PDA

View Full Version : How do I report a named kill steal?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bricke75
01-25-2019, 01:19 PM
I was camping Hadden since 5:50 AM this morning (CST). Around 10:45, Drest <Galaxy> shows up and sits behind me. He won't respond to my tells. Hadden spawns and Drest kills him while I am trying to cast/dot. He then claims he was there the entire time. Even though no one else was in the zone for hours.

He said his intention is to log in every 6 hours and get the kill. I have a screen shot.

How do I handle this?

Edit - Clarifying, there was lowbies in the zone off and on all morning, but only a handful of high level people passed through. A few stopped to chat (Netmusis and Pirahna <Aftermath>.

indiscriminate_hater
01-25-2019, 01:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rlfBaOZ.png

Tecmos Deception
01-25-2019, 01:27 PM
I was camping Hadden since 5:50 AM this morning (CST). Around 10:45, Drest <Galaxy> shows up and sits behind me. He won't respond to my tells. Hadden spawns and Drest kills him while I am trying to cast/dot. He then claims he was there the entire time. Even though no one else was in the zone for hours.

He said his intention is to log in every 6 hours and get the kill. I have a screen shot.

How do I handle this?

No one but you was in qeynos hills for hours huh? Sounds like you just impeached your own credibility. Why would anyone believe you?

Nah but seriously, don't lie if you want people to take you seriously. There's no way in hell that zone was empty for hours straight when p99 pop has been booming. Petition ingame I guess. Record your camp next time maybe to submit if needed to make things air tight from your side.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 01:29 PM
No one but you was in qeynos hills for hours huh? Sounds like you just impeached your own credibility. Why would anyone believe you?

Nah but seriously, don't lie if you want people to take you seriously. There's no way in hell that zone was empty for hours straight when p99 pop has been booming. Petition ingame I guess. Record your camp next time maybe to submit if needed to make things air tight from your side.

I meant early this morning. A few people like Pirahna <Aftermath> and Netmusis stopped by, chatted briefly and saw I had the camp and moved on.

Obviously there was lowbies, but no one at Hadden's camp is what I meant.

This guy is claiming it was his camp since he last killed Hadden 6 hours ago, even though he wasn't in the zone the last 5.5 hours.

Tecmos Deception
01-25-2019, 01:31 PM
I meant early this morning. A few people like Pirahna <Aftermath> and Netmusis stopped by, chatted briefly and saw I had the camp and moved on.

Obviously there was lowbies, but no one at Hadden's camp is what I meant.

God. Flip floppers might be worse than straight up liars! :)

Prostatus
01-25-2019, 01:35 PM
In order to report him you will need Logs from the encounter, Fraps WITH game sounds and player sounds of the event with multiple angles of the occurrence. With all this on your side it should be an easy concession of the next 2 Haddens in your favor.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 01:36 PM

I've sent a petition in game. And apparently I now have a witness :)

Cen
Youre in the right on this one purely because that guy admitted to his wrongdoing and just is ignorant of the rules and made up his own. Sounds like he did not get the earring so you won't get one from a petition but hopefully he gets a minor slap for admitting his malicious intent.

bricke75
Make sure y'all read the screen shot text.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 01:37 PM
Youre in the right on this one purely because that guy admitted to his wrongdoing and just is ignorant of the rules and made up his own. Sounds like he did not get the earring so you won't get one from a petition but hopefully he gets a minor slap for admitting his malicious intent.

Agreed. Thank you!

alarius
01-25-2019, 01:39 PM
Super friendly in here this morning.

OP, I don't think there's much you can do without logs. Screenshot is nice, but it doesn't really show any of the lead-up, just one dude being a snarky asshole. Keep OBS running next time, along with aforementioned logs, and let the other player know ahead of time to cover your own ass incase GM's have to get involved. But usually telling people what's up is enough to get them to move along.

Sorry this happened, hopefully it's a non-issue next time. Good luck.

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 01:43 PM
You know you're in a swamp of moribund losers when FRAPS is required before logging into a game, and not to make a fun video, but to stand a chance in Elf Court.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 01:46 PM
Another screen shot from a witness in the zone

bricke75
01-25-2019, 01:52 PM
Well, 2 other people also just reported Drest, as they knew I was holding the camp.

I hope he gets what is coming to him.

Teppler
01-25-2019, 01:54 PM
I’ve had action taken without any logs whatsoever. GMs have the means to look into any of these situation. It’s just harder for them if they have to dig.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 01:56 PM
Earring or not, that's just a jerk thing to do. Think I'm done for the day :(

Taenayr
01-25-2019, 02:10 PM
What a douche, hopefully action is taken.

GL friend!

Toothed
01-25-2019, 02:14 PM
Yeah I'm not going to give you my spawn I figured out because you're in the restroom. You are 10 levels above me next time you want a fishing pole kill the mob?

bricke75
01-25-2019, 02:18 PM
Yeah I'm not going to give you my spawn I figured out because you're in the restroom. You are 10 levels above me next time you want a fishing pole kill the mob?

I was back for over 10 minutes before he spawned. I was gone less than 120 seconds to take a piss, as I told you. You saw me buffing my self and my pet, and casting dots. Clearly I was back.

Feel free to justify whatever you need to make yourself feel better.

Good luck. Screen shots don't lie. You admitted guilt and have been reported.

Teppler
01-25-2019, 02:19 PM
How long was the mob up before it was attacked?

bricke75
01-25-2019, 02:21 PM
10 seconds tops.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 02:21 PM
Another nice comment.

Teppler
01-25-2019, 02:22 PM
Op had claim if it was 10 seconds. Level is irrelevant. If it was more than a minute then we’re getting into a murkier situation. The other guy made a comment that you were in the bathroom or something though.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Op had claim if it was 10 seconds. Level is irrelevant. If it was more than a minute then we’re getting into a murkier situation. The other guy made a comment that you were in the bathroom or something though.

I told him I was going to the restroom and would BRB. I was back for 10 minutes before Hadden spawned. Why else was my pet attacking it and I was casting on him?

He's rude, obnoxious and clearly plans to not play by the rules, according to his own words.

I'm done posting and will wait for the GMs to sort it out.

Jimjam
01-25-2019, 02:32 PM
Hadden arguments are even more exciting than OOT! Did Drest get earring off previous spawn? If so he would be ineligible to compete on this spawn as someone else was there.

If he got earring off this spawn then he won't be able to compete on next if someone else is there.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 02:35 PM
I waited on Hadden from last night about 1:36am or so. He spawned in about 5:05am. Killed him he dropped fishing pole. Logged out for the night and got some z's. Logged back in at 10:05am. Waited till about 11:05am for him to spawn and drop fishing pole again. Saw an iksar named Teranys level 45 shaman. Sent me a tell about going to restroom and asked if I would watch his spawn. He spawned in and dropped fishing pole again. Soon as I attacked Hadden he started calling me a douche and said he is reporting me. I cast two spells on Hadden then couldn't cast because he had him glitched in the water. If you wanted the kill as badly as you say you should have had no problem taking it as you are 10 levels higher and had Hadden glitched. Seems to me like you just want to start drama over a fishing pole.

Mead
01-25-2019, 02:38 PM

Did you forget to take your pills today?

bricke75
01-25-2019, 02:40 PM
I waited on Hadden from last night about 1:36am or so. He spawned in about 5:05am. Killed him he dropped fishing pole. Logged out for the night and got some z's. Logged back in at 10:05am. Waited till about 11:05am for him to spawn and drop fishing pole again. Saw an iksar named Teranys level 45 shaman. Sent me a tell about going to restroom and asked if I would watch his spawn. He spawned in and dropped fishing pole again. Soon as I attacked Hadden he started calling me a douche and said he is reporting me. I cast two spells on Hadden then couldn't cast because he had him glitched in the water. If you wanted the kill as badly as you say you should have had no problem taking it as you are 10 levels higher and had Hadden glitched. Seems to me like you just want to start drama over a fishing pole.

You logged out. I was camped there. No more needs to be said.

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 02:45 PM

This is the kind tale of autism I've been looking for.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Yeah let's not bring up the fact that you were cussing me out telling me my account is going to be deleted over a fishing pole. A fishing pole I tried to give to you immediately. As in I would have given you the loot. Also what is the point of trying to glitch the mob out into the water where spells cannot be cast and then try to melee it? Anyway I've had my entertainment for the day happy hunting.

shutdown
01-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Classic

bricke75
01-25-2019, 02:53 PM
I called you a douche, once. Nothing else, but I guess the truth hurts.

Offering me a fishing pole was just a prick thing to do.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 03:10 PM
Here let me help you out...

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

and

Excessive use of foul language in an inappropriate context, including swear words, real-world racial slurs, and other language that is not consistent with the fantasy environment and designed to hurt, will be considered a disruption. The existence of the filter (/filter) is not a license to be profane.

Jimjam
01-25-2019, 03:12 PM
Bricke75 you do realise if Hadden has a fishing pole he won't drop earring?

How does 'camp' work if no one has maintained a presence since the last kill? Isn't that just FTE, as no one has secured the kill rights yet? Possible exception is if you are clearing the nearby NPCs to Hadden?

bricke75
01-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Bricke75 you do realise if Hadden has a fishing pole he won't drop earring?

I've heard that. This is more about the principle and Drest not following the camp etiquette that other players follow.

GMs will sort it out. ;)

I was under the impression the Hadden camp goes to whoever is currently there. If more than one person, the person there the longest owns the camp. I've never seen anyone killing nearby mobs to hold the Hadden camp.

Zal22
01-25-2019, 03:17 PM
Do not die or log off.

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 03:24 PM
Here let me help you out...

and

You don't need a JD from the Kelethin Community College to find the logical brick wall you ran your autistic head into. I'll let you take another pass at that quote.

This is assuming you are the scoundrel Drest, and not just a schmuck who likes to rile people up. Either way, Trisomy 21 confirmed.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 03:29 PM
What part did I miss from the quote?

Thou who casts the first fishing pole shall be a douche

Zal22
01-25-2019, 03:31 PM
Do not die or log off.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 03:33 PM
Either way, Trisomy 21 confirmed.

:D:D:D

Toothed
01-25-2019, 03:39 PM
Yeah calling people names is so funny. I'm rolling.

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 03:43 PM
Yeah calling people names is so funny. I'm rolling.

I heard the "Hurr", want to finish off the "Durr"?

Smurflogik
01-25-2019, 03:48 PM
What part did I miss from the quote?

"...so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off."

Seems pretty straightforward.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-25-2019, 03:50 PM
Yes! I love it when player in question shows up in forums. Thread Delivers. 10/10 would read again.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 04:01 PM
You're welcome :)
Yes I logged out. I told you that strait up. Point is the loot didn't drop and you're so riled up over a fishing pole I'll probably have the spot to myself again today at 5pm mark your calendars. Doesn't mean you get to flame someone because they wanted to compare damage with someone 10 levels higher. I can understand your frustration but it's really not the best solution when someone is trying to be civil. Camps are decided by the players. I killed the placeholder for the camp and came back in 6 hours to kill it again. If you want to argue you were there first by all means do so. But calling names and calling the GM and posting screen shots and getting upset isn't helping. How about be civil and I could have kept you posted on when Hadden was up?

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 04:04 PM
You're welcome :)
Yes I logged out. I told you that strait up. Point is the loot didn't drop and you're so riled up over a fishing pole I'll probably have the spot to myself again today at 5pm mark your calendars. Doesn't mean you get to flame someone because they wanted to compare damage with someone 10 levels higher. I can understand your frustration but it's really not the best solution when someone is trying to be civil. Camps are decided by the players. I killed the placeholder for the camp and came back in 6 hours to kill it again. If you want to argue you were there first by all means do so. But calling names and calling the GM and posting screen shots and getting upset isn't helping. How about be civil and I could have kept you posted on when Hadden was up?

Holy fucking shit. You have a syndrome and you huff Dust Off. No other combination of Florida inbreeding and drug addiction can explain that nonsense response.

Optti
01-25-2019, 04:04 PM
I feel like I want to side with toothed here, this guy seems like a total pussy and he is also quoting with smiley faces the only guy in this thread who dropped hate speech...

bricke75
01-25-2019, 04:06 PM
I feel like I want to side with toothed here, this guy seems like a total pussy and he is also quoting with smiley faces the only guy in this thread who dropped hate speech...

I'll quote you so you feel better?

Toothed
01-25-2019, 04:07 PM
I am the one who stayed up all night looking at my screen from 1am to 5am. I am the one who killed the placeholder. I am the one who got first hit on the mob. I'm sorry but I just don't like lizard people named Teranys who think they are entitled to everything.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 04:09 PM
I am the one who stayed up all night looking at my screen from 1am to 5am. I am the one who killed the placeholder. I am the one who got first hit on the mob. I'm sorry but I just don't like lizard people named Teranys who think they are entitled to everything.

Just. Wow. :confused:

You logged off. Read the rules, again.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 04:11 PM
And I would appreciate it if you would keep your restroom breaks to yourself when you're trying to camb me merbs thanks.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 04:14 PM
Do the rules include cursing and you sending me tells about your restroom habits?

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 04:15 PM
And I would appreciate it if you would keep your restroom breaks to yourself when you're trying to camb me merbs thanks.

This is only a guess, but please answer truthfully. Are there branches within your family tree that intersect?

Toothed
01-25-2019, 04:15 PM
Not to mention you are an iksar named Teranys. You may think that is funny and it may be but it's also offensive. So yeah read the rule book again.

Lune
01-25-2019, 04:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/VzBiTKg.gif

Optti
01-25-2019, 04:19 PM
I don't need to feel better thanks though man. Why don't you quote yourself? I wanna see what you said to him. Conveniently left that out huh?

ScaringChildren
01-25-2019, 04:19 PM
As a fully certified P99 Elf Judge®, I hereby bequeath that the defendant, TOOTHED, is GUILTY of all charges brought forth by the prosecution. He will for hence be sentenced to hard labor, cleaning out his mother's basement.

*slams gavel*

bricke75
01-25-2019, 04:21 PM
I don't need to feel better thanks though man. Why don't you quote yourself? I wanna see what you said to him. Conveniently left that out huh?

Like what? I said he was a douche for stealing the camp, and that I was reporting him. Truth hurts.

I didn't break the camp rules. He did.

YendorLootmonkey
I am the one who stayed up all night looking at my screen from 1am to 5am. I am the one who killed the placeholder. I am the one who tossed my claim to the next spawn into the shitter by logging off. I am the one who got first hit on the mob after I gave up my claim to the camp by logging off. I'm sorry but I just don't like lizard people named Teranys who think they are entitled to everything understand the rules on this server, have no inclination to play nice with or respect others, and therefore belong on the Red server.

FIFY

TheSurgeon
As a fully certified P99 Elf Judge®, I hereby bequeath that the defendant, TOOTHED, is GUILTY of all charges brought forth by the prosecution. He will for hence be sentenced to hard labor, cleaning out his mother's basement.

*slams gavel*

Banned characters should be sent to red.

Erati
01-25-2019, 04:24 PM
FB earring isnt worth all this emotion. You might get 2k for it or have opportunity to level in Kedge using it.

Neither are a great use of 6 hours per Hadden wanting a rare 1-10 drop.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 04:26 PM
FB earring isnt worth all this emotion. You might get 2k for it or have opportunity to level in Kedge using it.

Neither are a great use of 6 hours per Hadden wanting a rare 1-10 drop.

Perhaps not. I was planning to keep and use it, not resell.

Optti
01-25-2019, 04:29 PM
I actually don't want to engage in this at all, I'm sorry, my bad.

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 04:30 PM
Any amount of time and emotion is worthwhile for righteousness.

Cen
01-25-2019, 04:34 PM
Any amount of time and emotion is worthwhile for righteousness.

This quote is magical to me

Toothed
01-25-2019, 04:35 PM
Never did I say I had all encompassing rights to the spawn. Or call names or make an ass of myself. Try to get someone banned over a stupid fishing pole. Make a character with a Ludacris name like Teranys and set there and send tells to people in the vicinity about my bathroom breaks. I just sent a couple nukes at the guy when he spawned and watched someone 10 levels higher than me try and glitch the mob out to get the kill. I'm sure this isn't the first time you've used that tactic. Fact is I just wanted to compare damage with you but got such a nice reaction out of you it was golden. You pulled the mob into water and tried to melee with a shaman may I remind you.

Ever have a higher level person come "take" your camp and steal the items that dropped? Never? Why? Because it's a game and people use cooperation in this game? You really need to get a clue before you try to start some banwagon. I didn't do anything to hurt you stop complaining.

bigjeff100
01-25-2019, 04:37 PM
Never did I say I had all encompassing rights to the spawn. Or call names or make an ass of myself. Try to get someone banned over a stupid fishing pole. Make a character with a Ludacris name like Teranys and set there and send tells to people in the vicinity about my bathroom breaks. I just sent a couple nukes at the guy when he spawned and watched someone 10 levels higher than me try and glitch the mob out to get the kill. I'm sure this isn't the first time you've used that tactic. Fact is I just wanted to compare damage with you but got such a nice reaction out of you it was golden. You pulled the mob into water and tried to melee with a shaman may I remind you.

Ever have a higher level person come "take" your camp and steal the items that dropped? Never? Why? Because it's a game and people use cooperation in this game? You really need to get a clue before you try to start some banwagon. I didn't do anything to hurt you stop complaining.

Haha common man.. You are only hurting yourself at this point. Right or wrong, you're comin off as a real crummy human being.. You're all over the place right now.

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 04:38 PM

You really can't follow all of the contradictions woven throughout this thread? Is your mother your second cousin or aunt as well?

Toothed
01-25-2019, 04:40 PM
Sorry but I'm not going to set there and not defend my actions when people want to call people douches and call the gm's over something so stupid.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 04:41 PM

Whatever makes you feel better. Justify it however you can.

I don't have some magical GM 'glitch' power that you refer to.

You pulled him. I dot'd it and sent in my pet. When I couldn't cast on him in the water (LOS issue), of course I moved in.

Again. It was not your camp. You. Logged. Off.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-25-2019, 04:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/VzBiTKg.gif

yes.. yes... yes...

bigjeff100
01-25-2019, 04:43 PM
Sorry but I'm not going to set there and not defend my actions when people want to call people douches and call the gm's over something so stupid.

There it is. The white flag has been waved. This thread can now close! Nicely done everyone.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 04:46 PM
Funny because you kept positioning your character between me and the spawn and then going to the spot in the water. Sorry you were acting flakey and I got the most damage in. If you would not like send me tells and tell me you're going to the bathroom and to watch the spawn for you I would have never messed with your spawn.

baakss
01-25-2019, 04:47 PM
In some cultures, they chop your hands off for stealing Hadden.

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 04:49 PM
"I would never have messed with your spawn if you didn't do X."

"No no, what I mean is I was just trying to see if I could out damage someone higher level than me for funsies."

"Wait, I actually had the camp because I killed the placeholder the last time and then logged off because Mother Aunt needed me to get a coon off the porch."

bigjeff100
01-25-2019, 04:49 PM
Funny because you kept positioning your character between me and the spawn and then going to the spot in the water. Sorry you were acting flakey and I got the most damage in. If you would not like send me tells and tell me you're going to the bathroom and to watch the spawn for you I would have never messed with your spawn.

This is exhausting. Just stop.

bricke75
01-25-2019, 04:50 PM

I was back from my 2 minute restroom break 10 minutes before he spawned. I'm sure you just conveniently didn't see me rebuffing myself or my pet.

Was my pet in the wrong spot? Was I wielding the wrong weapon? Surely you have more excuses, right?

Iksar_with_a_plan

You should really stop while you're ahead. This is very entertaining and all, but you're digging yourself into a grave-sized hole.

Toothed
Lol^^

bricke75
01-25-2019, 04:52 PM
"I would never have messed with your spawn if you didn't do X."

"No no, what I mean is I was just trying to see if I could out damage someone higher level than me for funsies."

"Wait, I actually had the camp because I killed the placeholder the last time and then logged off because Mother Aunt needed me to get a coon off the porch."

Exactly. He can't make up lies fast enough.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 04:52 PM
Were you sending me tells about your restroom breaks when I don't even know you?
Where you a lizard named Teranys?
Did I kill the place holder?
Did I log off and come back?
Did I steal your camp?
Did I call names and throw fits?
World may never know

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 04:54 PM
Were you sending me tells about your restroom breaks when I don't even know you?
Did I steal your camp?
World may never know

"All world do know be dat coons needed gettin, so I hadda leave me camp to get deem coons from under da porch or else Mama Auntie be pissed at me."

bigjeff100
01-25-2019, 04:58 PM
Did I steal your camp?
World may never know

Well the world knows who Drest is now... And that's probably unfortunate for you...

Zipity
01-25-2019, 05:11 PM
Toothed you ever gonna pay me that 5k you owe me for PLing you like 6 months back on your SK?

bigjeff100
01-25-2019, 05:13 PM
Toothed you ever gonna pay me that 5k you owe me for PLing you like 6 months back on your SK?

Ohhhh snap!!!

https://i.imgur.com/qTasy5S.png

Toothed
01-25-2019, 05:13 PM
Lol none of my characters have been power leveled

Toothed
01-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Got my forum account leveled now though scrawny gnoll thanks guys

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 05:18 PM
Got my forum account leveled now though scrawny gnoll thanks guys

The forums will be all you'll be able to play before long.

TripleLegit
01-25-2019, 05:23 PM
This was a great thread. Great work everybody!!

Erati
01-25-2019, 05:24 PM
I was back from my 2 minute restroom break 10 minutes before he spawned. I'm sure you just conveniently didn't see me rebuffing myself or my pet.

Was my pet in the wrong spot? Was I wielding the wrong weapon? Surely you have more excuses, right?

Why does your pet need buffs when someone is contesting a green mob you can solo.

Focus on your goal (securing Hadden FTE) and only buff if it will help you achieve ced goal. If you are not spamming “pet attack Hadden” w pet parked at spawn then ditch it, obviously slows you down. Become lean mean FTE machine.

Legidias
01-25-2019, 05:25 PM
They dont need to focus on FTE if they had camp since other guy logged off...

beversami
01-25-2019, 05:33 PM
Gosh this was fun, what a way to start the weekend.

Emerald_keep
01-25-2019, 05:54 PM
Toothed spelled Ludacris like the singer! Bahahahahahahaaa

I've never seen anyone dig their own grave so deep.

YendorLootmonkey
01-25-2019, 05:55 PM
Gosh this was fun, what a way to start the weekend.

Yeah, i'm stoked to watch some legal dramas on TV now!! ALL FIRED UP FROM ELF LITIGATION!!!

Toothed
01-25-2019, 06:12 PM
I THOUGHT that was rather clever of me now that you mention it

Emerald_keep
01-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Zero things about literally anything you said was clever. I've been on the server since 2010 and I'd just like to let you know that I'm sad to see players such as yourself existing in this community. You have very clearly broken the rules. I'd go so far as to say that you don't even understand the rules.

I hope justice is swift and you learn your lesson. If you feel anything but remorse for your actions, then the server doesn't need you. Good day.

Clazxiss
01-25-2019, 06:46 PM
Friendly reminder that Hadden is un-camped on red. Anyone in this thread could start a new character, level to 12 in a day, and camp Hadden to their hearts content!

Toothed
01-25-2019, 07:04 PM
I am forever sorry for casting two nukes on that good man mr. Harden the pinnacle of everquest do gooding and sharing.

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 07:06 PM
I once knew a guy from West Virginia who loved nothing more than to dig holes. Inbred individuals have so many things in common.

Toothed
01-25-2019, 07:16 PM
Oh and thank you to the two or three people that made it to the 5 o clock showing of hadden today to just kill him and leave corpse to rot in the lake. Real courageous of you guys glad you could come :) Lot of good communication on this server *burp* *fart*

Emerald_keep
01-25-2019, 07:45 PM
You reap what you sow bud.

Evia
01-25-2019, 07:46 PM

Dude the only person in this thread that has shown any type of entitlement is you. Wow, the cognitive dissonance is strong with this one!

Toothed
01-25-2019, 07:53 PM
Okay we're talking about what happened in the game here not what happened on the forum. Should have saved a screen but I don't have that with my file set up. It was like he was howling bloody murder. He conveniently only posted screens of my very last comments and left out any of his wrong doing as was pointed out earlier.

YendorLootmonkey
01-25-2019, 08:13 PM
Okay we're talking about what happened in the game here not what happened on the forum. Should have saved a screen but I don't have that with my file set up. It was like he was howling bloody murder. He conveniently only posted screens of my very last comments and left out any of his wrong doing as was pointed out earlier.

Based on your lack of understanding of the rules, lack of respect for others, backpedaling, attempts at justification, posts here, and the snippets of your side of the conversation posted as screenshots, no one here is surprised you managed to elicit a negative response from someone. You're grasping at straws, man.

Just swallow your pride, admit you were in the wrong, and commit to having more positive interactions with others on the server going forward that do not embarrass you or your guild.

Crede
01-25-2019, 08:21 PM
Why hasn't this been moved to RnF yet?

Mead
01-25-2019, 08:39 PM
the accused lacks accountability, a normal thought process, and social skills

would probably make a good red candidate

Mead
01-25-2019, 08:40 PM
Why hasn't this been moved to RnF yet?

don't worry, we're here

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-25-2019, 08:44 PM
I'd like to mention that i'm not a fan of how liberally and loosely the world "literally" gets tossed around so much on the interwebs.

If you've ever seen Parks and Rec, Chris Traeger's character uses "Literally", literally all the time, and they didn't write that part in just for the sake of humor.

TheSurgeon
01-25-2019, 08:52 PM
I'd like to mention that i'm not a fan of how liberally and loosely the world "literally" gets tossed around so much on the interwebs.

I've always preferred the world irregardless.

White_knight
01-25-2019, 09:35 PM
I think Hadden has to go to FTE status after all this (I didnt read thread).

Tethler
01-25-2019, 10:02 PM
Excellent thread to start my weekend. Thanks OP!

Earring not up

Toothed
01-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Something might need to be done because people like to afk here not call the camp at all and then go make dinner....

d3r14k
01-25-2019, 10:57 PM
I too sometimes like to go make dinner, similar to the activities normal humans often do.

*beep boop*

Qtip
01-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Something might need to be done because people like to afk here not call the camp at all and then go make dinner....

Which isnt against the rules. If they're sitting at a spawn point with no mob up, they can do whatever else they please. Now of the mob spawns and they sit afk for a minute, its yours.

reznor_
01-25-2019, 11:29 PM
*burp* *fart*

Rader
01-25-2019, 11:57 PM
OP sounds like he has a legit gripe, why is everyone bagging on him? Y'all have a vested interest in the KS'ing scumbag? LOL

Mead
01-26-2019, 12:00 AM
OP sounds like he has a legit gripe, why is everyone bagging on him? Y'all have a vested interest in the KS'ing scumbag? LOL

I don't think anyone except tecmos was defending the accused

I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed though

Madbad
01-26-2019, 12:13 AM
ban OP IMO for shitting up the forums

Taenayr
01-26-2019, 12:18 AM
I too sometimes like to go make dinner, similar to the activities normal humans often do.

*beep boop*

How did you manage to wait until page 12 to respond?

I'm disappointed in you.

DMN
01-26-2019, 12:28 AM
I would have went with "I thought he never spawned with the earring if he had the fishing pole and I was just doing you a favor"

NegaStoat
01-26-2019, 12:31 AM
Holy God I'm not sure if there's a Lodi spawn hate thread with as much entertainment as this one. Hadden is seriously underrated it seems.

Toothed
01-26-2019, 12:34 AM
Yes had the same discussion with someone else about it in game. They said they would be kind of peeved if the ring dropped... Thank god for voices of reason

Frudrura
01-26-2019, 12:59 AM
Yo this server and it's entire population is cursed.

Prostatus
01-26-2019, 01:07 AM
looking for timer if anyone has it

Madbad
01-26-2019, 01:09 AM
3 am EST

aaezil
01-26-2019, 01:22 AM
So wait theres people that really think that because they killed a mob 6 hours ago and logged off that when they log back in the mob is still theirs?

And theres really people out there that think sitting afk on a spawn point having not killed any ph or surrounding mobs gives them rights to the mob?

I mean i know the rules here are terrible but this is basic information

Toothed
01-26-2019, 01:46 AM
Just like to post an update. Zercury of Paradigm Shift just actually did steal my kill and proceeded to take the rare drop. (no fishing pole). This server is like the wild west now. So much for your blue server nobility what a laugh

Toothed
01-26-2019, 01:51 AM
Throw a little bitch fit on the forum and proceeded to steal via a guildie real nice bro

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-26-2019, 01:56 AM
Ahh sweet retribution

Jazzy
01-26-2019, 01:57 AM
Grown ass men arguing over a fucking shite earring in elf sim in 2019

Wonkie
01-26-2019, 02:06 AM
Yo this server and it's entire population is cursed.

Tethler
01-26-2019, 02:36 AM
Just like to post an update. Zercury of Paradigm Shift just actually did steal my kill and proceeded to take the rare drop. (no fishing pole). This server is like the wild west now. So much for your blue server nobility what a laugh

So, someone did to you exactly what you did to someone else (they just got lucky with the rare drop whereas you ruined your reputation and didnt even get the loot) and you're complaining about it? Cool. :rolleyes:

Toothed
01-26-2019, 02:53 AM
Update their guild made it right and I now have my own fish bone earring. True justice now I never have to look at this smelly spawn again thanks everyone.

Imago
01-26-2019, 02:53 AM
Update their guild made it right and I now have my own fish bone earring. True justice now I never have to look at this smelly spawn again thanks everyone.

I think you should come to red.

baakss
01-26-2019, 02:59 AM

Don't thank everyone. Personally, I was hoping you'd never get one because you're a ks'ing tool.

YendorLootmonkey
01-26-2019, 03:56 AM

Don't forget to bring an elf lawyer the next time you try to camp something to keep you out of trouble. I'm sure there's a few here that charge reasonable rates.

Toothed
01-26-2019, 04:04 AM
Will keep that in mind lol

shutdown
01-26-2019, 04:11 AM
Just run fraps

Legidias
01-26-2019, 04:19 AM
How is he not suspended yet for proven KS and blatant ignoring of rules (self admitted) lol

Lysander
01-26-2019, 05:12 AM
This is a nice thread but I want to remind everyone of some better fishbone earring drama.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248360

Please let me know if there is any better fishbone earring drama. So far I am not aware of any but I haven't been on the server as long as some of you guys.

Muggens
01-26-2019, 10:40 AM
This guy toothed must have a nail in his head.

TheSurgeon
01-26-2019, 10:45 AM
If the story is true, and this hillbilly goes without a suspension, then it's time to strap on my belt, load up and practice some RDR, cause I'm bout to be a gunslinger FTE scumbag who fights for the draw.

sonicjoose
01-26-2019, 11:12 AM
Thank you guys. Drest please lay off the hadden for the next few months. OP did you get your earring?

Zal22
01-26-2019, 12:00 PM
This guy...

Post up the rules to get a win while missing the part that incriminates himself (I quoted it twice).

Never stop posting Toothed!

Zal22
01-26-2019, 12:06 PM

Hehehe. You said entitled.

LadyRae
01-26-2019, 01:11 PM
That musta been some fishin pole.

ZiggyTheMuss
01-26-2019, 01:43 PM
Drest I would like to offer legal advice and my services perhaps if you would like to go that route.

As it stands, you are accused of 1 count of camp stealing and 7 counts of public retardation. I might be able to get your camp stealing charge thrown out considering that the plaintiff tried to kill steal it after you had acquired FTE on the Hadden. He then also brought this issue to the masses for vigilante justice instead of going through the proper legal channels. The fact that you claim you attempted to return the stolen goods might work in your favor as well.

However, the public retardation charges are going to be hard to get around. There are apparently numerous eye witnesses to your alleged outbursts. I might be able to work some magic, however, as I have a good relationship with the district judge of Qeynos. If you would like to retain my services I can accept a payment of 2,000 platinum or 1 Fishbone Earring. In the meantime I would suggest that you do not do anything to incriminate yourself any further.

Zuranthium
01-26-2019, 03:10 PM
I think you should come to red.

Are you playing again?

Emerald_keep
01-26-2019, 04:21 PM
I would suggest that you do not do anything to incriminate yourself any further.

G'luck with that one!

Toothed
01-26-2019, 04:38 PM
Okay so I read that other post and everyone on that post is saying 20 seconds is an insurmountable time to wait to attack Hadden so I think everyone needs to put down yer kool aid. Sad truth is people are not innocent on the internet and p99 is no different. Couple that with the fact that /petition doesn't seem to do anything. I like how everyone and their mother tried to label me the bad guy in this. It's really a mute point but I think guild are the way to handle this situation not gm's and forums and generally acting like an 8 year old that doesn't understand nuances of good/bad. Why would you be off your rocker upset and crying if someone nuked a mob that's green to you that drops no loot besides a fishing pole. Everyone points out that I logged out like oh he incriminated himself! No it's called being honest and saying what really happened. Not changing timestamps around of how long you've been camping somewhere. Don't name your character Teranys and come crying to me over the rules. Because that name is against the rules and maintaining your presence at a camp does not include sending me tells that you're using the restroom. If the earring dropped I would have given it to op but that still doesn't explain why he had to REEEE get triggered. All this is over a fishing pole. *oh but we're both high and mighty and we look down on kill stealers* cut the crap. Had several members of this guy's friends/guild try to retaliate against me at the hadden camp. Bottom of the line act like a grown up don't feed forum trolls and use guilds to get results if someone actually stole something from you and you don't just make forum posts to get attention which is clearly obvious of someone who posts on forums to say ding I'm finally level 30 I finally got sow! Sorry that's nice but you're not acting like a grown up.

ZiggyTheMuss
01-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Okay, fuck this! You can represent yourself. Best of luck to you!

Muggens
01-26-2019, 04:44 PM
rambling words...

You could spare yourself all this hassle if you just stop KS'ing. Why continue, you're in the wrong here, doesnt matter if the con is green or had no loot or OP is an iksar with a name you dont approve of.

Toothed
01-26-2019, 05:05 PM
So we both broke the rules numerous times but I'm the one who is in the wrong and the bad guy? Not that I broke the rules numerous times but just to show how ignorant your comment is Muggens. And I would like to reference the other post where everyone thought it was fine to nuke away at hadden when camper was afk for 20 seconds.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:06 PM
So we both broke the rules numerous times but I'm the one who is in the wrong and the bad guy? Not that I broke the rules numerous times but just to show how ignorant your comment is Muggens. And I would like to reference the other post where everyone thought it was fine to nuke away at hadden when camper was afk for 20 seconds.

I wasn't AFK when he spawned.

Again. You. Logged. Off.

You broke the rules. Deal with the fall out.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:08 PM
And Toothed, my name is Taranys (Ta-Ran-Is). At least you could spell it right. Geesh.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:10 PM
Okay so I read that other post and everyone on that post is saying 20 seconds is an insurmountable time to wait to attack Hadden so I think everyone needs to put down yer kool aid. Sad truth is people are not innocent on the internet and p99 is no different. Couple that with the fact that /petition doesn't seem to do anything. I like how everyone and their mother tried to label me the bad guy in this. It's really a mute point but I think guild are the way to handle this situation not gm's and forums and generally acting like an 8 year old that doesn't understand nuances of good/bad. Why would you be off your rocker upset and crying if someone nuked a mob that's green to you that drops no loot besides a fishing pole. Everyone points out that I logged out like oh he incriminated himself! No it's called being honest and saying what really happened. Not changing timestamps around of how long you've been camping somewhere. Don't name your character Teranys and come crying to me over the rules. Because that name is against the rules and maintaining your presence at a camp does not include sending me tells that you're using the restroom. If the earring dropped I would have given it to op but that still doesn't explain why he had to REEEE get triggered. All this is over a fishing pole. *oh but we're both high and mighty and we look down on kill stealers* cut the crap. Had several members of this guy's friends/guild try to retaliate against me at the hadden camp. Bottom of the line act like a grown up don't feed forum trolls and use guilds to get results if someone actually stole something from you and you don't just make forum posts to get attention which is clearly obvious of someone who posts on forums to say ding I'm finally level 30 I finally got sow! Sorry that's nice but you're not acting like a grown up.

Lol keep digging that hole. This justification is simply hilarious!

And I'm not in a guild. Another lie. Wow.

Toothed
01-26-2019, 05:12 PM
Not like i'm level 60 farming this thing. I wanted one and I camped him for 24 hours and legalled my way to a fishbone earring at this hell hole of a camp. Obviously verrant is trolling all of us. If the guy wasn't afk and was actually paying attention or put in any work to figure out the spawn timer he could have easily outdamaged me with a +10 level shammy. Thing is he would have outdamaged me everytime but instead he decided to melee Hadden and spew all caps in the chat. The earring didn't drop and I don't feel bad at all because I didn't steal anything. I've had the exact same thing happen to me and chalked it up to this being a game and it's not that serious and if the rare item didn't get stolen WHO CARES? forum trolls

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:16 PM
Not like i'm level 60 farming this thing. I wanted one and I LOGGED OUT camped him for 24 hours and ILlegalled my way to a fishbone earring at this hell hole of a camp. Obviously verrant is trolling all of us. If the guy wasn't afk and was actually paying attention or put in any work to figure out the spawn timer he could have easily outdamaged me with a +10 level shammy. Thing is he would have outdamaged me everytime but instead he decided to melee Hadden and spew all caps in the chat. The earring didn't drop and I don't feel bad at all because I didn't steal anything. I've had the exact same thing happen to me and chalked it up to this being a game and it's not that serious and if the rare item didn't get stolen WHO CARES? forum trolls

I had dots loaded up to Root Rot, as most Shaman do. I didn't have my nuke mem'd as I wasn't expecting some rule breaker to swoop in and KS me at the last minute.

Deal with it, Kill stealer.

Fixed it for you.

Toothed
01-26-2019, 05:20 PM
As others have eluded to that was your mistake. Don't need roots/dots/pet/pet buffs on a green mob you can dd in 1-2 spells. If you would have cast your dd you could have had that fishing pole and you still would have been crying because I cast on your mob one time.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:23 PM
As others have eluded to that was your mistake. Don't need roots/dots/pet/pet buffs on a green mob you can dd in 1-2 spells. If you would have cast your dd you could have had that fishing pole and you still would have been crying because I cast on your mob one time.

The only mistake I made was not expecting you to be a dirty rule breaking, kill stealer. Lesson learned.

Toothed
01-26-2019, 05:27 PM
You immediately run to the forums and try to make everything look in your favor like something even happened my dude. Magically how long you were at this camp changed to the maximum possible time. When you said differently earlier in game because you had no clue what the timer was. Fact is I sat there for an hour the second time to get the timer again a second time and you had to send me tells about your restroom breaks like I care. So I grieved you a little bit and shot a nuke at Hadden. After he was standing there clear as day to get a fishing pole. You were just so sure that my account was getting banned in game and my characters were going to be deleted. BUT YOU CONVENIENTLY LEFT ALL OF YOUR DIALOGUE OUT OF SCREENSHOTS SO YOU WOULD LOOK LIKE THE GOOD GUY. You are strait toxic as fuck and I don't understand how a grown man can act so childish in a video game.

Toothed
01-26-2019, 05:29 PM
Maybe the type of person who role played one character a female elf and another a tranny lizard but to each HIS own I guess

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:30 PM
You immediately run to the forums and try to make everything look in your favor like something even happened my dude. Magically how long you were at this camp changed to the maximum possible time. When you said differently earlier in game because you had no clue what the timer was. Fact is I sat there for an hour the second time to get the timer again a second time and you had to send me tells about your restroom breaks like I care. So I grieved you a little bit and shot a nuke at Hadden. After he was standing there clear as day to get a fishing pole. You were just so sure that my account was getting banned in game and my characters were going to be deleted. BUT YOU CONVENIENTLY LEFT ALL OF YOUR DIALOGUE OUT OF SCREENSHOTS SO YOU WOULD LOOK LIKE THE GOOD GUY. You are strait toxic as fuck and I don't understand how a grown man can act so childish in a video game.

I acquired the camp at 5:50 AM and was there until Hadden spawned, per my original post. How did that change? Please show me?

You broke the camp rules. Deal with it.

You clearly know you were wrong hence you are so butt hurt and trying to save yourself.

Hadden's timer is 6 hours. Anyone that can read English can find that on the P99 wiki. Show me where I said I didn't know the timer?

Good luck.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Maybe the type of person who role played one character a female elf and another a tranny lizard but to each HIS own I guess

English? You make no sense, yet again.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-26-2019, 05:35 PM
Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

This is from wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt...

Toothed
01-26-2019, 05:40 PM

truth hurts, huh douche?

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:42 PM
truth hurts, huh douche?

Quoting yourself? Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Toothed
01-26-2019, 05:43 PM
Quoting yourself? Brilliant.

Typical response from a literal flamer have a nice day

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 05:45 PM
So wait theres people that really think that because they killed a mob 6 hours ago and logged off that when they log back in the mob is still theirs?

And theres really people out there that think sitting afk on a spawn point having not killed any ph or surrounding mobs gives them rights to the mob?

I mean i know the rules here are terrible but this is basic information

+1

Mob was technically uncamped and under FTE status. Camps are held by cycling PHers AND maintaining presence at the camp, neither party satisfied both requirements.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:50 PM
+1

Mob was technically uncamped and under FTE status.

How was it technically uncamped? Because there's no place holder? Sitting there actively for almost 6 hours means nothing then. Interesting.

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 05:52 PM
How was it technically uncamped? Because there's no place holder? Sitting there actively for almost 6 hours means nothing then. Interesting.

Did you kill the previous Hadden and he drop a fishing pole? Did you kill axe broad smith? That's two ways you can claim the camp. Just being in the area without killing anything doesn't mean you have the camp.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 05:58 PM
Did you kill the previous Hadden and he drop a fishing pole? Did you kill axe broad smith? That's two ways you can claim the camp. Just being in the area without killing anything doesn't mean you have the camp.

Since when do you have to kill the previous Hadden? Especially when no one else is there camping him? The rules clearly state logging off gives up the camp. Which Drest did.

"In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off."

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299

Not being sarcastic. If that is really the rule, then fine. I'd just like proof. Not hearsay.

Toothed
01-26-2019, 06:02 PM
+1

Mob was technically uncamped and under FTE status.

I would like to thank again all the sane people I have discussed this with (mostly in game). I would also like to thank the people who helped me secure an earring after I was ACTUALLY ks'd at this very camp. Mob was uncamped and under FTE status describes the situation that took place on this fateful day. But as his character was physically there (albeit afk (fte)) I would have given him the earring in a heartbeat and then continued my camp IF the earring had dropped. This is all really just a mute point at this point in a 17 mile long thread. Have some common sense when playing this game and don't let your emotions get the better of you over a video game. This has been stressful for no reason as but to your toxic behavior. Let this be a lesson for us all don't feed the trolls.

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 06:12 PM
Bricks, I did not say Drest had the camp. Bolding the words log off does nothing to refute my point. I'm not claiming Drest had the camp, no one is saying that. You are wasting your effort to prove he didn't have the camp.

In response to your question. Fishing rod Hadden is the PH for fishbone earring Hadden. As per the rules you quoted did you kill the previous Hadden? No. You could argue you were killing the mobs 'in the room' if you had been locking down Axe Broadsmith, which as far as I am aware you had not being doing.

As such the camp was not yours. Hadden was open season and you failed to FTE.

Indeed

Kill Stealing is defined as the killing of an NPC for any reason that is already fighting or pursuing another player or group that is prepared to engage that same NPC without that group's specific permission

As we have determined you had not killed the previous PH nor kept the room clear, all you have shown is you jumped in on another players mob (through FTE) and QED kill stole it.

You're lucky the majority have took your side as this could have been an epic backfire thread.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 06:17 PM
Bricks, I did not say Drest had the camp. Bolding the words log off does nothing to refute my point. I'm not claiming Drest had the camp, no one is saying that. You are wasting your effort to prove he didn't have the camp.

In response to your question. Fishing rod Hadden is the PH for fishbone earring Hadden. As per the rules you quoted did you kill the previous Hadden? No. You could argue you were killing the mobs 'in the room' if you had been locking down Axe Broadsmith, which as far as I am aware you had not being doing.

Indeed

As we have determined you had not killed the previous PH nor kept the room clear, all you have shown is you jumped in on another players mob (through FTE) and QED kill stole it.

You're lucky the majority have took your side as this could have been an epic backfire thread.

Alright.

Evia
01-26-2019, 06:22 PM
Lol what? Who camps hadden and kills axe broadsmith in order to claim the camp? Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard. If someone is sitting at haddens spot, they're camping him. Whoever was sitting in the spot first, owns the camp.

The lawyer questing is getting out of control.

loramin
01-26-2019, 06:24 PM

I don't believe that's how it works. Think about it: if it was, then no one could ever claim any mob unless they killed the PH first ... but they could never have claimed that PH without having killed it's PH first, and they could never have claimed ...

Clearly if you show up to a camp, and no one else is claiming that camp, you can claim that camp, whether or not you killed the PH, and whether or not the mob is up at the moment or not. The only requirement to claim a camp/spawn point as your own is that it not be taken already and that you are prepared to engage the mob when it spawns (eg. you can't claim a level 60 mob with your level 1).

bricke75
01-26-2019, 06:25 PM
Lol what? Who camps hadden and kills axe broadsmith in order to claim the camp? Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard. If someone is sitting at haddens spot, they're camping him. Whoever was sitting in the spot first, owns the camp.

The lawyer questing is getting out of control.

I was going to say the same thing, but didn't. I've never seen someone kill Axe Broadsmith to hold the camp, but arguing with JimJam seemed a colossal waste of time.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 06:27 PM
I don't believe that's how it works. Think about it: if it was, then no one could ever claim any mob unless they killed the PH first ... but they could never have claimed that PH without having killed it's PH first, and they could never have claimed ...

Clearly if you show up to a camp, and no one else is claiming that camp, you can claim that camp, whether or not you killed the PH, and whether or not the mob is up at the moment or not. The only requirement to claim a camp/spawn point as your own is that it not be taken already and that you are prepared to engage the mob when it spawns (eg. you can't claim a level 60 mob with your level 1).

Agreed. That's how the rules work, IMO (and most people).

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 06:27 PM
Longest person there is just a gentlemanly concession to which many players abide. It doesn't give rights to the camp.

No one clears Axe for 6 hours because it would be a dumb waste of time.

However, neither of these facts mean you're entitled to undisputed Haddens just because you've been sat there for 333 minutes.

Agree on the lawyer thing, but if people throw about accusations of kill stealing and rule breaking then we need to make reference to the rules.

If B had just said what D did was uncool I'd agree. But that's not the angle B chose to pursue.

I don't see the problem. The mob is unclaimed until a ph is killed, the subsequent spawns are then claimed by the killer until they log off or win the item they are after. If they choose they can hand off the camp to the next person on their list (provided that person is there for the next spawn) otherwise the next spawn is FTE again.

Zipity
01-26-2019, 06:38 PM
Using this logic I think a lot of People at STormfeather are about to be so mad when I FTE it bc they didn’t kill the previous PHer or gnomes under the tree!

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 06:39 PM
Using this logic I think a lot of People at STormfeather are about to be so mad when I FTE it bc they didn’t kill the previous PHer or gnomes under the tree!

I'm pretty sure most people acquire storm feather camp through the list hand over system.

GnomeCaptain
01-26-2019, 06:40 PM
What a bunch of baseless, shallow, specious sophistry.

FTE?

Killing Axe or the previous Hadden?

Baseless idiocy. This was a clear ks.

It's like some people just want to argue.

Zill
01-26-2019, 06:41 PM
Any time I want to come back to P1999 I just come read threads like these.

Thank you all for sacrificing your positions on the human dominance hierarchy to show me the right way

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 06:46 PM
Its a discussion forum. An argument is a coherent series of statements, using opinion derived from evidence to support a position. Forum is being used as intended.

For what it's worth, I agree cycling Axe to secure Hadden would be rediculous, but I think the same of killing Brother Jentry to secure Lucan. It was a flippant suggestion.

Zal22
01-26-2019, 06:58 PM
STFU Jimjam

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 06:59 PM
STFU Jimjam

That's rather rude.

There are three mechanics by which you can acquire a camp; killing PHers, clearing the room if there isn't a ph or inheriting it through a hand off.

I'm sorry if my position is so upsetting to you it causes you to lose your composure.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-26-2019, 07:16 PM
What a bunch of baseless, shallow, specious sophistry.

FTE?

Killing Axe or the previous Hadden?

Baseless idiocy. This was a clear ks.

It's like some people just want to argue.

loramin
01-26-2019, 07:21 PM
I don't see the problem. The mob is unclaimed until a ph is killed

That's the problem. By your logic, you are not allowed to kill the PH, because it's not your's. By your logic, the only camps that are your's are the ones in which you've killed the previous PH. That translates into no camps, ever, because you can never kill the first mob of a camp (PH or not) to start the cycle because you can never have killed the mob before it.

Now of course obviously the cycle has to start somewhere, and it has to be possible to claim a camp without magically having killed the PH before claiming the camp. Camp claims start when someone claims an unclaimed spawn point. The rules do not say that you need to kill a PH to claim a camp. Hell, they don't even say you need to be next to Hadden's spawn point:

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp' ... You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it.

This is not rocket science. If Bob is waiting for Hadden and no one else is, Bob has that camp, even though Bob didn't kill the PH. If Fred shows up and takes Hadden from Bob by out-DPSing, that is a kill steal, plain and simple.

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 07:42 PM
I don't believe my arguments lead to the conclusion that one can only kill mobs one already is camping.

My arguments only cover how one secures the exclusive right to camp amob (kill ph, clear room or inherit via list/hand off).

As I've already stated, if no one has done any of these actions the mob is uncamped and FTE. The camp rules exist to prevent kill stealing; you don't need camp rights to kill a mob, you just can't kill a mob to which another player has camp rights.

'First come first served' doesn't seem to be a legislated rule. Perhaps this thread will change that. It's certainly a rule I choose to play by. I don't always have the means to check if another player has secured their camp by any of the 3 paths previously mentioned (cycling ph/room or list hand off) and I don't want to risk KSing another players legitimate camp just because I suspect that they may be faking their claim to it.

Edit: and thanks for entertaining my position in a courteous manner, Loramin. You truly are a gentleman.

Toothed
01-26-2019, 07:45 PM
And if Bob needs to take a piss he does it in hadden lake and sends you a tell about it because he is a lizard tyranny with all the required bits to dot such a thing

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Also Loramin, why did you snip out the section on how a camp is considered 'held'?

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it

You do realise the part you removed affirms the very point I am arguing? It's not your camp until you kill a spawn?

It says 1) kill ph/room to hold camp
2) if someone wishes to contest camp you need to maintain a presence

2 is not triggered unless condition 1) already exists; a camp needs to be held to be contested and to be held you have to had cycled ph/room.

aaezil
01-26-2019, 08:07 PM

Thats not how lucan works though. You could sit in lucan’s room with 200 level 60s but you would not have lucan rights unless you were keeping his room cleared. Similarly you could have a raid force at hadden but if you werent there since one of you killing the previous hadden or killing any surrounding mobs (the room) you would not have any claim to hadden

aaezil
01-26-2019, 08:11 PM
If two people are sitting at hadden and neither have killed the previous hadden (or if someone did but logged out since then) then neither of them have claim to hadden unless they are killing nearby mobs or something. Just sitting semi afk at a spawn point doesnt give rights to anything as most people understand the current (terrible) rules. In the situation OP described hadden would be FTE rights.

TheSurgeon
01-26-2019, 08:13 PM
+1

Mob was technically uncamped and under FTE status. Camps are held by cycling PHers AND maintaining presence at the camp, neither party satisfied both requirements.

No.

We are going to shut this hillbilly thinking the fuck down right here and now. You, and those like you, have such a gross misunderstanding of the letter of the law, and language in general, that it is almost worthy of a scholarly study. I see I need to lay it out brick by fucking brick to end this shinning example of avarice.

In general means that there are exceptions to the rule, and any good faith argument would firmly position Hadden as both a camp and one that does not follow normal doctrine. There is no PH, Place Holder, for a static mob on a set respawn. Hadden with a fishing pole is not the place holder for Hadden with a fishbone earring, just like the Frenzied Ghoul without an FBSS isn't the PH for a Frenzied Ghoul with one. That line of thinking is insane, disingenuous, and can only be brought into existence by a greedy goblin.

Hadden is a camp. A camp that can be claimed by means of presence. No you don't have to kill a random green NPC for it to be considered a camp. We all know good and god damn well that is referring, in general, to traditional camps. Hadden is not traditional, but again, the mob is most certainly a camp.

The camp was claimed and stolen, using nefarious hand waving shit logic from loathsome real world paupers who want to twist words like cheap con men to gain the goods. To an honest person, a sensible person, a mother fucking sane person, or just an intelligent person who isn't a fucking loser hinging their life's worth on pixels, FTE was established for areas with roaming mobs with multiple groups to maintain a line of decency, and to keep raiding guild shenanigans in check. It is not the end all be all faggot fuckwit trump card to snag a named mob. It most fucking certainly doesn't apply to camps where a physical presence is maintained (in traditional camps that presence being the active engagement of mobs, and the quirky non-traditional camps the mere virtue of being there in game prepared to engage within a reasonable amount of time). A reasonable amount of time isn't up at 3 seconds, 20 seconds even 90 seconds. I'll concede that much further past 120 seconds and the waters become murky and you can only keep a six fingered, one eyed, inbred from treasure for so long.

What this server lacks is an appreciable amount of decency. You shouldn't wait, bait, pray, and attempt to snag a mob by ignoring all tells and hoping the person LDs, falls asleep, or had a soggy sock get too full. There shouldn't be mind games required to keep a spawn from people tracking your every move to take it away from you the moment you don't engage a mob within seconds. But that's where we are at. However, the foot comes crashing down, and the dick gets pulled out and pummeled against the forehead of any asinine mother fucker who wants to try and use convenient illiteracy to sway a mind and con a mob from another user.

To say Hadden can't be claimed without killing an unrelated NPC, and that an individual can't claim the camp without having killed Hadden the previous time, makes the one who pronounced the idea a fucking illiterate idiot, or a dishonest skallywag. Both can and should be ignored.

The OP could have been an asshole and said some mean things, but Drest is most certainly a backpedaling, crack smoking, kill stealing fuck.

No misinterpretation of language is going to earn you or anyone like you a win in elf court today chump.

Triiz
01-26-2019, 08:16 PM
I can see the point Jimjam is trying to make. Hadden is much more like Sir Lucan than some other random named with a PH. They are both guaranteed set time spawns that spawn outdoors with no PH that people get the timer for and come back later.

The several times I killed Lucan I intentionally left Jentry up to ToT him. No one ever tried to race me for FTE but according to the rules that I never saw publicly stated until 2018 I had no claim to the camp because I wasn't killing Jentry.

It's a dick move to KS Hadden when someone has been sitting there but it's also a dick move to KS Lucan if someone is sitting there but not killing the guards, yet that's the rule.

aaezil
01-26-2019, 08:17 PM
No.

We are going to shut this hillbilly thinking the fuck down right here and now. You, and those like you, have such a gross misunderstanding of the letter of the law, and language in general, that it is almost worthy of a scholarly study. I see I need to lay it out brick by fucking brick to end this shinning example of avarice.

In general means that there are exceptions to the rule, and any good faith argument would firmly position Hadden as both a camp and one that does not follow normal doctrine. There is no PH, Place Holder, for a static mob on a set respawn. Hadden with a fishing pole is not the place holder for Hadden with a fishbone earring, just like the Frenzied Ghoul without an FBSS isn't the PH for a Frenzied Ghoul with one. That line of thinking is insane, disingenuous, and can only be brought into existence by a greedy goblin.

Hadden is a camp. A camp that can be claimed by means of presence. No you don't have to kill a random green NPC for it to be considered a camp. We all know good and god damn well that is referring, in general, to traditional camps. Hadden is not traditional, but again, the mob is most certainly a camp.

The camp was claimed and stolen, using nefarious hand waving shit logic from loathsome real world paupers who want to twist words like cheap con men to gain the goods. To an honest person, a sensible person, a mother fucking sane person, or just an intelligent person who isn't a fucking loser hinging their life's worth on pixels, FTE was established for areas with roaming mobs with multiple groups to maintain a line of decency, and to keep raiding guild shenanigans in check. It is not the end all be all faggot fuckwit trump card to snag a named mob. It most fucking certainly doesn't apply to camps where a physical presence is maintained (in traditional camps that presence being the active engagement of mobs, and the quirky non-traditional camps the mere virtue of being there in game prepared to engage within a reasonable amount of time). A reasonable amount of time isn't up at 3 seconds, 20 seconds even 90 seconds. I'll concede that much further past 120 seconds and the waters become murky and you can only keep a six fingered, one eyed, inbred from treasure for so long.

What this server lacks is an appreciable amount of decency. You shouldn't wait, bait, pray, and attempt to snag a mob by ignoring all tells and hoping the person LDs, falls asleep, or had a soggy sock get too full. There shouldn't be mind games required to keep a spawn from people tracking your every move to take it away from you the moment you don't engage a mob within seconds. But that's where we are at. However, the foot comes crashing down, and the dick gets pulled out and pummeled against the forehead of any asinine mother fucker who wants to try and use convenient illiteracy to sway a mind and con a mob from another user.

To say Hadden can't be claimed without killing an unrelated NPC, and that an individual can't claim the camp without having killed Hadden the previous time, makes the one who pronounced the idea a fucking illiterate idiot, or a dishonest skallywag. Both can and should be ignored.

The OP could have been an asshole and said some mean things, but Drest is most certainly a backpedaling, crack smoking, kill stealing fuck.

No misinterpretation of language is going to earn you or anyone like you a win in elf court today chump.

I think you are the one misunderstanding here. Lucan has no “PH” he is just lucan but the ruling for him is you dont own the camp unless you kill the surrounding npcs (not placeholders - have nothing to do with the spawn itself) in order to claim the camp. Just sitting in the room does not give you claim to the camp. Hadden is the same way.. the mobs next to him are not PHs but if you want to claim him you have to be killing them (or you have to be the one that killed him last spawn and havent logged out)

aaezil
01-26-2019, 08:20 PM
Honestly the issue here isnt even so much the players being dicks (guy said he would have handed over the earring if it dropped) the issue is more the rules here are just god awful

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 08:23 PM
TheSurgeon I appreciate the depth of thought you've given this, and the time you've taken in your response.

Clearly we have a difference of opinion on whether a mob can be a ph of itself. I think I'd only consider triggered mobs or mobs with a 100% drop rate as not having a ph.

I totally agree camps like this should be first come first served basis, that's how I personally treat them, but it's not really what the rules currently say. Certainly not clearly.

Also, cool your jets. I'm managing to disagree with many of you without resorting to insults.

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Honestly the issue here isnt even so much the players being dicks (guy said he would have handed over the earring if it dropped) the issue is more the rules here are just god awful

+1 again :D

Zal22
01-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Thread now bad and unfunny. Thanks for ruining it.

Triiz
01-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Found the Lucan post from March 2018 (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2666921&postcount=142)

For Lucan, you must show you are actively killing Lucan's guards to claim the camp, that's pretty simple. Hell, he has a much shorter spawn time so there's plenty of lucans to go around. It's been this way for a long long time.

Maybe a lot of people knew that for a "long long time", but it sure wasn't common knowledge among anyone I knew that camped Lucan. Also never saw anyone clearing the room the few times I wasn't afk waiting on a timer prior to that post.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-26-2019, 08:32 PM
No.

I agree, possibly with fewer harsh sentiments to the core of this post. However I can completely understand how it was warranted. Its been pretty annoying reading some of the retorts in this thread that have been purely masturbatory and pompous.

TheSurgeon
01-26-2019, 08:34 PM
I think you are the one misunderstanding here. Lucan has no “PH” he is just lucan but the ruling for him is you dont own the camp unless you kill the surrounding npcs (not placeholders - have nothing to do with the spawn itself) in order to claim the camp. Just sitting in the room does not give you claim to the camp. Hadden is the same way.. the mobs next to him are not PHs but if you want to claim him you have to be killing them (or you have to be the one that killed him last spawn and havent logged out)

I can admit wrong on that point, and see the reasoning behind such a ruling (buried somewhere, whispered in the halls of Parliament, but far outside of the scripture of the Norrath Constitution). Already I've forgotten the most important rule of governing; considering how would an asshole bend this to his will. Park a character and fall asleep until the timer went off and rush back with burger grease in his fat sparse beard. Killing the surrounding mobs is the only way to keep a no lifer in his chair and ready. I, however, maintain the general tone and language of the initial post towards people who look to con their way around the rules. A rational person only need to engage in conversation to establish presence at keyboard, not the senseless monotony of killing a random spawn for five hours.

P99 needs an Alexander Hamilton.

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 08:34 PM
Thread now bad and unfunny. Thanks for ruining it.

If you wanted the thread to be funny you should have tried harder to make it funny?

I gave it plenty of time to run its course / be sent to RNF in that regard.

As it didn't get sent that way, and the lolz had fizzled out, it seemed a good opportunity to discuss possible ambiguity in the rules and disconnect between players and enforcement.

You're welcome to unruin the thread if you like, or alternatively find a new storm in a tea cup to fawn over.

I hope this post was masturbatory and pompous enough for you Iwap.

Zuranthium
01-26-2019, 08:36 PM
Jimjam + aaezil are correct. Except I don't think that rule is bad, it makes perfect sense. Think of how easily the boxers would be able to claim camps otherwise.

By your logic, the only camps that are your's are the ones in which you've killed the previous PH. That translates into no camps, ever, because you can never kill the first mob of a camp (PH or not) to start the cycle because you can never have killed the mob before it.

LOL, *this* is a lack of logic.

If you go somewhere that is uncamped and kill the mob(s), then the camp is yours. You have in fact now killed the PH - the mob(s) you just killed are the PH for the next.

By contrast, if you show up somewhere that is uncamped but you just AFK (or if it's a solo spawn with no nearby mobs with which to establish a camp), the camp is not yours. That would be a First-to-Engage situation.

Also think about raids for example. It doesn't matter which guild sits in front of a dragon first, it's whoever engages first.

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 08:39 PM
Personally, I think to communicate we are camping mobs we should have to

1) drop a beer bottle on the floor
2) hold a fishing rod; what is a camp without a bit of fishing?
3) also hold a torch, for what is a camp without a campfire?

Tbh Hadden is the camper we should all aspire to be.

Triiz
01-26-2019, 08:44 PM
Once DS becomes a quest bottleneck I hope neckbeards are forced to clear the room every 20 mins for 24 hours straight or risk losing the camp.

Zal22
01-26-2019, 08:45 PM
I agree, possibly with fewer harsh sentiments to the core of this post. However I can completely understand how it was warranted. Its been pretty annoying reading some of the retorts in this thread that have been purely masturbatory and pompous.

+1 IWAP and TheSurgeon

Wonkie
01-26-2019, 09:03 PM
not nice to troll jimjam

bricke75
01-26-2019, 09:53 PM
And if Bob needs to take a piss he does it in hadden lake and sends you a tell about it because he is a lizard tyranny with all the required bits to dot such a thing

You have a really strong fixation on me using the restroom. I'm creeped out. You've mentioned me in the restroom at least 5 times now. Stop being gross.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 10:00 PM
By his own admittance, he logged off. He forfeited the camp.

It's pretty clear cut.

bricke75
01-26-2019, 10:12 PM

Let the chaos begin.

loramin
01-26-2019, 10:17 PM
you don't need camp rights to kill a mob, you just can't kill a mob to which another player has camp rights.

'First come first served' doesn't seem to be a legislated rule.

Ok, this seems to be the crux of it: you're not saying you need to kill a PH to take a camp, just that you need to kill a PH to prevent anyone else from taking that camp.

Edit: and thanks for entertaining my position in a courteous manner, Loramin. You truly are a gentleman.

I try (and often fail) to be civil, but it's easier to be respectful when dealing with esteemed posters such as yourself.

Also Loramin, why did you snip out the section on how a camp is considered 'held'?

I did, but to be fair I added ellipsis, the international symbol of "and I'm going to skip some stuff here".

You do realise the part you removed affirms the very point I am arguing? It's not your camp until you kill a spawn?

It says 1) kill ph/room to hold camp
2) if someone wishes to contest camp you need to maintain a presence

2 is not triggered unless condition 1) already exists; a camp needs to be held to be contested and to be held you have to had cycled ph/room.

Not quite. It says "if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing". The key point is that it does not say "the only way a camp can be considered held is if you kill a PH", it just establishes that if you are holding down the camp you get to keep it.

I then quoted the parts I quoted because they support my argument :D

In any case, if I'm up to speed now I think your position came off as being more extreme than what you're actually advocating. You're 100% in agreement with everyone else on everything (including whether stealing the camp is wrong or not), except that you're saying "look, if two people show up to unspawned spawn point there's nothing in the official rules saying that the guy who was there first gets it". I tried to make a case for why you're wrong, and I think I made a decent one, but as you noted it required a bit of cherry-picking and the rules certainly don't out and out say "first come first serve".

In practice, I think we'd all be a bit surprised if Bob (in my example) showed up hours ahead, waited patiently, and then got sniped, and the staff did nothing. Assuming Bob was respectful to the staff and (just for the sake of argument, I would never actually expect this) has fraps showing things, I would expect that the staff would come down on Fred.

But I have to admit that, like many things rules-related, it's not crystal clear, and my predictions of how the staff would handle it may be wrong. One more reason to make my wiki rules project next on my to do list ...

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 10:19 PM
Not really Bricke I had already covered how you can legitimately hold a camp by acquiring it through a hand over. I anticipated the gotcha and it fell flat. I strongly advice against attempting to FTE a storm feather that someone acquired through a list hand off.

Incidentally the other two ways to hold a camp are by cycling PHers or killing neighbouring mobs. If you kill a mob that someone has already engaged, and you don't 'hold the camp' through the above means then you are liable to be petitioned as a kill stealer.

Just hope you didn't annoy the guy you KSed too much so it doesn't come to that.

Exit: thanks for your thoughts and clarifications Loramin, it seems we both understand each other's positions now and have argued them to the extent possible. Hopefully we'll get guidance on the Hadden wait issue, hopefully it won't go the way of Brother Jentry!

It would be great if the list hand off 'rule' could be edited into the main body of the rules too!

As you say, respectful behaviour seems to go a long way.

loramin
01-26-2019, 10:36 PM
It would be great if the list hand off 'rule' could be edited into the main body of the rules too!

Here's my plan:

Step #0: Finish my other wiki projects (eg. the Buff Lines (http://wiki.project1999.com/Buff_Lines) page)

Step #1: Go through all the many (http://wiki.project1999.com/Rules) different rules pages that the staff has worked so hard on, and get them unified into a single rules page, without losing any rules in the process, which can replace all the others (ie. literally get us all on the same page).

Step #2: Go through all known camp rulings (ie. spend a lot of time searching posts from Llandris and others) and get them all down "on the same page" too.

Step #3: Once we can finally clearly see what we've got, then we can look at ways to improve it (and I think this would be an ideal time to loby the staff into codifying both hand-offs and a "first serve" rule)

Step #4: Profit!

But anyone else is welcome to skip to #3 and lobby the staff now; that's just my personal grand plan for trying to make the rules more friendly for everone.

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 10:40 PM
Even if you strategically snipped the camp rules quote you're still a server hero!!

I believe at one point swish compiled all rules posts. I believe the post got nuked, but it may be worth contacting him to see if he kept a plaintext version of his document.

ScaringChildren
01-26-2019, 10:43 PM
Everyone is guilty.

Burn the server down to ashes.

Criminalize the name "Brad".

Imago
01-26-2019, 10:44 PM
Are you playing again?

I never stopped.

Ravager
01-26-2019, 11:08 PM
So much drama and I bet all he dropped was a fishing pole.

Zuranthium
01-26-2019, 11:08 PM
All of this goes to show why EQ needs an upgraded design in many areas. Spending 6 hours of your life (usually much more) sitting at a completely boring camp for an earring that's rarely even relevant on a PvE server. Not good. It also shows why PvP-style p99 is better than PvE. Much more interesting to be able to fight others within level range to claim a camp.

I generally don't believe in KSing as something that exists in the first place. Whichever group does the most damage to a target is who gets the kill. It's a form of competition I welcome, and in EQ it just becomes such a negative thing because of itemization, static content, and how much inherent downtime there can be. People actively trolling someone by following them around and killing everything they try to fight is an actual problem, and in that case my policy would be to have the GM's summon PvE mobs that attack the troll in question, or jail them perhaps. Maybe some kind of alignment system too.

Pico
01-26-2019, 11:39 PM
hello researchers from 2068 about to find first diagnosable cases of yet to be named mental illnesses

Doctor Jeff
01-27-2019, 12:12 AM
hello researchers from 2068 about to find first diagnosable cases of yet to be named mental illnesses

Those guys are having fun?!! Playing a VIDYA GAAAAME?!?!?

wittles
01-27-2019, 04:44 AM
This thread has been fun to read.

Diogene
01-27-2019, 05:03 AM
This thread has been fun to read.

Quality read indeed ^^

Lojik
01-27-2019, 05:41 AM
What is it about hadden that attracts all the weird drama? It's like the jersey shore of norrath

Vanech
01-27-2019, 07:57 AM
Shouldn't this be shoved into RnF at this point with no lube? Smh.

TheSurgeon
01-27-2019, 08:51 AM
Shouldn't this be shoved into RnF at this point with no lube? Smh.

That is the true take away from all of this. How a thread is filed definitely trumps insanity.

MilanderTruewield
01-27-2019, 10:02 AM
I have spent many minutes reading this entire thread. The one thing I take away from this is...

Why does Drest fixate on the guys name and tranny status? And how the fuck does he even know the tranny status? If he doesn't know it, why is he assuming the tranny status?

I'm so confused.

TheSurgeon
01-27-2019, 10:10 AM
I have spent many minutes reading this entire thread. The one thing I take away from this is...

Why does Drest fixate on the guys name and tranny status? And how the fuck does he even know the tranny status? If he doesn't know it, why is he assuming the tranny status?

I'm so confused.

It's very clear one person was trying to behave with a modicum of human decency, and the other got to act like an imbecile inbred. What's sad is they got away with it.

Zill
01-27-2019, 10:30 AM

I'm so confused.
The iksar's name is Teranys which looks like tranny to the KSer, I think.

My personal takeaway was someone in this thread called Ludacris the rapper a singer LOL wtf

Tupakk
01-27-2019, 10:59 AM
23 pages, Twenty Three fucking pages lol.

Hadden not up.

Swish2
01-27-2019, 11:10 AM
Sorry my character was bound here last week, therefore the camp is mine. What isn't there to understand here? Please leave before I petition, it's not worth getting your account banned over...

(lol)

Jimjam
01-27-2019, 01:27 PM
I read it as "tear anus".

bricke75
01-27-2019, 01:45 PM
I read it as "tear anus".

Maybe, if it you follow Toothed's inaccurate and botched spelling.

Taranys = Ta-Ran-is

Reading FTW.

d3r14k
01-27-2019, 02:02 PM
I prefer to call Tear Anus by his POLITICALLY CORRECT name: Ripped Butt.

Jimjam
01-27-2019, 03:03 PM
Nice play on words He That Shall Not be Memed!

Maybe, if it you follow Toothed's inaccurate and botched spelling.

Taranys = Ta-Ran-is

Reading FTW.

That certainly sounds cooler, but is less intimidating.

Muggens
01-27-2019, 04:57 PM
Thread fizzled out with OP being the badguy/kill stealer?

Someone sitting at an empty camp, you'd have no idea if he cleared previous PH, so just start competing for FTE...

Happy to say thats not how I play.

Beetle Juice
01-27-2019, 07:24 PM
I had someone KS Hadden several times years ago. Took screen shots of the shitty things this epic ranger said to me and posted it @ his guild. Next day the ranger was guildless! Sweet retribution!! Past experience, and posts like this, make me avoid contested camps.

rekreant
01-27-2019, 08:19 PM
I miss the classic days on live where GMs didnt pay any attention to crap like this and you just had to sort it out yourself.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-27-2019, 08:38 PM
Thread fizzled out with OP being the badguy/kill stealer?

Someone sitting at an empty camp, you'd have no idea if he cleared previous PH, so just start competing for FTE...

Happy to say thats not how I play.

Everyone interprets the rules accordingly. Especially if their interpretation favors them. Or just simply favors their argument.

Look at this way, to this day there are still very heavy debates, and a whole lot of animosity over analyses of America's constitutional rights written hundreds of years ago... So in the big picture this is just a virtual microcosmic example of that.

mcoy
01-28-2019, 01:17 AM
This thread is nuts. Does anyone remember the "Play Nice Policy"? The few times I've camped Hadden, both when knowing the timer and when just showing up and waiting it out, things have panned out as one would expect:

- I'm sitting at camp waiting, and some random_player_001 logs in (they know the timer). They see I'm there actively camping it, I get confirmation Hadden is about to spawn and we chat a bit until it does so they can update their timer and try again next time.

- I know the timer and log in. There's either someone there camping it or there isn't. If there isn't - that's self explanatory. If there is - it follows the same process as the above. We chat and I update my timer.

Most of us play here for the experience of enjoying a game that we previously enjoyed two decades ago. One of the things that made it enjoyable back then was the positive experiences most of us had when interacting with other players. Let's try and keep it that way so P99 can continue to attract new players and not discourage them should they venture into the unsavory sections of the forums.

Perhaps RnF should come with a disclaimer?

Mods - please move this thread to RnF.

-Mcoy

Swish2
01-28-2019, 01:33 AM
This thread is nuts. Does anyone remember the "Play Nice Policy"? The few times I've camped Hadden, both when knowing the timer and when just showing up and waiting it out, things have panned out as one would expect:

- I'm sitting at camp waiting, and some random_player_001 logs in (they know the timer). They see I'm there actively camping it, I get confirmation Hadden is about to spawn and we chat a bit until it does so they can update their timer and try again next time.

- I know the timer and log in. There's either someone there camping it or there isn't. If there isn't - that's self explanatory. If there is - it follows the same process as the above. We chat and I update my timer.

Most of us play here for the experience of enjoying a game that we previously enjoyed two decades ago. One of the things that made it enjoyable back then was the positive experiences most of us had when interacting with other players. Let's try and keep it that way so P99 can continue to attract new players and not discourage them should they venture into the unsavory sections of the forums.

Perhaps RnF should come with a disclaimer?

Mods - please move this thread to RnF.

-Mcoy

This ^^

Zuranthium
01-28-2019, 02:03 AM
This thread is nuts. Does anyone remember the "Play Nice Policy"?

The original PnP in 1999 said that nobody owns a camp and everyone who shows up somewhere gets to take turns.

Swish2
01-28-2019, 02:10 AM
The original PnP in 1999 said that nobody owns a camp and everyone who shows up somewhere gets to take turns.

(list of the other things that aren't the same here as in 1999)

jarshale
01-28-2019, 02:19 AM
Hmm interesting. So if I see a guy run up to a camp, the PH or named hasn't spawned yet, I can take it from him no problem if I FTE? Clearly I've been too nice with camps.

mattydef
01-28-2019, 03:00 AM
Toothless and jimjam are a couple of special dudes

bricke75
01-28-2019, 08:20 AM
Throw a little bitch fit on the forum and proceeded to steal via a guildie real nice bro

Except, ya know, I'm guildless (always have been). Makes it hard for my guildies that I don't have to steal a kill from you, right?

Another nice lie.

bricke75
01-28-2019, 08:22 AM

Thought they made it right and you'd never have to camp this smelly spawn again? Yet more lies dribble out of your mouth.

So many lies even you can't keep up with them.

Taken just now.

rekreant
01-28-2019, 09:24 AM
Thought they made it right and you'd never have to camp this smelly spawn again? Yet more lies dribble out of your mouth.

So many lies even you can't keep up with them.

Taken just now.

You dont actually have any real confirmation that tooth guy is actually Drest lol.