PDA

View Full Version : KC is going from bad to worse

kaluppo
02-11-2019, 06:36 PM
I swear the server population has increased this year. I especially notice it in Karnors Castle. When I first got there with my Cleric at lvl 50 the zone seemed ok. There was the normal groups going: LCY, Hands, Basement and sometimes rcy and captain. Soloers and duos would camp the moat sometimes. Zone count was usually in the 20's and the was enough mobs to go around. Even when I couldn't find a group I never had a problem finding a solo pull from the moat or hallway.

Now it's crazy. 30+ people in the zone at peak hours. All camps taken and then some. I have seen people camping the skeletal lookouts for crying out loud. It has gotten so bad that I have sat FM waiting for 5 minutes for the monk to bring us a mob at the hands camp. If I had a PP for every time I heard a puller say "nothing is up" I could buy a fungi tunic! I can't even solo there any more. The moat is always empty now. Again this is during peak times. Non-peak times is a whole different story.

I have resorted to soloing in Burning Woods. There are still blue mobs there for a lvl 59 and nobody is challenging me for them. XP is slow but at least it's moving forward.

3 more blue till 60!

kaluppo
02-11-2019, 06:37 PM
I swear the server population has increased this year. I especially notice it in Karnors Castle. When I first got there with my Cleric at lvl 50 the zone seemed ok. There was the normal groups going: LCY, Hands, Basement and sometimes rcy and captain. Soloers and duos would camp the moat sometimes. Zone count was usually in the 20's and there was enough mobs to go around. Even when I couldn't find a group I never had a problem finding a solo pull from the moat or hallway.

Now it's crazy. 30+ people in the zone at peak hours. All camps taken and then some. I have seen people camping the skeletal lookouts for crying out loud. It has gotten so bad that I have sat FM waiting for 5 minutes for the monk to bring us a mob at the hands camp. If I had a PP for every time I heard a puller say "nothing is up" I could buy a fungi tunic! I can't even solo there any more. The moat is always empty now. Again this is during peak times. Non-peak times is a whole different story.

I have resorted to soloing in Burning Woods. There are still blue mobs there for a lvl 59 and nobody is challenging me for them. XP is slow but at least it's moving forward.

3 more blue till 60!

kaluppo
02-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Sorry I accidentally hit quote instead of edit LOL. Just wanted to fix a grammar error.

indiscriminate_hater
02-11-2019, 07:09 PM
I don't get it - it sounds like you already moved this thread to resolved

JayDee
02-11-2019, 07:15 PM
I am guessing weed is involved

ZiggyTheMuss
02-11-2019, 07:17 PM
There was like 40 ppl in Unrest the other night lol.

But yeah, this population boom is great, seems more classic. On live, camps seemed much smaller. People were perfectly content with killing several mobs and then having a few minutes of downtime before respawns. Here, the standard always seems to have been that if you aren’t killing non stop then exp is slow.

Tecmos Deception
02-11-2019, 07:23 PM

But yeah, this population boom is great, seems more classic. On live, camps seemed much smaller. People were perfectly content with killing several mobs and then having a few minutes of downtime before respawns. Here, the standard always seems to have been that if you aren’t killing non stop then exp is slow.

We (well, I certainly was, and probably "we" were too) were also generally bad and not geared like we tend to be on p99. The number of things we could kill on live and have a few minutes med break would be less than what a decent solo chanter can keep down on p99.

There were so many spots that a single mob was an acceptable camp for a solo player. Ratraz in third gate. Oowomp in TD. The hermit in SK. Etc. I used to think Ratraz was an amazing camp on live, actually. One kill every 6-7 minutes who dropped a few platinum weapon every time, and you could fix your faction with red wine turnins during the breaks after you medded up? Pure gold, right?

Meanwhile on P99 the idea of a bard diet kind of camp, if you're any class with any solo ability whatsoever and you aren't doing it because you need the slow pace, is unthinkable.

kaluppo
02-11-2019, 07:31 PM
I don't get it - it sounds like you already moved this thread to resolved

There is a resolved section in this forum? J/K

I'm a cleric. I don't want to solo. I want to heal for a group but it's getting harder to get a group and pulling is slower then it used to be. This is more of an observation then a rant but whatever. I just know it wasn't this bad before Xmas this year.

Problem with BW is soloers there are always bugging me for a rez. Can't they read my name?

indiscriminate_hater
02-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Problem with BW is soloers there are always bugging me for a rez. Can't they read my name?

now there's something I can latch onto

Swish2
02-11-2019, 08:02 PM
If you're doing KC at 59 you're part of the problem ^^

kaluppo
02-11-2019, 08:10 PM

KC can go to 60. Is it ideal? no. But hands and basement camps can still offer decent XP as long as mobs are available. In my case it's a lack of options. Not in a guild so no guild groups and I don't have a seb key. There is no other zone that I know of where there is pick up group potential. Hole is bring your own group. Not sure about Chardok though.

hobart
02-11-2019, 08:12 PM
I thought this thread was going to either be about the Chiefs or the city itself... 2/10

Expediency
02-11-2019, 08:26 PM
KC can go to 60. Is it ideal? no. But hands and basement camps can still offer decent XP as long as mobs are available. In my case it's a lack of options. Not in a guild so no guild groups and I don't have a seb key. There is no other zone that I know of where there is pick up group potential. Hole is bring your own group. Not sure about Chardok though.

Seb key quest is very easy. You can hire a tracker to help or sometimes find people there doing it at the zoneline. KC at 59 is brutal.

mcoy
02-11-2019, 08:31 PM
I dinged 60 in a hands group. It was great. I even had time to med between pulls.

-Mcoy

TripleLegit
02-11-2019, 08:33 PM
I dinged 60 in a hands group. It was great. I even had time to med between pulls.

-Mcoy

I was in group with you Mcoy I remember this like a year ago! Probably on my enchanter Hiiram. I literally always remember when I’m grouping in KC how you said: “living proof you can do KC to 60. Good times man.

Anyway, there is no reason for OP not to have seb key. Seb good exp and great money!

aaezil
02-11-2019, 08:33 PM
So like theres tons of places in your level range with hundreds! of mobs up 24/7. Use some creativity!

Danth
02-11-2019, 08:39 PM
KC at 59 is brutal.

Why? Seems fine to me. Go down to the basement. All the skeletons will be blue to 59 and they're not particularly tough for their level. Spells like spirit of wolf and harmony work in here. Not a lot of trains go through the area and there are safe spots for a player to log out at if he wishes. Corpse recovery is quick and simple if something happens to go wrong and rezzes are almost always available. The only real downside, if you can call it that, is how popular the area is so it's not always open.

Granted, don't hang out around the courtyards or zone in area at 59. That stuff's mostly green by then.

Danth

kaluppo
02-11-2019, 08:40 PM

-Mcoy

I intend to do the same thing! I usually get a good late night group so I am hoping that this Friday or Saturday night might be when I ding 60 at either Hands camp or in the basement.

TripleLegit
02-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Yeah the Hole is probably my favorite place to level 50+ and clerics are one of the harder ones to gather, so If you start your own group you will be well on your way. I’ve formed them all the time being a rogue and being one of the necessary classes, usually doesn’t take long at all!

kaluppo
02-11-2019, 08:42 PM
Why? Seems fine to me. Go down to the basement. All the skeletons will be blue to 59 and they're not particularly tough for their level. Spells like spirit of wolf and harmony work in here. Not a lot of trains go through the area and there are safe spots for a player to log out at if he wishes. Corpse recovery is quick and simple if something happens to go wrong and rezzes are almost always available. The only real downside, if you can call it that, is how popular the area is so it's not always open.

Granted, don't hang out around the courtyards or zone in area at 59. That stuff's mostly green by then.

Danth

Agreed. The guardians are still blue and a few sentry's if they are max level. The rest have all greened out at the moat. But go up top and the lookouts, prisoners and hands are all blue. Basement is mostly still blue. I had a basement group where I got a full gold in 59 in one XP session.

enjchanter
02-11-2019, 08:44 PM
If it means anything, 3/4 of my 60s dinged 60 in HS west wing

TripleLegit
02-11-2019, 08:46 PM
If it means anything, 3/4 of my 60s dinged 60 in HS west wing

I have yet to see Howling Stones, methinks I need to change that.

kaluppo
02-11-2019, 09:21 PM
So like theres tons of places in your level range with hundreds! of mobs up 24/7. Use some creativity!

I will probably get flamed for this. But here is the creative solution I came up with which has worked very well.

I go to KC and lfg on the cleric. If I get a group GREAT. If not I run to BW where I then park the cleric in a safe spot. I then log the Druid in who has PotG on and is in wolf form that has +2 mana regen. I then track a blue mob and pull it to the safe spot. I stack druids epic dot with winged death and root/rot the mob to 0-2% health. With the mob rooted, snared and almost dead I log out and bring the cleric in. As quick as I can manage I target and root the mob with the cleric to stop it's health regeneration that began the moment the druid left. By the time I get the root on the mob is usually between 16-25% health. 2 nukes and it's down with the cleric getting full XP.

The druids mana always stays FM so I never have to med him. The cleric uses 600 mana per mob so after 5 mobs I need to take a full med break on the cleric. At this point I will gate to KC and sit at the ZL medding up. While I am medding I do /ooc 59 cleric lfg. If I find a group before I get FM then I head to the camp and have some group fun. If not then I run back to BW and rince and repeat.

It's not 2 boxing. It's not power leveling. IMO it's using tools at hand to maximize mobs killed per hour for the cleric. And I think it's pretty creative.

Maliant
02-11-2019, 10:02 PM

I distinctly remember camping one Aviak in his tower in Lake Rathe on my level 14 druid. if you tried to camp both Aviak towers you were considered greedy. Hell, sometimes there were even 2-3 people sharing one Aviak spawn. Live was rough. I never was able to make it through the level grind back then.

Metham
02-11-2019, 10:13 PM
I distinctly remember camping one Aviak in his tower in Lake Rathe on my level 14 druid. if you tried to camp both Aviak towers you were considered greedy. Hell, sometimes there were even 2-3 people sharing one Aviak spawn. Live was rough. I never was able to make it through the level grind back then.

On fennin ro in 2000 it was a different scene. There were 4 aviak camps that were generally respected. The tower with three of em. Arena ent. Those islands, and the inlet. No one batted an eye if you were solo fear kiting the 2 at arena and just moved on.

turbosilk
02-11-2019, 11:21 PM
I swear the server population has increased this year. I especially notice it in Karnors Castle. When I first got there with my Cleric at lvl 50 the zone seemed ok. There was the normal groups going: LCY, Hands, Basement and sometimes rcy and captain. Soloers and duos would camp the moat sometimes. Zone count was usually in the 20's and the was enough mobs to go around. Even when I couldn't find a group I never had a problem finding a solo pull from the moat or hallway.

3 more blue till 60!

Your exping in KC at 59? *boggle boggle*

Bboboo
02-12-2019, 01:19 AM
KC in 2019

mizzbiscuits
02-12-2019, 01:49 AM

gatekeep much? Plenty of good exp and fun to be had there.

Bardp1999
02-12-2019, 02:21 AM
I will probably get flamed for this. But here is the creative solution I came up with which has worked very well.

I go to KC and lfg on the cleric. If I get a group GREAT. If not I run to BW where I then park the cleric in a safe spot. I then log the Druid in who has PotG on and is in wolf form that has +2 mana regen. I then track a blue mob and pull it to the safe spot. I stack druids epic dot with winged death and root/rot the mob to 0-2% health. With the mob rooted, snared and almost dead I log out and bring the cleric in. As quick as I can manage I target and root the mob with the cleric to stop it's health regeneration that began the moment the druid left. By the time I get the root on the mob is usually between 16-25% health. 2 nukes and it's down with the cleric getting full XP.

The druids mana always stays FM so I never have to med him. The cleric uses 600 mana per mob so after 5 mobs I need to take a full med break on the cleric. At this point I will gate to KC and sit at the ZL medding up. While I am medding I do /ooc 59 cleric lfg. If I find a group before I get FM then I head to the camp and have some group fun. If not then I run back to BW and rince and repeat.

It's not 2 boxing. It's not power leveling. IMO it's using tools at hand to maximize mobs killed per hour for the cleric. And I think it's pretty creative.

This is one of the most retarded things I have ever read on the forums. I physically want to punch you or wield a medieval mace in your general direction.

Get a HS key and any necro or enchanter will group with you and the XP is the best in the game. With Chardok revamp it is now an option. How you are 59 w/o a seb key is beyond me. 59 in KC is not a good look.

Hakubi
02-12-2019, 02:41 AM
Speaking of people overstaying their welcome what level can a rogue move to Seb and actually be routinely considered for PUGs? not going to drop money on a tracker for the key, Iksar illusion mask, and early OT hammer if it's just 98% premade neckbeards instead of mostly PUGs in KC.

How much does both pieces of the key even cost?

tkelly5
02-12-2019, 02:48 AM
it wouldn't be a problem if people started to filter out to other dungeons. People need to start filling up SolA/SolB, Permafrost, Howling Stones, etc. Lots of unused zones that were never that popular on p99 because there was space in unrest/mistmoore/CoM/KC.

tkelly5
02-12-2019, 02:50 AM
OR even Velious options like ToFS or Skyshrine are great options too.

branamil
02-12-2019, 03:09 AM
There was a huge influx of players the past 3 months and its insanely easy to get from 1-50. Now they're hitting a bottleneck of getting 50-60. I've put up LFG And have gotten offers to join TOFS , Chardok, and Hole. This could be a golden age of dungeon XP groups, just gotta guide people to them.

Computer Man
02-12-2019, 03:28 AM
It's all fun til you have to run from KC back to the druid rings to get a port to get to the group to hope that nobody is quitting in the next couple of hours.

Bardp1999
02-12-2019, 03:29 AM
Speaking of people overstaying their welcome what level can a rogue move to Seb and actually be routinely considered for PUGs? not going to drop money on a tracker for the key, Iksar illusion mask, and early OT hammer if it's just 98% premade neckbeards instead of mostly PUGs in KC.

Seb keys are free, the quest is simple

Hakubi
02-12-2019, 04:28 AM
Seb keys are free, the quest is simple
I quit for long periods and have no active tracking friends. I don't have bloodpoints either and only 54 so I doubt I could solo a level 45 mob with 6k hp and doubles for 135 likely shaman buffed to.

Unless people call out rots doing the H/F cycle? could have swore you had to pay back in the day...

Jimjam
02-12-2019, 04:38 AM
They'll call them out if you ask them too. The keys are essentially a waste product to farming the hunter/forager cycles.

If there is no one in zone already working the cycle /who all dial and you may even find a high level Druid that might help you for a small donation.

Pootle
02-12-2019, 05:12 AM
I've been in TT for a couple of levels, and people are nearly always running the cycles and offering the key rots.
I logged in one day and asked a druid at the EJ zoneline for a SOW, and he straight out asked me if i had a key (no) then proceeded to pull them and kill them for me.

/salute to friendly Druids!

turbosilk
02-12-2019, 08:03 AM

Ugh the response that everything is pay to win and you have to buy everything vs actually playing the game. People are regularly doing landed cycles in TT and the key pieces rot. Just ask them to loot it. Or God forbid people set aside their solo mentality and /who all a racket and others needing the pieces and juicy go get them.

Play...the...game. play...with...people.

kotton05
02-12-2019, 09:33 AM
At least you don’t have kingore in there trust me it’s not bad unless ol kingore is in zone

kjs86z
02-12-2019, 09:45 AM

autism

d3r14k
02-12-2019, 11:33 AM
I thought this thread was going to either be about the Chiefs or the city itself... 2/10

I did not think this, but as a Kansas City resident I always hope it is the case.

kotton05
02-12-2019, 11:34 AM
autism

Is a helluv a drug

TripleLegit
02-12-2019, 11:42 AM

I get PUGs in Seb on the regular. Super easy. I got to CE tell the group to put me on the list then i lfg in zone, grab a spot in disco, abc or NG until my name is drawn for CE. Ez Pz

Champion_Standing
02-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Quit your job and play off peak hours.

Vasarious
02-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Usually you can get seb keys for free. The spawns for the quest pieces is part of a named cycle that trackers are forever doing and the medallion pieces rot a lot. I got 2 keys just asking the people doing the named cycle if they minded if I took.

Tenderizer
02-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Here, the standard always seems to have been that if you aren’t killing non stop then exp is slow.

Chain pulls are a great way to exp. If you're not first, you're last

Zal22
02-12-2019, 04:20 PM

Guy does this but too lazy to do essentially the same with his 60 epic druid for seb key. Wow

DinoTriz2
02-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Need to build a wall around the server and make Daybreak pay for it

shuklak
02-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Need to build a wall around the server and make Daybreak pay for it

Make sure the foam padding is extra thick.

kaluppo
02-12-2019, 06:50 PM
This is one of the most retarded things I have ever read on the forums. I physically want to punch you or wield a medieval mace in your general direction.

Get a HS key and any necro or enchanter will group with you and the XP is the best in the game. With Chardok revamp it is now an option. How you are 59 w/o a seb key is beyond me. 59 in KC is not a good look.

You need a life.

kaluppo
02-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Guy does this but too lazy to do essentially the same with his 60 epic druid for seb key. Wow

It's much harder to get a seb key for three reasons:

1). plenty of mobs will see through invis and agro. Yes they are green but in numbers they can kill a level 60.

2). plenty of people getting seb keys so good chance I pay for a port on the cleric only to find that someone else is camping them at that moment.

3). They can spawn anywhere so there is no knowing where a good place to camp the cleric is.

Besides that I have less then 3 blue till 60 now. Why the hell would I want to invest all that time to get a seb key at this point? I can get 60 with one final good grind at either the hands camp or basement camp in KC.

At 55 maybe I should have gone the seb key route. Now it would just be a waste of time.

TripleLegit
02-12-2019, 07:14 PM

1). plenty of mobs will see through invis and agro. Yes they are green but in numbers they can kill a level 60.

2). plenty of people getting seb keys so good chance I pay for a port on the cleric only to find that someone else is camping them at that moment.

3). They can spawn anywhere so there is no knowing where a good place to camp the cleric is.

Besides that I have less then 3 blue till 60 now. Why the hell would I want to invest all that time to get a seb key at this point? I can get 60 with one final good grind at either the hands camp or basement camp in KC.

At 55 maybe I should have gone the seb key route. Now it would just be a waste of time.

Because at 60 you will want to start camping CE/King.

Wallicker
02-12-2019, 07:16 PM
You can’t fix stupid folks

Nashlyenin
02-12-2019, 07:37 PM

I can see that you're not that bothered about going to seb, this isn't an attempt to convince you. Just a direct refute to your points.

1) A level 60 druid can easily track down the forager/hunter cycle and pull to the lake.

2) There really isn't, people might by doing the forager/hunter cycle for loot but they will let you loot the key pieces.

3) If you go to the wiki page for the hunter/forager cycle there is a map showing spawn points, just go near the area and track em down.

You can get a key in less than 10 min easily, its not that big of an inconvenience. Sebilis has some of the highest plat value camps in the game.

Smurflogik
02-12-2019, 09:16 PM

Catch me online on Sibot and I'll get you a key. Usually takes about 10-15 minutes.

Raev
02-12-2019, 09:37 PM

Personally I would never vote to accept an app who didn't have a sebilis key, especially one who confidently states that it's a waste of time at L60. Trakanon is still fairly contested here for VP key teeth.

I do think your Druid solution was rather creative, but in the end you would have leveled faster and far more profitably by filling your friends list with semi-competent enchanters and necromancers and duoing in HS, Sebilis, and Chardok.

sedrie.bellamie
02-12-2019, 09:54 PM
KC working as intended

Baa
02-12-2019, 09:55 PM
Get a few other people who need seb keys together (put a call out in KC I am sure you will get takers) - port over and get smash out a few keys.

A few times for guildies when there were no trackers on I pulled the hunter and foragers on my rogue - sure took a little longer but keys were had for all!

Magerin
02-12-2019, 10:11 PM
I Dinged 60 on my warrior in KC..I solo'd the Jail back near the Bodyguards for 1 to 3% exp a round pending on level. 5 to 7 mobs cycle was short, sweet, simple exps for any zone.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-12-2019, 10:14 PM

Wow you are fucking stupid. I can’t even remember how many times I have done the web key for people on my Druid, even prior to getting level 60.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-12-2019, 10:15 PM
*seb key goddamnit

You are stupid OP

Jimjam
02-13-2019, 03:38 AM

You're defeated before you've even began.

Polixa
02-13-2019, 03:38 AM
I've got the keys solo on 2 low 50s characters without a tracker. Doesn't take that long to find the mobs. It's not exactly West Karana.

Bardp1999
02-13-2019, 04:43 AM
Being level 60 is boring AF just so you know. If getting a seb key is "a waste of time" then I'm not sure what you're looking for here

enjchanter
02-14-2019, 03:07 PM
Seb is like ... one of the 3 things to do at level 60

Zeebraboy
02-16-2019, 04:06 AM
Tried to do some soloing around the ramparts in kc earlier but kept getting KS'd by LCY group who was apparently laying claim to all mobs on that side of the zone. Desperate times i guess.

imsorryGMs
02-16-2019, 08:39 AM
Getting a seb key literally takes 5 minutes

derpcake2
02-16-2019, 09:45 AM
i did seb key solo on a 48 druid

i'd suggest uninstalling, but that is actually harder

d3r14k
02-16-2019, 11:14 AM
Huhu at Kaluppo catchin all the flames in the land.

If you want a hand gettin a Seb key, Kaluppo, I'd be happy to track for ya. Like people are sayin, it doesn't take long at all.

k9quaint
02-16-2019, 06:53 PM
KC working as intended

kaluppo
02-17-2019, 12:44 PM
Got a group at Hands camp in KC last night. Pulls were slow till the basement group disbanded and then the chain puling started. Next thing I knew.......

Ding 60!

Jimjam
02-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Got a group at Hands camp in KC last night. Pulls were slow till the basement group disbanded and then the chain puling started. Next thing I knew.......

Ding 60!

Congratulations! What next?

gutterbrain
02-17-2019, 03:37 PM
I noticed you have a 60 druid on your sig. You realize you could park your cleric by the lake, log into your druid, track hunter/forager, drag them to the lake, kill them under water, switch toons, and loot the quest items, correct? It probably took you more time creating and responding to this thread than just putting boot to grass and getting your Seb key.

Rygar
02-17-2019, 05:18 PM
I noticed you have a 60 druid on your sig. You realize you could park your cleric by the lake, log into your druid, track hunter/forager, drag them to the lake, kill them under water, switch toons, and loot the quest items, correct? It probably took you more time creating and responding to this thread than just putting boot to grass and getting your Seb key.

No dude, he already explained that there would be too many people farming the cycle, when told the keys would rot and he could get for free he said they would charge him money to buy them, then when offered to be given from users said that's the point? One more time in kc he will be 60.

KC is a sickness, and you can't save those that don't want to be saved.

Now that he's 60, he is targeting a new alt for exact same familiar leveling path on the exp zombie highway.

Troxx
02-19-2019, 03:05 PM
KC is a convenient place to log off on solo-capable high 50s. Even warrior/paladin ... could do, did, can do and still do solo there. I generally have an hour or 2. If I can slide into a group that is always ideal but even if I don’t score a group there or elsewhere I can leisurely solo random dark blues ... so it’s never a wasted session spent lfg without a group. Outside of basement or high volume hand/lcy the group xp does crawl but I don’t have a few hours a day to waste lfg in seb.

Zipity
02-19-2019, 04:20 PM
In all the time on P99 I have never spent more than 15-20min LFG on any character ever, the /who all command is an extremely useful tool if you aren’t afraid to send a few tells and form your own group

Troxx
02-20-2019, 12:01 AM
In all the time on P99 I have never spent more than 15-20min LFG on any character ever, the /who all command is an extremely useful tool if you aren’t afraid to send a few tells and form your own group

In all your time on p99 ... never more than 15-20 minutes? Really?? Exaggerate much?

What about when those incoming are several zones out or when you are meeting group mates on the other side of Antonica/Kunark/Etc? I applaud your proactive approach to not being lfg. I really do. But flat out lying about never going more than 15-20 minutes not xping when you’d like to be in a group doesn’t really make you a believable poster.

Being lfg is something we all deal with, whether it’s afk sitting at a zone line, something we do waiting casually while soloing, or by proactively forming a group and waiting on folks to arrive or traveling to a rendezvous point/zone we agree on. If you claim to have never spent more than 15-20 minutes on any of the above you’re either level 6 or a liar.

a_gnome_collector
02-22-2019, 06:37 PM
KC is easy enough and well rounded enough for most players. Its a true gem. Virtually any other zone at this level: seb, HS, the hole, velks, SG, DN is hard to get a casual group at. It sucks when KC is overcrowded. Take a break, come back later, keep on keeping on.

Kalamurv
02-28-2019, 08:49 PM
KC xp....and really any outdoor zone is seriously horrible xp. Maybe mid 40's to low 50's in KC depending on camp, but if you are still there past that you either seriously suck at the game, or have mental issues....or both (excluding camp specific items)

Cecily
02-28-2019, 09:00 PM
Always loved KC. Trains are a feature!

Ennewi
02-28-2019, 09:47 PM
KC xp....and really any outdoor zone is seriously horrible xp. Maybe mid 40's to low 50's in KC depending on camp, but if you are still there past that you either seriously suck at the game, or have mental issues....or both (excluding camp specific items)

Players who camp specific items don't have mental issues? The greatest headaches on this server are caused by players (in)fighting over items and, even at its most civil, the amount of drama would confound any rational person who never laid eyes on the game before.

Also, all experience in classic EQ is horribly slow compared to other games. So by that standard you also suck and/or have mental issues just for playing here, as do I.

A better argument to make would be to say that players who group in Karnor's beyond a certain level have let themselves become complacent and, as a result, are missing out on a lot of the game they claim to enjoy.

Swish2
02-28-2019, 11:13 PM
Always loved KC. Trains are a feature!

As the puller a couple of weeks ago I managed to pull the Warlord room all together...except it was a Warlord, Pawbuster and 2 bodyguards. I made it to the hands room but the typical semi-afk attitude of the place meant the cleric didn't get a heal off in time, and as the group's CC we wiped pretty quick, and LCY partially wiped, and they took out a couple more on the way to the zoneline.

One to remember :)

<3

Cecily
03-01-2019, 01:26 AM
And if you had a competent group, which actually do happen there, you would have had such an epic fight... and probably die anyways. WTF were you thinking? Lol.