PDA

View Full Version : Server Status Conspiracy

Tricket
01-20-2019, 02:16 PM
We're all thinking it so I'll just say it!

Red is ddosing blue so their pop goes up.

AND ITS WORKING :eek:

Oleris
01-20-2019, 02:19 PM
My bet is GG is d-dos'ing

Tenderizer
01-20-2019, 02:32 PM
id wager its lulzsect, hes lost it.

Swish2
01-20-2019, 03:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/d3i0qUm.gif

Maybe the P99 universe is just giving you subtle suggestions.

loramin
01-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Obligatory:

https://i.imgur.com/UaLpJOK.jpg

shuklak
01-20-2019, 05:45 PM
The Best an elf can get.

paegan
01-21-2019, 02:07 PM
felt good to log in my fungi ragebringer twink and slay high elves in crushbone

YendorLootmonkey
01-21-2019, 03:22 PM

"But why is our population so low?? Come join us on red!!"

"Slay all these newbs trying to level!!!" .... *stab* *stab* *stabbity-stab*

"Waahhhh why is red server a ghost town, guys?!"

ScaringChildren
01-21-2019, 03:33 PM

As a Blue player, I can understand why Red calls us "pussies".

YendorLootmonkey
01-21-2019, 03:45 PM
As a Blue player, I can understand why Red calls us "pussies".

No more of a pussy than someone bringing in a fungi-wearing ragebringer twink for some unbalanced PVP to drive off any new blood Red could have kept interested this past weekend.

bigjeff100
01-21-2019, 03:45 PM
Haha i thought red was pretty fun yesterday!!

Clazxiss
01-21-2019, 03:48 PM
We're all thinking it so I'll just say it!

Red is ddosing blue so their pop goes up.

AND ITS WORKING :eek:

Yesterday was a good day. It was when people on the blue server were released from the yolk of oppression that is the current blue server. People received something that they were estranged from for a long time on blue, fun.

As I ported, buffed, and leveled with the new people I was able to bear witness to their preconceived notions of red, fading away. Red's pop has stayed at a solid 50 during non peak hours. It's obvious, these players have tasted sweet freedom and will be telling/bringing their friends along.

Blue had this coming for a long time. May it continue.

ZiggyTheMuss
01-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Yesterday was a good day. It was when people on the blue server were released from the yolk of oppression that is the current blue server. People received something that they were estranged from for a long time on blue, fun.

As I ported, buffed, and leveled with the new people I was able to bear witness to their preconceived notions of red, fading away. Red's pop has stayed at a solid 50 during non peak hours. It's obvious, these players have tasted sweet freedom and will be telling/bringing their friends along.

Blue had this coming for a long time. May it continue.

Aaaaaaaand Red is back to 10 pop.

Ghostly
01-21-2019, 04:46 PM
I played Red once. Got up to the point of being able to group in HK. Played for 30 minutes with a group there, and every 5 minutes a Wizard would nuke us mid pull and then run to the guards so that you couldn't attack him.

After an hour of that, i went back to Blue.

Rygar
01-21-2019, 04:59 PM
I played Red once. Got up to the point of being able to group in HK. Played for 30 minutes with a group there, and every 5 minutes a Wizard would nuke us mid pull and then run to the guards so that you couldn't attack him.

Even on a extreme low population server you need to use the most popular exp camps? No wonder someone had a toon waiting to nuke you. Try going off the beaten path a bit.

Hotel
01-21-2019, 05:04 PM
Even on a extreme low population server you need to use the most popular exp camps? No wonder someone had a toon waiting to nuke you. Try going off the beaten path a bit.

Only thing more annoying than promoting red server?

People like you.

dela7460
01-21-2019, 05:17 PM
So, when you kill someone do you get anything for it do they lose exp?
Do you get to loot something off there corpse?
Or do you just do this to be a d@#$.

I never liked pvp because of the higher level a-hole that stocks the lower levels.
You rarely hear about the ambush that wen't wrong because they tend to only go after those blue and lower conned players.

Maybe if after the player was killed they get a free rez. Then it can be all fun and games but I just see this as a shellfish mechanic just to interfere and mess with others.

Maybe there camping something and you roll in with a couple of buddies to take the camp or better just just steal the kill.

Sorry I'm just use to playing with a-hole when it comes to pvp.
I might be all wrong; it might be all gentlemen pvp. i just don't know.

Rygar
01-21-2019, 05:42 PM
Only thing more annoying than promoting red server?

People like you.

I highly doubt people who are annoyed with 'try red' posts agree with you.

I never liked pvp because of the higher level a-hole that stocks the lower levels.
You rarely hear about the ambush that wen't wrong because they tend to only go after those blue and lower conned players.

Maybe if after the player was killed they get a free rez. Then it can be all fun and games but I just see this as a shellfish mechanic just to interfere and mess with others.

Maybe there camping something and you roll in with a couple of buddies to take the camp or better just just steal the kill.

I never tried red here, but I believe you only get to loot the current coin they are having on their body (no item loot). Corpse camping is legal (I think) unless you declare in global OOC 'LNS' which means 'Loot n' Scoot', which basically means you can loot your corpse and leave the zone. Anyone preventing you from doing so is petitionable I believe.

Exceptions to this are certain 'no CSR' zones. I believe ToV is no CSR, not sure about other contested zones.

I do not believe there is exp loss from PvP death in any scenario, but i'm not sure if a mob damaged you 99% and a friend nukes you if it avoids an EXP death (on live it did). Drowning is a no exp death, I'm not sure if falling is as well.

You can A-Hole PVP to steal camps or prevent someone from killing a mob as far as I know, any and all true PvP is legal.

I don't know if training mobs onto people in zones that aren't 'no CSR' is legal, I wouldn't think so but ask a red player.

Don't take this as bible, just someone who picked up some info from Try Red threads.

dela7460
01-21-2019, 06:48 PM
Maybe one day when a few of my buddies want to give red a try we'll give it a shot as a small group. When you die alone its horrible, but if you'r dying with a friend then its a little bit more bearable; Missouri loves company.

lol i just had to leave that auto-correct in there lol

Clazxiss
01-21-2019, 07:03 PM

To answer your questions.

1. People can only loot whatever coin is on your at the time they kill you. To avoid this, everyone on the server just purchases peridots and sells them to merchants when they need cash. No items can be looted and no EXP is lost. Also, you can only attack and be attacked by people 4 levels higher or lower than you.

Example. A level 12 player can attack someone as low as 8 or as high as 16. PvP at the lower levels does not happen often though. On rare occasions, you get insanely geared twinks that are parked in popular zones. Because Red has been lacking in population, these people have gotten bored and moved on to other pastures.

Definitely try it and bring some friends. You get an extra 60% off a kill for EACH additional person in your group.

aaezil
01-21-2019, 07:52 PM

Swish2
01-22-2019, 12:42 AM
Even with the interruption you're making more XP on red grouped than you would be on blue.

That wizard was probably Miguel, and he was probably quoting Sun Tzu about using the terrain to his advantage.

dela7460
01-22-2019, 08:43 AM
Thanks Clazxiss,
I'll talk to some friends.

I do like the +-4 level thing.
That at least gives you a chance.

paegan
01-22-2019, 02:41 PM

I dont play red anymore but i would have enjoyed bind camping you til you went BACK TO BLUE :cool::cool::cool:

loramin
01-22-2019, 03:32 PM

No, not really:

YendorLootmonkey
01-22-2019, 04:16 PM
I dont play red anymore but i would have enjoyed bind camping you til you went BACK TO BLUE :cool::cool::cool:

Yeah, you sound like someone who would also justify running around beating the shit out of little kids for their Halloween candy.

Hopefully you don't play red anymore because you were considered "to be killed on sight" by everyone else for contributing to driving off new players.

paegan
01-22-2019, 05:06 PM
Yeah, you sound like someone who would also justify running around beating the shit out of little kids for their Halloween candy.

Hopefully you don't play red anymore because you were considered "to be killed on sight" by everyone else for contributing to driving off new players.

yeah i macequest every halloween too
gotta get those reeses pieces somehow

dela7460
01-22-2019, 05:46 PM
And that is why I don't play PVP.
Thanks for reminding me.

Yeah red.......I'm OK. good luck finding more people.

YendorLootmonkey
01-22-2019, 05:46 PM

If you're gonna punch a toddler, at least do it for a candy bar.

Clazxiss
01-22-2019, 06:26 PM
Thanks Clazxiss,
I'll talk to some friends.

It does give you a chance. Considering how fast you can level, once you hit 60, you're only worry is other 60s.

Do not let the trolls and the negative people skew your view of the red server. I guarantee that red will offer a better Everquest adventure than blue. Tell you what, send me a PM with a time and date you and your friend would like to try red. I will port, bind, and show you great spots to get started and level fast.

Bardp1999
01-22-2019, 08:42 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Gi2JEbI.jpg

MiRo2
01-22-2019, 10:36 PM

No, not really:

Can't equip epics lower than 46 anymore, and if they haven't unequipped it after the patch they still won't be able to attack with it.

That being said I did see a Paladin have to pull an HP ring to a mob of naked rangers and bards, and a mostly naked DE running around with a wurmslayer and fungi. Neither of them accomplished much that I saw.

d3r14k
01-23-2019, 12:39 AM
MaceQuest.img

I have always been confused when you link this. If the dude had the mace, why the hell does he look like HE was the one to get bonked with it?

Did he just lose at MaceQuest?

Samaritan
01-23-2019, 02:22 PM
I leveled up on Red during the days of epic PK'ers in CB.

Exp bonus is so high that I was caught maybe once or twice by them, but by the next time we crossed paths I was already out of range to them.

The absolute horror of it all as described by bluebies who never experienced it (and never will) makes me smile.

ScaringChildren
01-23-2019, 02:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Gi2JEbI.jpg

This dude is 34?

My dad looks younger than him.

derpcake2
01-23-2019, 02:41 PM
When you with a group of friends, its really enjoyable.

Inevitably some gang of unemployed retards ends up ruling the place, and it turns to shit for 90% of the active players, because time investment > all.

I feel this covers both blue and red.