDA

View Full Version : Skylar the Skammer

Hokkus
03-05-2019, 10:29 PM
A Dawn Believer named Skylar defrauded me in game. Agreed to sell a set of visible HIE armor and deliver it along with about 2.5k of other items to a paladin project of mine in Felwithe. He logged and I haven't seen him since. I reached out to an officer of DB, Nephinine, and was basically told that since DB casts a broad net, these things happens. Translated: don't trust anyone in Dawn Believers for anything. There is no screening and no consequences for scamming by their officers. They recruit anyone, scruples or not.

For those that want to flame on trusting another player in game, you are right, so flame away. I promise to never trust another Dawn Believer in game again. I don't particularly care about the loss of the items. It's just pixels after all. I write this to warn others and in someway to express my disappointment in myself for trusting another person in this game. Most people I have met have been good people, but rotten apples like this guy, well he just gave me a reason to stop showing any kindness in game to anyone else in the future.

Mead
03-05-2019, 10:45 PM
I would put in a petition on forums for sure. Hopefully his power just went out tho. It has happened before.

Madbad
03-05-2019, 10:56 PM
I think the answer is to infiltrate DB and destroy it from within

Cecily
03-05-2019, 10:59 PM
Your first clue was his title. Obviously a guy with the name Skylar the Skammer should raise some red flags. I hope you keep this in mind next time and in the future only trade with people without “the Skammer” in their name.

America
03-05-2019, 11:01 PM
i know your mad but like maybe try kissing a girl before 30 next time

Hokkus
03-05-2019, 11:28 PM
You guys are right to flame. I dont know why I let the loss of pixels affect me. Evidence of this is that the name of the toon that scammed me is STRYDAR not Skylar. Man I guess I was upset.

Cecily
03-05-2019, 11:32 PM
Sorry you lost your stuff. I may have had ~2mil pp in gear stolen from me recently if that makes you feel any better.

Zal22
03-06-2019, 12:25 AM
The flames come from 2x mad confused people. Take with a grain of salt. I hope you get your stuff back

I Felt Nostalgic
03-06-2019, 12:52 AM
Sorry you lost your stuff. I may have had ~2mil pp in gear stolen from me recently if that makes you feel any better.

F

Jauna
03-06-2019, 01:02 AM
DIAL
A
FUCKING
PORT

Seriously never went wrong with any of them for transferring.

indiscriminate_hater
03-06-2019, 02:58 AM
sounds like the name of a flurry drake

YendorLootmonkey
03-06-2019, 08:36 AM
Your first clue was his title. Obviously a guy with the name Skylar the Skammer should raise some red flags. I hope you keep this in mind next time and in the future only trade with people without “the Skammer” in their name.

True... if the dude has a title like that, that means he out-defrauded all other opponents and won the serverwide Scammer BOTB competition back in 2014.

Kintronics
03-06-2019, 09:11 AM
I don't particularly care about the loss of the items. It's just pixels after all.

Yet you posted in Server Chat, R&F, Guild Recruitment, and Auctions?

kjs86z
03-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Paladin Alt not up.

DinoTriz2
03-06-2019, 10:23 AM

Surnames can be misleading.

Example: The used to be a viking warlord named "Ölvir the Childlover".

Pedophile, right? I know, I thought the same thing.

In reality it was because he wouldn't let his men impale children on their spears.

Pretty metal.

Tricket
03-06-2019, 11:27 AM
A Dawn Believer named Skylar agreed to sell a set of visible HIE armor and deliver it along with about 2.5k of other items to a paladin project of mine in Felwithe. He logged and I haven't seen him since.

Hi Hokkus - so sorry this happened. The player messaged us on discord almost immediately because his client crashed and due to current login issues was not able to get back online in time. He also could not remember who he was transferring for.
Here is a SS of the discord message he left. We were working with him to check his logs etc to find out who it was, but I'm glad I stumbled on this thread because we can try and get it sorted out.
Please PM me on Discord (Tricket#3577) and we can get you in touch with the player.

PIC: 10685

I completely understand your position to be untrusting of someone without this external info, and I'm very sorry that the player happened to be a member of Dawn Believers.

Please reconsider the situation in light of this new info, and I hope you would be reasonable enough not to tarnish a collective based on the actions of one individual.
If it were a true scam, trust me when I say we would do everything we could to remove and blacklist the player, as we have done in the past.

Thank you
-T

Mead
03-06-2019, 11:29 AM
I would put in a petition on forums for sure. Hopefully his power just went out tho. It has happened before.

I was close enough

bigjeff100
03-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Solid ending to all this. Glad to see it end on a positive note! Case closed, nicely done everyone!

Maschenny
03-06-2019, 12:04 PM
he just gave me a reason to stop showing any kindness in game to anyone else in the future.

Something tells me this won't be a huge loss for the server.

DinoTriz2
03-06-2019, 12:09 PM
The player messaged us on discord almost immediately because his client crashed and due to current login issues was not able to get back online in time.

https://imgur.com/QBil8VW.gif

matticas
03-06-2019, 12:15 PM
OP came out looking silly. Need to relax bud.

Moerne
03-06-2019, 01:16 PM
I reached out to an officer of DB, Nephinine, and was basically told that since DB casts a broad net, these things happens.

Sounds like Tricket and Nephinine need to get on the same page. Trickets says they'll do everything in their power to remove and blacklist a scammer, Nephinine says these things happen, nothing they can do about it?

I don't think OP is entirely out of order here since he did reach out to an officer and got a unfortunate response initially.

Mead
03-06-2019, 01:21 PM
OP came out looking silly. Need to relax bud.

Yea, nobody in AM loses their shit over pixels

kotton05
03-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Just got a new mace in the mail today. Lemme know OP if you need anything.

matticas
03-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Yea, nobody in AM loses their shit over pixels

And we tell them the same thing.

LazyHydras
03-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Sounds like Tricket and Nephinine need to get on the same page. Trickets says they'll do everything in their power to remove and blacklist a scammer, Nephinine says these things happen, nothing they can do about it?

I don't think OP is entirely out of order here since he did reach out to an officer and got a unfortunate response initially.

Consider that both of these ideas can exist simultaneously. Yes, these things do happen when you recruit as broadly as we do. And yes, when they happen, we do everything in our power to remove and blacklist said scammer.

In this case, there was not a scammer. I was not going to unfairly assume that someone is a scammer. You see, we live in this place called 'Murica. And that means that we have this thing called innocent until proven guilty. Now grab me the 12 gauge and a 6 pack. We've got some freedom to do.

Yee-haw, partner.

Champion_Standing
03-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Consider that both of these ideas can exist simultaneously. Yes, these things do happen when you recruit as broadly as we do. And yes, when they happen, we do everything in our power to remove and blacklist said scammer.

In this case, there was not a scammer. I was not going to unfairly assume that someone is a scammer. You see, we live in this place called 'Murica. And that means that we have this thing called innocent until proven guilty. Now grab me the 12 gauge and a 6 pack. We've got some freedom to do.

Yee-haw, partner.

Sounds more like the things that happen when your officers are too lazy to read discord (playing in full screen I'm guessing). Further, it goes to show how oblivious and inept this officer is. They obviously didn't make any attempt to reach out to the suspected scammer because they clearly told em what was happening in discord and they could have easily resolved it. Time to reevaluate officer positions bud.

Moerne
03-06-2019, 02:40 PM

I guess it all depends on tone. The way OP reported it, it definitely sounded like he got the brush off. OP doesn't mention you saying anything about looking into the situation and offering to remove and blacklist a scammer. If that was said and he left that out...then shame on him.

LazyHydras
03-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Sounds more like the things that happen when your officers are too lazy to read discord (playing in full screen I'm guessing). Further, it goes to show how oblivious and inept this officer is. They obviously didn't make any attempt to reach out to the suspected scammer because they clearly told em what was happening in discord and they could have easily resolved it. Time to reevaluate officer positions bud.

Hehe, made me lol. troll level: 8/10.

Primordial Ooze
03-07-2019, 01:09 AM
well he just gave me a reason to stop showing any kindness in game to anyone else in the future.

Oh calm your tits bro. You remind me of bad boyfriends in my early twenties who insisted that they had no choice but to be assholes because they once tried to be nice and got burned. If all it takes is one misunderstanding to make you flame in 4 forums and dramatically announce you will no longer be kind to anyone anymore, you weren't kind to begin with.
Go be petulant somewhere else.

Wonkie
03-07-2019, 01:16 AM
Oh calm your tits bro. You remind me of bad boyfriends in my early twenties who insisted that they had no choice but to be assholes because they once tried to be nice and got burned. If all it takes is one misunderstanding to make you flame in 4 forums and dramatically announce you will no longer be kind to anyone anymore, you weren't kind to begin with.

height weight

d3r14k
03-07-2019, 02:44 AM
5'11 185lbs

Also obligatory: 16/f/cali

I Felt Nostalgic
03-07-2019, 03:26 AM
5'11 185lbs

Also obligatory: 16/f/cali

Damn girl, you thicc! :D

DinoTriz2
03-07-2019, 07:30 AM

nice guys finish last, Stacy!

Cecily
03-07-2019, 08:08 AM
Lemme go weight myself.

Cecily
03-07-2019, 08:14 AM
6’0” 190 lbs, 16(2)+2.85/F*/Cali—2k mi->

Bardp1999
03-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Meanwhile in Sacramento, CA....

https://i.imgur.com/Oxf3xE0.gif

tyrant49333
03-14-2019, 08:17 AM
To the OP, TBH I would thank Skylar the Scammer for saving you countless worthless hours working on a paladin, which you would have got to level 60 and been a useless turd other than casting divine strength. Skyler 2020, doing God's work.

Obeast44
03-14-2019, 12:02 PM
To the OP, TBH I would thank Skylar the Scammer for saving you countless worthless hours working on a paladin, which you would have got to level 60 and been a useless turd other than casting divine strength. Skyler 2020, doing God's work.

Finally, someone said it.

sonicjoose
03-14-2019, 12:09 PM
HOKKUS Where are you

Legidias
03-14-2019, 12:56 PM
Previous posters confirmed for not reading thread

Jimjam
03-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Hokus may I suggest you may be more suited to playing a shadow knight than a paladin?

Mytral
03-14-2019, 02:40 PM
I would put in a petition on forums for sure.

:confused:

Mead
03-14-2019, 03:21 PM
:confused:

What's confusing to you? The proper thing to do is start a petition in the event there is foul play. If the situation corrects itself, then you say nevermind, we resolved it on our own.

The original quote was:

Hope you're all cleared up now bud.

Flamewraith
03-14-2019, 11:37 PM
My name is Skylar and this thread startled me when I saw it pop up while drunk.

beversami
03-15-2019, 09:39 AM
My name is Skylar

My condolences.

LazyHydras
03-15-2019, 10:01 AM
My condolences.

At least his hippie parents didn't name him "Angel" or "Legend."

Flamewraith
03-15-2019, 10:21 AM
At least his hippie parents didn't name him "Angel" or "Legend."

They could have at least given me the male spelling, Skyler.

Heebs13
03-15-2019, 11:42 AM

Really anyone that isn't a warrior, cleric, or monk should probably just delete their toons.

Jimjam
03-15-2019, 12:38 PM
Really anyone that isn't a warrior, cleric, or monk should probably just delete their toons.
Typical self depreciating Paladins, Heebs!

Mistle
03-15-2019, 03:53 PM
They could have at least given me the male spelling, Skyler.

You know you're allowed to change your own name, right?

Flamewraith
03-15-2019, 10:19 PM
You know you're allowed to change your own name, right?

Bud, that's way more work than I'm willing to do to change an a to an e.

Legidias
03-16-2019, 09:19 AM
Then don't complain, skylar

Zal22
03-16-2019, 10:40 AM
Then don't complain, skylar

Sorry bud, but i'm guessing your RL name is Lance, Bruce, Julian?