PDA

View Full Version : Petition Forum

Lazzdar
01-21-2019, 11:05 PM
Is the Petition forum not tended to anymore. Been waiting since Jan 4th to have my IP Exempted so my wife and I can play together. We met on EQ back in 1999 and haven't played together since. Would really love to experience it again.

Oleris
01-21-2019, 11:15 PM
Takes up to 3 months.

Prostatus
01-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Women have a bad history of causing problems on this server. They might not grant her access.

Mead
01-22-2019, 12:04 AM
people who make these threads without searching for the 9 million other ones created before it shouldn't get IP exemptions

Swish2
01-22-2019, 12:39 AM
We met on EQ back in 1999 and haven't played together since.

A likely story.

Jauna
01-22-2019, 12:58 AM
get caught 2boxing = account deletion on the spot
they check regularly. its not one and done
gl

Jauna
01-22-2019, 01:42 AM
Also they answer petitions from oldest to newest. worded poorly but if you bump your thread you go right to the back of the line

Bardp1999
01-22-2019, 04:39 AM
My wife loves following me around to cast haste/c2 on my group and then AFKing for long periods of time in between. She lacks fingers on her right hand, has carple tunnel in her left, and is mentally retarded. So obviously the two box test is inefficient on her,,,, but she is also great at rezing and porting despite her limitations. Some call it true love.

Jauna
01-22-2019, 05:50 AM
I will never forget the guy who paid a hooker to 2box with him to get exempt and got caught 2boxing hours later after getting the pass and tried to come to the forums to explain the situation on not getting his disabled son's account deleted

Lazzdar
01-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Page says up to 2 weeks. Wasn't sure how accurate that was these days.

Mead I didn't ask for your personal opinion.

I understand the two boxing-thing. Never had any interest in the whole two-boxing thing. Too much trouble, imo.

And yes, my wife has all appendages, digits, and loves to play. :)

Lazzdar
01-22-2019, 09:39 AM
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone applying for IP exemption is trying to sneak two-boxing in.

kotton05
01-22-2019, 10:13 AM
As a matter of fact most people who two box use a vpn and vmware. Don’t need an ip exemption.

mattydef
01-22-2019, 11:45 AM
I put an IP exemption in back in October /shrug

Champion_Standing
01-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Your request has been denied because of fictional wife. Please reapply for an exemption with a better story.

Mikebro
01-22-2019, 01:48 PM
There's no time frame for petitions anymore.... some people get answered instantly others could take up to 3 months.

Moerne
01-22-2019, 02:35 PM

The handle these kinds of petitions in batches. It's very, very common for it to take over a month for an exemption request to go through. There's a new post about this from petitioners on almost a weekly basis. It'll get handled eventually, you just have to have patience.

Bardp1999
01-22-2019, 05:26 PM
Your request has been denied because of fictional wife. Please reapply for an exemption with a better story.

I legit spit out my drink laughing

*golf clap*

maskedmelon
01-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Women have a bad history of causing problems on this server. They might not grant her access.

anyone else initially read this chap's name as praw-STATE-us as in the Roman god of seminal fluids?

mishurza
01-22-2019, 10:58 PM
I put in an IP exemption at one point for my brother and I to play from the same IP address for a single weekend. He was coming to town because our Aunt had died. We didn't even end up having time that weekend to play, but they still approved the IP exemption in time. Hope you didn't bump the petition request, that hoses you.

Madbad
01-23-2019, 12:45 AM
be sure to bump it regularly for visibility

Irulan
01-23-2019, 01:01 AM
Government shutdown

Lazzdar
01-23-2019, 01:59 AM

:D:D:D

Lazzdar
01-23-2019, 02:18 AM
You want a story? Ok here goes. It was 1999. I was a dark elf warrior named Lazzdar. I was running through Neriak 3rd Gate. A dark elf girl - Malicenew - was running by, stopped, and asked me to marry her. Was back when GMs did that sort of thing...held marriages between characters and stuff. I was amused by it, but we ended up running out and grouping. We joined a guild called the Iron League. Made lots of friends... We ended up becoming a thing long distance as she was in upstate New York, I in Washington state.

After about a year, we went our separate ways and each married another. He was an arse and abusive to her...my wife I'd introduced to EQ. After about 2 years she ended up running off with a clan member to California.

After seven years apart, I was on Yahoo messenger and saw my old EQ flame pop on. Both our marriages fell apart. So we ended up continuing where we'd left off. She'd moved down to southern Florida at this time. She flew up to visit. When she was supposed to leave, she couldn't and ended up missing her flight back. She took the next one, got back, and on the way back decided she was moving to Washington. This was 2004. She'd been here ever since. We got married in 2012, have an 8 year old son.

Aaaaaand we just want to experience EQ together again.

Story? Nope. 100% true.

;)

Lazzdar
01-23-2019, 03:02 AM
Sorry, my math was a bit off. We were apart 5cyears, not seven. Wanted to correct that detail before everyone was like, that's wrong so everything's a lie!!" Haha

Polixa
01-23-2019, 03:31 AM
Sorry, my math was a bit off. We were apart 5cyears, not seven. Wanted to correct that detail before everyone was like, that's wrong so everything's a lie!!" Haha

TYPO, THEREORE EVERYTHING YOU SAID WAS A LIE

Zal22
01-23-2019, 07:21 AM
You want a story? Ok here goes. It was 1999. I was a dark elf warrior named Lazzdar. I was running through Neriak 3rd Gate. A dark elf girl - Malicenew - was running by, stopped, and asked me to marry her. Was back when GMs did that sort of thing...held marriages between characters and stuff. I was amused by it, but we ended up running out and grouping. We joined a guild called the Iron League. Made lots of friends... We ended up becoming a thing long distance as she was in upstate New York, I in Washington state.

After about a year, we went our separate ways and each married another. He was an arse and abusive to her...my wife I'd introduced to EQ. After about 2 years she ended up running off with a clan member to California.

After seven years apart, I was on Yahoo messenger and saw my old EQ flame pop on. Both our marriages fell apart. So we ended up continuing where we'd left off. She'd moved down to southern Florida at this time. She flew up to visit. When she was supposed to leave, she couldn't and ended up missing her flight back. She took the next one, got back, and on the way back decided she was moving to Washington. This was 2004. She'd been here ever since. We got married in 2012, have an 8 year old son.

Aaaaaand we just want to experience EQ together again.

Story? Nope. 100% true.

;)

Feel bad for you. Sorry EQ is your life.

Cecily
01-23-2019, 08:02 AM
And then everyone on the bus clapped.

KansasComrade
01-23-2019, 01:07 PM

Mead I didn't ask for your personal opinion.

I understand the two boxing-thing. Never had any interest in the whole two-boxing thing. Too much trouble, imo.

And yes, my wife has all appendages, digits, and loves to play. :)

So what's her deal, she single?

KansasComrade
01-23-2019, 01:09 PM
Feel bad for you. Sorry EQ is your life.

Oh, 8 year old kid, nm.

KansasComrade
01-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Oh, 8 year old kid, nm.

I dun fucked up

Bardp1999
01-23-2019, 06:22 PM
If this isn't immersion then I don't know what is

Filing under Yikes

Whitebreadd
01-23-2019, 10:25 PM
Well this is horrible news. My wife and I just attempted to play tonight when i found out about the little ip expemtion requirement. I was hoping the approval would be very quick. Sad times :/

Lazzdar
01-24-2019, 02:58 AM
EQ's not my life, but it IS a big part of it.

Lazzdar
01-24-2019, 03:05 AM
I dun fucked up

Sorry, but I don't look at my son as a fuck up. :mad:

LazyHydras
01-24-2019, 10:07 AM
Do we have like...a general understanding of WHY it takes months for your petition to be answered in any way?

In 2017, I opened a petition thread because I flubbed a turn in for my HS key and was hoping they'd help me out. After a week passed, I, being a novice at how long these things take, posted a response that I already got a new key, but it would have been nice to get a response. A guide posted back, 1 month later, saying that my attitude wasn't appreciated.

I've had a petition thread open for 2 weeks about getting a 1 week suspension. Obviously I am not suspended now, but I'd still like to know why I was suspended in the first place. >>;

I'm no forum god or anything, but wouldn't it be reasonable to place things like bans / suspension on a higher priority list than, say, my first petition for an item reimbursement cause I messed up a hand-in?

kotton05
01-24-2019, 12:30 PM
Think North Korea and that’s your reason

LazyHydras
01-27-2019, 10:26 AM
Think North Korea and that’s your reason

Sounds about right.

derpcake2
01-27-2019, 11:11 AM
just leech your neighbors wifi for boxing

like all the pro players

LazyHydras
01-27-2019, 11:58 AM
my guess is staff consists of dads.

if i were a dad, i would rather take time to be a dad instead of spend my nights and weekends making sure some guy can "play with his nephew" (a.k.a. box) on a server where you're not supposed to box (but hundreds of people do it every day anyway because it's really poorly policed and really easy to get away with).

confirmed server staff are being good dads.

take time to be a dad today!

fatherhood.gov! (http://fatherhood.gov)

Username checks out.

Grail3r
01-29-2019, 05:34 PM
your other PC I mean wife is taking my spot in group .

Triode
01-31-2019, 08:15 PM
...my wife I'd introduced to EQ. After about 2 years she ended up running off with a clan member to California.

How has this not become the focus of the thread?

Lazzdar
02-05-2019, 08:00 AM
How has this not become the focus of the thread?

Because it's not really that interesting?