PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus Cloak gang coming for me, send help.

Emerald_keep
02-08-2019, 04:25 PM
BitS BitS is offline Aviak Join Date: Jan 2010 Posts: 93 Default 8k many of us farmer are keeping the cloak at 8k. you're doing it for cheaper? sigh. lets the low ball game begin

I've been selling these at lower than market prices for many years. Here's a little thread i'm proud of from some I did last year. Apparently the Gucci gang price gougers are coming after me.

I shan't back down Sirs. Competition and price lowering is healthy for the players.
Come at thee.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304983

indiscriminate_hater
02-08-2019, 04:52 PM
DRAMA

kjs86z
02-08-2019, 05:45 PM
love it, keep it up

Lysander
02-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Lol, peggy cloak cartel needs to take a look at this thread:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117512

Try harder next time at price gouging lol. If you don't have people in your EC thread mad at you and flaming you you're not price gouging correctly.

feniin
02-08-2019, 06:38 PM
7-8k is the sweet spot for both parties. When Coinstarr popped up and started doing them for 4k it basically forced everyone out of the game. Then he got banned for RMT :P

GinnasP99
02-08-2019, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7mDA-b8wM

ZiggyTheMuss
02-08-2019, 06:53 PM
7-8k is the sweet spot for both parties. When Coinstarr popped up and started doing them for 4k it basically forced everyone out of the game. Then he got banned for RMT :P

Oh damn didn't realize thats why he disappeared! Im glad I didn't get associated with him somehow because I actually paid him for one of my cloaks.

Recently, when I can't find a group in a reasonable amount of time I have been logging on my druid and killing QM for giggles then announcing his loc to the zone when the cloak drops.

Emerald_keep
02-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Ziggy are you Seerrun?? If that's you, you are a very kind man!

Lune
02-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Wow that's annoying. Maybe I'll start doing them on my ranger and drive the price down even further.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Ziggy are you Seerrun?? If that's you, you are a very kind man!

Negative, not me!

Whats funny is the last couple times I did this for people, the cloak dropped the very first spawn. Last time I did this for 2 of my alts it took like a combined total of 20 Quillmanes :D

thiz1234
02-08-2019, 08:10 PM
Wtb5 cloaks

Sicc
02-08-2019, 10:26 PM
We're approaching the price point where its becoming more appealing to have a druid or ranger alt power leveled to the appropriate QM farming level and farm your own cloaks with the benefit of having a tracker alt.

Jimjam
02-09-2019, 03:46 AM
I often spawn free for all Pegasus/cloaks for a few hours a weekend every couple of months. They rarely come for me...

One time a farm group sat a player on each spawn to stop anyone else from being able to grab a quillmane and were trying to sell loot rights. Cool bros.

Foxplay
02-09-2019, 05:01 AM
I often spawn free for all Pegasus/cloaks for a few hours a weekend every couple of months. They rarely come for me...

One time a farm group sat a player on each spawn to stop anyone else from being able to grab a quillmane and were trying to sell loot rights. Cool bros.

People who sit on the spawns as someone else is spawning Quillmane's (and not part of the spawner's group / sharing) are literal scum bags

imsorryGMs
02-09-2019, 06:52 AM
Wtb one

shuklak
02-09-2019, 08:13 AM
People who sit on the spawns as someone else is spawning Quillmane's (and not part of the spawner's group / sharing) are literal scum bags

Have to be breaking some law. Give em hell.

Jimjam
02-09-2019, 08:58 AM
It's not too bad if they only sit on one you aren't actively observing; they can turn over that rogue spawn so you can try respawn quillmane on one of the spots your team actually are watching.

Until recently I was under the impression that you couldn't 'hold a camp' until you had killed at least 1PH (which apparently was an incredibly inflammatory position), and seeing as Quillmane uses a trigger not a ph, I largely shrugged off people trying to claim camp on Quillmanes I was spawning.

I'm not sure how I'd handle it in game now. Although I like to 'argue' on the forum (as I see it as an effective way to to exchange, test and develop ideas), I'm pretty passive and conflict adverse in game. I see eq as competing against the environment and collaborating with players, not vice versa.

DMN
02-09-2019, 09:30 AM
There used to be a neat trick I never even shared with other guildmates way back in the day. You could send tells to rare spawns(and their PHs), and if those were currently spawned it would send a message to them. For instance if quillmane was up you could just type "/tell quillmane you're dead" and the message would go through. The major catch was you had to know the exact name of the mobs which wasn't always obvious from the displayed name it shows to players, you also had to be in the same zone where it would spawn.

I'm not sure how quillmane would be ruled in P99. I'd guess it's actually a FTE spawn

Busher
02-09-2019, 10:35 AM
I was spawning Quillmane early one morning for an alt I had camped nearby and someone was sitting on the Hermit spawn point and sniped at least one Quill.
I petitioned and a GM (don't remember the name) told me that it is not a camp and Quill is FTE, UNLESS you have a person on all 3 of her spawn points and a 4th killing PHs. Then it will be considered a camp and protections from camp stealing and kill stealing would apply.

Emerald_keep
02-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Yeah we know Busher, it's still a dick move on the squatter's part.

TheSurgeon
02-09-2019, 10:41 AM
I'm in favor of making a druid only <Black Monday> guild that perma camps all ACs and sells JBOOT multi quests for 500pp.

Foxplay
02-09-2019, 02:30 PM
I was spawning Quillmane early one morning for an alt I had camped nearby and someone was sitting on the Hermit spawn point and sniped at least one Quill.
I petitioned and a GM (don't remember the name) told me that it is not a camp and Quill is FTE, UNLESS you have a person on all 3 of her spawn points and a 4th killing PHs. Then it will be considered a camp and protections from camp stealing and kill stealing would apply.

Rule or not it's a scumbag leeching thing to do

zanderklocke
02-09-2019, 03:39 PM
I used to charge 4K for these, but once /target # got nerfed for finding placeholders, I lost interest.

Charge what you feel comfortable with, if you're willing to do something for less money, do it.

Emerald_keep
02-09-2019, 04:50 PM
If you do it enough you can learn the pathings for the only possible PH's, so you literally ONLY kill the two PH's. Makes life a lot easier than slaughtering every calf and lioness around.

feniin
02-09-2019, 05:07 PM
If you do it enough you can learn the pathings for the only possible PH's, so you literally ONLY kill the two PH's. Makes life a lot easier than slaughtering every calf and lioness around.
Yeah. It hurts me to see people mindlessly slaughtering. I could do the PHs without track about 90% of the time.

kotton05
02-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Been spending most my life in the Pegasus cloak gang paradise

Iksar_with_a_plan
02-15-2019, 03:48 AM

Technically, they'd be figurative scum bags, no?

Cause wouldn't a literal scum bag be a bag full of scum?

Muggens
02-15-2019, 08:51 AM
I used to charge 4K for these, but once /target # got nerfed for finding placeholders, I lost interest.

Charge what you feel comfortable with, if you're willing to do something for less money, do it.

U have great character names! Props

kotton05
02-15-2019, 08:53 AM
U have great character names! Props

Hey get a room dude

Muggens
02-16-2019, 03:06 PM
Hey get a room dude

I guess it's hard giving someone a compliment if youre depressed and negative. Hope you can turn your life around some day.