Hotel
02-11-2019, 12:35 PM
title

Cecily
02-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Voted yes to watch Norath burn.

CodyF86
02-11-2019, 12:58 PM
The same people crying about it are probably the same people who would take the time to make 10 forum accounts. :) x)

Ravager
02-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Rotate it for the health of the players. It's the only way they'll be able to get any vitamin D.

Jauna
02-11-2019, 02:13 PM
I voted yes because I have multiple alts in multiple guilds and this would benefit me greatly instead of just my alts in [redacted]

Oleris
02-11-2019, 02:15 PM
If staff wants to do a rotation I think R C FFA would work with the promise of the 2-3 quakes. Give the casuals 12-18 hours after spawn to kill or it becomes FFA.

kotton05
02-11-2019, 02:17 PM
The rotation is coming and you all know it

enesis
02-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Vote yes, join Aegis, and then crawl NToV with us!

Sonderbeast
02-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Voted no because Aegis

Tenderizer
02-11-2019, 03:37 PM
The rotation is coming and you all know it

enesis
02-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Voted no because Aegis

Not very nice when Aegis/ALS has supported your open WToV raids for so long!

Hotel
02-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Not very nice when Aegis/ALS has supported your open WToV raids for so long!

Not very nice taking the zone away from us. But hey at least it's fair in your head.

Shinko
02-11-2019, 04:10 PM
Voted yes Join <Safe Space> and Kill 2 Dragons at once!

Baylan295
02-11-2019, 04:25 PM
If staff wants to do a rotation I think R C FFA would work with the promise of the 2-3 quakes. Give the casuals 12-18 hours after spawn to kill or it becomes FFA.

I heard an interesting proposal from a guildie of mine: make the rotation competitive by pairing up guilds within it and rotating the pairings. Would reduce the length of time on a rotation spot in half, and would keep a competitive element.

Ruhtar
02-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Not very nice taking the zone away from us. But hey at least it's fair in your head.

Wait a second, I didn't know you owned an entire zone. You must be famous.

enesis
02-11-2019, 04:47 PM

I think the other 600+ post thread shows that folks on this server have wildly different opinions when it comes to defining "fairness" and (good) "competition". And you can probably predict which opinion a random person holds based on what guild they currently raid with. Suffice it to say, saying that a rotation is "taking the zone away from us" makes it apparent where you fall on the spectrum.

In any event, I had a lot of fun when AM/the server did the big two day crawl through NToV last year. I don't think that sort of event will happen again any time soon (or frequently) in the absence of a rotation. It took an agreement for that event to occur in the first place. If a rotation is implemented, I think that the Aegis guilds would prefer crawling through the zone instead of pulling to entrance, and I expect that it would be a lot of fun. We would probably attract some new members from the server unless other rotation guilds plan to crawl the zone as well. Otherwise, the smaller guilds/alliances are thousands of hours, hundreds of characters, and dozens (ha) of petitions behind in the race to "take your zone away" via "proper competition". Even if we got that far, the raid scene doesn't allow for crawling like some of us might prefer.

At the end of the day, if the GMs still believe that these requirements are suitable barriers to entry for the NToV raid scene, then so be it! If they want to see some NToV dungeon crawls, then bring on a rotation!

Hotel
02-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Wait a second, I didn't know you owned an entire zone. You must be famous.

No one owns the zone now, and that's the way it should be because everyone is free to raid the dragon when it spawns.

If rotations occur. The individual guild will own the zone for a 3 day period.

deezy
02-11-2019, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't mind some kind of bag system that allowed certain (or random) dragons to still be ffa.

or even a monthy lottery that still allowed some mobs to be ffa.

or even [insert distribution system] that still allowed some mobs to be ffa.

but not clear tov in a few days and then wait however many weeks (months) to be able to kill dragons in tov again.

Wonkie
02-11-2019, 06:21 PM
nice poll

the wolves have decided to have pizza for dinner. detoxx is gonna get a big tip :o

Babar
02-11-2019, 06:37 PM
My wife likes it when I'm happy. Driving my car makes me happy. My car has wheels. The wheels rotate. Rotation it is!

Metham
02-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Voted no, but im not necessarily against rotating, just that list was dumb. There needs to be an entry check to the list. I dunno, like maybe the mob that literally guards the entrance to ToV.

Shinko
02-11-2019, 10:17 PM
Voted no, but im not necessarily against rotating, just that list was dumb. There needs to be an entry check to the list. I dunno, like maybe the mob that literally guards the entrance to ToV.

he harder then 1/2 the shit in there

also i seen AM wipe on him kekeke

Halox
02-11-2019, 10:24 PM
he harder then 1/2 the shit in there

You meant to say all.

Baylan295
02-11-2019, 10:25 PM

I thought AM liked competition?

Shinko
02-11-2019, 11:24 PM
I thought AM liked competition?

they like the idea of competition but they like loot for free more!

k9quaint
02-12-2019, 12:04 AM
If competition was their top concern they would be on Red. We saw what happened the last time a bunch of blues tried to compete on red.

They like racing and lawyer questing. Those are also lots of fun :)

kyrobo
02-12-2019, 01:13 AM
I think making staff enforce player agreements is fucking stupid.

Play the game. If you can't hack it in the more competitive zones, go somewhere else. Don't expect everyone to abide by the shit your guild and a few other decided and begged the staff to enforce.

Maliant
02-12-2019, 01:35 AM
I would be okay with Sontalak being an entry requirement for rotation.

Bardp1999
02-12-2019, 02:41 AM
Not voting because steel beams melt at 1200 and jet fuel only burns at 800. Bush ect ect

Cerate
02-12-2019, 09:50 AM
I enjoyed p99's kunark-era C/R/FFA guild class system much more than p99's kunark era before that system.

There's a much higher supply of raid targets with Velious which made guild classes less necessary than they were before, but the server pop is growing. I support a similar partial rotation system in TOV.

kotton05
02-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Just rotate wings. East north west....

Fifield
02-12-2019, 10:40 AM
If competition was their top concern they would be on Red. We saw what happened the last time a bunch of blues tried to compete on red.

They like racing and lawyer questing. Those are also lots of fun :)

your dumb

Competition on blue: Racing another guild to pull, have CH chain ready, tag out etc. basically having an entire guild ready

Competition on red: cant see target, cant see target, cant see target

pvp sucks on eq

kaizersoze
02-12-2019, 11:23 AM
The real burning question is why aren't the dragons rooted. Root all bosses to their respective rooms 2019. Make everyone crawl everything.

kotton05
02-12-2019, 11:33 AM
Fifield no one wants competition on blue. If you did you’d want no CSR.

You’re in a zerg that if you combine every guild they still don’t come close to having the same numbers. Sorry that the rotation is coming and will clip your wings on emulated EQ in 2019. Btw pvp would solve all this.

Hotel
02-12-2019, 11:38 AM

You’re in a zerg that if you combine every guild they still don’t come close to having the same numbers. Sorry that the rotation is coming and will clip your wings on emulated EQ in 2019. Btw pvp would solve all this.

Have you looked at the most recent thread in raid discussion? No one in the top guilds want CSR.

And before you claim they do. Provide evidence, clown.

kotton05
02-12-2019, 11:39 AM
I said they don’t want it, pal.

Fifield
02-12-2019, 11:41 AM

Tell that to the 300+ people logging in to raid ToV while your doing what? posting on forums?

And I am 100% for no more CSR, it will figure itself out really quick

NotASmurfAct
02-12-2019, 11:58 AM
What keeps aegis from coming to ToV now? Do you feel like your wasting g your time and dont want to put the time I. And learn what you need to take fte's etc? If anything come In and bind aight and watch? But no we will sit in here and cry that you never get a chance. AG,BG and Core are muscling there way in a killing stuff but no we want free shots at targets as a casual guild reeeeee lolol

E-Queue
02-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Everything about P99 is top notch except the raid scene which is a total dumpster fire. Something needs to change. I'm not sure a straight up rotation is the answer, but it's worth a shot.

kaizersoze
02-12-2019, 12:11 PM
instances when

Mblake1981
02-12-2019, 12:42 PM
What keeps aegis from coming to ToV now? Do you feel like your wasting g your time and dont want to put the time I. And learn what you need to take fte's etc? If anything come In and bind aight and watch? But no we will sit in here and cry that you never get a chance. AG,BG and Core are muscling there way in a killing stuff but no we want free shots at targets as a casual guild reeeeee lolol

The hell did I just read?

Mblake1981
02-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Everything about P99 is top notch except the raid scene which is a total dumpster fire. Something needs to change. I'm not sure a straight up rotation is the answer, but it's worth a shot.

Join AM to get the top loots or play the underdog and join AG, BG/Core and get the midrange targets (core already has the good stuff).. you can join me and play the heel nipper in one of the under-underdog guilds. We bark like a tiny housedog for free loots and instance dungeons. Let me know when AG+BG+Core form up for <Blood Coreguard> that actively take the top targets from AM, when they get 0-2 targets tops per quake/repop.

My beef was the competition excuse. I am for competition, against instances and rotations. But no matter which douche comes in here to 14 year old 4chan troll these boards it hasn't knocked AM out. They don't have competition, they have underlings and whats more when pressed/angered they admit it and show their real hand.

<Warm Bodies>

A guild dominating for around 36 months, hey its legit bragging rites, has had no real competition. Only annoyances. May Rogean/Nilbog bless them.

DinoTriz2
02-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Yes please

Mblake1981
02-12-2019, 01:01 PM
There is no checkered flag.

Everquest = Never Ending Story

Only when you say enough is enough.

Tongpow
02-15-2019, 01:10 AM
the literal STATE of p99, holy shit.

Peener
02-15-2019, 01:24 AM
Voted yes just because of all the "guys isn't this fun? don't we have a fun raid scene? we're all having so much fun!" nauseating ooc's from AM in TOV.

Zal22
02-15-2019, 06:14 AM
There is no checkered flag.

Everquest = Never Ending Story

No.

Everquest = Groundhog Day

You do all the same shit over and over until you get the girl (BiS).

Then (Not in movie), you just realise how much hard work you put in for one day of everything being perfect then wonder. Was this bitch worth it?

Mblake1981
02-15-2019, 07:45 AM
No.

Everquest = Groundhog Day

You do all the same shit over and over until you get the girl (BiS).

There is no checkered flag. Even when you get BiS the game doesn't end. Competition is more readily compared with things like racing then Bill Murray.

Racing is going around in circles on a track or putting your hands on a steering wheel and manipulating the pedals..same shit over and over until you get your win. But racing doesn't stop because you won a race.

Then (Not in movie), you just realise how much hard work you put in for one day of everything being perfect then wonder. Was this bitch worth it?

/sigh

derpcake2
02-15-2019, 02:53 PM
In a discussion involving kings and peasants, numbers are of no importance.

LostCause
02-16-2019, 12:14 AM
your dumb

Competition on blue: Racing another guild to pull, have CH chain ready, tag out etc. basically having an entire guild ready

Competition on red: cant see target, cant see target, cant see target

pvp sucks on eq

don't think you ever played eq pvp once lol