PDA

View Full Version : Robthe and his autofiring must be addressed

Neetas1320
08-22-2018, 11:00 PM
So this dude literally just FTE'd Lodizal and died cause afk.

I bought a map off him because i thought sore losers only complained about him but he literally just FTE'd lodi then sat there for a good 30 seconds while Lodizal beat his ass until he died. I have also sat with him in previous lodi windows and he secured FTE everytime.

Many many many complaints about this guy from many different toons. He is a known boxer and a known auto fire user. Please get this guy off the server. We have fraps of this last lodizal encounter.

Mead
08-22-2018, 11:05 PM
what's his surname?

Wonkie
08-22-2018, 11:08 PM
it's fucked up that lodizal even exists, ice turtles aren't real

Phenyo
08-22-2018, 11:14 PM
what's his surname?

mcleod

Dreenk317
08-23-2018, 12:27 AM
it's fucked up that lodizal even exists, ice turtles aren't real
As far as you know.....

Rainik Stormseeker
08-23-2018, 12:40 AM
I <3 frappuccinos

m00r5tuD
08-23-2018, 01:53 AM
should make him spawn anywhere along his wander path

aaezil
08-23-2018, 05:05 AM
should make him spawn anywhere along his wander path

Please god in heaven see it in your heart to end p99 clickfests

aaezil
08-23-2018, 05:06 AM
Btw everyone at Lodi uses a macro keyboard

“The more you know”

gkmarino
08-23-2018, 06:03 AM
Oh sweet yeah dudes been known to be a royal dirk and not afraid to bend rules till they break.

Foxplay
08-23-2018, 06:09 AM
Poor Turtle... never gets to just be a turtle for awhile...

Kesselring
08-23-2018, 06:18 AM
That dude still autofiring lodi? Lol.

Rygar
08-23-2018, 06:20 AM
Please god in heaven see it in your heart to end p99 clickfests

Part of the reason is variance should be in for any spawn over 2hrs (classic. Should scale up with spawn timer), not just for raid mobs.

Timing 2hr+ spawns to the millisecond like scout and ring 8 roll was never a thing, each of his cycles should have a variance which would lead to much larger windows.

Lammy
08-23-2018, 06:33 AM
Also quillmane spawn / cycle isn't classic

ScaringChildren
08-23-2018, 07:57 AM
what's his surname?

Lodi

Pringles
08-23-2018, 08:06 AM
Part of the reason is variance should be in for any spawn over 2hrs (classic. Should scale up with spawn timer), not just for raid mobs.

Timing 2hr+ spawns to the millisecond like scout and ring 8 roll was never a thing, each of his cycles should have a variance which would lead to much larger windows.

Lodizal has a two hour variance lol. Maybe play the game once in awhile and you wouldn't have to make ignorant statements.

Rygar
08-23-2018, 09:13 AM
Lodizal has a two hour variance lol. Maybe play the game once in awhile and you wouldn't have to make ignorant statements.

Good to know, thanks for the info. Rest of my statement still stands. Does it feel good to try and put me down for not sitting and staring at a spawn point for 2 hours? Oh, you are welcome for all the research I've done to make p99 a more realistic interpretation of the original game.

No clue why you get off on me not actively playing the game via grouping / raiding anymore. I did so for 2 years so have a decent understanding of current meta, I am now dedicated to providing info to the dev team via bug reports, which i still log in to test before making (exception being poopsock / raid level stuff).

TLDR: stop being a salty elitist

Rang
08-23-2018, 09:48 AM
kluwen back in the saddle i see. #rentdue

Whirled
08-23-2018, 09:50 AM
Also quillmane spawn / cycle isn't classic
100% agree

Rygar for Mayor of Norrath!

Littul Jonn
08-23-2018, 09:52 AM
Soooo why not just petition him with those fraps like the GMs instruct us to do? Brining to RNF will only give us something midly entertaining to read at work and have the shit poster lords trash his (or yours or both) public image.

Ghostly
08-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Good to know, thanks for the info. Rest of my statement still stands. Does it feel good to try and put me down for not sitting and staring at a spawn point for 2 hours? Oh, you are welcome for all the research I've done to make p99 a more realistic interpretation of the original game.

No clue why you get off on me not actively playing the game via grouping / raiding anymore. I did so for 2 years so have a decent understanding of current meta, I am now dedicated to providing info to the dev team via bug reports, which i still log in to test before making (exception being poopsock / raid level stuff).

Calls someone elitist but thinks people should thank him for spending just as much time trying to fix shit no one cares about as people who poop sock Lodi.

Thanks for the ruining Goblin Ears for everyone.

icedwards
08-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Soooo why not just petition him with those fraps like the GMs instruct us to do? Brining to RNF will only give us something midly entertaining to read at work and have the shit poster lords trash his (or yours or both) public image.

https://i.imgur.com/c7NJRa2.gif

Littul Jonn
08-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Hahahhaha fair enough

Neetas1320
08-23-2018, 10:55 AM
It has been petitioned and fraps sent in, thanks!

GinnasP99
08-23-2018, 11:04 AM

Lodi's window is 2 hours for the first spawn window, 4 for the next and 6 for the third. If it goes to a third window its a guaranteed pop

Yoink1986
08-23-2018, 11:42 AM
That’s definitely wrong Ginnas lol.

skarlorn
08-23-2018, 11:46 AM
https://i.imgur.com/c7NJRa2.gif

loramin
08-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Calls someone elitist but thinks people should thank him for spending just as much time trying to fix shit no one cares about as people who poop sock Lodi.

You should thank him, scrub.

What do you see when you look up at the top left corner of your screen?

Project 1999
Classic Everquest

The entire point of the project, the entire reason you're even able to play here and complain about non-classic/bugged content is because people like Nilbog and Rogean have a passion for creating 100% classic EverQuest. Not "classic EverQuest with un-classic Goblin Ears", but classic EverQuest.

I've been here 4+ years and I haven't seen anyone (aside from the staff) contribute as much to the project as Rygar: he's like a one man QA team. (To be fair, I think Daldaen contributed a lot too, but much of it was before my time).

Anyone who appreciates this project should appreciate Rygar.

bigjeff100
08-23-2018, 12:07 PM

The entire point of the project, the entire reason you're even able to play here and complain about non-classic/bugged content is because people like Nilbog and Rogean have a passion for creating 100% classic EverQuest. Not "classic EverQuest with un-classic Goblin Ears", but classic EverQuest.

I've been here 4+ years and I haven't seen anyone (aside from the staff) contribute as much to the project as Rygar: he's like a one man QA team. (To be fair, I think Daldaen contributed a lot too, but much of it was before my time).

Super legit response. Don't be a scum bag to the people who make a positive impact on this community.

Rygar
08-23-2018, 12:10 PM

Researching is indeed a thankless job. I fail to see how i am an elitist, I'm not putting people down for not knowing stuff like Pringles tends to do.

And like it or not, fixing the shit that "no one cares about" in my opinion is what stands p99 out from other games. The polish on this game is pretty amazing, every little bit of detail helps to recreate a world that is nearly lost to the sands of time. A lot of people here play for the nostalgia in all aspects of the game, not just raids and end game encounters.

Goblin ears, quest exp was custom content basically, now will be fixed. Had like 9 years of unrealistic gains, deal with it.

Ghostly
08-23-2018, 12:25 PM

Yes, because this server is super classic... wait a second, its not even close. Its classic content yes, but classic as a whole? That laughable.

Should we really turn this into another "Shit's classic, Shit's not classic" rant? Take a look at the raid scene and tell me how "classic" that shit is.

loramin
08-23-2018, 12:37 PM
Yes, because this server is super classic... wait a second, its not even close. Its classic content yes, but classic as a whole? That laughable.

Should we really turn this into another "Shit's classic, Shit's not classic" rant? Take a look at the raid scene and tell me how "classic" that shit is.

You talk like you've been here awhile and know the server ("Should we really turn this into another "Shit's classic, Shit's not classic" rant?"), yet you're pretty ignorant of how it actually works.

This "Blue" server isn't meant to be perfectly classic; it's the beta test server for the real classic server ("Green"). The entire purpose of its existence isn't to give you somewhere to play (that's a happy accident), it's to find stuff that isn't classic so the devs can fix it.

In other words, the entire reason you and everyone else who enjoys Blue is able to do so is because this server has value to the devs for their ultimate goal (a truly classic EQ server) ... and the entire reason this server has value to them is because of people like Rygar.

Ghostly
08-23-2018, 01:24 PM
You talk like you've been here awhile and know the server ("Should we really turn this into another "Shit's classic, Shit's not classic" rant?"), yet you're pretty ignorant of how it actually works.

This "Blue" server isn't meant to be perfectly classic; it's the beta test server for the real classic server ("Green"). The entire purpose of its existence isn't to give you somewhere to play (that's a happy accident), it's to find stuff that isn't classic so the devs can fix it.

In other words, the entire reason you and everyone else who enjoys Blue is able to do so is because this server has value to the devs for their ultimate goal (a truly classic EQ server) ... and the entire reason this server has value to them is because of people like Rygar.

Stop it with the "this is Beta" bullshit. This is THE server. This "Beta" server has been around longer than other MMO's. You're dreaming if you believe that the Green server is coming within the next 5 years, i personally doubt its coming at all.

How long did you wait for Velious? How long have you been waiting for Chardok 2.0? They're still fixing stuff from Vanilla. What makes you think they won't be fixing stuff from Kunark, Velious, and Chardok 2.0 for many, many years to come?

Canelek
08-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Quite a bit of impotent rage around here. Almost like some folks "hate play" P99...

Wonkie
08-23-2018, 01:53 PM
people get very upset when they learn they beta

Foxplay
08-23-2018, 02:02 PM
People get upset when you take them off the unclassic binkie...sounds like the same argument when people playing an overpowered class in a new mmo gets nerfed. You know it's OP don't cry when it gets nerfed... Same shoe you know it's not classic don't cry when it gets researched and fixed... If you don't want classic go play Live, enjoy that dumpster fire

"Ruining goblin ears..." Lol that says it all right there

You confuse ruining with fixing

Rygar
08-23-2018, 03:57 PM

I thank you for the compliment Loramin, you have aroused me as only a Sadiki homo-erotic adventure could (another of my community contributions... I'm due for another chapter).

I indeed have the bug report sickness, I've been focusing more on minor polish tweaks lately (missing hail flavor text, trash mob loot tables, mob sizes, exp camp details, etc) which makes for some easy research. I haven't done much 'major world changing' research in a while.

I give big props to Ele (to date the ultimate research master that P99 has ever seen) and Daldaen (a great mechanics junkie and overall knowledge master). I think Raev, Pasi, and Nirgon have really helped bring a lot of stuff up to date, but they were more active before my time.

Wish more people looked up some details to be honest, it's surprisingly easy to find. The ZAM page for a mob / zone shows pretty old comments that can give you a reasonable idea if behavior / drop table on P99 is accurate, and google newsgroups are easily searchable.

I get it though, when I was an exp / grouping junkie I could barely be pulled away from EQ (helluva drug).

Legday
08-23-2018, 04:14 PM
Never forget - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJKo2QpKZc

kazima441
08-23-2018, 04:29 PM

You really have to slow this video down to .25x when you watch it to appreciate it.

Hokushin and Mahavishnu are so skilled, that within .25 seconds of Cekenar spawning they are both able to execute an engage at the exact same fraction of a second. Amazing talent here. Simply amazing.

Rygar
08-23-2018, 04:50 PM
You really have to slow this video down to .25x when you watch it to appreciate it.

Hokushin and Mahavishnu are so skilled, that within .25 seconds of Cekenar spawning they are both able to execute an engage at the exact same fraction of a second. Amazing talent here. Simply amazing.

I do not appreciate the pixel sickness I just witnessed

Phenyo
08-23-2018, 04:56 PM

you wish you could be a fraction as skilled as these amazing professional elf athletes

Ella`Ella
08-23-2018, 05:07 PM
you wish you could be a fraction as skilled as these amazing professional elf athletes

I was one of the most gifted (and very sick) pixel princes this server has ever seen and even my talents are no comparison to this LeBron/DWade duo.

Legday
08-23-2018, 06:22 PM

Elflete

Rygar
08-23-2018, 06:49 PM
Is one of those the one where the guy was eating Manasana's ass at the formation of Blood Guard?

Coz that was the best one.

Quite right, and i was eating the ass as Sadiki watched.

Good to know you are a man of culture.

Dartagnan
08-23-2018, 09:33 PM

There is NOTHING classic about the server in its current state. It has taken on its own thing now that it's 9 years old.

They should be wiping the server after the set amount of time expires from Classic -> Right before Luclin.

loramin
08-23-2018, 09:42 PM
They should be wiping the server after the set amount of time expires from Classic -> Right before Luclin.

That's the plan for the "Green" server.

shuklak
08-24-2018, 01:51 AM
Why the quotes...

Mead
08-24-2018, 02:41 AM
Why the quotes...

he's starting to doubt

only a couple more years before he admits defeat

i will be waiting for him

Neetas1320
08-24-2018, 06:29 AM
Pretty sure GM cannot detect it, otherwise why so many instances of people doing it going unpunished.

When you get FTE and you are afk it's pretty clear you are using autofire

punkbythebook12
08-24-2018, 08:27 AM
Thanks to bringing this to light, I hate when people cheat in an old ass game. or in ANY game. I want to enjoy it as a whole, not get foiled in anguish. But one key mention only a handful of people run and maintain this game for OUR enjoyment in their OWN time. Kudos to the staff ! Im sure issues will get resolved soon enough, its not like they have a whole staff of 50+ to weed out cheaters..

loramin
08-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Why the quotes...

AFAIK neither "Green" nor the other alias ("Recycle") is an official name for the server. The player community uses those terms, but I haven't seen the staff use either one, so I try to use quotes until an official name is chosen.

Jimjam
08-24-2018, 12:28 PM
Thanks to bringing this to light, I hate when people cheat in an old ass game. or in ANY game. I want to enjoy it as a whole, not get foiled in anguish. But one key mention only a handful of people run and maintain this game for OUR enjoyment in their OWN time. Kudos to the staff ! Im sure issues will get resolved soon enough, its not like they have a whole staff of 50+ to weed out cheaters..

It's not for our enjoyment anymore than a pharmaceutical chemist's experiments are for their rats' enjoyment.

shuklak
08-24-2018, 02:15 PM
It's not for our enjoyment anymore than a pharmaceutical chemist's experiments are for their rats' enjoyment.

Tell me those mice don't enjoy the endless cocaine lever.

Dreenk317
08-24-2018, 02:49 PM

Classic = no 25 mob limit on my aoe.
Classic = a working aoe bard mez.
Classic = proper los mechanics
Classic = pets that can hold aggro
Classic = a lot of things that aren't here or were *purposely* made not classic. Get off your high horse. Super not classic.

NegaStoat
08-24-2018, 07:29 PM
The thing about this video that really struck me was how both pullers bothered to throw a 2nd hammer, etc, when the thing is in melee and crushing them. It's like they were semi conscious in a drug induced haze at the keyboard and were completely unable to turn their keyboard off.

Canelek
08-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Well of course there are non classic mechanics in the game. I suppose some of you are still asshurt over Chardonnay becoming a regular zone as opposed to money grab. Taking away that rent money creates much salty tears.

Canelek
08-25-2018, 11:09 AM
I can’t wait for Chardonnay 2.0

http://i.imgur.com/GJ5avnv.jpg

That autocorrected deliciously.

smitho1984
08-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Poor Turtle... never gets to just be a turtle for awhile...

He's not turtley enough for the turtle club.

Clearmind
08-26-2018, 03:23 PM
robthe and capis macleod lol

aaezil
08-27-2018, 09:30 AM
If they banned autofire usage top end raid pullers would be banned and they would have to come up wih a non cheating way to raid.

I am in favor!

Cecily
08-27-2018, 10:02 AM
I can’t wait for Chardonnay 2.0

http://i.imgur.com/GJ5avnv.jpg

Cheers.

Speedi
08-28-2018, 12:50 PM
https://www.facebook.com/1787534361480226/videos/2141354776098181/

Nexii
09-02-2018, 09:10 PM
https://ibb.co/fn5qfK

Wonkie
09-02-2018, 09:19 PM

https://i.imgur.com/sU1eq8F.gif

ScaringChildren
09-02-2018, 11:32 PM

Damn, you rustled him with one sentence.

Impressive.

Tethler
09-03-2018, 12:34 AM

Looool

shuklak
09-03-2018, 01:10 AM
Hes definitely not the bigger man (in game).

Mead
09-03-2018, 01:29 AM
rob mad

Phenyo
09-03-2018, 10:32 AM

gotem

Canelek
09-03-2018, 01:26 PM

Bravo! I like how he launches directly into making fun of you for playing the same game, while in the game himself, on his way to exploit 3rd party applications.

And, math.

Pringles
09-03-2018, 01:39 PM
he's not even a pizza delivery man anymore

weak

Jimjam
09-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Bravo! I like how he launches directly into making fun of you for playing the same game, while in the game himself, on his way to exploit 3rd party applications.

And, math.

His instant reference to money earnt informs us his funds aRe eMpTy.

aaezil
09-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Any news on staff punishing auto fire?

Neetas1320
09-04-2018, 01:35 AM
Pretty sure nothing was done

Littul Jonn
09-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Any news on staff punishing auto fire?

Robthe isn't in Core... so no

deezy
09-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Robthe isn't in Core... so no

whew, looks like robthe is safe.

robtherad
09-10-2018, 12:53 AM
Anyone want to buy a shell?

https://i.imgur.com/oDKFeCk.png

shuklak
09-10-2018, 03:44 AM
#askingforit

Canelek
09-10-2018, 04:15 AM
Anyone want to buy a shell?

https://i.imgur.com/oDKFeCk.png

Two more and you'll also cover DirecTV bill. :D

ScaringChildren
09-10-2018, 06:12 AM
Got any maps?

Senescant
09-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Dawn Believers have been monopolizing Lodi for a while now. Robthe has been seen asking for scraps in order to make ends meet. Hot pockets don’t buy themselves you know...