PDA

View Full Version : You Can Not Claim It All

Tverian
10-29-2018, 02:18 AM
So I am on my twink rogue in Unrest, LFG and finding full groups. I see a group in MR and another group of a cleric & mage @ FP, with a level 52 monk dressed in blue powerleveling them.

I hide/sneak through to see what all is up and what all I can take. I noticed that the Reanimated Hand is an even con and is not being taken out for a solid 10 minutes. A solid 10 minutes! I also notice that the entire reclusive ghoul magus room is up and only later find out this "group" had claim to the barkeep room as well. They literally owned everything!

I did not think it was a big deal to pull the hand, since it had been up for over 10 minutes, but it was an issue for this powerleveler who had claim to the entire upper Unrest, killing it or not, sitting in the room or not, able to take it out as it spawns or not.

It really pisses me off that this level 52 monk decided to KS me (level 22) because I "took" from them a mob that they ignored for 10+ minutes while they also "claimed" a room of 5 spawms but were too slow/stupid to notice. It is ridiculous. And I seriously doubt /petition does anything about these "minor" issues.

Bboboo
10-29-2018, 02:24 AM
moving to red server you could just kill them

Arkanjil
10-29-2018, 02:27 AM
No, they certainly can't claim spawns they aren't actively killing :(

katrik
10-29-2018, 02:29 AM
So I am on my twink rogue in Unrest, LFG and finding full groups. I see a group in MR and another group of a cleric & mage @ FP, with a level 52 monk dressed in blue powerleveling them.

I hide/sneak through to see what all is up and what all I can take. I noticed that the Reanimated Hand is an even con and is not being taken out for a solid 10 minutes. A solid 10 minutes! I also notice that the entire reclusive ghoul magus room is up and only later find out this "group" had claim to the barkeep room as well. They literally owned everything!

I did not think it was a big deal to pull the hand, since it had been up for over 10 minutes, but it was an issue for this powerleveler who had claim to the entire upper Unrest, killing it or not, sitting in the room or not, able to take it out as it spawns or not.

It really pisses me off that this level 52 monk decided to KS me (level 22) because I "took" from them a mob that they ignored for 10+ minutes while they also "claimed" a room of 5 spawms but were too slow/stupid to notice. It is ridiculous. And I seriously doubt /petition does anything about these "minor" issues.

You can take any empty room you want, ESPECIALLY if they aren’t keeping mobs down.

Swish2
10-29-2018, 02:41 AM
No, they certainly can't claim spawns they aren't actively killing :(

Do you remember the L52's name? Sounds like an alt of someone who does Naggy/Vox... I'd petition them.

Tethler
10-29-2018, 03:11 AM
Name and shame. That behavior is decidedly uncool.

Hibbs
10-29-2018, 03:48 AM
Was he in a guild?? name em and petition it. I read in a prior forum that power leveling in prime time in leveling zones such as unrest, mistmoore ect is very much frowned upon and GM encouraged behavior like that to be petitioned.. and at the end of the day.. why be a dick honestly..

Per Rogean...

Arbitration / Camps
In issues of disruptions or interference such as a camp dispute, players are required to work together to reach a compromise.

If this cannot be accomplished prior to the involvement of a Project 1999 CSR Staff Member, the CSR will mandate a solution. A CSR Solution is final and not open to debate. Refusal to abide by the direction of a CSR will result in account disciplinary for disruptive behavior.

Due to the busy nature of the CSR and possible lack of factual information, the solution reached may not be to the best interest of both parties (a "lose-lose" situation). It is for this reason that players are highly suggested to reach a compromise on their own.

The Project 1999 Staff does not define what constitutes a camp, and disputes are arbitrated on a case by case basis. A CSR's ruling may be different than previous rulings based on any number of circumstances, including (but not limited to) players involved and their history, behavior / attitude of the players, and facts gathered by the CSR.

In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead. It is allowed to 'camp' multiple areas if there are no other players interested in doing so, however if another party is interested in moving into one of your camps, you must chose which one to keep and maintain your presence there.

Tverian
10-29-2018, 04:13 AM
Monknificent.

It is just crap that nothing will happen :\

This level 52 engaged with the intention to make sure I did not get experience because they believed they had priority to every single npc that they could leave up for 10+ minutes or however long. And the fucking GMs will do nothing about enforcing their own rules.

That is what pisses me off.

jeremy0818
10-29-2018, 04:23 AM
I can see your frustration, but saying ‘fucking GMs’ will certainly not turn the situation in to your favor

Phenyo
10-29-2018, 04:27 AM
Fraps, petition forum. Venting on rnf will not have the effect you expect.

Hibbs
10-29-2018, 04:34 AM
Fraps, petition forum. Venting on rnf will not have the effect you expect.

What Phenyo said. I would also maybe add any logs you may have with it. GM's are busy and maybe nothing will happen with this infraction but it will always be there, and with multiple issues could lead to something.

And at the end of the day everyone knows he's a dickhead AmIright?

Tethler
10-29-2018, 05:02 AM
Monknificent.

Ahh, he was PL'ing some friend of his in Mistmoore yesterday too. Came and asked my mage for summoned bandaids. My group was at CE, but we had no trouble with him while I was there. Sucks you had that experience though.

If you have this kind of experience in the future, put in a petition when it happens. Even if you think nothing will come of it at the time, it builds a case against repeat offenders if that person does shitty stuff in the future. I believe the GMs and guides can see petition history against individuals or accounts. (may be mistaken about that)

Swish2
10-29-2018, 05:14 AM
Monknificent as a name is ruining my immersion, I'll be petitioning for a name change

ScaringChildren
10-29-2018, 05:48 AM
Monknificent as a name is ruining my immersion, I'll be petitioning for a name change

It's also a stupid name, he should be forced to change it because it's so gay

Rygar
10-29-2018, 07:04 AM
I have no sympathy, you and everyone in your post that is leveling in Unrest... UNREST! And on a twink nonetheless. You are not an innocent little snowflake wanting to relive some nostalgia in your old stomping grounds. You are just a min/max junkie who can't bare to organize a little adventure in a different zone. You have your little leveling path all set out and you'll sit for hours LFG and sitting on your ass waiting for mobs to spawn.

But, I can't go anywhere else Rygar, I don't know those zones as well! I can't use SoW and there isn't a relatively safe zone line near by! I just want to watch netflix as I play mindlessly!

BE A MAN, YOU NOOB! Norrath has a wealth of content for you to enjoy, live life to its fullest and try something new. You won't even need to write a RnF post about people stealing your spawns.

Cecily
10-29-2018, 07:19 AM
Agreed. Leveling in Unreat is like being a new smoker. Much like your body coughing to warn you that you’re inhaling poison, Dagnor’s Cauldron exists to warn you from making a terrible mistake. In both cases the warnings are too often ignored and result in various kinds of cancer, like the OP.

maskedmelon
10-29-2018, 08:49 AM

OP, this is how it works:

nobody has LoS and you draw first blood, then it's yours. if people try to claim more or harass you just growl at them and make them look dumb.

maskedmelon
10-29-2018, 08:52 AM
also, for clarity, if he KS' you, petition. he will be suspended.

Tverian
10-29-2018, 11:02 AM
also, for clarity, if he KS' you, petition. he will be suspended.

That is the thing: I feel nothing will happen. I did petition.

I should not have said "fucking GMs" :P I apologize. They do this for free. I was upset in the moment. Sorry guys!

But really, I very much doubt anything will even come of this. This monk "claimed" nearly all of the top floor of Unrest, while leaving it up, and then acted like I was the asshole for not asking them if I could take a single spawn that they left up for 10 minutes.

All 5 spawns were up in reclusive ghoul magi room which is closer to Fireplace where they were. They also "claimed" barkeep room. I pulled the hand which had been up for well over 10 minutes because I thought they were skipping it for whatever reason. They took offense and engaged it with the intention to prevent me from the kill. They then tried to make me look like the asshole for not asking their permission!

And I just feel like nothing ever happens about these minor situations.

Tverian
10-29-2018, 11:07 AM
I have no sympathy, you and everyone in your post that is leveling in Unrest... UNREST! And on a twink nonetheless. You are not an innocent little snowflake wanting to relive some nostalgia in your old stomping grounds. You are just a min/max junkie who can't bare to organize a little adventure in a different zone. You have your little leveling path all set out and you'll sit for hours LFG and sitting on your ass waiting for mobs to spawn.

But, I can't go anywhere else Rygar, I don't know those zones as well! I can't use SoW and there isn't a relatively safe zone line near by! I just want to watch netflix as I play mindlessly!

BE A MAN, YOU NOOB! Norrath has a wealth of content for you to enjoy, live life to its fullest and try something new. You won't even need to write a RnF post about people stealing your spawns.

lol wat?

Tverian
10-29-2018, 11:15 AM
Just jokes. I understand what you are saying. It is ironic, however, because with my many level 50s and 60s across many servers on live and emulated servers, this is the first and only time I have ever set out to level in Unrest. I have farmed there, powerleveled others there, but never stuck around to level a character there before until now.

I get what you are saying, but you are barking up the wrong tree :P

Tverian
10-29-2018, 11:24 AM
Oh gosh. Look at how clever this one is! So funny. Well pointed out. And the way you did it? Rofl. Screenshot it, print it out, and place it on your fridge. 10 points for originality as well.

Rygar
10-29-2018, 12:03 PM
Just jokes. I understand what you are saying. It is ironic, however, because with my many level 50s and 60s across many servers on live and emulated servers, this is the first and only time I have ever set out to level in Unrest. I have farmed there, powerleveled others there, but never stuck around to level a character there before until now.

I get what you are saying, but you are barking up the wrong tree :P

Yes, and I'm sure you always drink organic coffee in a reusable mug that is ethically sourced and harvested for a fair wage. You only stopped by Starbucks that one time you were late to start your volunteer shift at the Children's Hospital.

Fake news folks.

Tverian
10-29-2018, 12:08 PM
How do you know me so well?!

Wonkie
10-29-2018, 12:15 PM
your only recourse is petitionquest

have fun!

Maliant
10-29-2018, 12:26 PM
I used to go to unrest among other zones to PL random groups or individuals on my monk Imrahn. It was really fun for me to take someone from 24-34 in a few hours once I got really good at it. It was also fun for me. It was challenging getting those 0% FDs off and balancing maximum exp with maximum safety while keeping everyone in the zone happy. I only got a handful of people killed in the many hours I was there and I made sure to EE read them on my necro. That was expensive so I tried to not let anyone die :)

I had a few rules I followed while I did this. I almost never did this in prime time; mostly odd hours when I couldn’t sleep. I looked for times where there was a lot of mobs up and experi nice to be gained for people. If a group was having trouble getting going in say FP because they were had no tank or healer, I’d help them out until they were good and then move on.

Respawn in unrest is 22 min minus hag tower hags which are 6 min 40 second. There is one barbed skeleton that spawns in cubby near Khrix, Carrion in closet, 2 spawns in FP room proper, wandering pather past hand room, mob in small bedroom. Ante-room to hand has 3 mobs, hand room has 2mobs + hand, 1 mob outside on balcony.

Back downstairs you have 2 more (maybe 3 areas to clear yet) 4 mobs + reclusive (PH) in his room. Upstairs you have a wandering hag on stairs (this may be being killed by someone camping hag tower). Bar room has either 5 or 6 mobs. If hag tower is open you have another PH named + 2 hags on a 6 minute 40 second timer.

Depending on how much help the group needed I could clear out everything in probably 10 minutes or so. I’d be chain pulling from room with beads while spam clicking mobs with bio orb or just tearing through mobs.

Maliant
10-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Sorry for typos, wrote that on my phone. Hopefully it’s mostly legible.

Moerne
10-29-2018, 12:33 PM
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I think the 2nd floor is traditionally all considered to be part of the Fireplace room camp. If you took Hand, that would mean you were taking a mob that is part of that recognized camp. (Or at least that's how it was when I've been there off and on). I agree if they left it up for 10 mins, they clearly aren't keeping the entire camp cleared, but in that case you probably really should have tried to communicate with them instead of just sniping one of their mobs.

KS'ing you on the mob wasn't ok though.

Tuurin
10-29-2018, 12:49 PM
On an era-locked nostalgia emu, I have to say PLing is one of the weirdest phenomenons. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would want to get PL'd on a server like P99. Different strokes I guess.

stebbins99
10-29-2018, 01:10 PM
Hey Tuurin! The main reason that I believe many "normal" folks get PL'd is to get caught-up (level-wise) on a certain character so that they may group with their friends.

For instance, if you and your buddies were all around level 30 and a new friend wanted to start a cleric, the new friend would have a difficult time "quickly" soloing the cleric up high-enough to be able to group. He'd likely have to group with strangers via PUGs and would still probably be lagging behind in levels for the foreseeable future.

Thus (or "instead"), if the buddies all pitch-in and PL the new cleric, everyone will be able to group-up sooner. My example is pretty specific to playing with real-life friends and/or people that you played with (on live) back in 1999 that are just now getting into p99.

Basically, the nostalgia that my buddies and I are specifically going for is being able to *group up together,* just like we did as zit-faced teenagers. But yeah, in my opinion, PL'ing should never disrupt the zone and/or get in the way of normal EXP groups and individuals

aaezil
10-29-2018, 01:24 PM
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I think the 2nd floor is traditionally all considered to be part of the Fireplace room camp. If you took Hand, that would mean you were taking a mob that is part of that recognized camp. (Or at least that's how it was when I've been there off and on). I agree if they left it up for 10 mins, they clearly aren't keeping the entire camp cleared, but in that case you probably really should have tried to communicate with them instead of just sniping one of their mobs.

KS'ing you on the mob wasn't ok though.

This is false information.

The closest gms have ever come to defining what a camp is would be whats in your groups immediate los. That’s it. As for trying to hold more “camps” you need to pick which one you want and keep it cleared and give the other spot to the person/group who wants it.

Moerne
10-29-2018, 02:17 PM
This is false information.

The closest gms have ever come to defining what a camp is would be whats in your groups immediate los. That’s it. As for trying to hold more “camps” you need to pick which one you want and keep it cleared and give the other spot to the person/group who wants it.

I was referencing more what's commonly considered a camp by the community, not so much what's enforceable by GMs. There's a lot of camps that encompass more than one room, or an "inside and outside this door" situation, that don't meet the GM enforceable guidelines, but which the majority of the people in the zone will respect as a camp.

reznor_
10-29-2018, 03:39 PM
It's also a stupid name, he should be forced to change it because it's so gay

shuklak
10-29-2018, 07:24 PM
Petition99 working as intended.

Champion_Standing
10-30-2018, 11:29 PM
Your biggest mistake was not petitioning him as soon as you got in the zone.

jakerees
10-30-2018, 11:53 PM
OP made this entire story up holy cow I can't believe you all got caught up in it like seriously did some of you just start browsing rnf yesterday the whole thing was full of holes and inconsistencies like it was crying out that it was a troll post

Hibbs
10-31-2018, 02:14 AM
Camp Disputes: At the time of the dispute it's best to petition in game. There's a lot of confusion about what constitutes a "camp", but if you feel your camp is being invaded whatever you do, don't KS another player. Do not touch a mob someone else has already engaged, this looks really bad for you. We recommend all players to run OBS/FRAPS and record your dispute in action then post it on the petitions / exploits forums.

OP here's this too.

shuklak
10-31-2018, 12:04 PM
P99 should just include fraps in the installer.

WarTurtle62
11-01-2018, 10:26 AM
If you can’t see your mobs or aren’t actively engaging, you can’t claim multiple camps! He was wrong to claim multiple “camps”, but next time say something first in ooc. He/they are allowed to pick their first choice and leave you to your first choice, then it’s free for all. High level is also not supposed to PL in peak when other level appropriate players want a turn. This is considered and detailed in the play nice policy I believe about not disrupting the natural flow of a zone (ie bards or monks pulling entire zones of mobs). Do your best to communicate with players about your intentions, and if they are jerks, not only petition, but save your logs for proof of their comments. Good luck! Fair warning, overcrowding and over camping popular spots has been an issue for me in p99 since day one.

Ruhtar
11-01-2018, 11:30 AM
The way I see camps is whatever the name of that camp is. If you're camping throne room in CB, you have the mobs in the throne room. MM pond is the mobs around the pond, unrest MR is just the mobs in the main room, stables in CoM are just the mobs in the stables, etc. Anything a group gets beyond that is considered FFA unless someone decides to actively camp those other spots.

We're a bit spoiled on this server, especially when it comes to camps. I remember being in groups on live where our camp was only 2-3 mobs and in really crap situations, you have 1 spawn to your name. Here, people expect the whole zone to be open to them and end up screwing over others just trying to get one more sliver of a blue.

Next time someone does that, just tell them to pick a spot to camp and you'll take the other. If they can't follow the rules, fraps/logs/steal their identity and petition.

Ghostly
11-01-2018, 11:35 AM
The way I see camps is whatever the name of that camp is. If you're camping throne room in CB, you have the mobs in the throne room.

So you're saying that if someone calls Throne Room, then i can take Emp Crush Room? Because to my knowledge, that is all 1 camp. But your explanation says its not. Same with your other explanations. Unrest MR is only mobs in MR? Because normally it includes the mobs that are in the surrounding hallways.

Danth
11-01-2018, 11:59 AM
So you're saying that if someone calls Throne Room, then i can take Emp Crush Room? Because to my knowledge, that is all 1 camp. But your explanation says its not. Same with your other explanations. Unrest MR is only mobs in MR? Because normally it includes the mobs that are in the surrounding hallways.

Under a strict interpretation of the server rules--yes to both. It should be noted that doing precisely that sort of thing was how a small zone like Unrest could support 40 people or more in the original game, where it feels overcrowded with half that on P1999. The modern, WoW-influenced gamer no longer tolerates downtime between waves of monster spawns and instead expected continuous pulls.

On P1999, I've personally witnessed cases where a guide ruled the two very-near-each-other (and, indeed, actually in line of sight of each other) frenzy spawns in Velketor's as separate camps, contrary to the community norm of treating them as a single camp. In general the server rules seem to encourage groups making way for additional groups as zones become more crowded.

Danth

bigjeff100
11-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Go somewhere else you guys.. Don't break camps down so much that it's a waste of time for everybody.. This is a stupid discussion. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

NegaStoat
11-01-2018, 12:46 PM
If I walk into a dungeon and see the mobs that I want are fully respawned and waiting and that no one is in Line of Sight of them, I'll take a screenshot with a /time stamp in the chat. Then I'll wait 2 min. Take a screenshot with /time. Wait 2 more. Take a screenshot. On the 6th minute I'll take my last screenshot with /time and then start killing.

A player can be killing multiple spawns in a dungeon all they want. That's great. I'm not going into /ooc and asking permission to kill something that's been left alone and fully spawned for 6 minutes. That's just rolling the dice and hoping the other player will be nice. Screw that. Maintain a presence in what you're killing, or go fish.

Legidias
11-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Screenshots aren't useful as evidence, only video

America
11-01-2018, 01:42 PM
If I walk into a dungeon and see the mobs that I want are fully respawned and waiting and that no one is in Line of Sight of them, I'll take a screenshot with a /time stamp in the chat. Then I'll wait 2 min. Take a screenshot with /time. Wait 2 more. Take a screenshot. On the 6th minute I'll take my last screenshot with /time and then start killing.

souinds like a fun videogame

Cecily
11-01-2018, 01:51 PM
souinds like a fun videogame

Yeah, but keep in mind you and I argue with people for fun on a 20 year old dead video game private forum. I’m certainly not one to judge people for whatever weird things they’re into.

Puluin
11-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Go somewhere else you guys.. Don't break camps down so much that it's a waste of time for everybody.. This is a stupid discussion. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

But breaking up camps is classic 100% !!!

High keep goblins was home to 4 full groups consistently.
Raider room (4 goblins) , war room ( 4-5 goblins) , main room (4-5 gobs) and the side room ( 3 gobs)
If I tried to do that on p99 people would loose their tiny minds.

Sonderbeast
11-01-2018, 02:05 PM
I claim it all

Jimjam
11-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Interestingly gnomes can call much wider camps thanks to their tinkered X-ray goggles / wall vision.

jakerees
11-01-2018, 03:34 PM
But breaking up camps is classic 100% !!!

High keep goblins was home to 4 full groups consistently.
Raider room (4 goblins) , war room ( 4-5 goblins) , main room (4-5 gobs) and the side room ( 3 gobs)
If I tried to do that on p99 people would loose their tiny minds.

That is how i found the hard way that camps on p99 are nothing like the classic counterpart cause i saw one group killing in the main room and ran down to the bottom and found everything up and took my time buffing up and getting ready outside the room and ten minutes later started killing only to have the group in the big room start freaking out about mobs they weren't even pulling