PDA

View Full Version : Best Class?

mefdinkins
12-14-2018, 11:03 AM
Hello All,

I have some plat and some gear and I like playing a lot of classes but not sure which class I should invest time, energy, and platinum into.

What do you all think and why?

ScaringChildren
12-14-2018, 11:04 AM
play a Necro

TripleLegit
12-14-2018, 11:10 AM
This RnF post about to be lit.

Also, looks like you have played Rogue, Monk, Bard, Wiz, Druid.

I vote Enchanter. Dope class for solo and group.

aaezil
12-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Warrior bestclass (its not close)

mefdinkins
12-14-2018, 11:12 AM
hahaha i tried to make this more troll and tried to do a poll but somehow the poll failed... i feel betrayed and my RNF DREMAS HAVE BEEN CRUSHED.

FINAL DECISION - split plat between all my toons and be super stingy and poor so that my less gear dependent chars like my druid who has earned me hundreds of thousands if not bajillions of plat in my p99 life still rocks a 100 plat mammoth hide cloak.

oh well thanks for the advice and guidance

Tuurin
12-14-2018, 11:13 AM
IDK- whatever sells for the most DKP? :D

TripleLegit
12-14-2018, 11:14 AM
If trolling. Human Beastlord. GJ

beargryllz
12-14-2018, 11:28 AM
Warrior is by far the best class

Pint
12-14-2018, 11:29 AM
dumb thread, paladin best class. move to resolved.

deezy
12-14-2018, 12:12 PM
ranger number one

TripleLegit
12-14-2018, 12:17 PM
Warrior is by far the best class

Two votes for warrior, making me want to try one now...

tranceminus
12-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Melee classes are all terrible and boring.

Shaman is a pita because you have to keep 8 buffs up on each person and then spam canni constantly, can't ever chill. Same goes for bard.

Mages and wizards blow because they're so one dimensional, as is cleric. Enchanter would be cool but not having heals means that one bad charm break has you sitting around regenning 2hp per tick for 3 hours til you're good to go again.

Druids are cool if your primary goal in the game is to be good at getting people who actually play fun classes to the places they want to go.

So you should play something other than the above classes and you're gtg.

feniin
12-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Half-Elf ranger

feniin
12-14-2018, 01:54 PM

Shaman is a pita because you have to keep 8 buffs up on each person and then spam canni constantly, can't ever chill. Same goes for bard.

Mages and wizards blow because they're so one dimensional, as is cleric. Enchanter would be cool but not having heals means that one bad charm break has you sitting around regenning 2hp per tick for 3 hours til you're good to go again.

Druids are cool if your primary goal in the game is to be good at getting people who actually play fun classes to the places they want to go.

Necro?

TripleLegit
12-14-2018, 02:17 PM

Pretty sure the only option left after this synopsis is Necro. Haha

Troxx
12-14-2018, 03:13 PM
If you have money to invest warrior class is quite fun and the power of the class exponentially takes off at 52 and approaches god mode by level 60.

tranceminus
12-14-2018, 03:40 PM
Necro?

Hey yeah that sounds pretty good.

Bardp1999
12-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Ive had a lot of fun leveling my Shadow Knight - superior to the Paladin in almost every facet of the game. Necro lots of fun also...Basically if it can Feign Death you should be playing it

YendorLootmonkey
12-14-2018, 03:59 PM
Rangers are a ton of fun for the person playing them, but not necessarily for the healer(s) in their group if the ranger is tanking (voluntarily or otherwise).

FatherSioux
12-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Demon Hunter

Cecily
12-14-2018, 04:29 PM
If you have money to invest warrior class is quite fun and the power of the class exponentially takes off at 52 and approaches god mode by level 60.

I had an ultra twinkle warrior and she didn’t make it to 30 before it killed the game for me. I think people who play pure melees can only really stand 1 out the 3. I knew rogue mains who got horribly bored by monk and that’s what happened to me with warrior. Monk seems boring, too.

TripleLegit
12-14-2018, 04:50 PM
I had an ultra twinkle warrior and she didn’t make it to 30 before it killed the game for me. I think people who play pure melees can only really stand 1 out the 3. I knew rogue mains who got horribly bored by monk and that’s what happened to me with warrior. Monk seems boring, too.

Rogue is dope, love mine. Loved monks on Live and sure I would like it here. Never ever played a warrior, they look dope in armor but was always convinced I would get bored. Maybe I should try though.

Wonkie
12-14-2018, 05:16 PM
the bourgeoisie are the kingmakers. as they go so goes the nation.

TripleLegit
12-14-2018, 05:17 PM

A+

ScaringChildren
12-14-2018, 05:28 PM

can the Bourgeoisie solo or is it group-dependent?

Jimjam
12-14-2018, 07:11 PM

The challenge of gearing up a warrior as it levels is also a lot of fun, especially if you go the self looted / quested route.

I think the only gear strategy that sucks the fun out of warrior is if you try to use the warrior to bankroll itself into good gear. That's not really feasible until you get to the point where warrior becomes the number 1 desired tank for content. And at that point you could just hunt for your own gear with your pals instead of farming / buying.

Tethler
12-14-2018, 11:30 PM
The one that you enjoy is the best class.

Cecily
12-15-2018, 01:10 AM
The one that you enjoy is the best class.

Mildly disagree. As Yendor paraphratically put it so well, a ranger is fun for you but not for anyone else. There’s a perceived usefulness or social value of a class to consider and also how entertaining it is to the individual. Especially when we consider classes in terms of “best”, the discussion defaults to one or the other of these ideas and that’s maybe not the best way to look at it. I would consider the best class to be whatever an individual finds entertaining, but also isn’t effectively a social pariah. Who the fuck invited the ranger? Old example, but I lived enough of that leveling mine. Ranger was very fun to play; however, to date, zero people have been excited I brought my ranger instead of my rogue.

YendorLootmonkey
12-15-2018, 01:11 AM
I can tank hot just fine on mine

Your gear may be a little bit above us common folk :P

YendorLootmonkey
12-15-2018, 01:52 AM
Mildly disagree. As Yendor paraphratically put it so well, a ranger is fun for you but not for anyone else.

I think my old original quote was "Playing a ranger is like masturbation... fun for you but not for anyone else."

Cecily
12-15-2018, 02:16 AM
Lol I forgot the first part. Thank you. I’ve always considers that the best description of the P99 ranger experience.

mizzbiscuits
12-15-2018, 02:48 AM
I like my shaman : )

aaezil
12-15-2018, 03:09 AM
Rangers are quite good esp levelling. They have one of the best spells in the game (harmony) / tracking (useful even for lvl60 raids) fear kiting / sow / decent deeps / can pull and tank normal xp groups just not raid mobs. People that look down on the class i think are just dumb/dont know the game very well. Warrior still better though mainly cause gear and discs :)

Tethler
12-15-2018, 03:24 AM
In most cases, I think the only real pariah class anymore is wizard.

Necros are usually not super desirable because most necros are lazy in groups.

Bards are wanted even if they are lazy. So many shit bards just meleeing and playing only 1 song at a time and never twisting.

Rangers are like Canada, the butt of jokes and underappreciated, but they like trees and shit and are fun to have around. I like rangers in my group, especially outdoor dungeons.

Cecily
12-15-2018, 03:53 AM
Velious sure is a broke pile of trash innit?

It gets better.

Zal22
12-15-2018, 11:23 AM
Mildly disagree. As Yendor paraphratically put it so well, a ranger is fun for you but not for anyone else. There’s a perceived usefulness or social value of a class to consider and also how entertaining it is to the individual. Especially when we consider classes in terms of “best”, the discussion defaults to one or the other of these ideas and that’s maybe not the best way to look at it. I would consider the best class to be whatever an individual finds entertaining, but also isn’t effectively a social pariah. Who the fuck invited the ranger? Old example, but I lived enough of that leveling mine. Ranger was very fun to play; however, to date, zero people have been excited I brought my ranger instead of my rogue.

Did not read. Trying to sound smart again?

LulzSe©t
12-15-2018, 12:58 PM
best class is the one you don't hate playing

Fazlazen
12-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Bard

LulzSe©t
12-15-2018, 01:15 PM
Druid

Freakish
12-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Thanks for snaring that dragon Cecily.

Cecily
12-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Glad you caught I was specifically referencing you lol.

Cecily
12-15-2018, 01:49 PM
Did not read. Trying to sound smart again?

I have an attention disorder, too.

Cecily
12-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Explain this grade to me, Zal. The first number on my final score today is higher than the second number and I don’t understand what means.

https://i.imgur.com/ri45159.jpg

Wonkie
12-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Explain this grade to me, Zal. The first number on my final score today is higher than the second number and I don’t understand what means.

[/IMG]

it means your professor wants to see you after class for "extra credit" ;)

Jimjam
12-15-2018, 02:27 PM
It's the weighted score, so it factors in how difficult the other students found the paper? Maybe?

Quizlop
12-15-2018, 02:29 PM
In most cases, I think the only real pariah class anymore is wizard.

People may not like Wizards, but they will always have the distinction of being literally the only class that is 100% required in order to access certain portions of the game.

Clearmind
12-15-2018, 02:30 PM
warrior makes raiding possible more than anything.

Bardp1999
12-15-2018, 02:30 PM
Wizards are awesome for raiding and tooling around at lvl 60. Its just 1-59 where they are a liability

Foxplay
12-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Wizard melee spec is where it's at