PDA

View Full Version : It has been awhile since this happened

Jauna
02-04-2019, 05:30 AM
But yeah I do not know what is going through a dumbfucking clerics mind when three people are binding wounds on the same person after a rough battle to heal people right to 50% and stopping

Stop doing this, if you see people bandaging just let them be. Wasting mana and time.

Tethler
02-04-2019, 05:32 AM
But yeah I do not know what is going through a dumbfucking clerics mind when three people are binding wounds on the same person after a rough battle to heal people right to 50% and stopping

Stop doing this, if you see people bandaging just let them be. Wasting mana and time.

I can tell you why. The cleric is watching netflix, sees less red in that hp bar than there should be and pushes the button without even looking at their surroundings.

America
02-04-2019, 05:59 AM
get a life looser

misterbonkers
02-04-2019, 06:31 AM
why would you play a cleric for any other reason than to stop people from leveling bind wound???

that's the only fun a cleric gets to have

ScaringChildren
02-04-2019, 07:41 AM
How to level Bind Wound

Step 1: Go to Lavastorm Mountains

Step 2: Walk into lava until you're like 15% health

Step 3: Bandage yourself

Step 4: Repeat (even Step 1, get a port to LS from LS - confuse the druid)

Ruhtar
02-04-2019, 07:47 AM
If I was on my cleric, I would assume they are thirsty for heals, so I would heal them. As the dorf stated, go to LS or drown yourself near any bandage vendor if you're leveling bind wound. Don't be dumb.

Pootle
02-04-2019, 08:52 AM

Isn't a Cleric healing someone instead of people Bandaging, saving time?

central scrutinizer
02-04-2019, 08:58 AM
When I do this on a cleric it's because I'd like it if my group stopped being useless and got on with things before I have to start rooting stuff on them.
Train that shit on raids like everybody else.

Jimjam
02-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Isn't a Cleric healing someone instead of people Bandaging, saving time?

I believe the idea is after a long hard fight the cleric is likely low on mana, there are no mobs in camp, so the pure melee are just sat twiddling their thumbs.

The expedient thing is for the monk, warrior and rogue to massively improve the health/regen of an injured player, so the cleric can stay on his butt to regain mana (allowing them to heal a player from 50 to 80% hp instead of 20 to 50.

Devils advocate is the cleric can't see his surroundings thanks to spell book and also may want to boost the group's health as soon and early as possible invade the group gets jumped, there is a pet break or whatever.

DMN
02-04-2019, 10:46 AM
I'd bet it's nothing to do with not being aware of them attempting to bandage but no idea how bandaging works in the first place. Cleric is often recommended for newbs since they are always wanted in groups and require minimal gearing. Not everyone is on their 30th alt.

Moerne
02-04-2019, 01:42 PM
I believe the idea is after a long hard fight the cleric is likely low on mana, there are no mobs in camp, so the pure melee are just sat twiddling their thumbs.

The expedient thing is for the monk, warrior and rogue to massively improve the health/regen of an injured player, so the cleric can stay on his butt to regain mana (allowing them to heal a player from 50 to 80% hp instead of 20 to 50.

Devils advocate is the cleric can't see his surroundings thanks to spell book and also may want to boost the group's health as soon and early as possible invade the group gets jumped, there is a pet break or whatever.

If someone tells me they are working on bandage, and I'm not worried about people sitting at less than 50% health, I'll let them go for it.

But...like JimJam says, a lot time I'm not comfortable with letting someone sit that low when things could suddenly go sideways unexpectedly. Also, a heal from 50% to full often isn't any more efficient than a heal from 75% to full. Especially with tanks/geared melees who are going to get a cheal regardless.

Troxx
02-04-2019, 03:50 PM
If cleric mana is suffering and becoming a bottleneck for the group then bandaging saves time by saving mana. I find this is rarely the case and people just want to level their skill ... which slows down the whole group.

If binding doesn’t help the group kill faster ... cut that shit out and level it on your own dime/time and swim lava laps.

Shinko
02-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Who levels bindnwound?

Jauna
02-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Who levels bindnwound?

You mean you dont have characters without BW maxed?

Bboboo
02-04-2019, 06:27 PM
Who levels bindnwound?

same dingle berries that level sense heading

Sonderbeast
02-04-2019, 06:28 PM
DS9 > TNG > Orville

ScaringChildren
02-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Literally anything else > Star Trek