02-27-2019, 10:41 AM
good thread not up

twill86
02-27-2019, 04:32 PM
5 seconds is pretty Fucking retarded. Who came up with that? Atleast make it 30

Kluwen2
02-27-2019, 04:57 PM
5 seconds is pretty Fucking retarded. Who came up with that? Atleast make it 30

5 seconds makes sense for Scout with no variance but seems unreasonable for those wishing to have a server agreement on a mob with variance. 15-20 seconds seems a bit more reasonable and should still appease the neckbeards.

If they refuse to budge on it then setup that hotkey to trigger every 4.5 seconds and load GINA. GG

Lewkeng
02-27-2019, 05:46 PM
Licky theres a roll to begin wit on a mob with varience, make it 3sec

Oleris
02-27-2019, 05:56 PM
You want it to be a click fest then?

DMN
02-27-2019, 06:28 PM
Ain't no one got time fo dat.

loramin
02-27-2019, 06:46 PM
If you seriously want to change the roll timing, it's simple:

Show up to every Shady roll
Talk to everyone there; learn who doesn't want a longer roll (and will break the agreement if you try to change it)
Convince those people
Get a longer roll

Again, it's very simple ... but of course simple doesn't mean easy.

Alternatively you can do anything else you want. You can rant and rave here until you're blue in the face, for instance. But it won't do you or anyone else any good: if you want to change the agreement, you have to put in the effort to do so "on the ground".

loramin
02-27-2019, 06:47 PM
If you seriously want to change the roll timing, do the following:

Talk to everyone there; learn who doesn't want a longer roll (and will break the agreement if you try to change it)
Convince those people
Get a longer roll

It's very, very simple ... though of course simple doesn't mean easy.

Alternatively you can do anything else you want. You can rant and rave here until you're blue in the face, for instance. But it won't do you or anyone else any good: if you want to change the agreement, you have to put in the effort to do so "on the ground".

loramin
02-27-2019, 06:47 PM
Weird, normally the forum prevents that sort of thing ...

Erati
02-27-2019, 07:10 PM
Weird, normally the forum prevents that sort of thing ...

Did you retype the entire thing but only change 1 word and omitted 1 very?

loramin
02-27-2019, 07:17 PM
Did you retype the entire thing but only change 1 word and omitted 1 very?

LOL it looks like that's what happened huh? I didn't do that though, I just clicked back, then got distracted for a sec, then hit submit again without meaning too. I think the autocomplete restored a slightly different (ie. one word different) version when I went back, and I guess that was enough for the forum to consider it a different post :(

Heebs13
02-27-2019, 07:18 PM
At least you get a roll. Ring 10 will be a poopsock clickfest until the server shuts down.

Wonkie
02-27-2019, 08:02 PM
If you seriously want to change the roll timing, do the following:

Convince those people
Get a longer roll

It's very, very simple ... though of course simple doesn't mean easy.

You're overcomplicating it. It would be more efficient to convince the state to engage in violence on your behalf against all counterrevolutionaries. Rotate shady goblin now.

Long live General Secretary Llandris!

America
02-27-2019, 08:16 PM
You're overcomplicating it. It would be more efficient to convince the state to engage in violence on your behalf against all counterrevolutionaries. Rotate shady goblin now.

Long live General Secretary Llandris!

haha nice i lurk 14 year old political twitter to

Wonkie
02-27-2019, 08:20 PM
haha nice i lurk 14 year old political twitter to

you do? i read embedded tweets linked elsewhere. it's a curated experience for a more sophisticated taste.

America
02-27-2019, 08:50 PM
you do? i read embedded tweets linked elsewhere. it's a curated experience for a more sophisticated taste.

is there a latin name for this comic maneuver?

Wonkie
02-27-2019, 08:55 PM
is there a latin name for this comic maneuver?

prima fascie

America
02-27-2019, 09:30 PM
was that a answer or a compliment

Wonkie
02-27-2019, 09:34 PM
was that a answer or a compliment

i just thought you'd be into it

Erati
02-27-2019, 10:47 PM
At least you get a roll. Ring 10 will be a poopsock clickfest until the server shuts down.

Well thats how these Roll-Quests also started, just takes a will and a way, spam the shit out of the clickers begging for rolls and maybe one day itll be a thing.

Shinko
02-28-2019, 12:02 AM
add a FTE and click faster

LazyHydras
02-28-2019, 09:32 AM
I just don't buy the "this is for a BiS item so should be like all the other BiS item quest" line. The direct result of this quest is. . . . the opportunity to wait at Angry Goblin.

Besides, the real lynch pin for BiS item out of this is Drusella, so I am not sure why this is even an argument.

So, why shouldn't this be on par with Scout Roll?

loramin
02-28-2019, 11:53 AM
I just don't buy the "this is for a BiS item so should be like all the other BiS item quest" line. The direct result of this quest is. . . . the opportunity to wait at Angry Goblin.

Besides, the real lynch pin for BiS item out of this is Drusella, so I am not sure why this is even an argument.

So, why shouldn't this be on par with Scout Roll?

I'm not sure what specifically you want to be "on par", but that entire thought process was inherently flawed. Here's what I mean.

Nothing about these rolls has anything to do with what "should be". They also have nothing to do with what happens after the roll, or whatever justifications you want to create (legitimately or not) based on what comes after.

The only thing these rolls depend on is what the people involved with them will support. If you can use the fact that Drusella is the real bottleneck to convince everyone at Shady they have to /dance before their roll for it to count, then congratulations you win ... but otherwise it doesn't make a lick of difference whether the next step is Angry, Drusella, or Fippy Darkpaw: the only thing that matters is what everyone at the roll is willing to agree to.

You'll have far more success if you think about rolls and roll rules this way instead of what "should" be.

LazyHydras
03-01-2019, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure what specifically you want to be "on par", but that entire thought process was inherently flawed. Here's what I mean.

Nothing about these rolls has anything to do with what "should be". They also have nothing to do with what happens after the roll, or whatever justifications you want to create (legitimately or not) based on what comes after.

The only thing these rolls depend on is what the people involved with them will support. If you can use the fact that Drusella is the real bottleneck to convince everyone at Shady they have to /dance before their roll for it to count, then congratulations you win ... but otherwise it doesn't make a lick of difference whether the next step is Angry, Drusella, or Fippy Darkpaw: the only thing that matters is what everyone at the roll is willing to agree to.

You'll have far more success if you think about rolls and roll rules this way instead of what "should" be.

Maybe your brain is having a malfunction, but another way of looking at someone expressing what things "should be" by way of pointing out the reality behind this quest line is someone using logic to convince others of what makes sense by comparing it to others. Regal Band of Bathezid is on par with items from scout roll, hence should be treated more similarly to scout roll than to the 10th Ring quest.

But, hey, if you are saying that I have to just wait for super neckbeard from AM, Core, and, I guess, Anon, to leave before anything can change, than I guess it is what it is.

Valakut
03-01-2019, 11:21 AM
make green99 a VIP server that requires $10 donation status per account per month

no more neck beards arguing on a free server