PDA

View Full Version : Don't like ther new rotation? What's your solution?

mattmanbass
02-05-2019, 03:23 AM
what should be done instead? Root the dragons? More earthquakes? Nothing at all? The way i see it the devs are sick of dealing with the madness, what solutions should be implemented in your opinion?

Imago
02-05-2019, 03:36 AM
Try Red - ToV downed in 2 days, Vulak loot going to apps, Vyemm loot going to alts, KT/Dain/Doze in weekly rotation.

Either join us or bring your guild over and fight for content. Sure beats waiting in line (lol).

Shit I've looted on my monk in last 90 days -
Robe of the Azure Sky
Ring of the Sky
Fist of Lightning
Hand of the Master
KT Head
Net of the Deep Sea
Abashi

I am not an officer, I am not top 10 in RA in my guild. This is just how we do things over here. Give it a shot.

mattmanbass
02-05-2019, 03:38 AM
Fuck man, red bombed, give it a rest already lol

Nexii
02-05-2019, 03:40 AM
Root the dragons. Chapter 3 in my story.

Brocode
02-05-2019, 03:40 AM
Try Red - ToV downed in 2 days, Vulak loot going to apps, Vyemm loot going to alts, KT/Dain/Doze in weekly rotation.

Either join us or bring your guild over and fight for content. Sure beats waiting in line (lol).

Robe of the Azure Sky
Ring of the Sky
Fist of Lightning
Hand of the Master
KT Head
Net of the Deep Sea
Abashi

I am not an officer, I am not top 10 in RA in my guild. This is just how we do things over here. Give it a shot.

Yep if i enter in my own solo server i can #summonitem too, and have the same fun as your having.

Foxplay
02-05-2019, 03:42 AM
A thread suggesting people try to act civil and discuss possible solutions to a problem rather than just whine and cry about it? Is this even in the right sub forum? rofl

Mead
02-05-2019, 03:44 AM

Robe of the Azure Sky
Ring of the Sky
Fist of Lightning
Hand of the Master
KT Head
Net of the Deep Sea
Abashi

Daloon
02-05-2019, 03:47 AM
what should be done instead? Root the dragons? More earthquakes? Nothing at all? The way i see it the devs are sick of dealing with the madness, what solutions should be implemented in your opinion?

Open up GM applications to people who actually raid competitively? Last I checked you couldnt even apply to be a GM if you were in IB/TMO. And they don't even have to make them GMs, select a few trustworthy people with end-game experience and give them a non-GM role that strictly does raid disputes. I can name several good candidates from my guild and those who I compete against, some of them have even put in applications.

Detoxx
02-05-2019, 03:54 AM
Sadly all the top guilds (guilds that have shown they wanted to compete) were all in a discord channel setting up new rules and regulations to follow and a meeting to discuss how to make sure this server didnt go back to how toxic it was with Tempest around and it was all shot to shit.

Oh well, maybe theyll soon realize how poorly thought out this was and change it back to being the last good EQ server there is.

Bones
02-05-2019, 03:58 AM

more earthquakes would be good...

also 15 minute lockout on all raid targets after killing a target.

Jauna
02-05-2019, 04:11 AM
also 15 minute lockout on all raid targets after killing a target.

that can so be eaten up with time to rez, rebuff or move

shutdown
02-05-2019, 04:35 AM
Sadly all the top guilds (guilds that have shown they wanted to compete) were all in a discord channel setting up new rules and regulations to follow and a meeting to discuss how to make sure this server didnt go back to how toxic it was with Tempest around and it was all shot to shit.

Oh well, maybe theyll soon realize how poorly thought out this was and change it back to being the last good EQ server there is.

Server staff clearly did this because of too much competition in ToV and not because of too many people having to join one zerg guild if u wanted ToV pixels.

Bones
02-05-2019, 04:47 AM
that can so be eaten up with time to rez, rebuff or move

yes but it still stops the instant pulls right after the first target dies

Solist
02-05-2019, 06:45 AM
An opt in/opt out class system. You can be FTE or FFA.

If you're an FTE guild, its identical rules to old lockout rules of 2016/7 (1hr FTE lockout/assembly time). However you have a bag limit of 2 mobs per 24hrs.

If you're an FFA guild, its identical rules to what we have leading up until now excepting a lockout post kill, or maybe a bigger bag limit.

Suit both sides of the coin, with zero welfare. Something like that were an AM entity as it exists now can still get about 70% of what it currently does at worst.

Daloon
02-05-2019, 06:51 AM
Or just hire 3 volunteers to handle raid disputes. They vote, majority rules.

Shit ill look at fraps 1 hour a week to see who fucked up. Beats a 6 month rotation.

Comoc1
02-05-2019, 06:56 AM
So basically ToV is now instanced, guess P99 has gone full daybreak.

Solist
02-05-2019, 06:58 AM
For sure, my hand would be raised highest for that role. But that role doesnt exist.

Heebs13
02-05-2019, 09:34 AM
As I've said elsewhere, either making the bosses summon at 100% health or simply instituting a rule that says no training in ToV is allowed would prevent the stated problem of guilds pulling raid bosses on top of each other at ToV entrance.

IMO that solution would be a lot more favorable than the current one. The current one is going to be a logistical nightmare and isn't going to actually solve anything.

Ravager
02-05-2019, 09:37 AM
Yep if i enter in my own solo server i can #summonitem too, and have the same fun as your having.
If you went there to compete, then it wouldn't be a solo server... but then again, it never really was about competition, was it?

Shinko
02-05-2019, 09:42 AM
Too guild been using the word competitive for a long time, but they have no problem petition and petition everything this been going on for years time for something new

You guys know when the “ competitive other guild got raid sup, your guys enjoyed the game more. No one likes being in a mega guild but you guys do it for a small faction of happiness and it’s kind of sad

Ruhtar
02-05-2019, 09:49 AM
This game has never been about competition. If you want competition, play a PvP game or a more modern MMO with actual boss mechanics.

AM's idea of competition here is who has the most comfortable toilet chair with the largest storage capacity. Then it turns into an echo chamber for those who login when a batphone goes out, then log out 10-15 min later. Grats, you deserve a medal.

beargryllz
02-05-2019, 09:59 AM
FTE

Git good scrubs

jaellman
02-05-2019, 10:00 AM

My suggestion:
New FFA non-pvp server deployed
Let players migrate toons OFF blue
New Server has random Earthquake every 24-48 hour window.

Anarchy Server...

Ruhtar
02-05-2019, 10:14 AM
My suggestion:
New FFA non-pvp server deployed
Let players migrate toons OFF blue
New Server has random Earthquake every 24-48 hour window.

Anarchy Server...

Not a bad idea. I would change a couple of things though...

Call it: Aftermath Server

Only Aftermath-tagged characters are migrated over and it's a forced migration.

smitho1984
02-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Say there's 10 guilds that want in on the ToV rotation. Make a wheel with 5 guild names on it, and a smaller wheel with 5 other guild names on it. Rotate them opposite directions and the 2 guilds that line up get ToV for the cycle. Keeps competition alive and keeps your opponent rotating. This decreases the downtime for guilds to be outside ToV and increases the servers relationship by forcing guilds to interact with other guilds in a competitive setting.

Dillusional
02-05-2019, 10:25 AM
According to Braknar the reason for rotation is that guilds are setting up on top of eachother at the entrance.... Guilds wouldn't have to setup on top of each other at entrance if they hadn't disabled binds in ToV. It used to be one raid force at west exit, one at entrance. There are only 3 viable raid forces contesting ToV right now. Two at entrance, one at west exit seems like a good solution.

Even if a rotation wasn't the worst thing that could happen to P99, the way he went about it by including every guild on the server is goofy.

Here were the three raid forces that could actually compete in ToV as of this announcement:

AG
Aftermath
Core + random ally like PS or BG

Including imaginary raid forces like Kittens and AEGIS in a rotation is ridiculous...

Braknar may also have single handedly resurrected Tempest. That guild was dead at the time of his announcement and didn't actually compete in ToV last week lol.

My solution is to get rid of leashing on this server, restore bind points in ToV and resume business as usual. More people were participating in the raid scene than ever. The server has never been more popular. I don't believe this rotation will help this server at all.

Supreme
02-05-2019, 10:36 AM

3 day instead of 7 day spawns.

24 hour instead of 3 day spawns.

6 hours instead of 24 hours spawns

2 hours instead of 6 hour spawns.

30 mins instead of 2 hour spawns.

Everything else 6 min spawns.

More spawns more loot more plat more xp....

Veleria
02-05-2019, 10:41 AM
FTE

Git good scrubs

The true sign of skill. Who can hit the /target macro the fastest.

Heebs13
02-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Make the bosses summon at 100% HP.
OR
Make a rule that there's no training allowed in ToV.
OR
Open up another server that's full rotations
OR
Open up another server that's completely FFA.
OR
Just instance the damn thing.

Literally any of these would be a better solution than this weird forced rotation.

Ravager
02-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Make the bosses summon at 100% HP.
OR
Make a rule that there's no training allowed in ToV.
OR
Open up another server that's full rotations
OR
Open up another server that's completely FFA.
OR
Just instance the damn thing.

Literally any of these would be a better solution than this weird forced rotation.
One of these things already exists.

aaezil
02-05-2019, 10:53 AM

Someone seems salty that their zerg monopoly on the server is getting broken up. Boo hoo. Your little invite only club wont change it man, you’re reaching here.

Heebs13
02-05-2019, 10:58 AM
One of these things already exists.

Yes but people are scared of pvp.

Magerin
02-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Why is red in the blue forums again? The server stands for itself, junk status.

Ravager
02-05-2019, 11:18 AM
I don't play red, but everything these idiots claim to want is on red already. But they really don't want FFA competition. They want to make the end game so insufferable through fraps and petitions that nobody sane would put up with it so they can stand in the DKP lines for their free pixels.

Heebs13
02-05-2019, 11:28 AM
I don't play red, but everything these idiots claim to want is on red already. But they really don't want FFA competition. They want to make the end game so insufferable through fraps and petitions that nobody sane would put up with it so they can stand in the DKP lines for their free pixels.

You're not wrong.

matticas
02-05-2019, 11:50 AM
According to Braknar the reason for rotation is that guilds are setting up on top of eachother at the entrance.... Guilds wouldn't have to setup on top of each other at entrance if they hadn't disabled binds in ToV. It used to be one raid force at west exit, one at entrance. There are only 3 viable raid forces contesting ToV right now. Two at entrance, one at west exit seems like a good solution.

Even if a rotation wasn't the worst thing that could happen to P99, the way he went about it by including every guild on the server is goofy.

Here were the three raid forces that could actually compete in ToV as of this announcement:

AG
Aftermath
Core + random ally like PS or BG

Including imaginary raid forces like Kittens and AEGIS in a rotation is ridiculous...

Braknar may also have single handedly resurrected Tempest. That guild was dead at the time of his announcement and didn't actually compete in ToV last week lol.

My solution is to get rid of leashing on this server, restore bind points in ToV and resume business as usual. More people were participating in the raid scene than ever. The server has never been more popular. I don't believe this rotation will help this server at all.

Champion_Standing
02-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Go play Fortnite, FFA, no poopsocking, loot everywhere.

Wikipedia
02-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Why's everyone hating on fraps. Lliterally the best entertaiment of this server comes from people behaving badly while not knowing they are bind sight+frapsed.

Also would you rather people just cheat and... just not have anything consequences?

Ruhtar
02-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Also would you rather people just cheat and... just not have anything consequences?

I think most people on the server would prefer everyone to act like sane adults playing a 20-year old elf simulator and not have to cheat at all. It's almost like these shenanigans led us to this very point in time.

Jonabis
02-05-2019, 12:22 PM
There are several things I don't like about this rotation.

1. This rotation will proliferate the issue that is trying to be cured in TOV elsewhere. Top guilds not having to focus on TOV respawns is going to further congest other spawns and no doubt trickle down to some even lesser targets that have been off of the TOV participants radar which has given smaller / growing guilds opportunity for raid targets weekly. To fix this, without ditching the rotation entirely, the guild who's turn it is for TOV should be locked into TOV targets only for that week.

2. No proving grounds. You just put your name on a list and that's enough to prove you can kill Vyemm? That's nuts. There should be some sort of entry for those entities that have not shown through competitive measure already that they can as a raiding entity in fact clear TOV. The only guilds on the rotation list should be guilds that have proven the ability to clear the zone already. Currently that would be AG, AM, Tempest (That have killed Vyemm as a raiding entity), forgive me if I missed anyone. If guild <Potato Hustlers> has not proven themselves capable and they would enter the rotation behind the last guild of proven raid entities in the rotation, they should be given 24 hours to kill Vyemm on the last guild in the roation's turn in to gain their seat in the rotation. If they pass the test they gain access to the rotation and give up the Vyemm spawn on their turn to the guild that provided their test Vyemm. If <Potato Hustlers> fails to kill Vyemm, the guild who's turn it was has rights to kill Vyemm after the 24 hours window of opportunity passes. <Potato Hustlers> gets moved to the bottom of the not proven rotation list. Only one new raiding entity would be added during each rotation round. This keeps the rotation smaller at first and will grow by only one raid force during each round of the rotation. Starting it out at a 2.5 month rotation without some of these guilds even setting foot in north , ever, seems weird. I am all for everyone getting to experience TOV, but why make a super shitty long rotation a two or three month cool down when it may not need to be?

So the list would be

Proven Rotation:

Aftermath
Azure Guard
Tempest

Not Proven Rotation:
Potato Hustlers
X1
X2
X3

I personally really enjoyed the thrill and challenge that competitive TOV raiding provided, but I understand the thought behind trying to be inclusive to the community as a whole, not just the 40-50 collective neck beards from the top 3 guilds who prefer the free for all FTE competition. That being said, I think this rotation, the way it has been set up, will actually cause more of a choke on content for lower tier guilds as higher tier guilds are going to have less distraction from TOV. I am not sure that some of these guilds auto entered to the rotation are actually capable of clearing TOV as they have shown little to no effort in testing their ability on these fronts. I wish them and everyone else the best as these changes are implemented and hope that I am wrong about the potential backfire it may cause.

bigjeff100
02-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Full time blue player here.. Switched to red not long ago, much happier place for a casual player.. Just saying- Try it.....

roks1
02-05-2019, 01:47 PM

Just do what everyone else did, join the soft rotation of joining aftermath until you get the item you want and start seeing shapes while staring at walls.

Castigate
02-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Why's everyone hating on fraps. Lliterally the best entertaiment of this server comes from people behaving badly while not knowing they are bind sight+frapsed.

Trying to catch tiny technical fouls from your opponents and calling them victories is pretty laughable. Funniest part is as soon as we developed a way to avoid FTEs getting dropped eliminating most room for rules lawyering you all folded and real competition with Blore and AG got exciting.
You must be an NFL fan. :D

bspa0700
02-05-2019, 02:04 PM
The true sign of skill. Who can hit the /target macro the fastest.

Not trying to be rude, but this post displays quite a bit of ignorance.

Naerron
02-05-2019, 02:11 PM
Think a tag limit on how many mobs per cycle would be good too, would make people not try to lock down every mob in every zone.

Fingurs
02-05-2019, 02:19 PM

Dude you were and still are the most toxic person on the server. It says so in your name!

You guys broke rules like it was mandatory requirement.

You can thank Core for their targeted attack - new GM, new Rules, new life.

#DealWithIt

shadowdinah
02-05-2019, 02:19 PM
So many false statements and blind allegations. Half these comments are from people who are completely irrelevant to p99.

The top guilds, after Tempest demise, were actually working together, we were actually going to make top end raiding a more fun environment for all who could contest. Thanks for temporarily ruining the best EQ server that we've ever seen...

I dont for see this being a ruling for a long time. It'll probably go as fast as it came... 10 minutes prior to writing it. xD Well thought out!

bspa0700
02-05-2019, 02:27 PM
First of all, I don't think the way things were going was a problem. However, since this forum is filled with people who don't even know the rules because they don't compete, here they are:

The rules in ToV were pretty clear:
* Two trackers per wing -- any more and you concede anything that spawns while you're above 2
* Tracker FTE = concede, unless competing tracker trains you
* Anyone past the zone line at time of the spawn cannot get a FTE
* First FTE gets choice of kill location
* If you train the zone in, you concede the mob and cannot compete again until anyone you trained is up and running again
* If you kite/stall the mob (defined as getting to the 4way in west), you drop it and let it reset to at least aary drop
* You cannot train up until you have active FTE
* Training wyverns / interfering with active FTE is a concede x2
* Cannot have 2 active FTEs
* Must call your target if you FTE more than 1 dragon. You must concede any dragons you kite
* Player agreement not to coth duck

Changes I would make:
* Fix Ikatiar not having a FTE msg. This has been broken for over a year. How hard is it to fix, really?
* If you kite a dragon as part of a pull (say both twins are up, and your target is Lady N, and you must kite Jorlleag to pull Lady N) - then you should not be DQd from Jorlleag. Instead, you should just have to wait until Lady N is dead to FTE it. If no other guild can get the pull done by the time Lady N is dead, then shame on them, get good.
* If you train the zone in or competing guild trackers 2x or more in a single cycle, you're done for that cycle.
* Utilize a UN style, cross guild discord to determine fate. Guilds must show good faith and an unbiased approach to settling disputes to participate.

hobart
02-05-2019, 02:42 PM
PS is a good example because they have all the skills and knowledge to kill everything but just lack numbers.

Why would they not kill 3/4 of the ToV dragons in prime time evenings to hog all the loot knowing some dragons won't get killed due to their numbers? I'd rather kill 3/4 of the mobs myself then team with another guild and share the loot with them 50/50.

Now lets take this further and think of all the guilds capable of killing just Ikki and Telk. Do they all get a week? I guess so seeing Euro and Omni get a slot with their 12 active raiders.

Lol at AM waiting 12 weeks and the first two days of their 72 hours for repops just to clean the zone in 45 mins, but still...

loramin
02-05-2019, 02:44 PM
First of all, I don't think the way things were going was a problem.

I wonder why ...

Conda <Aftermath>

loramin
02-05-2019, 02:46 PM
Don't allow child neglecting dads like Braknar to make up rules about dragons.

Seriously. The guy neglects his children to play dragon traffic cop.
Yikes

Anyone who is stupid enough to think this was Braknar's idea, and that none of the rest of the staff (including Rogean) had anything to do with it, is either too stupid or too completely ignorant of how this project works.

Castigate
02-05-2019, 02:52 PM
You guys broke rules like it was mandatory requirement.

We go so far out of our way to both follow the rules and "the spirit of the rules" at this point that your continued repetition of this tired old line is just a bad joke, and when we fuck up we make sure to make it right as best we can and have since at least when I joined a year and a month ago.
Your continued delusion is the reason you failed within a month after getting 4 free Vulaks and your void was more than filled in under a week.
It's no real secret that Aftermath made our frapses public allowing them to be reviewed by all parties and Tempest went out of their way to conceal theirs to create an uneven petitionquest playing field where they could specifically poke holes in other peoples arguments while the opposition didn't even know what foul they may or may not have committed.
Congrats on 8+ weeks to re-form with a free spot in the rotation from your deathbed though.

Fingurs
02-05-2019, 03:13 PM
We go so far out of our way to both follow the rules and "the spirit of the rules" at this point that your continued repetition of this tired old line is just a bad joke, and when we fuck up we make sure to make it right as best we can and have since at least when I joined a year and a month ago.
Your continued delusion is the reason you failed within a month after getting 4 free Vulaks and your void was more than filled in under a week.
It's no real secret that Aftermath made our frapses public allowing them to be reviewed by all parties and Tempest went out of their way to conceal theirs to create an uneven petitionquest playing field where they could specifically poke holes in other peoples arguments while the opposition didn't even know what foul they may or may not have committed.
Congrats on 8+ weeks to re-form with a free spot in the rotation from your deathbed though.

Yes and this is why you guys conceded like 4x as many mobs. Thus making you the #1 overall breaker of rules. Ogremath is bad in your guild.

...Good luck satisfying the pixel demands of your 500+ guild members. LOL.

shutdown
02-05-2019, 03:16 PM
If Aftermath keeps bashing staff like this, they could be removed from the rotation

Hashed
02-05-2019, 03:20 PM
LOL "classic" is crawling ToV like a boss. ZL pulls are not and never were classic (read the plethora of forum posts and strategy discussions available) QQ RIP skillless zerg. Pulling to ZL and training other guilds is not "competition". The ones screaming the loudest are the worst offenders it seems

Oppressive
02-05-2019, 03:21 PM
"But the competition!"

How can you compete with a guild that can instantly conjure up 200 people at 1 AM...

ITT: Zerglings mad they cannot farm pixels

Saludeen
Make the priest of discord take everyone's books.

Oppressive
And as far as "not wanting to go back to the toxic raid scene"

You guys are the toxic raid scene..

Castigate
02-05-2019, 03:48 PM
Yes and this is why you guys conceded like 4x as many mobs. Thus making you the #1 overall breaker of rules. Ogremath is bad in your guild.

...Good luck satisfying the pixel demands of your 500+ guild members. LOL.

Like I said, we made our arguments public, you concealed yours, which is allowed and is perfectly acceptable to choose to do, and as a result we did not want to test your evidence even in cases where we were aware of no wrongdoing on our part and chose to concede rather than "roll the dice". You certainly had our evidence and were able to fight it when you could create plausible deniability. Again, within the rules, and kept your guild afloat, but as we were able to clean up your excuses finally ran out for never getting real wins.
Your "ogremath" was at all times disingenuous, and you never realized that the real lesson was to actually try to win rather than crying foul every time you lost.