PDA

View Full Version : Guess The Next Patch Release date (chardok 2.0, triple attack, etc)

Oleris
11-08-2018, 03:27 PM
It has been 15 months since the last patch. When do you think the next and potentially final patch will be released?

Cecily
11-08-2018, 03:33 PM
October 11, 2018

Rygar
11-08-2018, 03:58 PM
I'm going out on a limb here... will say maybe once TakP gets most of PoP ready to launch. Need that Haynar. Would guess June 2019

Oleris
11-08-2018, 04:04 PM
I'm going out on a limb here... will say maybe once TakP gets most of PoP ready to launch. Need that Haynar. Would guess June 2019

I didn't know he was working on that. I just checked out their forums and saw multiple recent patches with Haynar. I would love a POP locked server with the population of p1999.

loramin
11-08-2018, 04:30 PM
I didn't know he was working on that. I just checked out their forums and saw multiple recent patches with Haynar. I would love a POP locked server with the population of p1999.

AND a one-box rule like P99. Such a server would be magical.

Haynar
11-08-2018, 04:52 PM

I code bugs too. And after patches are when they are discovered. I can't remember what I coded if so long between patches.

I will code more after patch.

I am not a content dev on takp. So expansion wise thats not so important. We have not even begun pop content.

I am enjoying raiding in luclin. Tired of Velious yet?

H

Oleris
11-08-2018, 05:11 PM
I code bugs too. And after patches are when they are discovered. I can't remember what I coded if so long between patches.

I will code more after patch.

I am not a content dev on takp. So expansion wise thats not so important. We have not even begun pop content.

I am enjoying raiding in luclin. Tired of Velious yet?

H

I didn't enjoy Luclin that much when I played it on the new live progression servers. I had fond memories of playing during the Luclin timeline when I was still leveling in the 40's. I do miss the AA's that came out with Luclin though. I'd give TAKP a try if it didn't allow boxing.

Oleris
11-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Haynar voted before end of 2018. I hope he wasn't trolling :D

ScaringChildren
11-08-2018, 05:15 PM
October 11, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/8E0S2Vm.jpg

Haynar
11-08-2018, 05:18 PM
I didn't enjoy Luclin that much when I played it on the new live progression servers. I had fond memories of playing during the Luclin timeline when I was still leveling in the 40's. I do miss the AA's that came out with Luclin though. I'd give TAKP a try if it didn't allow boxing.

Believe it or not, I am over raiding with Nemce in <Azure Guard>. Good times. Velious would have to get old after awhile. Good structured rotations with cooperative guilds. No batphones necessary. My socks have never been whiter!!!

Oleris
11-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Believe it or not, I am over raiding with Nemce in <Azure Guard>. Good times. Velious would have to get old after awhile. Good structured rotations with cooperative guilds. No batphones necessary. My socks have never been whiter!!!

Maybe I will check it out when POP comes out if Pantheon isn't out yet.

Haynar
11-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Maybe I will check it out when POP comes out if Pantheon isn't out yet.

Could really use some good necros. Ur missing out.

But seriously. If boxing is a huge turnoff, dont bother, it will just be annoying. Lots of good ppl tho.

H

Rygar
11-08-2018, 10:34 PM

You know... if you really want people to flock over to TakP, you just gotta hit them with some ClassicQuest on P99. Right now they are using Luclin level mana pools with no +mana cap, luclin level mage epics, and can also open all their bags at one time (among other features).

For your viewing pleasure:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284177
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298463
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288931
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286277

Swing thy nerf bat true, Sir Haynar. Strike these neckbeards down in the name of classic and let the purists rejoice in their salted tears!!

https://i.imgur.com/GgvwSDF.jpg

Check12345
11-08-2018, 10:42 PM
I would love a POP locked server with the population of p1999.

RIP Al'Kabor

YRight now they are using Luclin level mana pools with no +mana cap, luclin level mage epics, and can also open all their bags at one time (among other features).

Am I misreading this? I open and close all my bags here at once on p99.

Rygar
11-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Am I misreading this? I open and close all my bags here at once on p99.

You are misreading it... opening all the bags at once is the problem. In classic, even in PoP and LoY, you could only have 2 bags open at once. If you tried to open the 3rd bag it wouldn't open, you would have to close a bag to open a new one.

Oleris
11-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Green 1999 is actually once pop is finished coding. :cool:

Jimjam
11-09-2018, 01:10 AM
Green 1999 is actually once pop is finished coding. :cool:

I like that; doesn't the PoP expansion story end with Xegony turning back the time line?

Bboboo
11-09-2018, 02:18 AM
moving to soon™

Check12345
11-09-2018, 07:10 AM
You are misreading it... opening all the bags at once is the problem. In classic, even in PoP and LoY, you could only have 2 bags open at once. If you tried to open the 3rd bag it wouldn't open, you would have to close a bag to open a new one.

Ahh that's right I think you or someone else have pointed that out in the past.

Not complaining about that quality of life feature though!

Dillusional
11-09-2018, 07:46 AM
Nilbog's last post about a new earthquake system makes me feel like it will be far off. An automated system was supposed to have been in the wings for the next patch, but his post made it seem like earthquakes would be a manual endeavor for the foreseeable future. "with zero being a possibility"

Secrets
11-09-2018, 11:45 AM
There’s like 75 total people that play on the server. Still more good people there than here though.

I didn’t mind the boxing as much as I found the super clunky classic ui on takp gross.

And tell Daldaen hello since he can’t read this.

CCU isn't indicative of active playerbase. I'd say over 1-2k+ unique players play on TAKP in the last month if I had to guess

Jimjam
11-09-2018, 12:31 PM
I consider this patch to be the ranger DS nerf.

kaev
11-09-2018, 12:34 PM

Yes, yes, we understand. Your immersion is utterly ruined by a quality of life feature that has exactly zero effect on gameplay. The thought that other players are not being inconvenienced sufficiently keeps you awake, utterly miserable, during the long winter nights. Such a sad tale.

Tell us friend, should the mythical "green" server ever open, will you stamp your foot and demand that there be no such thing as <ctrl+leftclick> to select a single item off a stack, no <shift+leftclick> to select and entire stack, no ability to open bags in your bank, and NPC vendors selling exactly and only one item at a time?

Myself I want to see: LORE item in bank doesn't count against inventory and NORENT in bank doesn't poof when you log. (Who else actually played EQ in early enough days to remember the magicians banking bags of band-aids before they logged off to sell to other lowbies when they next played?) Of course, these ephemeral mechanics (changed ~ 6 months after release iirc) were nice for the players, rather than introducing arbitrary and mean-spirited inconvenience as you advocate, so I suppose they hold no interest at all for you.

Jimjam
11-09-2018, 12:47 PM
If you want to make improvements on eq start developing your own server or game.

P99 is about stripping away improvements.

Sorry you didn't get aid.

Oleris
11-09-2018, 12:50 PM
looking forward to light blue con again. I remember how angry everyone was when they removed that and buff timers. Also, bard buffs, resist changes for raid targets etc. This patch is a win-win for everyone :)

Rygar
11-09-2018, 01:28 PM
Yes, yes, we understand. Your immersion is utterly ruined by a quality of life feature that has exactly zero effect on gameplay. The thought that other players are not being inconvenienced sufficiently keeps you awake, utterly miserable, during the long winter nights. Such a sad tale.

Tell us friend, should the mythical "green" server ever open, will you stamp your foot and demand that there be no such thing as <ctrl+leftclick> to select a single item off a stack, no <shift+leftclick> to select and entire stack, no ability to open bags in your bank, and NPC vendors selling exactly and only one item at a time?

Myself I want to see: LORE item in bank doesn't count against inventory and NORENT in bank doesn't poof when you log. (Who else actually played EQ in early enough days to remember the magicians banking bags of band-aids before they logged off to sell to other lowbies when they next played?) Of course, these ephemeral mechanics (changed ~ 6 months after release iirc) were nice for the players, rather than introducing arbitrary and mean-spirited inconvenience as you advocate, so I suppose they hold no interest at all for you.

Yes to all the above. Extra points for having to click the slider for stacked items instead of typing a number.

nilbog
11-09-2018, 01:42 PM
There's definitely a patch coming! I can't give you details on when exactly, but if you get bored, check out the bug forums for fixed issues not yet moved to resolved. Beyond what you might find pending, there are many other content and code changes. Standout things that come to mind are chardok revamp, greenmist quest, and some awesome Haynar stuff.

I will also say, the next patch won't be the last patch to complete the Velious era. We need to make sure it all functions properly, fix bugs, then work on other broken or missing features.

mean-spirited inconvenience

This is great lol. I might change my guild from Team NPC to Mean-Spirited Inconvenience and invite Haynar and Telin.

Oleris
11-09-2018, 01:46 PM
There's definitely a patch coming! I can't give you details on when exactly, but if you get bored, check out the bug forums for fixed issues not yet moved to resolved. Beyond what you might find pending, there are many other content and code changes. Standout things that come to mind are chardok revamp, greenmist quest, and some awesome Haynar stuff.

I will also say, the next patch won't be the last patch to complete the Velious era. We need to make sure it all functions properly, fix bugs, then work on other broken or missing features.

This is great lol. I might change my guild from Team NPC to Mean-Spirited Inconvenience and invite Haynar and Telin.

Thanks for the update.

shuklak
11-09-2018, 02:37 PM

Basically Luclin is a foregone conclusion if I'm reading that right.

loramin
11-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the update.

kaev
11-09-2018, 04:39 PM
I might change my guild from Team NPC to Mean-Spirited Inconvenience and invite Haynar and Telin.

DO EET!!!!!

please?

paulgiamatti
11-09-2018, 10:28 PM
going with a very optimistic 1st q 2019

Mead
11-10-2018, 02:18 AM
Nilbog's last post about a new earthquake system makes me feel like it will be far off. An automated system was supposed to have been in the wings for the next patch, but his post made it seem like earthquakes would be a manual endeavor for the foreseeable future. "with zero being a possibility"

good

shuklak
11-10-2018, 03:50 PM
going with a very optimistic 1st q 2019

Servers turning green in 2019.

Nikkanu
11-11-2018, 05:19 AM
Basically Luclin is a foregone conclusion if I'm reading that right.

https://i.imgur.com/SF8MzIP.gif

Mead
11-11-2018, 08:23 AM
There is no idea.

Luclin discussions are a non-starter. Period.

It does not matter how many times you ask. How you spin it. How you dress it up.

It's no to Luclin. No. No. No.

Which part of that is hard to get? Those that admin the server decided on the goal of the project at the beginning. It stops in Velious. End of story.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2773813&postcount=74

Nikkanu
11-11-2018, 02:23 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2773813&postcount=74

shuklak
11-11-2018, 02:55 PM

#1 rule of sales... everyone says no before they say yes.

Check12345
11-11-2018, 08:14 PM
#1 rule of sales... everyone says no before they say yes.

manaburn says no

Rygar
01-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Ousted GM with no current replacement, new potential 3-person GM council, Rogean buried at work, guide application reviews, coordinating developer time for potential game-breaking hot fixes...

I'm feeling good with June 2019 gents. Don't hold your breath!

Supreme
01-13-2019, 02:09 AM
There will be no further patches. Velious is out that is all.

Swish2
01-13-2019, 10:05 AM
Agatha is in training, the GM the box needs.

aaezil
01-13-2019, 10:09 AM
2020 earliesf

Zal22
01-13-2019, 12:08 PM
Agatha is in training, the GM the box needs.

Who? Sounds like a Tranny. Server needs this like a bullet in the head!

radda
01-13-2019, 01:35 PM
Takp is the shit im telling you. I also raid wth haynar thoigh I have no idea who he is

Oleris
02-10-2019, 11:14 AM
congrats winners

Oleris
02-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Dunnhopen, Hideousclaw, KentalCowtipper, Kerfuffle42, ldgo86, lostclover, lowner411, Mio Kitahara, Octopath, paulgiamatti, Pwnstar, ScaringChildren, sinmaster, Sunstar

Quizlop
02-10-2019, 01:10 PM
I don't think the results are fair, since they only released half of the patch.

24kanthony
02-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Next half coming end of 2022

paulgiamatti
02-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Dunnhopen, Hideousclaw, KentalCowtipper, Kerfuffle42, ldgo86, lostclover, lowner411, Mio Kitahara, Octopath, paulgiamatti, Pwnstar, ScaringChildren, sinmaster, Sunstar

What did I win?!

Wonkie
02-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Rygar P99 loads too fast now it's not classic please fix it

aaezil
02-10-2019, 05:10 PM
congrats winners

Not really... this is only 1/2 (1/3rd?) of the patch!

paulgiamatti
02-10-2019, 05:37 PM
I demand half of a prize.