PDA

View Full Version : Is the rotation a backroom deal with DBG to help their new TLP?

shuklak
02-07-2019, 07:00 AM
With the "hardcore" 20th anniversary tlp about to launch, cops this unfathomable rotation scheme be some backroom shenanigans?

Mblake1981
02-07-2019, 07:06 AM
Perhaps, the first thing I though of when I seen the rotation thread a couple days ago was how I wish there was a TLP server that is nothing like classic eq that I could switch to.

kotton05
02-07-2019, 09:20 AM
I wrap myself in tin foil every morning to prepare for a hard day of forum quest.

Mblake1981
02-07-2019, 09:21 AM
I wrap myself in tin foil every morning to prepare for a hard day of forum quest.

A full suit gives good AC

shuklak
02-09-2019, 03:37 AM
A full suit gives good AC

How much per ac and do you do full set discounts?

Swish2
02-09-2019, 03:42 AM
Daybreak isn't making money from much at the moment, they're probably going under this year and EQ TLP subscriptions probably aren't going to change their impending doom.

What's in the works for them at the moment? Any new titles?

*crickets*

ZiggyTheMuss
02-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Even if you were serious, day break wouldn't care about the 1600 people that regularly log in here. The vast majority of these jizzlords wouldn't be playing P99 if there was a monthly subscription. Me too probably.

Secrets
02-09-2019, 01:13 PM
A rotation is a proven system. Works on TAKP, will work here.

Champion_Standing
02-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Even if you were serious, day break wouldn't care about the 1600 people that regularly log in here. The vast majority of these jizzlords wouldn't be playing P99 if there was a monthly subscription. Me too probably.

The agreement they made with P99 asking them to delay Velious by 6 months so it wouldn't compete with their first TLPs says you're wrong.

Ripqozko
02-09-2019, 01:36 PM

Easy to rotate 2 guilds, the proposal here was like 9 deep and growing

loramin
02-09-2019, 02:56 PM
With the "hardcore" 20th anniversary tlp about to launch, cops this unfathomable rotation scheme be some backroom shenanigans?

If it was an evil plot it was a pretty stupid one. Gee let's alienate one small segment of our player base so they leave for the TLPs, while giving the entire rest of the server (or at least it's raiding population) a giant reason to stay here and never leave.

Actually while that sounds terrible for Daybreak, it sounds like a genius plan for us!

Mistle
02-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Can't help but think launching two new TLPs in March is a pre-emptive last gasp to get some krono income before the classical WoW server launches in the summer and history repeats itself.

Champion_Standing
02-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Can't help but think launching two new TLPs in March is a pre-emptive last gasp to get some krono income before the classical WoW server launches in the summer and history repeats itself.

The entire thing was last ditch effort to milk some more cash out of a dead franchise. It's basically an admission that they know their game sucks now and they can only get new players on by going backwards. Same thing with WoW, it's the last cash grab for a now dead game and dead franchise, they're even doubling down on warcrafts death by remaking WC3 on top of it.

Zabbix
02-09-2019, 10:24 PM

Many things work perfectly in a vacuum it is true.

FatherSioux
02-10-2019, 03:06 AM
Many things work perfectly in a vacuum it is true.

Does a vacuum work in a vacuum?

Sonderbeast
02-10-2019, 03:19 AM
Does a vacuum work in a vacuum?

1. Space is a vacuum
2. The Earth rotates in space
3. The rotation of the earth allows for even distribution of solar radiation for 7 billion people.

Therefore:
Rotations are proven methods of fairness and distribution amen.

p.s. I hope this answers your question

Viscere
02-10-2019, 03:59 AM

Ever wondered why p99 has more players than any other EQ server and for a much much (much) longer period ?

Yeah, no rotations

Foxplay
02-10-2019, 04:28 AM
Good lord how many TLP servers are there now? its like the only thing Daybreak can jerk out of its limp dick

Saludeen
02-10-2019, 05:21 AM

"I remove the tinfoil so high frequency radiation can destroy my brain cells and because I believe that men never, ever, conspire to do anything and prepare to mock critical thinkers."

Ratchet51
02-10-2019, 05:30 AM
Where are my pixels at?

Ravager
02-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Ever wondered why p99 has more players than any other EQ server and for a much much (much) longer period ?

Yeah, no rotations
The only reason the population is as high as it is here is because there's no boxing. Nothing to do with a feature of the game that most people never use.

hobart
02-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Is the rotation a backroom deal with DBG to help their new TLP?

In order to make a deal you need to have something to offer. I'm pretty sure 50% of us drive around with more change in the cup holder than DBG has in the coffers.

They're dying. Selling lifetime subs 20 years in? Cashgrab for a dying company.

Still, 20+ years is an amazing run.

Ruhtar
02-10-2019, 02:36 PM

Yeah, no rotations

Lol, nice try.

shuklak
02-10-2019, 02:51 PM
In order to make a deal you need to have something to offer. I'm pretty sure 50% of us drive around with more change in the cup holder than DBG has in the coffers.

They're dying. Selling lifetime subs 20 years in? Cashgrab for a dying company.

Still, 20+ years is an amazing run.
Sad really... but if Eddie Lampert can keep milking sears i guess its a lot easier to do abuse a sinking ship than a lot of us realize.

Kesselring
02-10-2019, 11:42 PM

Sorry I dont agree in the slightest, and you cannot compare p99 to TAKP.

The server is growing, on the up and up and is thriving big time because right now everything is perfect, were getting new stuff, and the general vibe is everyone is satisfied.

Letting the vocal minority get their way is what killed classic WoW experience. And although I know the server admins and founder probably dont give a damn about growth and happiness inside the server they should try their hardest to stop the classic feeling from being relinquished.

The vocal minority just need to be ignored. Theyre the ones who complain the most anyways and listening to these people will result in the worst outcomes.

loramin
02-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Sorry I dont agree in the slightest, and you cannot compare p99 to TAKP.

Ok, how about this then:

A rotation is a proven system. Worked on live servers, will work here.

Can you agree with that? Because the two seem pretty comparable to me.

and the general vibe is everyone is satisfied.

I'm sorry but I don't think anyone outside of AM would describe themselves as "satisfied" with the current raid scene.

Letting the vocal minority get their way is what killed classic WoW experience. And although I know the server admins and founder probably dont give a damn about growth and happiness inside the server they should try their hardest to stop the classic feeling from being relinquished.

I think people here are far more concerned about Everquest becoming WoW. When you have only one guild monopolizing content, it's like they have their own personal instance, and what game does that sound like?

But to be fair I don't want to be overly alarmist; as much as AM dominates the high end now it's worth noting that TMO dominated far worse back in the day. Still, the point is right now one guild gets to mostly monopolize content with a small amount of competition, whereas with this change a much greater percentage of the server will get to experience that content.

The vocal minority just need to be ignored. Theyre the ones who complain the most anyways and listening to these people will result in the worst outcomes.

The only minority here are the people against rotations. This is easy to see if you just count people in favor vs. against based on their posts. It's AM vs. the server, more or less.

Hotel
02-11-2019, 01:00 PM
The only minority here are the people against rotations. This is easy to see if you just count people in favor vs. against based on their posts. It's AM vs. the server, more or less.

I think a lot of what you are saying about rotations is misinformed and driven by ignorance.

From my experience talking with a lot of different guilds. Kittens seem rather ambivalent about rotation, CSG members are excited, PS is excited, Lord BoB is excited, Core/AG/BG/AM seem universally disappointed.

To claim it is a minority is just wrong.

I made a poll on RnF too hopefully demonstrate its about 50/50

And realize, you would be taking away something from one 50% to give to another 50% which I think is the real problem at hand.