PDA

View Full Version : Make Stormfeather not retarded 2019

kaizersoze
01-18-2019, 06:38 PM
At least take out skips. Every 18 hours + /- 1 for a universally good quest item is silly as it is, especially when you can cut in line whenever someone LDs because the camp isn't "claimed" anymore.

Heebs13
01-18-2019, 06:47 PM
At least take out skips. Every 18 hours + /- 1 for a universally good quest item is silly as it is, especially when you can cut in line whenever someone LDs because the camp isn't "claimed" anymore.

Stormfeather's map piece was one of the easiest items I have ever gotten on this server. I literally just afked there in line, checked my logs for stormfeather's spawn to get the timer, and then when my turn came up sat at my computer and watched youtube for an hour or two, afked 18 hours, repeat til spawn. Took all of maybe 3 or 4 hours of actually being in front of my computer to get the piece.

If going LD is a frequent problem for you, it might not be a good camp for you. Otherwise it's extremely low-effort.

kaizersoze
01-18-2019, 06:55 PM
Not an issue for me, is for someone whos been here since sunday though.

Comoc1
01-18-2019, 07:24 PM
Stormfeather isn’t the problem. Employment is the problem.

Heebs13
01-18-2019, 07:43 PM
Stormfeather isn’t the problem. Employment is the problem.

Weekends exist.

And if you work full time AND you work weekends, then your playtime probably prohibits you from a lot more than just Stormfeather.

Bardp1999
01-18-2019, 07:43 PM

Asking for a friend kekekeke

Heebs13
01-18-2019, 07:45 PM

Sorry to hear that they are having a rough time. Sometimes people sell loot rights to the map piece. If your friend can make enough pp from items that don't require a stable internet connection maybe they can buy it.

aaezil
01-18-2019, 07:55 PM
If your quality of life here on p99 was on the devs agenda literally every rule/stupidly long timer would be different

Naesunij
01-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Just show up right before window, out damage the person in line for a week camping it even if you don't get FTE, loot, /q, maybe/maybe not get a temp suspension, and viola!

It worked for Servicon, it can work for you too!

Ivah
01-20-2019, 10:46 AM
"Try red server" thx swish

Brocode
01-20-2019, 11:20 AM
they are pretty severe if you try to hijack the camp and KS, keep your logs and fraps on, make a petition, the staff will come around when they can, sometimes faster, sometimes slower, and they will delete the item if the KSer looted.

Vizax_Xaziv
01-20-2019, 12:51 PM
Just show up right before window, out damage the person in line for a week camping it even if you don't get FTE, loot, /q, maybe/maybe not get a temp suspension, and viola!

It worked for Servicon, it can work for you too!

I certainly would NOT recommend doing this (if you value your character and/or overall account.)

lol

loramin
01-20-2019, 01:09 PM
"Try red server" thx swish

Honestly at this point it's not bad advice: Red has almost no players, so I'd bet there isn't any competition for Stormfeather ;)

Of course, it would be hard to find groups to level up to the point where you'd actually want Stormfeather ... but that's a separate problem.

Freakish
01-20-2019, 01:27 PM
On the other hand there's a good chance that half the server is camping Lodizal at once.

kaev
01-20-2019, 02:22 PM
On the other hand there's a good chance that half the server is camping Lodizal at once.

So bring 3 friends and out-number them.

shuklak
01-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Take a couple suck days off work

turbosilk
01-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Sorry to hear that they are having a rough time. Sometimes people sell loot rights to the map piece. If your friend can make enough pp from items that don't require a stable internet connection maybe they can buy it.

Yes this is how the game is supposed to be played. You grind plat so you can pay the guy who is *playing* the game to camp the map piece keeping your from playing the game so he can sell it to you.

This encourages more neckbeards to camp bottlenecks to make you grind plat to buy the item from them. While you are at it grind plat for every upgrade in the game to encourage even more unemployed to hoard plat (for rent?).

kaizersoze
01-21-2019, 06:06 PM
You know the camp itself isn't THAT bad. Its the server being less consistent than anyone's dad who walked out for some cigarettes and never came back that's the issue. Its all the server resets that require you to be an unemployed bum to ninja to the front of the line in the middle of the day because everyone else is at fucking work.

mickmoranis
01-21-2019, 07:20 PM
Stormfeather's map piece was one of the easiest items I have ever gotten on this server. I literally just afked there in line, checked my logs for stormfeather's spawn to get the timer, and then when my turn came up sat at my computer and watched youtube for an hour or two, afked 18 hours, repeat til spawn. Took all of maybe 3 or 4 hours of actually being in front of my computer to get the piece.

If going LD is a frequent problem for you, it might not be a good camp for you. Otherwise it's extremely low-effort.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO RUN MY PC FOR 18 HOURS IN MY TRAILER DOWN BY THE RIVER

aaezil
01-21-2019, 07:58 PM
2019 still terrible

SOS

Swish2
01-22-2019, 12:40 AM
Put red on your radar, make 2019 great <3

Senescant
01-24-2019, 01:29 AM
I didn't have a problem with Stormfeather. Its not that difficult. Worst case farm some cash and pay someone to camp it for you.

Heebs13
01-24-2019, 02:36 AM
Yes this is how the game is supposed to be played. You grind plat so you can pay the guy who is *playing* the game to camp the map piece keeping your from playing the game so he can sell it to you.

This encourages more neckbeards to camp bottlenecks to make you grind plat to buy the item from them. While you are at it grind plat for every upgrade in the game to encourage even more unemployed to hoard plat (for rent?).

/salt

MamaKan
01-24-2019, 04:13 AM
EQ classic has always been about transcendant meditative poopsocking anyway. If you're not willing to stare at 20 year old pixels for days you're not going to accomplish much here.