01-09-2019, 12:26 AM
Done.

aaezil
01-09-2019, 01:12 AM
Pantheon will come out first guyz

Bardp1999
01-09-2019, 01:17 AM
Pantheon will come out first guyz

I cringe everytime someone brings up Pantheon. If Everquest classic was released in 2023 when Pantheon comes out, it would be the biggest shitter of a game to ever hit the market. This is exactly what Pantheon aims to do. Once it is released it will take another 2 years for the game to even be remotely playable. 2025 is a generous guess at when we can all enjoy bRADs latest failure.

Also a good chance of Chardok being released in 2025 so its really 50/50 on the threads actual question

aaezil
01-09-2019, 01:25 AM
I cringe everytime someone brings up Pantheon. If Everquest classic was released in 2023 when Pantheon comes out, it would be the biggest shitter of a game to ever hit the market. This is exactly what Pantheon aims to do. Once it is released it will take another 2 years for the game to even be remotely playable. 2025 is a generous guess at when we can all enjoy bRADs latest failure.

Also a good chance of Chardok being released in 2025 so its really 50/50 on the threads actual question

Bush did 9/11

Tethler
01-09-2019, 03:03 AM

I like p99 in 2019 though. Even if it ends up only being EQ gameplay with a new paintjob, I'd still try it. At least it would be like having some new maps to explore =p

shuklak
01-09-2019, 03:37 AM
There are enough dopamine craving mmo no lifers to fill pantheon with plenty of (no) life.

Bardp1999
01-09-2019, 05:27 AM
I like p99 in 2019 though. Even if it ends up only being EQ gameplay with a new paintjob, I'd still try it. At least it would be like having some new maps to explore =p

It will have all the shit that makes EQ live terrible and none of what makes p99 awesome. You can't sell a game like p99 to the youth, they will make too many concessions to Pantheon, mark my words - Games going to be really bad.

I dont blame them either, what's the point of spending 10 years developing a game to receive nothing in return because its a unmarketable grindfest? Hot garbage inc

Bardp1999
01-09-2019, 05:31 AM
Bush did 9/11

Good post

Tethler
01-09-2019, 05:39 AM
It will have all the shit that makes EQ live terrible and none of what makes p99 awesome. You can't sell a game like p99 to the youth, they will make too many concessions to Pantheon, mark my words - Games going to be really bad.

I dont blame them either, what's the point of spending 10 years developing a game to receive nothing in return because its a unmarketable grindfest? Hot garbage inc

Yeah, maybe so. I'm not putting any money into it until I can see it at/around launch whenever that ends up being. So, if your predictions end up correct, I won't have lost anything. These guys dropping 1k for pre-alpha testing though......lol.

Swish2
01-09-2019, 07:25 AM
Once the last patch is released, what else is left to look forward to?

You think you want it, but you don't...

d3r14k
01-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Yeah, maybe so. I'm not putting any money into it until I can see it at/around launch whenever that ends up being. So, if your predictions end up correct, I won't have lost anything. These guys dropping 1k for pre-alpha testing though......lol.

I know a couple P99 players who have paid $1k to get into Pre-Alpha. I don't even blame them really. If you are into MMOs, there isn't much in the way of good choices in 2019. Having said that, I feel like Pantheon will definitely come out. It won't be vaporware. How good / finished it is at launch is another debate though.

Had some downtime on Tuluven last week and probably spent two hours watching streams and development updates from the past year. Game looks good. It is still rough around the edges, especially in regard to animations. They are still in Pre-Alpha though, and any kind of graphical complaints seem silly when all.of us play a 20 year old game.

Pantheon will be good. I hooe they take their time and make it the best that they're able. Not everyone will be pleased and not everyone will play it six months after release. Then again, this game was never intended for "everyone" in the first place.

Ruhtar
01-09-2019, 09:14 AM
I cringe everytime someone brings up Pantheon. If Everquest classic was released in 2023 when Pantheon comes out, it would be the biggest shitter of a game to ever hit the market. This is exactly what Pantheon aims to do. Once it is released it will take another 2 years for the game to even be remotely playable. 2025 is a generous guess at when we can all enjoy bRADs latest failure

I cringe every time someone tries shitting on Pantheon. It could be you hate Brad because he ruined some part of your life or the only MMO you've ever played is EQ or you spent $1k on something in early development and didn't like what you played.

I'm sorry you're deeply troubled by this, but I hope you can get through it.

How many people are only playing here for Chardok 2.0 though? While there are some nice changes being made and new quests or whatever, it's not some life-altering experience that people should be holding their breath for. Yay knights do a little more damage. Yay monks are even more op. Yay a zone went from perma camped to dead to perma camped.

Beyond that, people already knew Velious was going to be the end. Sleeper be woke. No moon cats.

Mblake1981
01-09-2019, 10:08 AM

Also, tbf, Original EQ wasn't sold to youth either. Cost prohibitive computers with a 3D graphics card were not under every boy and girls christmas tree. IMO EQ would have been a different game if so, doubt the people who got me into it would have been into it.

Heebs13
01-09-2019, 10:33 AM
If Everquest classic was released in 2023 when Pantheon comes out, it would be the biggest shitter of a game to ever hit the market. This is exactly what Pantheon aims to do.

It will have all the shit that makes EQ live terrible and none of what makes p99 awesome. You can't sell a game like p99 to the youth, they will make too many concessions to Pantheon, mark my words

Okay, so is the game going to be EQ classic, or is it going to be EQ live? You seem to have the opinion that it is going to be both simultaneously. Interested to hear what you come up with on this.

bigjeff100
01-09-2019, 11:20 AM
Also, tbf, Original EQ wasn't sold to youth either. Cost prohibitive computers with a 3D graphics card were not under every boy and girls christmas tree. IMO EQ would have been a different game if so, doubt the people who got me into it would have been into it.

Hahaha this... This is exactly why i fell off after luclin. My computer couldn't play the new models, heck they barely got by with the old ones. No voodoo 2 under my christmas tree those days...

Mblake1981
01-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Hahaha this... This is exactly why i fell off after luclin. My computer couldn't play the new models, heck they barely got by with the old ones. No voodoo 2 under my christmas tree those days...

Hi jeff,

Not sure atm how to respond to your comment. You know what, nevermind I said anything.

Take care.

ScaringChildren
01-09-2019, 12:07 PM

You think you want it, but you don't...

kjs86z
01-09-2019, 12:19 PM

To some, $1k for a hobby is nothing.

kaev
01-09-2019, 05:20 PM

Voodoo2 was not sufficient for Luclin. My machine at the time it released had a Voodoo Banshee (Voodoo2 with integrated 2d graphics, first or one of the first 3d chipsets that didn't require a second video card for 2d) and I had to upgrade for the Luclin client. About two weeks after release I decided I still wanted to play the game and bought a new PC because manufacturers changed video interfaces back then more often than raiders change their socks. Nuked my entertainment budget for a year.

Mblake1981
01-10-2019, 08:09 AM
Voodoo2 was not sufficient for Luclin. My machine at the time it released had a Voodoo Banshee (Voodoo2 with integrated 2d graphics, first or one of the first 3d chipsets that didn't require a second video card for 2d) and I had to upgrade for the Luclin client. About two weeks after release I decided I still wanted to play the game and bought a new PC because manufacturers changed video interfaces back then more often than raiders change their socks. Nuked my entertainment budget for a year.

I had a Geforce 256 between 2000-2002, got a new pc in 02 with a Ti4200.

VooDoo was advertised for EQ in 1999 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhh79FZI404)

It's part of why I couldn't figure out Jeff's post. Wasn't sure if he was confused, making a joke, mocking me, laughing at me for being an idiot or just cutting my comment down to size. Maybe he was just talking shit, either way it's no big deal.

3dfx rapidly declined in the late 1990s and was acquired by Nvidia mid-December 2000, mostly for intellectual property rights. The acquisition was accounted for as a purchase by Nvidia and was complete in the first quarter of NVIDIA's fiscal year 2002. 3dfx ceased supporting their products from 15 February 2001.

FatherSioux
01-10-2019, 10:54 AM
People who dump on Pantheon are just sad people. The game is in Pre-Alpha, having a strong opinion on a game that is years from release speaks more to how damaged they are as a person.

It's quite obvious that there is a segment of the MMO fanbase that is dying for a return to the roots of the genre. P99, numerous EQ EMUs, Classic WoW, Nostalrius, tons of WoW emu, all of these offer gameplay and a style that just isn't available in today's market.

Project Gorgon is an example of a graphically inept game that has had some success because it attempts to return to the glory days of MMO. It is incredibly rough on the edges, but the gameplay is there and can be enjoyed. Graphics don't mean dick, gameplay and systems are the swinging dicks of MMO success.

-Pre Alpha Pantheon Baller-

Hotel
01-10-2019, 02:27 PM
People who have strong opinions about how people spend there income are generally sad people, who gives a fuck.

Sonderbeast
01-10-2019, 02:31 PM
People who have strong opinions about how people spend there income are generally sad people, who gives a fuck.

On the flipside, people who don't have strong opinions about how other people spend their money are generally very happy people, very much fuck gives.

ScaringChildren
01-10-2019, 03:08 PM
On the flipside, people who don't have strong opinions about how other people spend their money are generally very happy people, very much fuck gives.

So like, for example, you wouldn't mind if a rich person was taxed less.

indiscriminate_hater
01-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Bush did 9/11

Sonderbeast
01-10-2019, 03:28 PM
So like, for example, you wouldn't mind if a rich person was taxed less.

69% tax rate for every dollar earned after earning 10 million dollars to help pay for infrastructure, social welfare safety nets, national security, and expansion of mental health just for you seem fair as fuck. AOC should invest in the 69% gIgItY.

Cecily
01-10-2019, 05:09 PM
Well if Age of Conan spent its money better, maybe we’d still be playing it. I don’t see how taxing them more helps anything.

Wonkie
01-10-2019, 05:29 PM
has there been a dad mmo before?

bigjeff100
01-10-2019, 05:41 PM
I had a Geforce 256 between 2000-2002, got a new pc in 02 with a Ti4200.

VooDoo was advertised for EQ in 1999 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhh79FZI404)

It's part of why I couldn't figure out Jeff's post. Wasn't sure if he was confused, making a joke, mocking me, laughing at me for being an idiot or just cutting my comment down to size. Maybe he was just talking shit, either way it's no big deal.

Hahaha, welp that makes 2 of us.. I meant absolutely 0 harm with my comment, now i have re-read your comment about 20xx and i'm still confused on why you thought i was messing with you?

Anyways, just wanted to the clear the air there. Still am unclear on why you thought i was trolling haha.. I'll just go back into my hole now. Sorry!!

maskedmelon
01-10-2019, 06:22 PM
i liek OP's subtle dissociation of intellectual propriety from the property itself. nestling, the trademark tag as a footnote, how very cleverly indirekt. such is the hallmark of great maturity.

Mead
01-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Hahaha, welp that makes 2 of us.. I meant absolutely 0 harm with my comment, now i have re-read your comment about 20xx and i'm still confused on why you thought i was messing with you?

Anyways, just wanted to the clear the air there. Still am unclear on why you thought i was trolling haha.. I'll just go back into my hole now. Sorry!!

Sounds like he just didn't understand your post (that you were agreeing with him). A problem one of my exs and I used to have via text. Big jeff (the nicest guy on these forums) taking lots of heat.

bigjeff100
01-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Sounds like he just didn't understand your post (that you were agreeing with him). A problem one of my exs and I used to have via text. Big jeff (the nicest guy on these forums) taking lots of heat.

Haha watup Mead, happy friday bud! How'd 2019 so far?

Mead
01-11-2019, 11:20 AM
Haha watup Mead, happy friday bud! How'd 2019 so far?

Happy Friday buddy. All is well my friend. Pretty low key. Just making money, spending time with the fam, and obviously living in the gym. Oh yea and trolling forums I don't play on anymore. ;)

bigjeff100
01-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Happy Friday buddy. All is well my friend. Pretty low key. Just making money, spending time with the fam, and obviously living in the gym. Oh yea and trolling forums I don't play on anymore. ;)

Hahaha, livin the dream eh? I'm slowly realizing i haven't played in a long time yet here i am checking forums daily.. P99 retirement is just around the corner for me. In other news, need to get you an update on gym stuff! We'll rap after this weekend!

Mblake1981
01-11-2019, 11:31 AM

Fair enough.

VooDoo comment threw me off. Also getting rations of shit from people old and young when talking about PC related things. Either I am a giant knuckle dragging idiot or someone stuck in the past, often both.

It happens. It's why I asked first.

Mead
01-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Fair enough.

VooDoo comment threw me off. Also getting rations of shit from people old and young when talking about PC related things. Either I am a giant knuckle dragging idiot or someone stuck in the past, often both.

It happens. It's why I asked first.

Big Jeff is one of the few sincere people on these forums. So chances are he's on your side. I'm trying to be more like him

tycohunden
01-11-2019, 04:03 PM
If you want to do the ™ sign, it's alt+0153

▲ ▲
also
Serco™ did 9/11 (fact)

Nirgon
01-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Nothing says classic experience like guilds full of chars with multiple vulak loots bearding and fighting over Seb jugs

Swish2
01-12-2019, 12:31 AM
Oh look a Chardok thread, that'll speed up the patch.