PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Porters

Yiblaan
03-01-2019, 01:37 PM
What is going on with this server? This isn't the same server as I once fell in love with. I see like 6 Druids in the Overthere advertising that they are porting when there are 15 people total in zone.

There are so many porters, probably enough for one personal porter per person. All I see in WC or EC or any crowded zones are people desperate to port YOU. Oh my Prexus they are like hyenas all trying to compete to /tell someone first to gain some coin. And <Dial a Port>? Don't get me started on that.

It's too easy to get a port, might as well just open PoK... Put them out of business and stop hearing the desperate attempts to port the world.

Enjoy the journey, take a walk... see the beautiful landscapes. When's the last time you took a boat? Exactly because porters are RAMMING their desperate attempts at service down your throat.

Good riddance, not even Prexus can save you.

Doctor Jeff
03-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Why is this upsetting?

DinoTriz2
03-01-2019, 01:54 PM
It's time to seize the means of portduction

indiscriminate_hater
03-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Solid rant. Druids are a dime a dozen on this server

Legidias
03-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Porters need to be competitive in pricing.

CodyF86
03-01-2019, 02:02 PM
I remember in '99 when the game first came out, getting a port or a rez was almost miracle status lol...all while being on 56k. :)

America
03-01-2019, 02:04 PM
What is going on with this server? This isn't the same server as I once fell in love with. I see like 6 Druids in the Overthere advertising that they are porting when there are 15 people total in zone.

There are so many porters, probably enough for one personal porter per person. All I see in WC or EC or any crowded zones are people desperate to port YOU. Oh my Prexus they are like hyenas all trying to compete to /tell someone first to gain some coin. And <Dial a Port>? Don't get me started on that.

It's too easy to get a port, might as well just open PoK... Put them out of business and stop hearing the desperate attempts to port the world.

Enjoy the journey, take a walk... see the beautiful landscapes. When's the last time you took a boat? Exactly because porters are RAMMING their desperate attempts at service down your throat.

are you still fat? how's your alcohol consumption?

Aviann
03-01-2019, 02:20 PM
Sounds like a <Dial A Port> bro that took a hit on in his wallet when everyone realized they could level up a druid to 29 and bind it in Overthere for their buddies.

Champion_Standing
03-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Cuz you guys keep telling people to roll druid as their first char and port people for money. So now 1/3 players are boxing a druid porting people while they play.

ReadOnly
03-01-2019, 02:53 PM
What did you expect would happen with a level cap of 60 and no new content ever again? P99 has been locked into this Era for the last 10 years. Live had FOURTEEN expansions at that point. Of course this server would devolve into weird unclassic mechanics being stuck in one particular Era.

eezl
03-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Why can't I still find a port?!

NegaStoat
03-01-2019, 04:00 PM
In about 4 evenings of casual play I leveled a druid from 19 to 35 using the bread quest using the Feerrott method. This isn't a rapid amount of exp unless you consider that it was solo and I got to keep all the plat. Scores of other players were doing this, so I assume that a large number were doing it when I wasn't playing, and continued long after I was done with it.

aaezil
03-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Literally zero people are forcing you to accept a port. Ifnore t

Bardp1999
03-01-2019, 05:08 PM
He makes a great point, time to open up PoK

DMN
03-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Get off my lawn drooids and turn that music off!

coderedirecthit
03-01-2019, 07:36 PM

I see your angle bro.

You can make REALLY GOOD money selling ports on Red 99. Well-known trusty porter could be more than a niche operation there.

At any rate you won't get upset and come rant against your competition in a bid to thin them out.

AegnorP99
03-01-2019, 07:41 PM
Too many druids. Not enough wizards.

Bboboo
03-01-2019, 11:17 PM
easiest class to level, what do you expect

Octopath
03-01-2019, 11:44 PM
The only people hurting in this situation are the porters themselves. There’s still plenty of opportunity to make money porting though. But don’t expect 1k a hour at prime time anymore

I Felt Nostalgic
03-01-2019, 11:46 PM
You guys just convinced me to create a Druid AND a Wizard so I can steal all your customers.

aaezil
03-01-2019, 11:55 PM
easiest class to level, what do you expect

Yeah but except no