PDA

View Full Version : AFK killing newb quest giver

omgtofu
02-26-2019, 06:14 AM
this may just be a rant only but is it legal on here to AFK kill NPC's? theres a dude in felwithe named lllililiilillil who has this fire elemental pet that sits at the spawn point of Tacar Tissleplay and just kills him everytime he spawns. the players character is, im assuming, invised somewhere as i cannot target him anywhere near the pet and ive never seen him. the pet only kills Tacar, no guards or any other npc. im thinking there has to be some form of macro going on or something to accomplish this? why does it have to be the sole npc that is the best quest giver for a newby cleric man, shit.
https://imgur.com/a/Fiy3f6Y

Tortok
02-26-2019, 06:39 AM
1) Invis kills your pet, so he surely isn't invis somewhere
2) You are a cleric and if he isn't using macros of some sort the NPC aggros his pet which then kills it. So what you could do is lull the npc (if he isn't red to you, if so ask a higher level Paladin, Cleric, Ench) or even better (if red) get a ranger/druid to harmo which is unresistable and turn in your quest.

omgtofu
02-26-2019, 06:59 AM
its a lvl 1 to 5 quest, i have no spells other than what i started with. its 2am...no one else has been on in here aside from maybe one guy running through. it seems to me that the pet is always first to throw a punch on this npc. to me looks like a macro becuase it takes the pet a second to target him and then start attacking...

kjs86z
02-26-2019, 08:50 AM
Take screens / logs with tells to the perpetrator asking if he could cease and desist....the true way of RnF.

Legidias
02-26-2019, 12:25 PM
Keep in mind that him not responding to you and you not seeing him ever doesnt mean AFK killing.

Petition and move on. GM's will deal with it if it's a real case.

Madbad
02-26-2019, 12:47 PM
or just kill some wasps and move on you will be level 5 in like 60 minutes

Bardp1999
02-26-2019, 07:59 PM
I have been contemplating killing the Chardok quest giver on spawn, however the sickos are already factioned

Castigate
02-26-2019, 08:13 PM
The simple answer is if you see someone AFK camping anything just /petition them and if a GM is online eventually they will check it out and suspend the person doing it as AFK camping is against server rules.
If they aren't actually AFK you may be SoL.

Wallicker
02-26-2019, 08:49 PM
This same person was training Ran Flamespinner up to nobles camp in hhk last week lolz

LostCause
02-27-2019, 11:26 AM
nothing wrong with afk killing with pet if you aren't using any programs...

MrDevilpants
02-27-2019, 11:35 AM
Besides that it is against the rules.

Legidias
02-27-2019, 12:35 PM
nothing wrong with afk killing with pet if you aren't using any programs...

But then its not afk killing if you're there...

afk killing is still against the rules.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-27-2019, 01:39 PM
But then its not afk killing if you're there...

afk killing is still against the rules.

I haven't played a pet class in a while but can't you just /pet guard at a spot? As long as a KOS mob spawns there then it should attack pet right?

Foxplay
02-27-2019, 03:04 PM
I haven't played a pet class in a while but can't you just /pet guard at a spot? As long as a KOS mob spawns there then it should attack pet right?

Yes it works but it is against the rules and if a GM checks you and you dont respond your gonna eat a suspension probably

That isn't too say people dont do it with Gina triggers looking for tells, the named name kill msg or gm names to alert them. But it's still against the rules to kill anything while afk. A friend of mine got a suspension for doing it just for faction hits (wasn't even looting)

Darkatar
02-27-2019, 03:28 PM
Yes it works but it is against the rules and if a GM checks you and you dont respond your gonna eat a suspension probably

This is true, I've been checked by a gm in MM multiple times...never understood why I got tells until I outright asked the GM/guide on the third or fourth time. Guess people like reporting me while i'm waiting on xicotl or something.