PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath Derangement Syndrome

Rampage
02-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Aftermath Derangement Syndrome

Aftermath Derangement Syndrome (ADS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their hate for the guild <Aftermath>, to the point they will abandon all logic and reason. They cannot stand that somebody they feel inferior to them is collecting their elf pixels.

Paranoia is also a common symptom of ADS. Sufferers have been known to believe that they are in some way being persecuted as their harsh disdain is questioned, and in some cases believe they are about to be a victim of an imminent raid infraction, as they cannot comprehend routinely getting outskilled by a zerg. The paranoia does however not seem to be bad enough to make ADS sufferers attempt to actually contest many easily killable dragons.

Stage One: In the first stage of the disease, victims lose all sense of proportion. The guilds' mere presence provokes a firestorm, as if 104 primetime raiders were all it took to change the server.

Stage Two: The mid-level stages of ADS have a profound effect on the victim's vocabulary: Sufferers speak a distinctive language consisting solely of hyperbole. "Aftermath raids with 189 people online, how do they ever get loot when sharing it with so many people?? ROFL i logged in and saw that shit. Was hilarious! Let me post logs to spicy the cringe'ness."

Stage Three: As ADS progresses, the afflicted lose the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality. They are appalled that Aftermath members are having such a fun time raiding together.

If properly treated, sufferers of ADS can make a full recovery. Many sufferers have been known to grow out of ADS, yet many can only be treated by having their condition directly treated through the application of leaving the raid scene entirely. It is also known that products containing soy can exacerbate the condition. Treatment is easier if spotted early. If you see something, say something.

imsorryGMs
02-07-2019, 08:46 AM
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with ADS, you may to be entitled to financial compensation.

Mblake1981
02-07-2019, 09:15 AM
Stage One: In the first stage of the disease, victims lose all sense of proportion. The guilds' mere presence provokes a firestorm, as if 104 primetime raiders were all it took to change the server.

Stage Two: The mid-level stages of ADS have a profound effect on the victim's vocabulary: Sufferers speak a distinctive language consisting solely of hyperbole. "Aftermath raids with 189 people online, how do they ever get loot when sharing it with so many people?? ROFL i logged in and saw that shit. Was hilarious! Let me post logs to spicy the cringe'ness."

Stage Three: As ADS progresses, the afflicted lose the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality. They are appalled that Aftermath members are having such a fun time raiding together.

1 (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2855955&postcount=464) 2 (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2855960&postcount=55) 3 (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2855963&postcount=34) & 4 (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2855967&postcount=74)

And the elves rejoiced.

https://i.imgur.com/wyyZ10d.jpg?1

kotton05
02-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Do you even macequest

Heebs13
02-07-2019, 10:13 AM
It is also known that products containing soy can exacerbate the condition.

What's wrong with soy anyway? I dip my sushi rolls in soy sauce and it's delicious.

Pint
02-07-2019, 10:30 AM
What's wrong with soy anyway? I dip my sushi rolls in soy sauce and it's delicious.

The issue is that you should be using ponzu

Shimeral
02-07-2019, 10:31 AM
Aftermath Derangement Syndrome

A fun time "raiding" together? Is that what you guys are calling it within the guild? :)

Heebs13
02-07-2019, 10:45 AM
The issue is that you should be using ponzu

Ponzu is half soy...

Pint
02-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Ponzu is half soy...

Right, less salty...

Bardp1999
02-08-2019, 06:23 AM
Stage 4: MACEQUEST 2019

Saludeen
02-08-2019, 12:56 PM

GMO and estrogen

branamil
02-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Also if you want a camp that an aftermath member already has, be sure to post on Facebook that they are literally ruining your life and if they point out the camp is already theirs, accuse them of lawyerquesting you and killing your immersion.

Cecily
02-08-2019, 01:29 PM

I used to drink lots of soy milk and I turned out fine.

Mblake1981
02-08-2019, 01:37 PM
I used to drink lots of soy milk and I turned out fine.

snip snip

NextToTheGods
02-09-2019, 09:50 AM
GMO and estrogen

Okay, Alex Jones

Heebs13
02-09-2019, 11:12 AM
GMO and estrogen

I don't have a problem with either of those things.

aaezil
02-09-2019, 11:40 AM
You seem deeply affected by the fact you are in a terrible zerg guild

I hope your post was cathartic at least?

aaezil
02-09-2019, 11:43 AM
P.s. if the server keeps telling you guys the same things over and over and over about your guild its probably because it’s true :)

Secrets
02-09-2019, 12:22 PM
What's even more stupid than Aftermath Derangement Syndrome is the whining you all do on a 19-year-old elf simulator that is provided to you for free.

I used to have the heart to care, but honestly, you guys do this drama shit to yourselves.

Don't whine to the GMs. Play by their rules, it's their house, you aren't paying to play here.

Helping out a friend's server has made me realize how self-entitled you all are to the staff's time. I hope the server goes true FFA on all targets soon and that the staff decides to allow training and kill stealing in a raid situation.

Even if that were to happen, I bet you'll all complain to Rogean, Nilbog or one of the other volunteer folks that nothing is being done about the raid scene. Well, can't say I blame them.

shuklak
02-09-2019, 02:46 PM
I mean, if they had to suddenly start paying to play, would their attitudes and behavior improve?

Quizlop
02-09-2019, 02:59 PM
I mean, if they had to suddenly start paying to play, would their attitudes and behavior improve?

No, they just wouldn't be here.

Secrets
02-09-2019, 03:00 PM

Not really.

When money is involved in the access of a character, yes, people would be less inclined to risk their $15/mo. But it wouldn't be enough.

Quality of customer service would go up if money was involved, because you could afford to actually staff the CSR team.

Unfortunately nothing like that is possible due to not owning the IP and having the agreement with Daybreak.

Freakish
02-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Not really.

When money is involved in the access of a character, yes, people would be less inclined to risk their $15/mo. But it wouldn't be enough.

Quality of customer service would go up if money was involved, because you could afford to actually staff the CSR team.

Unfortunately nothing like that is possible due to not owning the IP and having the agreement with Daybreak.

My cookie cutter response with daybreak CSR versus actual human response from support here suggests otherwise. Both take time but even being paid usually means going off a script these days.