PDA

View Full Version : Tempest deleted my goodbye, here it is

weaseal
01-06-2019, 03:00 PM
I left Tempest today and posted a goodbye on their forum. Within 5 minutes, my post was deleted. I paste it here unedited as I wanted to say goodbye to my friends:
Hey Tempest,

With a very heavy heart, I have decided to take some time away. This was a difficult decision to come to, because I love this guild and have always had a great amount of fun raiding with all of you. You are all an exceptional bunch of people who deserve great things. Unfortunately, due to a particular member, it's been very hard for me to have fun when I log in to raids lately.

A few of you have been especially helpful and kind to me as I learned the basics of raiding, being patient with so many newbie questions and taking time to show me how to gain an edge over our competition. I haven't forgotten those times and it makes it all the harder to say goodbye.

I'm not leaving the server nor giving my toons away. If you see me on, it really is me. I hope we can find ways to continue to connect in game outside of the guild.

I really wish things were different. Please don't be strangers.

Wishing you all the best,
Kan

matticas
01-06-2019, 03:01 PM
No accusations or cheap jabs. No name-and-shame. Heartfelt. Classy goodbye. Best of luck to you, wherever you end up. <3

Cecily
01-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Congrats on leaving a toxic environment. That's more difficult than you might think, particularly the longer you've been "invested" in it. I encourage you to do one better and to consider quitting EQ. Stop raiding and start focusing on the remaining 30-40 years of life you probably have left. Dead serious, I would murder every single one of you to get back the 6 years I spent here back.

bomaroast
01-06-2019, 03:27 PM
Are you talking about P99 or the forums or a guild that you're not a part of?

Nikkanu
01-06-2019, 03:48 PM
Sadly typical of Tempest leadership. The only reason they have a guild left is the remaining members that have months or years invested in building up DKP and are waiting to DKP dump if they can manage to get some decent kills before they implode completely.

Kazik
01-06-2019, 04:02 PM
I encourage you to do one better and to consider quitting EQ. Stop raiding and start focusing on the remaining 30-40 years of life you probably have left. Dead serious, I would murder every single one of you to get back the 6 years I spent here back.

And yet you're still on the forums?

Lets be honest, you wouldn't have done shit with those six years.

Cecily
01-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Lie down on the pentagram please.

d3r14k
01-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Cecily could have been Dr. Kekily with those six years!

To OP: Leaving a guild is always tricky. It's not like all your old buds are dead though. Now you have the benefit of only talking to the people you want. By the way please name and shame the Tempest asshole who strong-armed you out of the guild with his assholery.

Name and shame. For science.

kaev
01-06-2019, 05:26 PM
For science.

weaseal
01-06-2019, 05:35 PM
To OP: Leaving a guild is always tricky. It's not like all your old buds are dead though. Now you have the benefit of only talking to the people you want. By the way please name and shame the Tempest asshole who strong-armed you out of the guild with his assholery.

Name and shame. For science.
You know who it is. Kinda rhymes with smell finger.

Swish2
01-06-2019, 05:45 PM
This wouldn't have happened on the red server.

kaev
01-06-2019, 05:57 PM
This wouldn't have happened on the red server.

Gotta have competing guilds to get proper guild drama going. Red would have to reduce the threshold for creating a guild to 1 player, and then all 3 of those 1-player guilds would each have to go full on multiple personality madness to create their individual guild dramas.

Swish2
01-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Gotta have competing guilds to get proper guild drama going. Red would have to reduce the threshold for creating a guild to 1 player, and then all 3 of those 1-player guilds would each have to go full on multiple personality madness to create their individual guild dramas.

That didn't take long.

Jonabis
01-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Kanpalin, you are a good dude. There are many other good people in Tempest too.

The iron fist and ball gag tactic used to the higher ups made me not want to be there too. I decided to risk emptying my DKP bank defending Tempest in RNF to prove to myself leaving was the correct choice. It was amazing how swiftly I was ushered into discord to face judgement. It sucked for a day or two, but the punch wore off pretty quick.

You will have a lot more fun in Core Kan. It's nice to be guilded with folks that actually respect and appreciate each other from the top down. It sucks that Tempest ended up unable to provide that for so many of us. Hopefully , for the sake of the remaining members Tempest has that are there to see it thrive, those with the power to make it a guild worth fighting for can change their ways.

d3r14k
01-06-2019, 07:57 PM
You know who it is. Kinda rhymes with smell finger.

Brell Singer? The fabled dwarven bard?
Dell Blinger? The guy who plays on his 1999 Dell CRT monitor?
Bellring?... er... o-oh.

rollin5k
01-06-2019, 08:05 PM
i am impressed by the thing you just told us you did because had you not told anyone about the thing you did it might have been just like not doing anything at all. you knew you did it and you had to get that on to the shit-boards where it could be received like the hot warmth of the sun touching bare skin on a winter day. i'm extremely impressed by this fact and i commend you for doing things and i also appreciate the fact that you are posting about them. the server is alive and strong, you are an integral piece in the world of 1999 based elf lords and pissants. go forth into norrath and slay donkeys and eat dog shit.

slayerofwither
01-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Tempest stole my milk money.

branamil
01-06-2019, 09:47 PM
What kind of North Korea style leadership doesn't allow you to say goodbye to your friends? Congrats on leaving the cult, hopefully others follow suit.

Nikkanu
01-06-2019, 11:43 PM
What kind of North Korea style leadership doesn't allow you to say goodbye to your friends? Congrats on leaving the cult, hopefully others follow suit.

https://i.imgur.com/gkhivG0.gif

Swish2
01-07-2019, 01:00 AM
To those still in Tempest, if you're not happy.. why not splinter off and make a better version of the guild?

It's been done in the past, just look at BDA and the breakaway guilds that formed due to the poor leadership/similar cult management.

Nikkanu
01-07-2019, 01:09 AM
To those still in Tempest, if you're not happy.. why not splinter off and make a better version of the guild?

It's been done in the past, just look at BDA and the breakaway guilds that formed due to the poor leadership/similar cult management.

That's pretty much what Core is.

Detoxx
01-07-2019, 02:05 AM

You're not making a very strong case with that example. Just sayin..

Shinko
01-07-2019, 02:47 AM
<Safe Space> willing to take all

Nexii
01-07-2019, 02:54 AM
Down the memory hole.

d3r14k
01-07-2019, 09:28 AM
<Safe Space> willing to take all

<Safe Space>? Why not <I Splintered Away From My Main Guild With Shinko>?

Dolalin
01-07-2019, 10:24 AM
I managed to build a relationship, family and career, and buy a house all while playing here casually since 2015. What am I doing wrong?

Tides
01-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Is Tempest North Korea?

Pint
01-07-2019, 10:35 AM
I managed to build a relationship, family and career, and buy a house all while playing here casually since 2015. What am I doing wrong?

Played casually obviously

Aadill
01-07-2019, 11:14 AM
What am I doing wrong?

playing here since 2015

Lammy
01-07-2019, 11:35 AM
I never understood why some people get so bent out of shape when you decide to leave a guild on good, drama free terms. Maybe you leave a guild to go experience something else?

Whoever deleted your post probably has a social condition that ultimately leads them to believe EQ is real life. What a shame.

MamaKan
01-07-2019, 04:00 PM
So we all love playing EQ, being social geeks and trolling like stupid morons on RNF. That's what our community is. That's who we are.

Yet, many of you feel the need to prove to the rest of us that you are not losers, that you have a beautiful wife, a steady 6 figure income, kids, mansions. You even go to the point where you voice that "not playing eq makes you a better person". You're all liars and worst, you're lying to yourselves. Embrace the pixel calling !

If you are like this just GTFO already. We like geeky nerdz that shit in socks because pixels are too awesome.

PS: Tempest lift this stupid RNF ban already, we need more trolls here.

Fifield
01-07-2019, 04:22 PM
Embrace the pixel calling !

amen brotha! quit for like 8 months and missed it too much,

onward to 2020 P99 EQ'ing

Champion_Standing
01-07-2019, 04:29 PM
not playing eq makes you a better person

Nikkanu
01-07-2019, 05:06 PM
PS: Tempest lift this stupid RNF ban already, we need more trolls here.

Noooo, don't do this. The RNF gag has been one of the best sources of entertainment and has helped hasten Tempest's demise at the same time. It has helped expose how some members can post in RNF at will if it suits Bellflicker's agenda while others get their troll accounts IP traced and kicked with impunity for harmless and silly RNF posts.

Nikkanu
01-07-2019, 05:14 PM
I've especially enjoyed the super passive aggressive cringe posts in the Guild Recruitment forum attacking other guilds and boasting about how they don't post in RNF knowing that Guild Recruitment is the one place that no one can post a rebuttal calling them out on their nonsensical bullshit.

isiah
01-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Don't worry, pal.

Bellringer didn't let me say goodbye either. Then he went and told everyone some bullshit instead of the real reasons I left.

He's not a cool dude at all imo.

loramin
01-07-2019, 05:42 PM
Does anyone in Tempest (or even on the server) actually like Bellringer? I don't think I've ever seen a non-poster get crapped on so hard by so many.

icedwards
01-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Does anyone in Tempest (or even on the server) actually like Bellringer?

No

ZiggyTheMuss
01-07-2019, 05:46 PM
I've especially enjoyed the super passive aggressive cringe posts in the Guild Recruitment forum attacking other guilds and boasting about how they don't post in RNF knowing that Guild Recruitment is the one place that no one can post a rebuttal calling them out on their nonsensical bullshit.

Lol just read that recent post by dogturd. That’s some delusion on display! We should start a betting pool for how soon Tempest folds this year. I bet by early March!

ScaringChildren
01-07-2019, 05:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BhT7eME.jpg

TripleLegit
01-07-2019, 06:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BhT7eME.jpg

LOL

Swish2
01-07-2019, 06:31 PM
I love how these top guilds have RNF bans but people just hop on anon accounts anyway.

Cecily
01-07-2019, 06:50 PM
This is so good. A+

Shinko
01-07-2019, 11:14 PM
Safe Space Requires People to Talk in RNF

Swish2
01-08-2019, 12:00 AM
Does anyone in Tempest (or even on the server) actually like Bellringer? I don't think I've ever seen a non-poster get crapped on so hard by so many.

No

Why would a guild let someone who everyone hates lead them?

Also nobody from Tempest has given us "their side" of this story - why was his post deleted? ^^

YendorLootmonkey
01-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Why would a guild let someone who everyone hates lead them?

Hey, if that system of leadership is good enough for the United States, it's good enough for Tempest.

Jimjam
01-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Organisations need something to unite their members.

Bardp1999
01-08-2019, 04:13 PM
The same dick bags in Tempest are the same dick bags who were in previous guilds with RnF gags. If your guild wont let you spaz out on the forums what even is the point of playing P99???

loramin
01-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Hey, if that system of leadership is good enough for the United States, it's good enough for Tempest.

:D

ScaringChildren
01-08-2019, 05:10 PM
:D

Hillary Clinton did win the popular vote, right?

Bardp1999
01-09-2019, 01:35 AM
If Detoxx pulled this shit on us I would get really high and drunk, take my shirt off, and then challenge him to a fight IRL while screaming racial slurs. I would then award myself an additional 500 DKP bonus for defeating the guild leader in 1v1 combat.

Jimjam
01-09-2019, 04:05 AM
also bellringer finally banned me from the tempest forums. thanks bell, now i can finally delete that bookmark instead of reading about all of the mobs you guys didn't get.

he removed my access about 8 months ago after i called him out for trying to suppress discussion of guild issues on the forums. he issued an edict stating that any guild member who "contradicts leadership" in guild chat or on the guild forums would be subject to dkp penalties, and eventually guild removal. i said this was absurd, and he removed my access to the forums without even replying.

we won't talk about the time that flickk had sirken delete an RNF post that i made by accident, so i could avoid a 500dkp penalty.

That's a pretty good RP of a Dark Age tyrant. Makes sense given the fantasy setting of Norrath.

I often see Tempest characters flagged as role players but for some reason I never realised it was a hardcore role play guild!!

radda
01-09-2019, 01:17 PM
No shame in my game

radda
01-09-2019, 01:19 PM
If Detoxx pulled this shit on us I would get really high and drunk, take my shirt off, and then challenge him to a fight IRL while screaming racial slurs. I would then award myself an additional 500 DKP bonus for defeating the guild leader in 1v1 combat.

Considering we are both warriors, I’ve challenged detox in real life to a number of challenges and if you think this guy wins in EQ(which he does) you havnt seen nothing yet.

Detox is innately good at winning

-kB

Mikebro
01-09-2019, 05:12 PM
Considering we are both warriors, I’ve challenged detox in real life to a number of challenges and if you think this guy wins in EQ(which he does) you havnt seen nothing yet.

Detox is innately good at winning

-kB

I hope Detoxx doesn't stay out in the sun for too long cause he will have a imprint of your lips on his ass. ;)

Jonabis
01-09-2019, 09:45 PM
I hope Detoxx doesn't stay out in the sun for too long cause he will have a imprint of your lips on his ass. ;)

I pictured more tongue being used than lips...and the sun don't shine that deep.

radda
01-10-2019, 09:27 AM

Lol, you’re cute.

maskedmelon
01-10-2019, 10:07 AM
good to see some awakenpals out breaken the silence with a few homoerotic insults.

who else here imagines forum foe engaged in analingus?

Cecily
01-10-2019, 10:16 AM
I mean, I guess I can start now.

Thank you.

scaura
01-12-2019, 05:40 AM
Be a man stop trying to beat detoxx on pvp.. Try beating him on no. Of 🍕 delivered in 8 hrs..

PlsNoBan
01-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Wait wait wait wait.... I've been away from P99 for like 3 years or something now so I'm not up to date on current goings on. I don't even know who/what Tempest is but..... Are you telling me people actually voluntarily joined a guild with Bellringer in a leadership/officer position? I may be misremembering but if that's who I think it is then LOL

You did it to yourself :/

CharlesBarkley
01-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Congrats on leaving a toxic environment. That's more difficult than you might think, particularly the longer you've been "invested" in it. I encourage you to do one better and to consider quitting EQ. Stop raiding and start focusing on the remaining 30-40 years of life you probably have left. Dead serious, I would murder every single one of you to get back the 6 years I spent here back.

Sounds like you have a whole host of issues and are blaming the symptom, good luck to you

Cecily
01-12-2019, 07:53 PM
More or less accurate, but I’m doing extremely well right now. Good attitude. Motivated. Not threatening to murder you nerds irl as much or posting at all really. Year or two of hard work and I’ll be fine. Thanks for well wishes, Chuck.

Nikkanu
01-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Wait wait wait wait.... I've been away from P99 for like 3 years or something now so I'm not up to date on current goings on. I don't even know who/what Tempest is but..... Are you telling me people actually voluntarily joined a guild with Bellringer in a leadership/officer position? I may be misremembering but if that's who I think it is then LOL

You did it to yourself :/

Tempest is what Awakened was renamed to after a number of lengthy suspensions lead to the old leadership of Awakened stepping down. When asked who wanted to take over the guild only Bellringer and Flickk expressed wanting this position. Since that happened a large number of old members of Awakened have left. Many of those that left joined Aftermath or Core. Core (formerly The Untz Factory) was essentially formed by people that left Awakened after Bellringer/Flickk took over and who wanted to raid (to a lesser extent) but didn't want to join Aftermath for whatever personal reasons.

Nikkanu
01-12-2019, 07:55 PM
So no one really chose to join Tempest initially, everyone that was in Awakened was simply still in the guild when it was renamed.

Zekayy
01-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Be a man stop trying to beat detoxx on pvp.. Try beating him on no. Of 🍕 delivered in 8 hrs..

30 mins or its free unless pizza places dont do that anymore

Ella`Ella
01-13-2019, 01:28 AM
30 mins or its free unless pizza places dont do that anymore

Because of people like Detoxx, pizza places don’t do this anymore...

Swish2
01-13-2019, 10:04 AM
Because of people like Detoxx, pizza places don’t do this anymore...

Says the guy chewing his dinner and talking about food on the mic during Sirken's stream :o