PDA

View Full Version : The No Necros in Sebilis game.

LazyHydras
12-26-2018, 06:47 PM
inb4 "Just go to Howling Stones, bro."

What is the logic behind necros being so notoriously unwelcome in Sebilis groups? We bring a lot of utility, my doods. You don't NEED to have the perfect group of tank, cleric, torpor shaman, monk, rogue, enchanter in order to do King or any of the other camps save for, possibly, CE.

Sincerely,
Neph.

ScaringChildren
12-26-2018, 06:49 PM
The only class you need for CE is Rogue.

I've never heard anyone reject Necros

Daloon
12-26-2018, 06:49 PM
Why drive 75MPH when you can drive 55MPH in the slow lane?

Bardp1999
12-26-2018, 07:05 PM
Getting groups as a necromancer can be oddly frustrating, I agree whole heatedly.

1) People dont understand how powerful necromancers are

2) There are a lot of bad necromancers who only solo and are shit in groups

3) Not part of the min/max continuum that exists on P99

4) Specifically for King, people only invite their friends

5) LulzSect is a bald drug addict

Bardp1999
12-26-2018, 07:07 PM
And to be fair its not just Necromancers...Its also No Bards, No Druids, No Wizards, No Mages, No Rangers

kjs86z
12-26-2018, 07:15 PM
I think 2019 will be the year for necros in Seb.

ScaringChildren
12-26-2018, 07:19 PM
And to be fair its not just Necromancers...Its also No Bards, No Druids, No Wizards, No Mages, No Rangers

Definitely No Wizards.

The rest aren't that bad.

Mages are also the most welcome out of that bunch.

Swish2
12-26-2018, 09:54 PM
Sorry to everyone who failed to realize a necro with a charmed pet from crypt (can get one by standing at the entry door) is going to outdps most dps classes.

Maliant
12-26-2018, 10:42 PM
Necrom good for king, snare + defoliation.

Foxplay
12-26-2018, 11:47 PM
While getting a group on necromancer might be hard its also unnecessary....

Similar to druids that sit lfg...

Both can easily solo to 60

Yeah I know social game and all... But I never find myself lfg on classes that can solo so easily for long cause I'll just take off lfg and go solo

Lurgort/Sseri
12-27-2018, 12:52 AM
Yeah, pretty sure king is rarely PUG. It's all various circles of friends farming tunics, isn't it?

I always thought it'd be pretty sweet to charm a skeleton from crypt and bring it to King, if it's possible. Haven't even been a part of a king camp yet, but it's an idea.

Mead
12-27-2018, 01:33 AM
maybe you are bad?

I never had a problem getting a group in seb

reznor_
12-27-2018, 01:40 AM
Sorry to everyone who failed to realize a necro with a charmed pet from crypt (can get one by standing at the entry door) is going to outdps most dps classes.

just get you a good cleric who knows what stun is.

Shinko
12-27-2018, 02:35 AM
have you tried being the group leader?

Twochain
12-27-2018, 11:53 AM
I understand the frustration, I myself don't hate on Necros in my seb groups!

However, Enchanters are wayyyy better. I'm never going to pick a necro over an enchanter.

Troxx
12-27-2018, 12:06 PM
Mages are also the most welcome out of that bunch.

Which is stupid. Mage pets from 57 earth and up do more flat out damage than most melees. Once you factor in DS damage and direct nukes, very few classes (and even then it requires a good gear set) can compete with mages for either sustained or burst dps.

bigjeff100
12-27-2018, 12:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6H3KdCh.jpg

You know these folks hired Wutang Financial for all their financial needs.
https://i.imgur.com/x3p83vT.jpg

Supreme
12-27-2018, 12:26 PM
There are better places to XP than sebilis.

loramin
12-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Yeah, pretty sure king is rarely PUG. It's all various circles of friends farming tunics, isn't it?
Haven't even been a part of a king camp yet

When you're "pretty sure" about something you've never even experienced once, it's very easy to be "pretty wrong".

Lurgort/Sseri
12-27-2018, 12:41 PM
When you're "pretty sure" about something you've never even experienced once, it's very easy to be "pretty wrong".

Yes, I don't enjoy forumquesting and posted without really thinking about it.
Ya got me.

Lammy
12-27-2018, 01:15 PM
it must be your attitude problem, not your class.

azeth
12-27-2018, 01:20 PM
4) Specifically for King, people only invite their friends

True for me.

I never did big value cash camps unless it was a group of people I knew who would EC the profits and split amongst the group.

loramin
12-27-2018, 02:32 PM
Yes, I don't enjoy forumquesting and posted without really thinking about it.
Ya got me.

No worries. I'll just say that I've gotten three Fungis personally, and except for maybe one guild group (that had pick-up people in it) every group was 100% pickup.

LazyHydras
12-27-2018, 02:43 PM
it must be your attitude problem, not your class.

Gave me a good lul there. But, no. I've sat LFG in Seb for anywhere from 1 to 3 hours without getting any bites. I then realized it is more desirable, and probably better money for me, to find an enchanter buddy and go duo HS South.

icedwards
12-27-2018, 05:06 PM
Any competent necro will just go to HS to exp or farm cash camps, leaving only the dregs who want to /pet attack and afk.

kaev
12-27-2018, 06:51 PM
Any competent necro will just go to HS to exp or farm cash camps, leaving only the dregs who want to /pet attack and afk.

Damn straight! No social human being would or could ever play a necro competently, this much we know beyond any shadow of a doubt! OP has got to be a troll. :rolleyes:

icedwards
12-27-2018, 07:09 PM
Damn straight! No social human being would or could ever play a necro competently, this much we know beyond any shadow of a doubt! OP has got to be a troll. :rolleyes:

Is more about perception than reality, but here you go:

https://i.imgur.com/vwHFDEj.gif

Lojik
12-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Knowing some of the crowd here, some people on this server will turn away necros because it's only 1 letter difference from something else

Lurgort/Sseri
12-27-2018, 10:31 PM
No worries. I'll just say that I've gotten three Fungis personally, and except for maybe one guild group (that had pick-up people in it) every group was 100% pickup.

Huh, well I stand corrected.

aaezil
12-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Charmed undead pet will out dps everyone else.

I pity the fool who doesnt take the necro

LazyHydras
12-28-2018, 01:07 AM
Knowing some of the crowd here, some people on this server will turn away necros because it's only 1 letter difference from something else

Made me spit out my cereal. lol.

Teppler
12-28-2018, 08:48 AM

Then you put a Tola robe on your pet and give him some weapons and he's out dpsing everyone else by another 36%.

Lurgort/Sseri
12-28-2018, 09:53 AM
Then you put a Tola robe on your pet and give him some weapons and he's out dpsing everyone else by another 36%.

Charmbreaks must be fine with 96% haste!

d3r14k
12-28-2018, 09:58 AM

"Live by the uber deeps and die by the uber deeps."
- A Dead Necromancer

Irulan
12-28-2018, 10:33 AM
Most necros are bad at this game cuz silo'd 60 lvls while afk

ScaringChildren
12-28-2018, 10:51 AM
I love to group on my Necro.

I'm constantly doing something.

Twitch the healer.

HoT the tank.

Send the pet in.

Snare dot the runners.

Ghetto mez adds.

Beg the Shaman for regen every 2 seconds.

stebbins99
12-28-2018, 11:23 AM
I second SC on this one -- Necros are extremely fun to play in a group, especially when the necro isn't lazy. With lich (for mana purposes), you can maintain a very active playstyle. I urge our fellow necros out there to step up their game and eliminate the bad rap when it comes to groups.

Depending on the situation, Necros can additionally function as pullers / split-pullers (keep Harmshield up though)

indiscriminate_hater
12-28-2018, 11:42 AM

So they’re like an enchanter but with less utility. Got it.

Irulan
12-28-2018, 11:46 AM
They re gr8 i love them.

Most ppl need gulag

It’s definitely not the classes fault

Teppler
12-28-2018, 11:52 AM

Utility, you mean like heals, great spell dps and snare among many other things?

derpcake2
12-28-2018, 12:34 PM

person charming /duels someone else, 2nd player keeps snare up on the pet

if the person charming dies to charm break on a snared pet, consult your list of reps

aaezil
12-28-2018, 12:46 PM

You misspelled more

ScaringChildren
12-28-2018, 12:46 PM

No utility??

Snares, 3 minute Roots, Mez (Yes, Mez), Mana Twitch, Mana-free Heals, Charm DPS, DoT and DD DPS...Skeleton illusion....scary eyes...

https://imgur.com/SG8EBJb.gif

Pringles
12-28-2018, 12:49 PM
So they’re like an enchanter but with a pause button. Got it.

ftfy

kaev
12-28-2018, 03:33 PM
Is more about perception than reality, but here you go:

https://i.imgur.com/vwHFDEj.gif

interesting, do you always disrespect yourself so publicly?

MamaKan
12-29-2018, 02:43 AM
The real problem is that people don't know how to play so they for rogues and clerics. Safe classes for which no skill is required to do good. I play a necro, I know the power of necros and I will carry your grp anywhere we go, but god, I'm never inviting a necro I don't personnally know in a group. They will sit there, throw lifetaps and do /pet attack. F that.

Lurgort/Sseri
12-29-2018, 03:06 AM
person charming /duels someone else, 2nd player keeps snare up on the pet

if the person charming dies to charm break on a snared pet, consult your list of reps

Hahaha. Pretty nice workaround, thanks for the idea.

Tupakk
12-29-2018, 03:37 AM
You can Trio , yes trio VS with a necro in group. So necros are bamf. Either you aren’t applying yourself or you are bad and people know it.

Btw sitting LFG for hours is silly. You want in a group brute force your way in like the necro you are.

Loke
12-29-2018, 09:46 AM
Most people definitely underestimate a necros utility to a group, but anyone arguing they bring more to a group than a chanter is either dumb, on drugs, or both.

OP, you're either going to have to make your own groups, or make friends who will invite you to theirs. I probably wouldn't invite you to a group if I were leveling an alt in Seb because for all I know you're annoying, bad at EQ, lazy, etc. If I'm in Seb I'm there for exp, and chances are some random necro isn't going to improve my situation. However, if you make groups, make friends, and get a reputation for not sucking, you'll drastically increase your ability to get into groups. I mean, even if you do suck but are entertaining, or are annoying but can play the shit out of a necro, you're going to get more groups than just being some random person LFG at zone in. Give people a reason to want to include you in what they're doing.

Irulan
12-29-2018, 09:56 AM
make ur skel3tonz u skellozsexualz

Loke
12-29-2018, 10:02 AM
make ur skel3tonz u skellozsexualz

I don't want to say you're the worst RnF poster, because that would actually be kind of an accomplishment, but you're really really awful and this forum would be a better place if you posted less, or ideally not at all.

ScaringChildren
12-29-2018, 10:14 AM
Necros are way better than Chanters.

Chanters don't even do anything. Like okay, mez? Got it.

Loke
12-29-2018, 10:30 AM
Necros are way better than Chanters.

Chanters don't even do anything. Like okay, mez? Got it.

CC, pet, haste, clarity, slow...

Listen, I'm not hating on necros, they hugely underappreciated by most people, but a chanter probably enhances a group more than any other class.

Irulan
12-29-2018, 10:42 AM
I don't want to say you're the worst RnF poster, because that would actually be kind of an accomplishment, but you're really really awful and this forum would be a better place if you posted less, or ideally not at all.
https://i.imgur.com/mrfbCHB.jpg

ScaringChildren
12-29-2018, 10:46 AM

Listen, I'm not hating on necros, they hugely underappreciated by most people, but a chanter probably enhances a group more than any other class.

I'd rather have a Necro.

Fearing adds is more fun and effective than mezzing adds. Especially when you are deep in a dungeon.

Necros also don't need Charisma constantly. How annoyed is your Shaman when the Chanter complains about not having Symbol of the Snake or whatever it is called.

Chanter? More CANTer.

ScaringChildren
12-29-2018, 10:47 AM
https://i.imgur.com/mrfbCHB.jpg

Hnnng

Loke
12-29-2018, 11:03 AM
I'd rather have a Necro.

Fearing adds is more fun and effective than mezzing adds. Especially when you are deep in a dungeon.

Necros also don't need Charisma constantly. How annoyed is your Shaman when the Chanter complains about not having Symbol of the Snake or whatever it is called.

Chanter? More CANTer.

This is some low effort trolling. At least I hope it is.

ScaringChildren
12-29-2018, 11:05 AM
This is some low effort trolling. At least I hope it is.

How dare you claim my legitimate opinion is "trolling".

Typical coming from someone who thinks Chanters are better than Necros...

Jimjam
12-29-2018, 12:34 PM
The real problem is that people don't know how to play so they for rogues and clerics. Safe classes for which no skill is required to do good. I play a necro, I know the power of necros and I will carry your grp anywhere we go, but god, I'm never inviting a necro I don't personnally know in a group. They will sit there, throw lifetaps and do /pet attack. F that.

In fairness many clerics are terribly played and have never explored what the class can do outside of heals. Their incredible line up of CC spells are largely overlooked and in this respect you can't argue that a necromancer's potential is held in poor regard compared to that of a cleric.

Frudrura
12-29-2018, 05:49 PM
I think most people are just bad and as it is, 99% of seb groups wipe uncontrollably when if they just had like a little bit of sense and foresight, every single wipe could be avoided.

You just have to make friends and find people to regularly group with but that can be tough since again most people are bad and I am guessing they just feel they don't have the time to "learn" anything new or a different way of doing things. For example, using root to CC lol.

Swish2
12-29-2018, 09:48 PM
I think most people are just bad and as it is, 99% of seb groups wipe uncontrollably when if they just had like a little bit of sense and foresight, every single wipe could be avoided.

You just have to make friends and find people to regularly group with but that can be tough since again most people are bad and I am guessing they just feel they don't have the time to "learn" anything new or a different way of doing things. For example, using root to CC lol.

Just reminds me of KC when someone will decide to pull the fully spawned hands room or all bodyguards to LCY when the group is half health and the enchanter hasn't confirmed he's at the keyboard.

MamaKan
12-29-2018, 11:47 PM
Just reminds me of KC when someone will decide to pull the fully spawned hands room or all bodyguards to LCY when the group is half health and the enchanter hasn't confirmed he's at the keyboard.

Just let the guy kite around ramparts and tag the mobs 1 by 1. Theres no reason to die in a zone where you can sow and levitate and where only like 5 mobs in the entire zone summon. Now if the puller brings that in and stands there waiting for CC that's another story :p

Bruno
12-30-2018, 02:39 AM

I’ve only grouped with a hand full (and I mean that quite literally) of necros that played the class to their full potential. Chanters are much easier and more beneficial by doing the bare minimum. A truly good necro is very rare and therefore not surprising they aren’t getting groups.

Play better.

wagorf
12-30-2018, 07:15 AM
Sure necros are geat, and can do a bit of all in a group situation if the player plays the shit out of it to its fullest Even then it's only as good as a chanter who does the bare minimum - charm, cc, and buff.

Why should I bet that the next necro LFG will play its fullest? Any chanter who can do just the minimum is just as good or better.

Troxx
12-30-2018, 04:26 PM
Sure necros are geat, and can do a bit of all in a group situation if the player plays the shit out of it to its fullest Even then it's only as good as a chanter who does the bare minimum - charm, cc, and buff.

Why should I bet that the next necro LFG will play its fullest? Any chanter who can do just the minimum is just as good or better.

Why just compare necro to enchanter? Sure there’s overlap but they also overlap with priests and ... wait for it ... dps classes. Even this crappy and lazy approach requires no real skill or use of the extensive necro toolkit.

With minimal effort a necro will out-perform most dps classes with a properly buffed and positioned pet and some lazily tossed lifetap nukes. This assumes the necro sends pet in early and isn’t afk wanking it ... but this holds true for any dps class.

Mage and necro pet dps is severely under-appreciated on this server. I parse all groups I’m in and level appropriate max summon pets for both classes will, by themselves, competitively (on par with, just below, and frequently above) hang with melee classes with the exception of super-twinked out alts with velious raid weapons.

These are summoned pets mind you. In a place where necros can charm, the only class that competes is a charming enchanter. Enchanters, however, can manage charm with a greater degree of control and safety.

Irulan
12-30-2018, 05:56 PM
Bleh chanters are situational.

Necros are versatile. No matter and can always carry their own weight.

I've met plenty of shite chanters not worth the breeze between their asscheeks now that this is a necro vs enchanter thread.

Necros need less support from a solid healer and good gear to really shine as well.

Can't tell you how many enchanters I carried with my cleric and druid characters while the little pratts took credit for everything.

Tbh if enchanters where deleted. The game would be better, more interesting, and more reliant on real skill instead of a buncha gay pause buttons.

KansasComrade
12-31-2018, 02:42 AM

I've met plenty of shite chanters not worth the breeze between their asscheeks now that this is a necro vs enchanter thread.

Necros need less support from a solid healer and good gear to really shine as well.

Can't tell you how many enchanters I carried with my cleric and druid characters while the little pratts took credit for everything.

Tbh if enchanters where deleted. The game would be better, more interesting, and more reliant on real skill instead of a buncha gay pause buttons.

Pause buttons attracted, sexually, to pause buttons of the same sex. This sexuality stuff is getting out of hand guys.

indiscriminate_hater
12-31-2018, 03:26 AM
Lots of rustled necros here that can’t hack it as an enchanter. Stay mad

Nibblewitz
12-31-2018, 03:38 AM

Necros have pause buttons too, but I think the devs gave enchanters too much utility in comparison to other classes.

wagorf
12-31-2018, 03:39 AM
Why just compare necro to enchanter? Sure there’s overlap but they also overlap with priests and ... wait for it ... dps classes. Even this crappy and lazy approach requires no real skill or use of the extensive necro toolkit.

With minimal effort a necro will out-perform most dps classes with a properly buffed and positioned pet and some lazily tossed lifetap nukes. This assumes the necro sends pet in early and isn’t afk wanking it ... but this holds true for any dps class.

Mage and necro pet dps is severely under-appreciated on this server. I parse all groups I’m in and level appropriate max summon pets for both classes will, by themselves, competitively (on par with, just below, and frequently above) hang with melee classes with the exception of super-twinked out alts with velious raid weapons.

These are summoned pets mind you. In a place where necros can charm, the only class that competes is a charming enchanter. Enchanters, however, can manage charm with a greater degree of control and safety.

when ur saying necro is good when its played to its fullest, the same goes to every class. when every class is played to its fullest, necro is no where near the top.

wagorf
12-31-2018, 03:43 AM

u sound like there are no shit necros - the fact is there are shit player for every class, why should anyone give necro credit because "they have the potential to be great"? any class that plays to its full has the potential to be great.

if every class was played to its full potential, necro still will be no where near the top.

wagorf
12-31-2018, 03:44 AM
because ppl are sayingh necro is good when its played to its fullest? but the the same goes to every class. when every class is played to its fullest, necro is no where near the top.

Troxx
12-31-2018, 04:29 AM
Did you just quote yourself?

Lol

Kanuvan
12-31-2018, 04:36 AM
they is taking spot for a group class is all, get em out

Hibbs
12-31-2018, 04:48 AM
they is taking spot for a group class is all, get em out

:confused:

Phaezed-Reality
12-31-2018, 06:36 AM
weird i get groups on my necro over rogues in seb every day.

kjs86z
12-31-2018, 07:18 AM

Stopped reading after this.

ScaringChildren
12-31-2018, 09:51 AM
Necros > Chanters

If you have a Necro in the group, you don't need a Chanter, Healer, Tank, or DPS.

Necro > Cleric

Necro > Warrior

Necro > Rogue

Mead
12-31-2018, 09:53 AM
u sound like there are no shit necros - the fact is there are shit player for every class, why should anyone give necro credit because "they have the potential to be great"? any class that plays to its full has the potential to be great.

if every class was played to its full potential, necro still will be no where near the top.

I think the point that you missed or just aren't even aware of is that necros take a lot more to be "great" at than your average class. Being able to charm, heal, dot, cc (root and mez), and twitch, with a lot awareness is not the same as playing a rogue, mage, or wizard.

Hope this helps.

Cecily
12-31-2018, 10:25 AM
It’s harder to be a great rogue than it is to be a great necro. If you send your pet in from the right direction and cast a dot or root every once in awhile, commoners will literally think you’re doing magic. Pulling, CC, tanking, and mob positioning (push) all extra things I do that I don’t have a spell gem to press and make happen.

Ha, I must be depressed. I’m arguing about EQ.

Cecily
12-31-2018, 10:29 AM
Btw I love necros in groups. Shadowbond heals are enough to keep a group alive if they aren’t bads.

Irulan
12-31-2018, 11:05 AM
Pause buttons attracted, sexually, to pause buttons of the same sex. This sexuality stuff is getting out of hand guys.

Necros have pause buttons too, but I think the devs gave enchanters too much utility in comparison to other classes.

weird i get groups on my necro over rogues in seb every day.

Necros > Chanters

If you have a Necro in the group, you don't need a Chanter, Healer, Tank, or DPS.

Necro > Cleric

Necro > Warrior

Necro > Rogue

It’s harder to be a great rogue than it is to be a great necro. If you send your pet in from the right direction and cast a dot or root every once in awhile, commoners will literally think you’re doing magic. Pulling, CC, tanking, and mob positioning (push) all extra things I do that I don’t have a spell gem to press and make happen.

Ha, I must be depressed. I’m arguing about EQ.

Btw I love necros in groups. Shadowbond heals are enough to keep a group alive if they aren’t bads.

;):):D:cool::p

Jimjam
12-31-2018, 11:10 AM

Ha, I must be depressed. I’m arguing about EQ.you're the only rogue that actually bothers tanking though.

Every time I am tanking and I need to go afk I always say "spawns are broken, one of you pull, one of you tank" to the three rogues in group. So downstairs I go to make tea, grab some cake, take care of whichever other biological needs.

I can guarantee all three rogues are sat there at camp, no one having took the initiative, but all ready to complain I took too long and I owe them extra XP.

And don't tell me that tanking is too hard on the healer's mana, rogues. Half the time I am tanking on a ranger which is a) also a chain class and 2) has substantially worse defence skills than a rogue from like level 39.

Honestly young rogues need to be handing their newbie notes to Cecily cod I have no idea what these NPC guild masters are teaching them!

Irulan
12-31-2018, 03:06 PM
STR 60
STA 65
AGI 105
DEX 85
WIS 83
INT 99
CHA 85

The correct starting stats for a Dark Elf rogue.

Incase U wanna play one right

Irulan
12-31-2018, 06:39 PM
good taste

I slur my words together with an accent.

dcrag
01-01-2019, 01:32 AM
no necros anywhere, signed

MamaKan
01-01-2019, 01:53 AM
Rogues are the scourge of p99

a_gnome_collector
01-29-2019, 07:20 PM
necros dont do shit in groups. i 100% will skip necros lfg.

kaluppo
01-29-2019, 08:08 PM
Necros > Chanters

Necro > Cleric

Necro > Warrior

Necro > Rogue

This explains why I always see Necro's soloing. They are the group :D

I don't have a seb key so I stick to KC (unfortunately). But what I have noticed in leveling 9 levels there is that Druids and Wizards by far have the toughest time getting groups. Necro's on the other hand will get a DPS spot as long as no other dps is lfg at the same time. Groups here will always take a rogue, monk or mage over a necro.

Not me though. As a cleric I love having a necro to twitch me if I get low on mana. I don't even have to ask. I will see the necro say "how's your mana cleric?" and if I reply anything under 80m I usually see "Inc mana for cleric".

Not to mention most necros throw me a heal over time after I have taken a few hits from sitting aggro. I hate using mana on myself so I can't tell you how much I appreciate the heal from a necro.

loramin
01-29-2019, 08:12 PM
I don't have a seb key

Kaluppo 60 Wood Elf Druid

It is not hard for you to get one. I got my level 20 Rogue a key using my level 51 Druid.

kaluppo
01-29-2019, 08:18 PM
It is not hard for you to get one. I got my level 20 Rogue a key using my level 51 Druid.

I have considered tracking and killing the two mobs with the Druid then camping over to the cleric for him to loot. I'm just worried that someone will come along and loot while I am bringing in the cleric and trying to get to the corpse or that the corpse will rot.

I don't know why but when I camp about 75% of the time I crash to my desktop instead of going cleanly to the character select screen. I then have to re-log in and it takes a few minutes because I get the message that I still have an active character on the server and I need to wait for it to sync.

a_gnome_collector
01-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Necro's on the other hand will get a DPS spot as long as no other dps is lfg at the same time. Groups here will always take a rogue, monk or mage over a necro.

Not me though. As a cleric I love having a necro to twitch me if I get low on mana. I don't even have to ask. I will see the necro say "how's your mana cleric?" and if I reply anything under 80m I usually see "Inc mana for cleric".

Not to mention most necros throw me a heal over time after I have taken a few hits from sitting aggro. I hate using mana on myself so I can't tell you how much I appreciate the heal from a necro.

LMFAO :D:D:D:D:D

shuklak
01-29-2019, 10:35 PM
I have considered tracking and killing the two mobs with the Druid then camping over to the cleric for him to loot. I'm just worried that someone will come along and loot while I am bringing in the cleric and trying to get to the corpse or that the corpse will rot.

I don't know why but when I camp about 75% of the time I crash to my desktop instead of going cleanly to the character select screen. I then have to re-log in and it takes a few minutes because I get the message that I still have an active character on the server and I need to wait for it to sync.

Very common 2 boxing problem actually.

kaluppo
01-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Very common 2 boxing problem actually.

I only have one account so I don't 2 box. But the camping/crashing issue has been happening since the day I started playing P99. I'm sure there is some simple fix but I don't know what it is. So I just live with it.

branamil
01-29-2019, 10:40 PM
I believe running eqgame.exe in XP compatability mode fixed that for me.

d3r14k
01-29-2019, 11:33 PM
Not sure what UI you're running, but Duxa's all in one installer fixed a lot of crasing for me also.

As for getting the key, Loramin has it right. Prepark on the guy you want to give the key to, track hunter / forager on your Druid, hit them with a snare and bring them to your prepark spot, then root rot that mamma jamma and log over.

Bardp1999
01-30-2019, 01:10 AM
I have a Seb key on every char of mine over 50 and I think I have got them from just asking in /OOC from Bards doing the name cycles. Not on a single char have I had to actually camp the mobs or track them. If you make your way to TT you will leave with a key if you put your mind to it

MamaKan
01-30-2019, 01:13 AM
Worst case scenario the corpse rots and you have to kill the mob again, not the end of the world. I've farmed like 20 seb keys with a 53 druid and switching over to loot. It's easy peasy.

As for the necro part, the problem is that most necros don't play the class to its full potential. Just be the puller for your group and everyone will love you. CC incs with pet / root / mezz and bring the mobs single to your grp. Lifetap back up so you don't waste any cleric mana. You can even have like 5 to 10 mobs rooted outside of camp and just deal with the incs when root break.

Or you can be a sucky necro that give all of us a bad name and summon a sucky pet and throw the horror skeleton DD at mobs while sitting in a corner smoking a blunt.

DMN
01-30-2019, 05:13 AM
Necro stole my bike.

Bardp1999
01-30-2019, 05:26 AM
Or you can be a sucky necro that give all of us a bad name and summon a sucky pet and throw the horror skeleton DD at mobs while sitting in a corner smoking a blunt.

They should remove that fucking spell from the game. If it made it so you could undead nuke then it would be cool...but its just an illusion spell that literally everyone who has ever played EQ hates.

DMN
01-30-2019, 06:11 AM
I've been in more than a few rogue/monk heavy groups where send pet/nuke is actually the optimal strategy. It all comes down to diagnosing what your party's bottleneck is.

MamaKan
01-30-2019, 07:53 AM
I've been in more than a few rogue/monk heavy groups where send pet/nuke is actually the optimal strategy. It all comes down to diagnosing what your party's bottleneck is.

Monk is better use as DPS then. Necro pulls a hundred times better than monk in seb (besides king but a really good mechanical player could still do it)

Heebs13
01-30-2019, 10:07 AM

Yeah watching necros complain about not getting groups when my alt is a wiz is just adorable.

I chalk it up to 90% of this server having no idea how any of the classes in the game work except warrior, rogue, cleric, and enchanter. If you have a perfect 6 man group already then yeah I get it, but I'll see groups begging for a chanter or bard CC while my wiz is lfg and I have to wonder if they know what root is. I've also had necros not know they can mez undead, so I guess it goes both ways - a lot of players don't even know how to play their OWN class, let alone what other classes are capable of.

kjs86z
01-30-2019, 10:15 AM
Monk / Necro / Shaman is my favorite trio right now.

mcoy
01-30-2019, 01:06 PM

If you're using Win 10 then set eqgame.exe to xp sp 2 compatibility mode.

-Mcoy

kaluppo
01-30-2019, 03:51 PM
If you're using Win 10 then set eqgame.exe to xp sp 2 compatibility mode.

-Mcoy

I am. I tried it. It worked.

THANKS!

Hisamori
01-30-2019, 05:03 PM
I've also had necros not know they can mez undead, so I guess it goes both ways - a lot of players don't even know how to play their OWN class, let alone what other classes are capable of.
Actually, Necro can mez all type, not just undead. They can only lull undead (calm the dead/rest the dead) though this one crit fails quite often and can be a gamble. Give yourself space to FD.

Tethler
01-30-2019, 08:52 PM
I've been necro duoing with my brothers shaman recently and it's been a lot of fun. I'm only 45, but charming in CoM with shaman slow and spot heals has been a blast. Have been able to keep entire temple camp locked down and pull a few courtyard spawns on top. Looking forward to the 50+ zones soon.

Bardp1999
01-31-2019, 02:32 AM
Monk / Necro / Shaman is my favorite trio right now.

This is literally the best trio in the entire game. Fuck clerics and enchanters and warriors.

Troxx
02-01-2019, 06:49 PM
This is literally the best trio in the entire game. Fuck clerics and enchanters and warriors.

Indeed. Monk does the pulling/tanking. Necro pets out dps and covers most heals (including healing shaman canni) while playing jack of all trades and shaman buffs/debuffs/heals/etc.

There is so much supportive synergy there while leveling.

a_gnome_collector
02-02-2019, 03:41 PM
A lot of players don't even know how to play their OWN class, let alone what other classes are capable of.

Amazing that people can still make it through the install guide somehow :p

Shinko
02-02-2019, 08:09 PM
what do necros do?

TheSurgeon
02-02-2019, 08:37 PM
what do necros do?

If they're faggots they roll Iksars and spend 14 hours a day cock blocking people better than them from getting any camp. It's just what disgusting neck beards do, but especially guildless shit stain level 56 iksar necros.

d3r14k
02-02-2019, 09:57 PM
You seem like a very pleasant and well adjusted person.

Bardp1999
02-03-2019, 05:32 AM
If they're faggots they roll Iksars and spend 14 hours a day cock blocking people better than them from getting any camp. It's just what disgusting neck beards do, but especially guildless shit stain level 56 iksar necros.

Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.

Troxx
02-04-2019, 03:52 PM
Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.

Does the doll have a sandy vagina?

If so, that’s where the man touched him.

Heebs13
02-04-2019, 04:10 PM

This might just be the most anger I have ever seen in two sentences. Thank you for the chuckle.

LazyHydras
02-04-2019, 05:04 PM

Sounds like someone had a bad experience not being able to take HS Basement.

Shinko
02-05-2019, 12:25 AM
any necros my level want to 1v1 me?

Waedawen
02-05-2019, 06:35 PM
people who play p99, especially people who play p99 in 6 man groups in sebilis, aren't very skilled at the game and have little knowledge of the nuance of gameplay strategies.

they just know "necro is bad" and that's the end of the discussion.