PDA

View Full Version : How is it possible to so poorly understand your playerbase?

bspa0700
02-05-2019, 12:59 AM
Genuine question.

Do you not understand that you just killed the drive to play on this server for ALL of the legends? All of the people who make it great?

You seriously may as well have just deleted the server.

Ruhtar
02-05-2019, 01:00 AM
Lol

Wonkie
02-05-2019, 01:02 AM
that's a good thing though

Mytral
02-05-2019, 01:02 AM

Pretty sure that is their intention.

Wonkie
02-05-2019, 01:03 AM
95% of petitions come from raidshitters wasting staffs time with their bullshit

FACT

aaezil
02-05-2019, 01:07 AM
How long does a refund take for my p99 subscription? And how do I get in touch with the corporate office? Is all of AM quitting actually like cancer miraculously disappearing? Is a content locked server with angry lawyerquesting nerds who need to "compete" with 150 people logged in a good thing? Should these leet competitors maybe get into sports? Do people forget the server history and how many changes were decried as "killing the game"? All very good questions I agree.

Rang
02-05-2019, 01:23 AM
Did you just un-ironically refer to P99 Everquest Emulator raiders as “legends”?

ReadOnly
02-05-2019, 01:23 AM
Maybe since AM will have to sit out of ToV they can finally invest in some lessons for their members on not being total jerks 24/7.

Nexii
02-05-2019, 01:25 AM
Never mind the playerbase. It won't even work out mathematically. With variance being a thing there isn't a guarantee all of TOV will pop in your 3 day window, if the previous guild killed their targets near the end. Or if targets went FFA ahead of your weekly window.

evilkorn
02-05-2019, 01:27 AM
Maybe since AM will have to sit out of ToV they can finally invest in some lessons for their members on not being total jerks 24/7.

Looks like you will have to deal with those jerks more often cause there's going to be fuck all else to do outside of the 3 nights a year they wont be in tov.

Ruhtar
02-05-2019, 01:28 AM
Never mind the playerbase. It won't even work out mathematically. With variance being a thing there isn't a guarantee all of TOV will pop in your 3 day window, if the previous guild killed their targets near the end. Or if targets went FFA ahead of your weekly window.

7-day window*. 3-day window starts when you kill a dragon.

Pringles
02-05-2019, 01:28 AM
Expect actual earthquakes now to mitigate said variance. lol that you think raiders are the intended player base for this server. more like a rat in a maze that various GM's have messed with for laughs. seems everyone's tired of that game though.

Bones
02-05-2019, 01:29 AM
while i completely disagree with these rules its hilarious seeing all the aftermath players immediately flooding the forums and bitching and calling for the end of the server

Nommis
02-05-2019, 01:30 AM
while i completely disagree with these rules its hilarious seeing all the aftermath players immediately flooding the forums and bitching and calling for the end of the server

^

phatogre
02-05-2019, 01:31 AM

DMN
02-05-2019, 01:37 AM
We wuz legends...

and fucks were given all around.

bspa0700
02-05-2019, 01:45 AM
Did you just un-ironically refer to P99 Everquest Emulator raiders as “legends”?

The fact that you posted this tells me you don't know. It's cool. I hope levelling at orc highway is fun for you.

But yes. There are some legendary pull team members at the top end. People who made mind blowing plays, week after week, in what was a remarkably awesome raid scene.

Heebs13
02-05-2019, 01:46 AM
The fact that you posted this tells me you don't know. It's cool. I hope levelling at orc highway is fun for you.

But yes. There are some legendary pull team members at the top end. People who made mind blowing plays, week after week, in what was a remarkably awesome raid scene.

P L A Y M A K E R S

Wonkie
02-05-2019, 01:47 AM

it's truly mindblowing how u think getting chased by a dragon is somehow important

Daloon
02-05-2019, 01:48 AM
it's truly mindblowing how u think getting chased by a dragon is somehow important

And yet here you are.

Wonkie
02-05-2019, 01:52 AM
And yet here you are.

what's that sposed to mean? reminds me a Idiocracy, which is a documentary

shutdown
02-05-2019, 01:57 AM
>Bellringer takes over Awakened and renames it Tempest
>Healthy raid competition
>Bellringer dissolves Tempest
>Aftermath starts to kill 95% of raid targets
>Staff steps in and implements class system/rotation
>200+ Aftermath can’t live off of just a few raid targets a week
>Aftermath breaks up into a few smaller guilds
>Bellringer kills Aftermath

/slowclap

shaynakader
Definitely the end of the server..at least for the people who have experienced the competitiveness that was ToV. Others will know no better and take what is now given to them. No more risk of losing a target, what a complete bore.

DMN
what's that sposed to mean? reminds me a Idiocracy, which is a documentary

Indeed. Like diversity = electrolytes. So legit.

aaezil
02-05-2019, 02:01 AM
Definitely the end of the server..at least for the people who have experienced the competitiveness that was ToV. Others will know no better and take what is now given to them. No more risk of losing a target, what a complete bore.

Cant wait till you’re gone. Please delete your chars, too!

Perseus
02-05-2019, 02:05 AM
mmmm conda

https://imgur.com/gallery/KFPuO

Perseus
02-05-2019, 02:08 AM
:D

bspa0700
02-05-2019, 02:58 AM

I think you mistake calling for the end of the server, and recognizing it.

Leegin
02-05-2019, 03:12 AM

Not all of us. I personally find this enjoyable

Bones
02-05-2019, 03:18 AM

nope

but I understand why you are upset

mattydef
02-05-2019, 03:29 AM

I'm pretty sure 90% of the server population gives two shits about this change and for every person that is butthurt about this theres double the people that are excited about it.

Ezrick
02-05-2019, 04:19 AM

What's crazy is the fact that all of this done specifically to break the game and play it in a way it was never intended due to gross overcrowding. To anyone who did the content during the appropriate time frame on live, pulling a ToV dragon to the zone to kill it with 90 people and an 18 cleric rotation is the most lame thing ever even conceived on Everquest.

Sure, the pullers are skilled. Of course they practice on their very own servers and use thousands of plat worth of expendables on each pull. Everyone else is just a zerg.

So no, it's about as lame a raid scene as is possible on a game called Everquest.

ScaringChildren
02-05-2019, 06:59 AM
nerds

Rang
02-05-2019, 12:29 PM

Actual lol. We wuz legends dawg (on an emulated version of a game released in 1999 with a playerbase of around 1200). Glad you spent so much time of your life to achieve that "legend" status, lul.

fan D
02-05-2019, 01:08 PM
there is nothing fun about variance windows and staring at a wall for a chance to kill a mob that was cleared day 1 of release

the loot does not help you or your guild at all, what is wrong with you to enjoy the current p99 raid scene?

godbless rotations

aaezil
02-05-2019, 01:09 PM
And the sad state of this server is that there exists a group of sociopaths that vehemently believe that your level of time commitment precludes you from deserving raid loot, and will go to great lengths (poopsocking, 2am batphones, petitionquest, etc.) to enforce that to the best of their ability.

Champion_Standing
02-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Long past retirement age for the "legends of p99".

Kye1709
02-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Being able to log in for a batphone and kill a dragon >5 minutes in some instances with your elf pals is the very definition of casual. Yes, there are those socking the shit out of targets to make this a reality, but thats their prerogative and they should be rewarded for the time spent no matter what you may think of their life choices/how they spend their time.

The argument that there were never FTE races, train ups, etc didn't exist in 99 and thus shouldn't be a thing now is laughable at best. Game mechanics can be controlled. How people interact with said mechanics on a progression locked server however, cannot. Obviously the way the game is played will evolve over time, especially with the level of knowledge regarding the aforementioned being so readily available.

This is a free to play server and nothing is owed to anyone. That said, outside of enforcing things like boxing and RMT and the like, GMs should have zero involvement. Let the player base self regulate and end the petition quest that brought us to this thread in the first place.

Mblake1981
02-05-2019, 01:15 PM

that's a good thing though

I wouldn't have got the uber l33t gear I lusted after so much back in the day, that serve no helpful purpose other than to say I have them and get that brief fleeting of feeling superior to that High Elf running around EC in a green silken drape... "yeah I am now awesome.. only 20 years too late"

Its just entertainment to me, something steady to do. TBH if they did delete/wipe the server it would be a classic experience for me since I never got the cool stuff back in the day.

Tenderizer
02-05-2019, 02:07 PM
There are some legendary pull team members at the top end. People who made mind blowing plays, week after week, in what was a remarkably awesome raid scene.

Legendary self obsession. mind blowing post.

Tiax
02-05-2019, 02:29 PM
somebody think of the legends

loramin
02-05-2019, 02:30 PM
somebody think of the legends

:D that's the second time I actually laughed out loud today. These threads are comedy gold.

bspa0700
02-05-2019, 02:31 PM
Legendary self obsession. mind blowing post.

No idea who you are, but I was not considering myself one when I posted. It was a sign of respect to those who came before me, and the playmakers who I've watched do amazing things.

Ofcourse, this is RNF and who knows who you are, so I'm sure you'll try to twist my words into something they weren't intended to be. So whatever.

bspa0700
02-05-2019, 02:32 PM
:D that's the second time I actually laughed out loud today. These threads are comedy gold.

Why are you even posting in these threads? This ruling doesn't even effect Sebilis/EC Tunnel.

loramin
02-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Why are you even posting in these threads? This ruling doesn't even effect Sebilis/EC Tunnel.

That is your best ad hominem? Really?

(ad hominem = logical fallacy of an argument directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining)

I mean, ad hominem is a shitty way to argue in the first place, but if you're going to do it at least make it relevant. I haven't been in Seb in months (ever since I bound my Shaman in PoM). I also haven't sold anything with my EC mule in months (ever since I parked him next to a vendor to do cap recharges for my Druid, who is in the bear pits and caps a lot). So your "sick burn" is about me being in two zones that I literally haven't been in for months.

But, to the non-logical fallacy point I think you were trying to make (ie. that I'm not knowledgeable about this topic ... although arguably that's an "Appeal to Authority", another logical fallacy ... but whatever), I raid HoT literally every week with my guild, and I join our alliance (AEGIS) in doing bigger targets ... like the rest of ToV. In fact, our alliance is a part of this new rotation.

Maybe next time try something like "This ruling doesn't even affect the wiki". At least then your logical fallacy would be appropriately topical, as I do waste way too much time there.

Kust
02-05-2019, 02:44 PM
This will bring something new i guess.

hobart
02-05-2019, 02:46 PM

You should get DKP for that. That's a solo FTE, split, tag, tank and kill. 10/10.

kotton05
02-05-2019, 02:47 PM
They do understand the player base. Your guild is the biggest zerg emulated EQ has ever seen. No one wants to deal with that. Sorry you lost cya on classic wow.

loramin
02-05-2019, 02:57 PM
Your guild is the biggest zerg emulated EQ has ever seen. No one wants to deal with that.

https://i.imgur.com/L77l5Of.gif

Aeateil-rodcet
02-05-2019, 03:57 PM
>Bellringer takes over Awakened and renames it Tempest
>Healthy raid competition
>Bellringer dissolves Tempest
>Aftermath starts to kill 95% of raid targets
>Staff steps in and implements class system/rotation
>200+ Aftermath can’t live off of just a few raid targets a week
>Aftermath breaks up into a few smaller guilds
>Bellringer kills Aftermath

/slowclap

I demand you take me for a ride in the DeLorean, McFly!

Fifield
02-05-2019, 03:58 PM
They do understand the player base. Your guild is the biggest zerg emulated EQ has ever seen. No one wants to deal with that. Sorry you lost cya on classic wow.

NE hunter or Troll Hunter! Either way hunter!

Versus
02-05-2019, 05:25 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/53966817/i-dont-know-whats-going-on-here-but-i-like-it.jpg

derpcake2
02-05-2019, 05:44 PM
dear OP

people understand you, they just think you should wash and visit a barber

kind regards

Braknar is the best

Waedawen
02-05-2019, 06:17 PM
"Legends"

That's a yikes.

baakss
02-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Heroes get remembered... but legends never die.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-06-2019, 12:41 PM
"Legends" and "playmakers" LO fucking L!

I can't wait till the GM's release their revised plans for ToV so the tears can recommence.