PDA

View Full Version : derp a derp, ticked at rift

bakkily
04-04-2011, 07:11 AM
anyone else play rift, and after spending maybe a few hours griefed because of the bad direction mmo's are going?

Rooj
04-04-2011, 07:34 AM
RIFT is one of the worst games I've ever played. I should have known better when the developers themselves said they WEREN'T trying to NOT be a WoW clone. Good grief.

Japan
04-04-2011, 10:31 AM
derpa derp this is a thread title it is made of meme and fail become an hero

hedbonker
04-04-2011, 11:43 AM
derpa derp this is a thread title it is made of meme and fail become an hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7jhb8_UPfw&feature=related

Bruno
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7jhb8_UPfw&feature=related

Ok I lol'd because I was thinking the same exact thing.

Bruno
04-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Honestly, I found Rift to be a lot more like Warhammer than WoW. I guess to most people who still play EQ, Wow is probably the only thing that they can compare it to, since that might be the only MMORPG people have deviated from EQ to. I knew in beta the longevity of most people playing it was going to be short. It was fun as far as being a quick fix, but too redundant, and no substance.

hedbonker
04-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Ok I lol'd because I was thinking the same exact thing.

A better rendition of it is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBuxR4hAPKs

philbertpk
04-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Rift is a Zombie Warhammer + WoW. Nothing else. NO new innovative UI or game interaction besides the class tiers. Other than that, as a lvl 20 priest, I can cast 2 HoT's and a direct heal for half my health that casts a HoT as well. so ive got 3 HoTs going on me plus I have 2 instant heals that cast HoT's as well... I can solo 5 lvls above me.

Any tard with an internet connection can play that game. I got it for free and still feel ripped off.

And what makes it WORSE is the people. Every time you as for help or ask why something looks like another game you get FLAMED by a million little kids that couldn't gain skills in a "hard" game like WoW and switched to Rift.

TARDS

Bruno
04-04-2011, 02:20 PM
And what makes it WORSE is the people. Every time you as for help or ask why something looks like another game you get FLAMED by a million little kids that couldn't gain skills in a "hard" game like WoW and switched to Rift.

TARDS

I played with a more "mature" crowd and disabled most of my public chats. If you worry about random opinions or trolls you are just looking to drive yourself crazy.

philbertpk
04-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I played with a more "mature" crowd and disabled most of my public chats. If you worry about random opinions or trolls you are just looking to drive yourself crazy.

This is whats fucked up with MMOs today. No one heeds the 16+ labels.
And I will agree with you, when I found a core group of people it got better, but that does not address the problems with the game mechanics.

soup
04-04-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with it :dunno:

Wouldn't expect to find many people saying they like it around here though. No one would dare admit they like something that is even slightly kind of remotely similar to WoW, lol

Bruno
04-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Wouldn't expect to find many people saying they like it around here though. No one would dare admit they like something that is even slightly kind of remotely similar to WoW, lol

I had fun with it for a little. And you're right, most people are sheep for fear of being ridiculed or just to act like the cool guy. Play what makes you happy.

Shannacore
04-04-2011, 05:54 PM
No one would dare admit they like something that is even slightly kind of remotely similar to WoW, lol

I enjoy WoW, quite a bit.

I AM RECRUITING PVP'ERS PST.

quellren
04-04-2011, 06:28 PM
No one would dare admit they like something that is even slightly kind of remotely similar to WoW, lol

I'm not ashamed to admit I think WoW was a fantastic game in Vanilla and early BC. It did so much right it was hard not to like it.

I will forever maintain that children ruined that game. Incessant bitching about class balance, encounter tweaking and the community-imposed min/max insanity drove any difficulty into the ground and reduced challenging content to 'face-roll keyboard for uber l00tz'.

Sadly, Blizzard seems to have set the standard for MMO's to follow.
Rift is metaphorically standing on the shoulders of giants (or maybe riding their coat-tails) because WoW has proven to be successful beyond anyone's imagination, so if you can make WoW, but with a tweak and a twist, you'll probably do well.

Walk It Out
04-04-2011, 06:30 PM
I enjoy WoW, quite a bit.

I AM RECRUITING PVP'ERS PST.

pro basketballer for hire if the price is right

Shannacore
04-04-2011, 06:59 PM
pro basketballer for hire if the price is right

WoW PvP, btw

Walk It Out
04-04-2011, 07:12 PM
WoW PvP, btw

pass

naez
04-04-2011, 07:20 PM
WoW PvP, btw

tinyurl.com/rank1cya

wehrmacht
04-04-2011, 09:23 PM
WoW PvP, btw

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9897/jetfuel.jpg

naez
04-04-2011, 09:37 PM
How dare you deface David Dees beautiful artwork?!

soup
04-05-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm not ashamed to admit I think WoW was a fantastic game in Vanilla and early BC. It did so much right it was hard not to like it.

I will forever maintain that children ruined that game. Incessant bitching about class balance, encounter tweaking and the community-imposed min/max insanity drove any difficulty into the ground and reduced challenging content to 'face-roll keyboard for uber l00tz'.

Sadly, Blizzard seems to have set the standard for MMO's to follow.
Rift is metaphorically standing on the shoulders of giants (or maybe riding their coat-tails) because WoW has proven to be successful beyond anyone's imagination, so if you can make WoW, but with a tweak and a twist, you'll probably do well.

Sad but true :(

It seems like the Rift devs are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They seem to have a lot of really great ideas and stuff, but they also need to make the game to at least some extent cater to the less desirable audience in order for the game to succeed, and that's going to be the case for pretty much any MMOs coming any time soon.

I doubt we'll ever see the old school style MMO again. Nothing major anyway.

Smyd
04-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Playing dungeons in Rift at the correct level is challenging and has fun fights... guess some people like tactics over a circle jerk of players zerging a mob. :P

Not saying the game isn't easy for the most part, but don't shoot an entire game down because you don't agree with it. Of course it's no EQ, but that's not what they are going for.

There is quick reward, but there is also challenge when you need it.

Ripcord
04-05-2011, 10:33 AM
T2 dungeons are brutal. Like don't ever expect to beat one with a pug. Its mostly just split second move-out-the-way or hella hard hitting bosses, but if any one member of a 5 man fucks up at all, its a wipe. That's where the real game is. That said it probably won't hold me over all that much longer, after running them all a few times I get less and less excited to spend the 2-4 hours to finish a single instance (and that's a good run).

Messianic
04-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Just to irritate some of the reds, WoW PvP was vastly superior (and particularly so at points and times) than EQ PvP could ever hope to be.

WoW PvP was like a fast-paced chess game because of the number and diversity of counters and quite honestly, how well abilities were designed. Not to say there weren't really bad mistakes - facerolling Paladins with pre-nerf divine storm and 20 second WotF undead rogues come to mind....

Massive Marc
04-05-2011, 11:28 AM
^classic and BC yes, after that PVP started giving carpal tunnle

Japan
04-05-2011, 12:07 PM
lol @ the same faggots who talked shit about wow 5 years ago finally being okay with "vanilla" wow because it's old

Massive Marc
04-05-2011, 12:09 PM
lol @ the same faggots who talked shit about wow 5 years ago finally being okay with "vanilla" wow because it's old

Not true. Keep randomly calling people faggots, you'll get far.

wehrmacht
04-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Just to irritate some of the reds, WoW PvP was vastly superior (and particularly so at points and times) than EQ PvP could ever hope to be.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9897/jetfuel.jpg

Massive Marc
04-05-2011, 12:17 PM
That doesn't even make sense.

Rael
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM

This. Despite how crappy WoW's PVP may be, it was still less of an afterthought than EQ's.

wehrmacht
04-05-2011, 01:04 PM
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?150039-Urgent-Issue-GM-s-Dev-s-whoever-read-ASAP&p=1972761&viewfull=1#post1972761

Japan
04-05-2011, 01:08 PM
eq pvp was good because it was an afterthought

Juda
04-05-2011, 01:34 PM
anyone talkin about innovation playin p99 your fuckin retard go back school

Juda
04-05-2011, 01:35 PM
T2 dungeons are brutal. Like don't ever expect to beat one with a pug. Its mostly just split second move-out-the-way or hella hard hitting bosses, but if any one member of a 5 man fucks up at all, its a wipe. That's where the real game is. That said it probably won't hold me over all that much longer, after running them all a few times I get less and less excited to spend the 2-4 hours to finish a single instance (and that's a good run).

if its takin g you 2-4 hours to clear t2 man you just better stick here

casdegere
04-05-2011, 02:01 PM
I tried Rift but its repetitious nature stifled my early enthusiasm. For those of you waiting on SWTOR, be prepared for a major let down. The makers of Champions Online and Star Trek online are making this game and from what I've read, seen and heard, its the same thing once again with different Skins attached to the toons. Instead of Heroes they brought you starships in STO, Instead of Starships they bring you Rebels and Jedi. It might be neat for a few months but there will be people going from 1 to 50 (or whatever level) in less than a month. These games are designed for the casual players with a lot of money and little or no patience.

naez
04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
As someone else stated wow pvp has lots of counters and counter-counters it really is a fast paced game of chess and facerolling doesn't cut it for most classes. WoW PvP definitely takes more skill than classic EQ.

however 65 w/ 250+ AA's is the bombdizzle.

naez
04-05-2011, 02:11 PM
The only thing that makes EQ win in my heart in the end is jousting

Messianic
04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
The only thing that makes EQ win in my heart in the end is jousting

Weighted axe ftw

Massive Marc
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?150039-Urgent-Issue-GM-s-Dev-s-whoever-read-ASAP&p=1972761&viewfull=1#post1972761

Just had to weigh in on this post.

That forum is pathetic. The thread that you linked makes my fucking head hurt. The pure "full retard"ness going on in that topic is amazing. Never seen so many dumb people in one place. Rift must have a horrible community. :confused::confused:

argg I'm mad at your for introducing that thread to me ! :o:o

philbertpk
04-05-2011, 04:28 PM

You wrong as hell. PLEASE GIVE ME A GAME I LOVE. dont care what its "like"