PDA

View Full Version : Auld Lang Syne is a lie

MamaKan
01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
They say they gear themselves but then they group with people that are full BIS. They get their sorry asses carried through the game by people with fungis and BoCs and then they claim glory for their feat. Please. All your gear, all your xp are ill-earned gains on the back of players that actually pull their weight.

Nibblewitz
01-01-2019, 02:16 AM
happy new years!

Daloon
01-01-2019, 02:19 AM
it's true, need 1 <Dawn Believers> in the group for every twink so it all equals out.

Hibbs
01-01-2019, 02:29 AM
Good post lol

Rufus1
01-01-2019, 02:32 AM
Tell me more, almost there

Rainik Stormseeker
01-01-2019, 02:47 AM
yep, OP is spot-on :rolleyes:

Ashenden
01-01-2019, 02:55 AM
https://i.imgur.com/DL5pHqK.png
hi rnf

aaezil
01-01-2019, 03:04 AM
Then they raid in alliances that carry them even more. Lol. Still kind of a fun gimmick though

shuklak
01-01-2019, 03:19 AM
All Lies Syne

ReadOnly
01-01-2019, 03:36 AM
OP caught twinking in ALS, gets booted, posts to RNF

Thank you, next

Quiksilver
01-01-2019, 04:07 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/2q5l3n.jpg

Quiksilver
01-01-2019, 04:14 AM
xD oops
https://imgur.com/kIABdcC.png

MamaKan
01-01-2019, 04:54 AM
The other day I was on my level 15 warrior in unrest. He has all teh typical stuff people have on p99 in 2018 (yep it was still 2018) : Boc / Horn + 41% haste and 3k hp. Basic. And I see this Auld Lang Syne chanter, same level as me, getting raped by death beetles. I invite him and we go genocide the mansion. He looted all of the mobs, got all of the named loots and got 10 levels in a couple hours. How is that classic ? How is that acceptable if you boot people for twinking ?

I have more fascinating ALS stories to share. Rejoice all. Rejoice.

Swish2
01-01-2019, 05:22 AM
https://i.imgur.com/R604OYM.jpg

Hibbs
01-01-2019, 07:37 AM
The other day I was on my level 15 warrior in unrest. He has all teh typical stuff people have on p99 in 2018 (yep it was still 2018) : Boc / Horn + 41% haste and 3k hp. Basic. And I see this Auld Lang Syne chanter, same level as me, getting raped by death beetles. I invite him and we go genocide the mansion. He looted all of the mobs, got all of the named loots and got 10 levels in a couple hours. How is that classic ? How is that acceptable if you boot people for twinking ?

Being so tight is not a very good way to start the new year. I'd suggest some deep breathes followed by some time in the real world away from the hue of your monitor.:rolleyes:

solleks
01-01-2019, 10:06 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ln6anE6.png

d3r14k
01-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Speaking of ALS, I heard people singing the traditional "Auld Lang Syne" song last night at midnight-ish. I had no idea this was a new year thing. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention? Have I been inebriated at every turn of the year? Who's to say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPnhaGWBnys

icedwards
01-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Let me get this straight: You have ~300k worth of gear on your twink warrior and you've come to RNF to complain about an ALS member looting Unrest mobs after you invited them to group?

Phaezed-Reality
01-01-2019, 12:45 PM
tried to give ALS like 50k in gear, pressed trade without saying anything, they hit cancel.

dno bout this.

Nightbear
01-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Let me get this straight: You have ~300k worth of gear on your twink warrior and you've come to RNF to complain about an ALS member looting Unrest mobs after you invited them to group?

ScaringChildren
01-01-2019, 01:23 PM
And they're not playing on dial-up!

FRAUDS

Jimjam
01-01-2019, 01:51 PM
I heard they used window mode.

NOT CLASSIC!

Champion_Standing
01-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Disgusting

Bbeta
01-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Discrimination! ALS is a hypocrisy

Arkanjil
01-01-2019, 02:11 PM
I have a few alts in ALS. On one of them, I stay true to mission. On the other...I carry around a twink set to use while I level solo. If anyone walks by, I switch back to the untwinked set.

k9quaint
01-01-2019, 02:37 PM
I have a few alts in ALS. On one of them, I stay true to mission. On the other...I carry around a twink set to use while I level solo. If anyone walks by, I switch back to the untwinked set.

This is very believable. :D
People looking? Follow the rules.

Wonkie
01-01-2019, 02:43 PM
it's against the rules to group with someone who has better gear than you

Shinko
01-01-2019, 03:06 PM
People only cheat them self if they cheat in als

aaezil
01-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Auld lang sigh

shuklak
01-01-2019, 03:34 PM
People only cheat them self if they cheat in als

Direct quote from Barry Bonds.

Ghostly
01-01-2019, 04:11 PM
I sold a level 20 ALS member a Fungi and an FBSS this morning. It is what it is.

Shinko
01-01-2019, 05:08 PM
Name and Shame!

fastboy21
01-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Name and Shame!

NAME AND SHAME! GOOBLE GOBBLE! NAME AND SHAME! GOOBLE GOBBLE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM

Shinko
01-01-2019, 05:24 PM
will pay NON ALS plat for Names, Screen Caps Logs !

Hibbs
01-01-2019, 05:42 PM

My sides hurt LOL

MamaKan
01-01-2019, 06:39 PM
There is no life outside of everquest, its another lie that should warrant an RNF post.

And I don't complain that they loot from me, I complain that they benefit from the gear of others to farm camps and "earn" plat and exp. Because they don't earn anything, they are filthy leeches !

Bardp1999
01-01-2019, 06:55 PM
Big if true

Rainik Stormseeker
01-01-2019, 08:00 PM
Like we haven't heard this before :rolleyes:

Yes, we do random checks and have booted violators. But , our ruleset is like a lock - can only keep the good guys/gals out and honest. If you're going to join ALS just to cheat or sully our name, you have bigger problems in life.

Wallicker
01-01-2019, 08:09 PM
Join today the ALS life is the road less traveled!

Wonkie
01-01-2019, 08:33 PM
beards hate ALS cuz it proves all the gear they sell in the tunnel is worthless

beargryllz
01-01-2019, 09:01 PM
big if true

Irulan
01-01-2019, 09:19 PM
wipe it clean 2019

Pariad
01-01-2019, 09:48 PM
weak

taamas
01-02-2019, 12:14 AM
beards hate ALS cuz it proves all the gear they sell in the tunnel is worthless

Lodi farmers hate ALS too. :D

CodyF86
01-02-2019, 02:00 AM
Haters gonna hate.

KansasComrade
01-02-2019, 03:21 AM
Lodi farmers hate ALS too. :D

I'm not a farmer per se, but I am a member of any other guild out there who wants to get Lodi. WHAT IS YOUR SECRET!?

shuklak
01-02-2019, 04:23 AM
Grit, determination, time, and 3rd party hotkey scripts

Bardp1999
01-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Hinko Hardmode bought almost all of his gear in EC tunnel

<I sold to Hinko>

NegaStoat
01-02-2019, 04:12 PM
I went to join ALS close to 2 years ago and dropped the guild instantly when I was informed that Crude Steins didn't count against the rule of gear earned by yourself, and within your level range. I was informed it was a convenience item for vendor CHA use, so it wasn't a big deal. More than likely things have changed with them since then, but back then some shortcuts were being taken.

Hrothgar
01-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Man y’all are some major dinguses for hating on people with Lou Gherig’s Disease

bigjeff100
01-02-2019, 04:26 PM
My only issue with ALS is that I feel they took down the Hydra Alliance, and rebuilt it around themselves. I feel bad for how Tpar was done. He had his own demons, believe that... But he was done real dirty by his own alliance, and Tpar always put his people and the little guys first.

I do very much approve of what ALS stands for and does. But once they entered Hydra, i saw many people take a back seat to ALS's mains.

Rainik Stormseeker
01-02-2019, 06:18 PM
I went to join ALS close to 2 years ago and dropped the guild instantly when I was informed that Crude Steins didn't count against the rule of gear earned by yourself, and within your level range. I was informed it was a convenience item for vendor CHA use, so it wasn't a big deal. More than likely things have changed with them since then, but back then some shortcuts were being taken.

:rolleyes:

Rainik Stormseeker
01-02-2019, 06:21 PM
My only issue with ALS is that I feel they took down the Hydra Alliance, and rebuilt it around themselves. I feel bad for how Tpar was done. He had his own demons, believe that... But he was done real dirty by his own alliance, and Tpar always put his people and the little guys first.

oh do tell!

I do very much approve of what ALS stands for and does. But once they entered Hydra, i saw many people take a back seat to ALS's mains.

huh?

Dreenk317
01-02-2019, 07:00 PM
huh?

I think jesus saying he saw more than a fair share of pixels going to ALS mains, over other members of hydra.

Dreenk317
01-02-2019, 07:01 PM
I think jesus saying he saw more than a fair share of pixels going to ALS mains, over other members of hydra.

Ahaha jesus equals he's just, auto correct ftw

kyrobo
01-02-2019, 10:37 PM
I feel bad for how Tpar was done. He had his own demons, believe that...

I always liked Tpar. What happened to him?

He seemed like a p serious dude on vent. I never heard him verbally abusing anyone or anything like that tho. Mostly just getting flustered. It was fun to troll him :B

solleks
01-02-2019, 11:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hmcnPKm.png

goldlush
01-03-2019, 09:27 AM
hi rnf

lol

Champion_Standing
01-03-2019, 03:15 PM

Absolutely sickened by this revelation. Shame on them.

ScaringChildren
01-03-2019, 03:31 PM

why would you share this in our #MeToo era?

men need to be named & shamed when they're being mystognistic

Moerne
01-03-2019, 03:39 PM
I always liked Tpar. What happened to him?

He seemed like a p serious dude on vent. I never heard him verbally abusing anyone or anything like that tho. Mostly just getting flustered. It was fun to troll him :B

My understanding is that ALS petitioned him for impersonating a GM, got him banned. Tpar was always like that crazy drunk uncle you only see at Christmas. Irritating, but also worth a good chuckle. (Why are we killing these drakes??) And he did put a lot of energy into supporting his guild and that alliance.

ReadOnly
01-03-2019, 03:53 PM
My understanding is that ALS petitioned him for impersonating a GM, got him banned.
No one, including ALS, knew he was impersonating a GM until he got banned for impersonating a GM.

solleks
01-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Sounds like you got bad info, this was not a rule.

bigjeff100
01-03-2019, 04:24 PM
No one, including ALS, knew he was impersonating a GM until he got banned for impersonating a GM.

Tpar was my first buddy in EQ. Met him while killing seafurries, and I immediately joined him in BHP. Eventually became an officer for a couple years under him too! I watched BHP grow, I also watched them disappear. Like i said- Tpar had his own demons. Alcohol for sure. But when he wasn't intoxicated and falling off of PoS every saturday. He was actually a really good guy. Rarely rolled on loot, always did his best to keep documents up to date, and led the topics of discussion in the alliance. He was a key player in the alliance whether people liked him or not, or agreed with him or not. More often not. But regardless, he always put the alliance and guilds first. I miss those days :(

That being said- All i know and can go off of is his word. He never did me wrong before, and never was the type to lie. So he gets the benefit of the doubt in having my support that he got the raw end of the deal.

bigjeff100
01-03-2019, 04:36 PM
My understanding is that ALS petitioned him for impersonating a GM, got him banned. Tpar was always like that crazy drunk uncle you only see at Christmas. Irritating, but also worth a good chuckle. (Why are we killing these drakes??) And he did put a lot of energy into supporting his guild and that alliance.

Haha i don't think he was ever a fan of going to the top in sky...

solleks
01-03-2019, 04:48 PM
The alliance went above and beyond to appease Tpar and ultimately he was banned for breaking server rules. It had almost nothing to do with ALS as a guild. RIP
You don't need to defend him bigjeff100 no one is saying they didn't like him. He was a very nice guy most the time

MamaKan
01-03-2019, 05:09 PM
So I get invited in this disco group on my rogue like a year ago. Of course the usually 300k + Vyemm fang type of typical p99 2018 toon. I sneak myself down there and bim 1 AG warrior (very cool lizard) and 3ALS. Shaman + Ench + cle. That's a very solid 5 man disco group.

Let me tell you, the 800hp ench, the 0 mana sham and cleric didn't hold their own. Everyone oom all the time, too scared to pull. The ench wouldn't even move an inch with a pet charmed because he said it would 1 shot him when it breaks so he has to be ready to stun. The shaman wouldn't leave the room because he gets 1 shotted by wizards. The cleric went oom everytime we pulled more than 3 mobs at once.

They were nice guys though, but that AG warrior and I did all the heavy lifting that day. We just PLed the ALS that I'm sure had a lot of fun being totally useless. Now these 3 ALS are 60 with HoT gear and such and they're claiming they got there on their own.

ITS A LIE.

Rainik Stormseeker
01-04-2019, 05:04 AM
mkay

Swish2
01-04-2019, 08:05 AM
...that AG warrior and I did all the heavy lifting that day. We just PLed the ALS that I'm sure had a lot of fun being totally useless. Now these 3 ALS are 60 with HoT gear and such and they're claiming they got there on their own.

ITS A LIE.

How dare they not turn up in BiS Velious gear to do Sebilis disco.

MamaKan
01-04-2019, 02:19 PM
How dare they not turn up in BiS Velious gear to do Sebilis disco.

BIS Velious is one thing. Full leather at level 56 is another.

bigjeff100
01-04-2019, 02:42 PM
The alliance went above and beyond to appease Tpar and ultimately he was banned for breaking server rules. It had almost nothing to do with ALS as a guild. RIP
You don't need to defend him bigjeff100 no one is saying they didn't like him. He was a very nice guy most the time

I don't know that I can agree. I think ALS should have gone their own way. Instead the disagreement led to the banning of a pretty decent leader who loved the game, and the guild he built, and i loved.

To me, the higher road to take would have been to realize the issues in the alliance wouldn't be solved any time soon with Tpar having a voice in the alliance. BHP was at the center of that alliance from day 1. You overthrew the leader, disbanded his guild, and rebuilt it around yourselves. Just seems ridiculous it got to that point..

http://hydraalliance.org/

Jimjam
01-04-2019, 02:49 PM
So I get invited in this disco group on my rogue like a year ago. Of course the usually 300k + Vyemm fang type of typical p99 2018 toon. I sneak myself down there and bim 1 AG warrior (very cool lizard) and 3ALS. Shaman + Ench + cle. That's a very solid 5 man disco group.

Let me tell you, the 800hp ench, the 0 mana sham and cleric didn't hold their own. Everyone oom all the time, too scared to pull. The ench wouldn't even move an inch with a pet charmed because he said it would 1 shot him when it breaks so he has to be ready to stun. The shaman wouldn't leave the room because he gets 1 shotted by wizards. The cleric went oom everytime we pulled more than 3 mobs at once.

They were nice guys though, but that AG warrior and I did all the heavy lifting that day. We just PLed the ALS that I'm sure had a lot of fun being totally useless. Now these 3 ALS are 60 with HoT gear and such and they're claiming they got there on their own.

ITS A LIE.in fairness I don't think the group's issues sounded gear related. With cleric and shaman in group any class can tank naked.

Champion_Standing
01-04-2019, 03:44 PM

ITS A LIE.

Sounds like you just let the group down with that bad attitude, try exercising and a balanced diet, it might help improve your disposition.

solleks
01-04-2019, 03:49 PM
I don't know that I can agree. I think ALS should have gone their own way. Instead the disagreement led to the banning of a pretty decent leader who loved the game, and the guild he built, and i loved.

To me, the higher road to take would have been to realize the issues in the alliance wouldn't be solved any time soon with Tpar having a voice in the alliance. BHP was at the center of that alliance from day 1. You overthrew the leader, disbanded his guild, and rebuilt it around yourselves. Just seems ridiculous it got to that point..

You are totally incorrect on a few points.
1.The disagreement didn't lead to his ban.
2.ALS didn't disband BHP(wtf?)
3.You aren't a victim of a crime against humanity

bigjeff100
01-04-2019, 04:19 PM
You are totally incorrect on a few points.
1.The disagreement didn't lead to his ban.
2.ALS didn't disband BHP(wtf?)
3.You aren't a victim of a crime against humanity

Haha relax man, never meant to say you directly disbanded BHP or that the disagreement lead to ban. However, yes there was influence towards his ban. Secondly, obviously his banning lead to the disbanding of BHP since there was no leader. That should be pretty obvious.

In the end, ALS and maybe even the other guilds clearly had disagreements with Tpar. This isn't new for any time in the alliance. Whether is was issues with figuring out Paradox loot, or figuring out ALS loot during raids. This is the struggle of bein in an alliance. The point im making is, yes there were members of alliance the who had influence on the ban. But regardless of any of that, it's known there was disagreements. It shoulda never gotten that far. It wasn't a healthy relationship. When kittens left, they simply did just that.. They parted ways. ALS shoulda done the same.

As for your 3rd point. Ok..... Thanks for the heads up.

Seiter02
01-04-2019, 04:28 PM

I don't know you bigjeff100 so I don't want to go too hard on you but you have obtained some real serious misinformation. Either you are only listening to Tpar or you are intentionally spreading some false details. If you ever want the full story, both sides included, you are welcome to message me. Some key points:

1. ALS did not get Tpar banned. If there is any single person responsible for that, it's Tpar himself, who pretended to be a Guide for years and predicated behavior on that lie. If you want to blame anyone for his ban, it would be me, hands down.

2. ALS didn't "reforge the alliance in their image". ALS left Hydra. And so did everyone else. We then reformed Aegis, added some new blood, and within weeks were doing things we had never done before. Aegis is stronger than Hydra ever was, our members are happier than they ever were and we are enjoying the game more than we ever did before.

3. BHP wasn't destroyed/disbanded. Almost all of us reformed as Death and Taxes. Feydain is a fantastic, fair and clear-minded leader. Again, the vast majority of us are all much better today than we were a year ago.

If your objective is just to mis-characterize the nature of the fall of Tpar, then I can't help you. But if you'd like a fair and complete description of the events and behaviors that led to his ban and the dissolution of Hydra, I welcome you at any time to reach out to me.

bigjeff100
01-04-2019, 04:30 PM
I don't know you bigjeff100 so I don't want to go too hard on you but you have obtained some real serious misinformation. Either you are only listening to Tpar or you are intentionally spreading some false details. If you ever want the full story, both sides included, you are welcome to message me. Some key points:

1. ALS did not get Tpar banned. If there is any single person responsible for that, it's Tpar himself, who pretended to be a Guide for years and predicated behavior on that lie. If you want to blame anyone for his ban, it would be me, hands down.

2. ALS didn't "reforge the alliance in their image". ALS left Hydra. And so did everyone else. We then reformed Aegis, added some new blood, and within weeks were doing things we had never done before. Aegis is stronger than Hydra ever was, our members are happier than they ever were and we are enjoying the game more than we ever did before.

3. BHP wasn't destroyed/disbanded. Almost all of us reformed as Death and Taxes. Feydain is a fantastic, fair and clear-minded leader. Again, the vast majority of us are all much better today than we were a year ago.

If your objective is just to mis-characterize the nature of the fall of Tpar, then I can't help you. But if you'd like a fair and complete description of the events and behaviors that led to his ban and the dissolution of Hydra, I welcome you at any time to reach out to me.

No message needed. You provided all the details needed good sir.

Tupakk
01-04-2019, 06:26 PM

This is the definition of reforge.

I watched ALS implode Hydra from the inside. They blew it up like the A-Bomb hitting Hiro.

Regardless that Tpar claimed to be a guide. It was leaked and common sense leads to ALS because of the path they took and always take.

Ashenden
01-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Tpar got outed as a guide because someone asked Sirken in private if there would be any issues with retaliation after having something of a falling out with a guide. He was not amused.

But I think what actually killed Hydra Alliance, and I'm sure anyone there that night would agree, is the word m'lady.

Swish2
01-04-2019, 08:58 PM

Should there be rules on gearing for Sebilis? WoW-style character item level? Below a threshold "you can't come in" ?

I first went into Seb years back on my rogue and didn't have my epic yet (thanks MQ sellers). Nobody said a word - think they were mad? What's changed?

I'd like to see a guild or collection of people band together to say "Sorry we don't group with ALS" - see how that goes :rolleyes:

Dreenk317
01-05-2019, 07:27 AM
Should there be rules on gearing for Sebilis? WoW-style character item level? Below a threshold "you can't come in" ?

I first went into Seb years back on my rogue and didn't have my epic yet (thanks MQ sellers). Nobody said a word - think they were mad? What's changed?

I'd like to see a guild or collection of people band together to say "Sorry we don't group with ALS" - see how that goes :rolleyes:

I had a cleric request we invite an ALS warrior in CoM one time. Which I had no problem with, but I was thanking, on my bard. The cleric then requested I let the warrior tank, so I did, within 10 minutes the cleric requested I tank again. But, the ALS war was super cool about it, went zerker, and was great dps.
I'll never not group with an ALS, but, if the gear they have effects their ability to perform their job. I'm gonna do my darndest to make the group work as efficiently as possible, even if that means a war doesnt tank.

ReadOnly
01-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Dreenk317, sounds like you adapted to the situation's circumstances and everything turned out fine yet here you are complaining for some reason. Bizarre.

Zal22
01-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Bigjeff is clearly the biggest white knight on the forums. Love u bro will...

C U Next Tuesday.

Rainik Stormseeker
01-05-2019, 03:59 PM

Theres not a single ALS member PUGing in Sebilis "in full leather". :rolleyes: but you know that and ate just trolling. Maybe you're one of the many who rolled a toon and couldn't hang in ALS /shrug.

Rainik Stormseeker
01-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Ps funny how it took 2+ years for a moronic thread like this to pop up..yeah I'm guessing OP might have actually gotten the boot recently.

Shinko
01-05-2019, 09:05 PM
<Safe Space> willing to group with all the ALS if any Als need a safe group hit up anyone of my guildies

MamaKan
01-05-2019, 10:21 PM
I've never been in ALS and I don't want to be simply because you are all LYING to yourselves. You are claiming that you offer a real "classic" experience but you are getting PLed and twinked by the community everyday. All of you.

If you were true to yourselves you'd forbid grping with twinked / BIS characters.

Also I like how DaP are supposed to "understand" that ALS members can't pay for their ports.

MamaKan
01-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Ps funny how it took 2+ years for a moronic thread like this to pop up..yeah I'm guessing OP might have actually gotten the boot recently.

I can't give a fungi to an ALS but I can invite him to join me and my shaman friend while we farm it and then just let him loot ? How is this difference from twinking and PLing ? Is it a legit point to be made or is it plain moronic like you said ?

Rainik Stormseeker
01-05-2019, 10:44 PM
I can't give a fungi to an ALS but I can invite him to join me and my shaman friend while we farm it and then just let him loot ? How is this difference from twinking and PLing ? Is it a legit point to be made or is it plain moronic like you said ?

Obviously you have no clue what the ALS charter does or does not allow, or what the vision of the guild was/is in the first place. We're not <Auld Lang Isolationists>.

Your strawmen are losing their stuffing.

CodyF86
01-05-2019, 11:10 PM
Actually, from raiding with them and being in the discord all the time. They adhere to the ALS rules so strictly it actually blew my mind. I've heard them say 'Can't because of ALS...' about 100 times literally while we've been raiding.

But this is rnf so the truth usually isn't as fun, lol. :)

Rainik Stormseeker
01-05-2019, 11:28 PM

What was ridiculous were the repeated drunken stupors had go into, and off on others. It happened one too many times, and the rest of the alliance (ALS being >70% of any given Hydra raid at that point), decided to LEAVE Hydra and the BHP, and reform under Aegis.

That he was lying about being a GM came as a total surprise, and only after the decisiin was made to leave/reform.

Rainik Stormseeker
01-05-2019, 11:28 PM
*he'd

ReadOnly
01-06-2019, 12:24 AM
Also I like how DaP are supposed to "understand" that ALS members can't pay for their ports.

ALS always pays for ports. They just can't Dial a port outside the zone. There are no restrictions on paying DAP though.
ALS druids, on the other hand, are forbidden from accepting tips from porting non-ALS.

I get it though, it's way more fun to believe the wrong things you do. It helps when ALS characters are out DPSing or out FTEing you.

Wonkie
01-06-2019, 12:42 AM
I've never been in ALS and I don't want to be simply because you are all LYING to yourselves. You are claiming that you offer a real "classic" experience but you are getting PLed and twinked by the community everyday. All of you.

If you were true to yourselves you'd forbid grping with twinked / BIS characters.

this is a crazy person

Tethler
01-07-2019, 01:49 AM
I've never been an ALS member, but it seems the vast majority seem to follow the rules based on my experiences grouping with them. I have seen a handful a cheats though. Saw a low 40s obviously twinked SK soling in DL a few days back, but I think they are the exception rather than the rule.

Hibbs
01-07-2019, 02:35 AM
I have seen a handful a cheats though. Saw a low 40s obviously twinked SK soling in DL a few days back, but I think they are the exception rather than the rule.

Put up or fake news.

Swish2
01-07-2019, 03:34 AM
Put up or fake news.

Tethler
01-07-2019, 04:05 AM
Put up or fake news.

Meh, didn't care enough to screenshot or note the name. It's fine if you don't believe me. /shrug

Swish2
01-07-2019, 04:37 AM
You shouldn't lie on the internet Tethler

Tethler
01-07-2019, 05:02 AM
You shouldn't lie on the internet Tethler

People do that?!

YendorLootmonkey
01-07-2019, 08:28 AM
People do that?!

"Everything you see and read on the Internet is true, motherfuckers." -- Abraham Lincoln, September 32, 1598.

Jimjam
01-07-2019, 10:01 AM
The truth is ALS has reached velious farm status so no longer delivers anything different to the rest of the server.

It needs to be dissolved and new incestuous classic guild formed

Auld Lang Syne is dead, all hail the New Long Way!

Rainik Stormseeker
01-08-2019, 01:26 AM
I've never been an ALS member, but it seems the vast majority seem to follow the rules based on my experiences grouping with them. I have seen a handful a cheats though. Saw a low 40s obviously twinked SK soling in DL a few days back, but I think they are the exception rather than the rule.

Yep, "being" <Auld Lang Syne> is obviously on the honor system.. guild leadership does it's best to keep an eye out and respond swiftly to violators that have been caught. I'm not surprised if you ran into one or another.. it happens, and we boot them if we know about it. Please feel free to DM a screenshot directly to me next time you witness this kind of behavior. Why anyone would join ALS and then twink/cheat, is beyond me... or, a credit to our name.

Rainik Stormseeker
01-08-2019, 01:27 AM
The truth is ALS has reached velious farm status so no longer delivers anything different to the rest of the server.

rofl

ScruffMacBuff
01-08-2019, 02:30 AM

Dude we just had a Runnyeye raid this past Friday.

Swish2
01-08-2019, 03:18 AM
Why anyone would join ALS and then twink/cheat, is beyond me...

This honestly.

Dreenk317
01-08-2019, 03:28 AM
Dreenk317, sounds like you adapted to the situation's circumstances and everything turned out fine yet here you are complaining for some reason. Bizarre.

Wasnt complaining. Simply pointing how, yes, you can adapt, and everything will be fine. At least when the ALS member is cool and gets it. But ok, you can think I was complaining.

Sonderbeast
01-09-2019, 12:32 AM
ALS flame thread? Why wasn't I invited?

Sonderbeast
01-09-2019, 12:33 AM
New Long Way!

i'm ded

Bardp1999
01-09-2019, 01:31 AM
My mid 40s enchanter is in ALS and I may or may not have violated the porting rules once or twice...maybe also ran my 60 necro to rez the group cleric once or twice... I actually click off un-level appropriate buffs when I notice, and I certainly have never violated the gearing rules. ALS is what you make out of it, there is no point in joining if you are just going to fuck the rules over.

But I am also on an enchanter that could easily level to 60 naked if he had too.

Also +1 to the ALS life cycle being complete, they are raiding and completing Epics like everyday now, the thrill is gone baby. My Aftermath characters are wearing all their own looted gear also, it just happens to be ToV.

Tupakk
01-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Sev not up.

Dayy-0
01-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Regardless of how you try to spin it Rainik :

What was ridiculous were the repeated drunken stupors had go into, and off on others. It happened one too many times, and the rest of the alliance (ALS being >70% of any given Hydra raid at that point), decided to LEAVE Hydra and the BHP, and reform under Aegis.

You pretend that you did not overthrew him, that you just " left " the alliance, but within
1 hour of the so called departure of " ALS " from hydra, Sirken had a new sky rotation list stating Aegis as holder of saturday night sky slot. weird...

Hibbs
01-10-2019, 02:17 AM
Sev not up.

lol

Rainik Stormseeker
01-10-2019, 05:44 AM
My mid 40s enchanter is in ALS and I may or may not have violated the porting rules once or twice...maybe also ran my 60 necro to rez the group cleric once or twice... I actually click off un-level appropriate buffs when I notice, and I certainly have never violated the gearing rules. ALS is what you make out of it, there is no point in joining if you are just going to fuck the rules over.

But I am also on an enchanter that could easily level to 60 naked if he had too.

Also +1 to the ALS life cycle being complete, they are raiding and completing Epics like everyday now, the thrill is gone baby. My Aftermath characters are wearing all their own looted gear also, it just happens to be ToV.

Nah, we've got fresh blood coming in all the time, incl p99 newbies, and plenty of alts to make for a bustling economy and plenty of fun at all levels.

LazyHydras
01-11-2019, 12:04 PM
it's true, need 1 <Dawn Believers> in the group for every twink so it all equals out.

Ouch. As a DB, that burns and stings. I need some ointment.

fuckshit22
01-17-2019, 08:06 AM
how many dicks would i have to suck to level an ALS ranger to 60?
then how many dicks would i have to suck to afford a BFG?
p99 looks so appealing.

bigjeff100
01-17-2019, 11:19 AM
p99 looks so appealing.

Sounds like R99 just got a new member today...

Rainik Stormseeker
01-17-2019, 02:27 PM

zero

p99 looks so appealing.

Sadly, an ALS ranger will never be able to buy a BFG since it would have to come into the guild from outside ALS (prohibited) and the seaworthy planking no longer spawns, so can't make new ones w/o an MQ (also prohibited).

YendorLootmonkey
01-17-2019, 02:59 PM
zero

Eh, you just killed it for him.

Cen
01-17-2019, 03:26 PM
I thought they could only group with other members of their guild for purity. When I found this wasnt the case i realized my very own bard followed their protocol.. Till last week at 54 when I bought a mask of obten for fashion :p now I'm a tainted fat cat

shuklak
01-17-2019, 04:47 PM
I thought they could only group with other members of their guild for purity. When I found this wasnt the case i realized my very own bard followed their protocol.. Till last week at 54 when I bought a mask of obten for fashion :p now I'm a tainted fat cat

Yeah, you can easily box your twink monk with your als shm and be completely within their rules.

fuckshit22
01-17-2019, 06:42 PM
at least 2

Sadly, an ALS ranger will never be able to buy a BFG since it would have to come into the guild from outside ALS (prohibited) and the seaworthy planking no longer spawns, so can't make new ones w/o an MQ (also prohibited).

your suggesting i couldnt just lie about having one, after buying it? or that i would stay in the guild?
no

Zippit
01-20-2019, 06:22 PM
There was this guy named David from Waco, Texas a long while back, this was long before ALS though of course.......

Bardp1999
01-21-2019, 02:01 AM
There was this guy named David from Waco, Texas a long while back, this was long before ALS though of course.......

https://i.imgur.com/mnIHvPy.jpg

Shinko
01-21-2019, 03:47 AM
Hinko deff did not group with AM/CORE/TEMP/AG twinks leveling up nope not me!